SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda NC700X

kmjoe

Oh yes, forget to mention BS is really lacking logistically. They don't even carry stock for clutch cable for our NC, imagine that! Wanted to carry one spare for touring also cannot.

darn this is really worrying..

is the clutch cable identical with other bikes..

the oilfilter seems to be identical..

cant imagine if my clutch cable or other cable were to snapped and finding a replacement would be a killer

if this kind of basic thing they dont have it.

can we get parts for our NC bikes easily form other bike shops?? eg brake pad, cables etc...

"Let them hate provided they fear"

Other than asp which shop carry nc700? Thank

You may wish to call up Mah and bike production. But its best to get from ASP. If you need a contact,I can refer you.

darn this is really worrying..

is the clutch cable identical with other bikes..

the oilfilter seems to be identical..

cant imagine if my clutch cable or other cable were to snapped and finding a replacement would be a killer

if this kind of basic thing they dont have it.

can we get parts for our NC bikes easily form other bike shops?? eg brake pad, cables etc...

Even their spare part department can't answer if can use other Honda bikes clutch cable. They wanted to call up Japan but they having 1 week holiday over there.

I asked 2 bike shops, their answer was 'huh? What bike?'. Guess our model is just too new.

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the correct place to write to as i'm a NC700S rider, not NC700X.

There is no sub forum in the naked bike section for NC700S.

Anyway, i got my bike late last month and enjoying my ride.

Was riding a Revo previously. I would say i enjoyed this bike much more than my revo (it still a gd bike).

After i got my bike, i mounted a few things:

1) Front fender extender from Pyramid Plastic.

2) R&G rear hugger

3) R&G rear shock tube

Currently, i'm still deciding whether to mount Givi Crash bar or wait for a a supplier that can provide a full set of sliders.

Here are the few reasons:

1) Givi Crash bars - Mah need abt 8 weeks to arrive.

- Crash bars look better in the NCX than NCS.

2) Sliders - Yet to find any dealer or supplier which carry this.

- Equipment Extreme: They say cannot fit sliders for the bike due to mounting points.

- Motovation-accessory: Claims that Puig brand having their summer holicay till end aug. As for motovation brand, don't have frame, fork & axle for my model.

Any NCS riders who can give me some inputs if you have mounted Givi crash bars on your bike, pictures if possible.

Maybe NCX riders can provide some advice too.

Thank you.

Regards,

Emil (Mr)

Edited by emilsee

Dec 2003 - July 2010

Honda Phantom TA 200

July 2010 - July 2012

Honda Super Four Revo

July 2012 - Current

Honda NC700S ABS

You may wish to call up Mah and bike production. But its best to get from ASP. If you need a contact,I can refer you.

Even their spare part department can't answer if can use other Honda bikes clutch cable. They wanted to call up Japan but they having 1 week holiday over there.

I asked 2 bike shops, their answer was 'huh? What bike?'. Guess our model is just too new.

Damn this is even more worrying.. all these while i go on trip nt knowing that standards parts are nt here in sg.

Will check with BS again this coming week.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the correct place to write to as i'm a NC700S rider, not NC700X.

Was riding a Revo previously. I would say i enjoyed this bike much more than my revo (it still a gd bike).

2) R&G rear hugger

3) R&G rear shock tube

Currently, i'm still deciding whether to mount Givi Crash bar or wait for a a supplier that can provide a full set of sliders.

- Equipment Extreme: They say cannot fit sliders for the bike due to mounting points.

- Motovation-accessory: Claims that Puig brand having their summer holicay till end aug. As for motovation brand, don't have frame, fork & axle for my model.

Any NCS riders who can give me some inputs if you have mounted Givi crash bars on your bike, pictures if possible.

Thank you.

Regards,

Emil (Mr)

hi emil..

im a fellow NCS rider as well..

so far only have a rad guard, 50L junior hepco top box, NCX main stand, 12v charger, after market mirror, ermax windshield..

ordered a givi crash bar from mah motor since july.. am still waiting for the item to arrive.

the crash bar offers more protection to the frame and to its radiator frame if compared to a slider although the disadvantage part is that the crash bar is heavier..

u can google the pixs for the slider.. there are pixs being post from international NC forums.

Edited by newblood

I wish to ask riders who have installed the main stand if this addition will affect the overall FC of this bike as compared to the original one with just the side stand. Anyone have records? Many Thanks

so far not much off a difference felt for the FC..

FC still the same unless u go throttle happy though.

Back from Melaka. Update on NC fuel consumption. Both bikes top up full when arrived in Melaka. Did some riding around town and all the way back to SG. Did last top up before customs and here are the results.

NC: 9.8 litres

F6: 16.0 litres

I think my friend is considering changing bike :p

true alot of ppl doesn't know this bike exist and do u think a universal clutch cable will work?

how long is an universal clutch cable? able to cut to required length?

Hi all,

2) R&G rear hugger

3) R&G rear shock tube

Thank you.

Regards,

Emil (Mr)

Welcome to our NC family!

the givi crash bars are actually quite nice on a NCS as the crash bars are still small. you may wish to check out UK NC owners forum. they're blessed with close proximity to EU and thus many of the aftermarket parts are easily available there. be forewarned, they are poisonous. haha..

Damn this is even more worrying.. all these while i go on trip nt knowing that standards parts are nt here in sg.

Will check with BS again this coming week.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

yes, pls check with BS and make noise, more owners make noise.. hopefully they can action faster and not take their own bloody sweet time to order in the parts.

pls update us here :)

I wish to ask riders who have installed the main stand if this addition will affect the overall FC of this bike as compared to the original one with just the side stand. Anyone have records? Many Thanks

would not affect at all. the main stand is at most 10kg??

Try looking at other honda bikes with clutch cables like NT700 or Varadero 125, you wouldn't know may be the same.

Did some research on throttle cables and clutch cables, NC700x throttle is the same as varadero 1000.

From my past experience honda do use back some parts but change the part number only.

I use to ride steed but buying shawdow clutch cable instead same length same design.

My vfr800 radiator cap is the same as super4 but differ parts number.

I would just buy a long clutch cable & throttle cable with a vespa adaptor, one size fits all.

Edited by CKC

Hi all,

2) R&G rear hugger

3) R&G rear shock tube

Thank you.

Regards,

Emil (Mr)

welcome even though I haven collect my bike ..... haiz

even my accessories have arrive before my bike ...... damn

hi emil..

im a fellow NCS rider as well..

so far only have a rad guard, 50L junior hepco top box, NCX main stand, 12v charger, after market mirror, ermax windshield..

ordered a givi crash bar from mah motor since july.. am still waiting for the item to arrive.

the crash bar offers more protection to the frame and to its radiator frame if compared to a slider although the disadvantage part is that the crash bar is heavier..

u can google the pixs for the slider.. there are pixs being post from international NC forums.

wa bro where u find hepco 50l junior tc?

how long is an universal clutch cable? able to cut to required length?

dunno bro, just happen to came across online

no problem emil, there's NCS riders here as well all same family! do you have pictures of ur bike? im curious about the r&g rear shock tube

Thank you for welcoming me. Here are the pics to the R&G rear hugger.R&G Hugger.jpg

Dec 2003 - July 2010

Honda Phantom TA 200

July 2010 - July 2012

Honda Super Four Revo

July 2012 - Current

Honda NC700S ABS

Hi Newblood, thank you for sharing. Will look forward to your review on the givi crash bar when it arrives. I've yet to see a pic on NCS with the crash bar. All of i've seen are NCX.

Dec 2003 - July 2010

Honda Phantom TA 200

July 2010 - July 2012

Honda Super Four Revo

July 2012 - Current

Honda NC700S ABS

Try looking at other honda bikes with clutch cables like NT700 or Varadero 125, you wouldn't know may be the same.

Did some research on throttle cables and clutch cables, NC700x throttle is the same as varadero 1000.

From my past experience honda do use back some parts but change the part number only.

I use to ride steed but buying shawdow clutch cable instead same length same design.

My vfr800 radiator cap is the same as super4 but differ parts number.

I would just buy a long clutch cable & throttle cable with a vespa adaptor, one size fits all.

nice sharing. will enquire more this coming weeks. hopefully BS can bring it in soon so we could do a comparison.

Thank you for welcoming me. Here are the pics to the R&G rear hugger.[ATTACH=CONFIG]254478[/ATTACH]

is that neoprene material protection for rear shock? looks interesting.

Some pictures to share during my Melaka trip.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee124/octane1977/DSCN4308.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee124/octane1977/DSCN4322.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee124/octane1977/DSCN4377.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee124/octane1977/DSCN4368.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee124/octane1977/DSCN4339.jpg

nice sharing. will enquire more this coming weeks. hopefully BS can bring it in soon so we could do a comparison.

is that neoprene material protection for rear shock? looks interesting.

probably the NCS clutch can be fitted with a super4.. will do the comparison next week and try out..

saw a white NCS on the road today.. who could it be..

Bro how much is e shocktube n where u get it from?

You may contact Larry from Personified Motorsports @97978686. Price wise i really cannot put exact but it's ard $5X.XX

Dec 2003 - July 2010

Honda Phantom TA 200

July 2010 - July 2012

Honda Super Four Revo

July 2012 - Current

Honda NC700S ABS