SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Lost my keys to the Givi box

bikerboy

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's a headache...

You'll need a locksmith to pick your lock

Then get him to make new keys for your lock - you have to remove your lockset to let him do this; but once unlocked that's easy enough

All in I should think below $100; you can try the locksmith two shops away from Ah Boy at Kelantan Lane

You would need about an hour or two at most, plus you have to show him proof that you're the bike's owner

Good luck!!

Thanks munchong, that's exactly what I did because I needed the stuff from the boxes. Somehow I feel winsguys' suggestion seem to be a clean solution and maybe cheaper tooo. I had to negotiate a lot with the Locksmith . All in all the total damage was around $100.:(

Not really

I fail to see how you could get your lock replaced if your box is still locked :p

Anyway that seemed to be the only way out

Better stand by an extra box key together with your bike key (in case you dropped the whole set somewhere)

I don't think you could have settled it for less so don't feel so bad about your $100...

Not really

I fail to see how you could get your lock replaced if your box is still locked :p

Better stand by an extra box key together with your bike key (in case you dropped the whole set somewhere)

I don't think you could have settled it for less so don't feel so bad about your $100...

Yes... You can settle it for much lesser than the above amount...

To Tread Starter... Sorry if my input came a tad late...

You could drill out the existing Cam Lock and replace it with a new unit... I would recommend getting a replacement Cam from Mah Motors (Givi Agent) than LAB. As the one from LAB is from KAPPA and the internal Pins & Keys are made of a weaker material compared with the Original Givi. Kappa Replacement Cams & Keys wears out at a much faster rate than Givi...

To Me....

It's not How fast you go... It's how FAR you Travel...:thumb:

It's the Rider! Not the Bike! o_O

Not really

You could drill out the existing Cam Lock and replace it with a new unit... I would recommend getting a replacement Cam from Mah Motors (Givi Agent) than LAB. As the one from LAB is from KAPPA and the internal Pins & Keys are made of a weaker material compared with the Original Givi. Kappa Replacement Cams & Keys wears out at a much faster rate than Givi...

To Me....

It's not How fast you go... It's how FAR you Travel...:thumb:

It's the Rider! Not the Bike! o_O

s

Not really

I had my doubts tooo... how can you replace without the old keys... but I thought professionals had some way to work around that...

Noted with thanks. I hope there'll no chance to try this option. Learnt my lesson and made a spare. Actually I forgot to mention that I duplicated my electronic lock too. Negotiated as a package and got a good deal. The locksmith was a nice guy surely would recommend to other bros who may need it.

Not really

See la. You made him follow your expensive instructions... The first idea that came to my mind was to drill the lock out and get a replacement. Confirm much less that 100 bucks. If pay 100 bucks to locksmith might as well force open the old box and install a new box lol.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

sorry this is another late answer...it would only cost $10 to $20 to duplicate the key. Just go to the locksmith next to Regina.

anyway, i miss wildcard.

just one of his insensate followers...

Just to add, the guy took a look at my GIVI lock set and he proceeded to make a key. I was dumbfounded when I stick the duplicate key into lock and it open up. So never put an expensive helmet/ stuff in yr GIVI box.

anyway, i miss wildcard.

just one of his insensate followers...

Did your lock have a number embossed? Some of the lock-key combinations do.

Why rush? It's the journey, not the destination ... :shades:

Moto Guzzi Breva v1100ie '07

Yamaha Virago XV1100 '92

Honda Pacific Coast '98

Yamaha V-Max '93

BMW K100 '83

Kawasaki GpZ900 Ninja '89

Honda CB 750 FII '97

BMW R100G/S Paris Dakar Classic '95

Honda CB 250 RS '88

Just to add, the guy took a look at my GIVI lock set and he proceeded to make a key. I was dumbfounded when I stick the duplicate key into lock and it open up. So never put an expensive helmet/ stuff in yr GIVI box.

This is totally amazing! ;-) You're right about not leaving good helmets in the Givis... especially when you think you're being watched.

Why rush? It's the journey, not the destination ... :shades:

Moto Guzzi Breva v1100ie '07

Yamaha Virago XV1100 '92

Honda Pacific Coast '98

Yamaha V-Max '93

BMW K100 '83

Kawasaki GpZ900 Ninja '89

Honda CB 750 FII '97

BMW R100G/S Paris Dakar Classic '95

Honda CB 250 RS '88

where exactly is this auntie shop? Does it have a name?

Hoo Hin Trading Co

207 Lavender Street, Singapore 338765

6291 0543

Ride safe.. Never drink and ride...

Honda NSR150RR --> Aug 2009 - Oct 2011

Yamaha YZF R1 '08 --> Oct 2011 - April 2013

Yamaha X1 --> Oct 2012 - Present

Yamaha YZA R1 '11 --> April 2013 - Present

• 9 years later...

Yes.. still open.. see photos attached...

2008951863_Screenshot2022-04-29at2_31_36PM.png

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

• 3 weeks later...