SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Ssdc 2020

E.O.

Hi everyone,

Went for my Prac 1 today (3rd attempt already), currently doing 3rd/4th gear at outer circuit. During last 30min of the lesson the instructor brought us to this spot just beside crank course, where we were told to move off from stop line, signal left and turn left, enter crank course at 2nd gear, exit crank course and stop at stop line again. However he told us not to use front brake. For my previous 2 lessons I was taught to use both front and rear brakes when coming to complete stop, which I was able to stop smoothly so far. Today when asked to use only rear brakes I wasn't very stable before coming to a complete stop. Wobbled a few times and ended up right leg came down.

Any of you guys experienced this before? And also i would appreciate any tips to prevent wobbling in general. very demoralized alrdy bcos was told to repeat Prac 1 again... macam i suddenly forgot how to ride...

Hi everyone,

Went for my Prac 1 today (3rd attempt already), currently doing 3rd/4th gear at outer circuit. During last 30min of the lesson the instructor brought us to this spot just beside crank course, where we were told to move off from stop line, signal left and turn left, enter crank course at 2nd gear, exit crank course and stop at stop line again. However he told us not to use front brake. For my previous 2 lessons I was taught to use both front and rear brakes when coming to complete stop, which I was able to stop smoothly so far. Today when asked to use only rear brakes I wasn't very stable before coming to a complete stop. Wobbled a few times and ended up right leg came down.

Any of you guys experienced this before? And also i would appreciate any tips to prevent wobbling in general. very demoralized alrdy bcos was told to repeat Prac 1 again... macam i suddenly forgot how to ride...

speed for crank cos very slow. when u about to exit crank cos, just clutch in n apply rear brake gradually until it stopped.u can apply rear brake to control your speed throughout the crank cos. tilt slightly more to the left but maintain upright position.

u must get used to the weight too

Hi everyone,

Sometimes different instructors teach differently... having gone through everything , I dun like some of the ways they teach which is confusing and don't reach the objective.

In this case, the instructor is trying to get u to use rear brake cos in the crank course, the speed is slow. However, cos we are used to using both front and rear brakes, I also tend to apply both even in crank course. So his way of teaching I think is not useful I feel.

I remembered one lesson on Level 5 for my Lesson 3 part 1, the instructor , after the E brake portion of the lesson , brought us to the Figure 8 and crank course section. He asked us to Follow him and go through Both courses one after another. After a while , he stopped and watched at one side while we continued to go through both course on our own. At the end , he did not pass any of us. He did not even have the stopwatch to time any one of us at all.

Anyway, do not give up.. u are correct to use both brakes when stopping the bike. Ultimately, it's about "feeling" the bike when you ride and you will have complete mastery over it:)

Btw, about wobbling, u have to open the throttle and release clutch slowly so that the bike moves off slowly. But whenever you have to apply front or rear brakes, the bike will surely wobble a bit. To be very honest, wobbling is quite unavoidable during riding. During the actual test, the testers will use wobbling to give points so that it does not seem you are a perfect rider.

Edited by wishforastar

Hi everyone,

refer to your rider handbook. apply the methods used for fig 8. only different is fig 8 is curve, crank is 90 deg corner. wobble when moving n stopping 2 points. Right leg down IF. only station u can put your right leg down is ebrake.

take full control of the bike not the bike control u. DO NOT OPEN n CLOSE throttle to control the speed. use rear brake gradually to control the speed.

I would like to share the techniques to clear the 5 stations in the SSDC circuit. Allow me to start from the beginning.

Turn on left signal. Check for traffic and move off.

Check right (turn your head right) at the first turn of the circuit shortly after you just move off.

1) Slope

Accelerate slightly to go up the slope. (Remember to check right first)May go to 2nd gear if already on the move.

Brake and stop on the slope. Press on the foot brake so the bike does not roll backwards.

Open the throttle. Release the clutch until the sound of the engine goes down.

Check left and release foot brake. The bike will move up the slope.

Control the clutch by releasing it fully until the bike starts to go down the slope on the other side.

Just before the stop line, brake and clutch in to stop the bike.

Check traffic and open throttle and release clutch to move off by turning right. Remember to check right first before turning. The bike should enter the centre of the lane.

After turning right again and stop at the stop line , switch to left signal and get ready to do Figure 8.

2) Figure 8

Open throttle a bit more and move off hard cos you'll need to lower your speed turning left and entering Figure 8 course. So after moving off , switch to second gear and check left before entering the small lane to go towards the Figure 8.

Switch off the signal.

Try to look far in front and lean your body slightly to follow the bend of the curve. This course is quite similar to Pylon Slalom station. On the second turning part of the Figure 8 course, switch to right signal and remember to check for traffic.

If there is traffic, stop after the yellow line.

If no traffic, remember to check left just before turning left to exit the Figure 8 course.

After exiting Figure 8, if possible go to 3rd gear while proceeding to Crank course.

Before stopping just before the crank course, remember to check left as there is a left turn to the crank course.

3) Crank course

Open throttle a bit more and move off hard cos you'll need to enter the crank course. After moving off, switch to second gear but DO NOT release the clutch yet.

Once you enter the Crank course, SLOWLY release the clutch to engage second gear. If this is done correctly, there should be no loud engine sound.

Change to right signal.

Check for traffic left and right just before exiting.

If there is traffic, stop after the yellow line.

If no traffic, remember to check right before turning right to the major road.

Stop slightly to the left by stopping your bike about the tip of the white arrow pointing left at the T junction, just before stop line.

Check for traffic and remember to check left just before turning left.

Proceed further and change to the right lane before turning right (again, remember to check right first) at the next T junction (after the box junction)

Remember to check right again at the turn of the circuit (2 turns of the circuit) before reaching E brake station.

4) E-brake

Check right before moving off.

Open throttle slightly to let the speed increase naturally.

Change to 3rd gear near the braking area. Just open the throttle a little will do.Do not open the throttle too much.

Keep your eyes looking STRAIGHT in front. Do not look down.

Try to glance downwards to see when the front tyre touches the line, CLOSE the throttle first.

Then quickly apply both front and and rear brakes together.

Remember to clutch in just before the engine dies off.

Apply front brakes while changing back to gear 1.

Check both mirrors and turn on right signal.

Check back and move off.

Upon reaching the stop line, you need to give way to incoming vehicles from the left side.

Check traffic and move off , remember to check right again just before entering the major road.

if possible, change to 3rd gear while going to the last 2 stations.

Just before going to the narrow plank station, remember to turn on left signal and check left (to check for traffic coming out from the waiting area) and then check right (at the turn of the circuit).

4) Narrow Plank

Look straight far ahead.

Turn throttle just slightly.

Release clutch slowly, just enough for the bike to move as this station need very slow speed.

Maintain and the bike should go over the plank over 6 sec.

5) Pylom Slalom

Move off and change to second gear.

Position the bike slightly towards the right to prepare to turn on the first cone.

Aim for the bike to go in the centre between the cones.

After clearing the first cone, quickly look ahead to repeat on the other cones.

Edited by wishforastar

Dun demoralized ....

Last year this period i also started my bike course ...

today i am riding my own scooter ....

Yeah man saw thread.. hope to be able to ride my own bike someday too

speed for crank cos very slow. when u about to exit crank cos, just clutch in n apply rear brake gradually until it stopped.u can apply rear brake to control your speed throughout the crank cos. tilt slightly more to the left but maintain upright position.

u must get used to the weight too

Will take note and try to tilt slightly to the left.. i think i’m still not quite used to the weight yet. Thanks for the tips!

Sometimes different instructors teach differently... having gone through everything , I dun like some of the ways they teach which is confusing and don't reach the objective.

In this case, the instructor is trying to get u to use rear brake cos in the crank course, the speed is slow. However, cos we are used to using both front and rear brakes, I also tend to apply both even in crank course. So his way of teaching I think is not useful I feel.

I remembered one lesson on Level 5 for my Lesson 3 part 1, the instructor , after the E brake portion of the lesson , brought us to the Figure 8 and crank course section. He asked us to Follow him and go through Both courses one after another. After a while , he stopped and watched at one side while we continued to go through both course on our own. At the end , he did not pass any of us. He did not even have the stopwatch to time any one of us at all.

Anyway, do not give up.. u are correct to use both brakes when stopping the bike. Ultimately, it's about "feeling" the bike when you ride and you will have complete mastery over it:)

Btw, about wobbling, u have to open the throttle and release clutch slowly so that the bike moves off slowly. But whenever you have to apply front or rear brakes, the bike will surely wobble a bit. To be very honest, wobbling is quite unavoidable during riding. During the actual test, the testers will use wobbling to give points so that it does not seem you are a perfect rider.

Thanks alot! Wah your summary for the circuit sibeh detailed. Yeah i think that day i was just unlucky to kena that instructor. Instead of pointing out our mistakes properly, he was repeatedly giving sarcastic remarks. I think all 4 students under him had to repeat lesson 1

Thanks alot! Wah your summary for the circuit sibeh detailed. Yeah i think that day i was just unlucky to kena that instructor. Instead of pointing out our mistakes properly, he was repeatedly giving sarcastic remarks. I think all 4 students under him had to repeat lesson 1

anything not sure or in doubt, ask the instructor(any) before lesson starts.

Hi Everyone!

I am currently doing my Class 2A at SSDC now. Anyone doing Class 2A and Class 2 here?

I thought the 2B bikes at SSDC during my time (CBF125) were bad but they have replaced it with the CB190r. Now I am taking my 2A with the CB400f and realise that their conditions are actually worse than the 2B CB125f. Either gearbox not responsible or signal lights are not working well - failed my 2nd lesson as I was distracted by the signal lights not changing when I press the relevant buttons. Anyone has the same experience?

I did my 2A back last year at September-October. The conditions were horrendous, I gave feedback via the form and seemed like they did not rectify it yet. Most of the time, the bikes I chose were ineffective with their gearbox, even the one I took on my TP test! Fortunately, I overcame the probably by revving high and then kicking the gear up. As of signal lights, I have no idea but probably its wear and tear.

2018 - 2019: CBR150R 2012

2019 - Present: Yamaha X1-R

The current batch of CB190R also quite bad i think. For 2 lessons in a row, even after I choosing different bikes for both lessons, both bikes had the same problem: 1) gearbox not responsive when up-shifting, can feel the "click" but the gear didnt really engaged. end up I had to kick upwards sibeh hard until my foot had a bruise for a few days. 2) signal lights not working, had to push left/right sibeh hard then signal lights will turn on.

One guy from my class also had the same problem with his bike. Very pekcek....

Hopefully when comes to TP test the bikes condition wont be like this.. if not can jiak sai alrdy

The current batch of CB190R also quite bad i think. For 2 lessons in a row, even after I choosing different bikes for both lessons, both bikes had the same problem: 1) gearbox not responsive when up-shifting, can feel the "click" but the gear didnt really engaged. end up I had to kick upwards sibeh hard until my foot had a bruise for a few days. 2) signal lights not working, had to push left/right sibeh hard then signal lights will turn on.

Hopefully when comes to TP test the bikes condition wont be like this.. if not can jiak sai alrdy

I find that this 190cc bike is maybe too powerful to handle for class 2B ? For U turn and Figure 8, I could control the speed better with the former 125cc white bike. But I feel it's more difficult with this 190cc bike. Also, I have a similar issue with the signal lights. Because the switch is very flimsy, so sometimes if you flick it too fast (cos need to change signal during Figure 8 and crank course), the signal is not activated. For the former 125cc white bike, the signal switch is harder to flick , so if u flick it fast, the signal is activated. Overall, I prefer the former 125cc white bike, or rather, they should have used a 125cc bike instead of a 190cc bike. I saw the 125cc version of the bike on level 1 in the display box. They should have used that instead for class 2B !

then u have to highlight to the instructors about the problem bikes. but if only a few learners have problems then u need more practise. if not when comes to TP u will be the one losing out. the testers wont gif u chance.

My TP experience in cdc: report 15mins - 30mins early to calm down yourself. oldest learner will go 1st. mayb a group of 10 or more will assign to 1 tester depends on the size of testees. total about 5 testers. u will be given 1 or 2 warm up rounds depends on the instructors in charge of the test. or whether there is enough time for 2nd warm up round. the instructor will brief the learners again the whole test routes n what to take note of before the test start. while waiting for the testers to get ready then good luck. after the test u will wait inside a room. instructors will issue your license if u passed. remember your tester face. if your number tag is being called by your tester then u need more practise.

I find that this 190cc bike is maybe too powerful to handle for class 2B ? For U turn and Figure 8, I could control the speed better with the former 125cc white bike. But I feel it's more difficult with this 190cc bike. Also, I have a similar issue with the signal lights. Because the switch is very flimsy, so sometimes if you flick it too fast (cos need to change signal during Figure 8 and crank cour

se), the signal is not activated. For the former 125cc white bike, the signal switch is harder to flick , so if u flick it fast, the signal is activated. Overall, I prefer the former 125cc white bike, or rather, they should have used a 125cc bike instead of a 190cc bike. I saw the 125cc version of the bike on level 1 in the display box. They should have used that instead for class 2B !

Yea I also find this 190cc too powerful for class 2B learners. Plus quite heavy and the tank quite wide also leh.. Dry-weight already 140kg.. I've seen female learners who didnt manage to chope the MSX125 and had to use this Cb190R, couldnt even pick the bike up after dropping it. everytime mount and dismount the bike I also feel abit unstable (maybe my legs short la hahaha)

then u have to highlight to the instructors about the problem bikes. but if only a few learners have problems then u need more practise. if not when comes to TP u will be the one losing out. the testers wont gif u chance.

My TP experience in cdc: report 15mins - 30mins early to calm down yourself. oldest learner will go 1st. mayb a group of 10 or more will assign to 1 tester depends on the size of testees. total about 5 testers. u will be given 1 or 2 warm up rounds depends on the instructors in charge of the test. or whether there is enough time for 2nd warm up round. the instructor will brief the learners again the whole test routes n what to take note of before the test start. while waiting for the testers to get ready then good luck. after the test u will wait inside a room. instructors will issue your license if u passed. remember your tester face. if your number tag is being called by your tester then u need more practise.

we did highlight to the instructor that day, but he only brushed the both of us off, saying the problem lies in our legs, we dunno the correct technique of upshifting :sian:

Yea I also find this 190cc too powerful for class 2B learners. Plus quite heavy and the tank quite wide also leh.. Dry-weight already 140kg.. I've seen female learners who didnt manage to chope the MSX125 and had to use this Cb190R, couldnt even pick the bike up after dropping it. everytime mount and dismount the bike I also feel abit unstable (maybe my legs short la hahaha)

we did highlight to the instructor that day, but he only brushed the both of us off, saying the problem lies in our legs, we dunno the correct technique of upshifting :sian:

When I first tried this new 190 bike, of course I asked for a change back to the white 125cc bike but he say "no".

About the signal lights, I really wish they could make the switch harder to flick. Whenever I need to signal, I would now have to look down to make sure the signal is activated.

When I first tried this new 190 bike, of course I asked for a change back to the white 125cc bike but he say "no".

About the signal lights, I really wish they could make the switch harder to flick. Whenever I need to signal, I would now have to look down to make sure the signal is activated.

yea same... need to look down also.. for now can only avoid those bikes that I had bad encounter with, or suck thumb and try as much to adapt as possible lor.. anyway bro do you have any more tips for pylon slalom course? went for my prac 2 ytd, slope and plank no problem but my timing for pylon always 6.2sec, 6.3sec. speed to slow but when i tried to throttle abit more, first time i skipped one cone, next i langah cone hahaha. i tried to lean more but perhaps still not enough?

yea same... need to look down also.. for now can only avoid those bikes that I had bad encounter with, or suck thumb and try as much to adapt as possible lor.. anyway bro do you have any more tips for pylon slalom course? went for my prac 2 ytd, slope and plank no problem but my timing for pylon always 6.2sec, 6.3sec. speed to slow but when i tried to throttle abit more, first time i skipped one cone, next i langah cone hahaha. i tried to lean more but perhaps still not enough?

change to gear 2 before u go thru the cones. open throttle a bit, control your speed by apply footbrake gradually. at the last cone just speed up to meet the timing. practice more. come to worse only demerit points if u didnt manage to meet timing. Better then strike cone, IF. u can try to tilt more. dont worry abt falling off from bike. if really fall then let it be. then only u know how much to tilt. anyway it's only practical lesson. only worry when u take evaluation n TP test. when come to cct rev, practise more on your weak station. the rest just briefly go thru.

try to remember where to check your blind spots. it's enough to kill u if u nvr or forget to check your blindspots.

Edited by kokseng_wong

For me, if I aim to go in the middle between two cones, I normally can meet the timing. Try to look further so that you can plan further, once you clear the first two cones, you can go on towards the next two cones.

But ultimately, it's about having a "feel" for the bike. You will achieve this "feel" after riding it for a long time. Don't have to ride continuously but on and off and understanding how to maneuvre the bike successfully. After my last ride, it was a long time before I ride again, and I could get the "feel" better each time.

to become a 2B rider u must be able to handle bikes dat are up to 200CC. if u cannot handle 2B bike, how u want to handle a 2A bike if u think of upgrade 1 year later? 2B license is a long n tedious journey. once u mastered the techniques u are there.

hi guys, i just passed my btt today, anyone know how long does SSDC take to update the result onto their system?

or do i need to request TP result slip or smthg and pass to ssdc? i just followed everyone walk out after the test

i even applied for e-PDL, but SSDC site still showing that i have not passed my btt and PDL, hence cannot book for lesson 5