SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Ssdc 2020

E.O.

hi guys, i just passed my btt today, anyone know how long does SSDC take to update the result onto their system?

or do i need to request TP result slip or smthg and pass to ssdc? i just followed everyone walk out after the test

i even applied for e-PDL, but SSDC site still showing that i have not passed my btt and PDL, hence cannot book for lesson 5

i think it takes about 2 hours for the system to be updated..

hi guys, i just passed my btt today, anyone know how long does SSDC take to update the result onto their system?

or do i need to request TP result slip or smthg and pass to ssdc? i just followed everyone walk out after the test

i even applied for e-PDL, but SSDC site still showing that i have not passed my btt and PDL, hence cannot book for lesson 5

congrats for passing your btt & gd luck to your L5

i think it takes about 2 hours for the system to be updated..

Took longer than that, i able to make further booking this morning, so i guess they update their system somewhere early morning

congrats for passing your btt & gd luck to your L5

Thanks! Gonna clear my rtt asap. I was stuck for a week plus unable to attend L5 because i didnt plan my btt earlier

Hi everyone,

Went for my Prac 1 today (3rd attempt already), currently doing 3rd/4th gear at outer circuit. During last 30min of the lesson the instructor brought us to this spot just beside crank course, where we were told to move off from stop line, signal left and turn left, enter crank course at 2nd gear, exit crank course and stop at stop line again. However he told us not to use front brake. For my previous 2 lessons I was taught to use both front and rear brakes when coming to complete stop, which I was able to stop smoothly so far. Today when asked to use only rear brakes I wasn't very stable before coming to a complete stop. Wobbled a few times and ended up right leg came down.

Any of you guys experienced this before? And also i would appreciate any tips to prevent wobbling in general. very demoralized alrdy bcos was told to repeat Prac 1 again... macam i suddenly forgot how to ride...

If its any consolation (or further discoragement) i repeated lesson 1 8 times. The instructor told me that if your basics are solid then future lessons would be easier. And in a way he is right since i managed to clear 6 and 7 in 1 attempt.

Yea I also find this 190cc too powerful for class 2B learners. Plus quite heavy and the tank quite wide also leh.. Dry-weight already 140kg.. I've seen female learners who didnt manage to chope the MSX125 and had to use this Cb190R, couldnt even pick the bike up after dropping it. everytime mount and dismount the bike I also feel abit unstable (maybe my legs short la hahaha)

we did highlight to the instructor that day, but he only brushed the both of us off, saying the problem lies in our legs, we dunno the correct technique of upshifting :sian:

In a way he is correct. In US and even Taiwan they are allowed to immediately learn on 400cc and above bikes. As for the CB190 once you got used to it problems like stalling, wobbling etc would go away. I am 1.86m 85kg and able to balance so shorter lighter people should have an easier time.

If its any consolation (or further discoragement) i repeated lesson 1 8 times. The instructor told me that if your basics are solid then future lessons would be easier. And in a way he is right since i managed to clear 6 and 7 in 1 attempt.

Yeah thats true.. it took me 4 attempts to clear Lesson 1. 2nd attempt at Lesson 2 today, finally getting more used to the bike, but still failed. biggest problem for me is pylon, somehow cant grasp the technique to navigate between the cones, always end up going too near them.

Yeah thats true.. it took me 4 attempts to clear Lesson 1. 2nd attempt at Lesson 2 today, finally getting more used to the bike, but still failed. biggest problem for me is pylon, somehow cant grasp the technique to navigate between the cones, always end up going too near them.

Target fixation. Look at where you want to go 2-3 cones ahead not at the cone in front of you.

For me i will throttle alot more before entering the first cone, build up the speed and momentum that enough to bring you thru the first 3 cones (yes, the throttle is close so you can focus more on the handling/navigating), at the last cone open throttle again to meet the 6 secs n below.

For me i will throttle alot more before entering the first cone, build up the speed and momentum that enough to bring you thru the first 3 cones (yes, the throttle is close so you can focus more on the handling/navigating), at the last cone open throttle again to meet the 6 secs n below.

There are many ways to do it. I heard some people can go thru all cones without accelerating at all. Personally i would have a more aggressive approach and accelarate, brake and turn then accelerate, brake turn, repeat until clear. After awhile you will get the feel of doing it really fast. When you brake the bike will want to turn easier but you need to accelerate again in order to prevent the bike from stalling or falling down.

This video shows roughly the technique on setting records for pylon slalom:

Edited by kitsura

• 2 weeks later...
There are many ways to do it. I heard some people can go thru all cones without accelerating at all. Personally i would have a more aggressive approach and accelarate, brake and turn then accelerate, brake turn, repeat until clear. After awhile you will get the feel of doing it really fast. When you brake the bike will want to turn easier but you need to accelerate again in order to prevent the bike from stalling or falling down.

This video shows roughly the technique on setting records for pylon slalom:

When you move off, you are required to move off straight. Do not move to the right first.

After you have moved off straight, then you move your bike to the right and accelerate in preparation to do the cones.

Look at all 3 cones as a whole, then aim to go in the middle of every two cones. I look at all the cones and think of them as a whole, so after I clear the first two cones, I would react immediately to clear the next two cones and so on.

For Figure of 8 , I tend to increase speed when I enter the curves but I think I might have overdone it cos it feels a bit hard to control as I continue thru the course. I think I should just maintain the speed naturally. I will try in the next revision lesson.

My other issue now is the U turn on the road. I tend to go wide and almost go out of the lane. Just to remind everyone, u need to control the clutch, throttle, handlebar and also lean your body weight slightly to the right as you are turning. My friend who also rides bikes, advised me to open throttle but not to release so much clutch cos the clutch gives the bike forward acceleration. So the clutch should be released just enough for the bike to move and the throttle can be opened more if needed so that overall just enough movement to make the U turn.

Edited by wishforastar

• 2 weeks later...
When you move off, you are required to move off straight. Do not move to the right first.

After you have moved off straight, then you move your bike to the right and accelerate in preparation to do the cones.

Look at all 3 cones as a whole, then aim to go in the middle of every two cones. I look at all the cones and think of them as a whole, so after I clear the first two cones, I would react immediately to clear the next two cones and so on.

For Figure of 8 , I tend to increase speed when I enter the curves but I think I might have overdone it cos it feels a bit hard to control as I continue thru the course. I think I should just maintain the speed naturally. I will try in the next revision lesson.

My other issue now is the U turn on the road. I tend to go wide and almost go out of the lane. Just to remind everyone, u need to control the clutch, throttle, handlebar and also lean your body weight slightly to the right as you are turning. My friend who also rides bikes, advised me to open throttle but not to release so much clutch cos the clutch gives the bike forward acceleration. So the clutch should be released just enough for the bike to move and the throttle can be opened more if needed so that overall just enough movement to make the U turn.

The instructors always advise to accelerate during straights only. Like accelerate immediate after turning the first left and after clearing the top half of the 8 accelerate again before clearing the bottom half. Just go youtube look for the safety competition videos they can do it very fast.

For u-turn only advice is to practise more, and if you are going too slow try to lean out instead or lean with, it would help. Also turn your head and chin toward the direction you want to go. Basically everything this article says:

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/new-rider/how-to-motorbike-u-turn-easy/

Went for the revision lesson. For Figure 8, I will slow down naturally after making the left turn and control the throttle when entering the curves... then once the speed is fixed, maintain the speed throughout. I think I just managed to make the timing.

For U turn, I still have issue.. still turning wide, I will try to release the clutch less...

Need another lesson or two to practise..

Went for the revision lesson. For Figure 8, I will slow down naturally after making the left turn and control the throttle when entering the curves... then once the speed is fixed, maintain the speed throughout. I think I just managed to make the timing.

For U turn, I still have issue.. still turning wide, I will try to release the clutch less...

For U-turn, you can practise efficiently at the Exit of the Pylon Slalom course then head back towards the Plank course entrance, and U-turn Back in again.

Doing so, you practise Plank, Pylon Slalom and 2x Uturns at once go.

I must have done it at least a hundred times already when I was clearing my 2B.

My Ride History:

[KTM Duke 200] - 2017/06 - 2018/06

[Piaggio MP3 125] - 2017/12 - 2018/07

[Suzuki DRZ 400 SM] - 2018/07 - 2019/04

[Suzuki Boulevard 400] - 2018/07 - 2019/06

[Honda CB400X] - 2018/10 - 2020/10

[KTM Duke 390] - 2019/07 - 2020/09

[Aprilia Caponord 1200] - 2020/10 - 2021/10

[Vespa 300 GTS] - 2021/06 -

[Honda NC750X DCT ABS] - 2022/05 -

If speed too fast just step on foot brake to slow down then your turning radius will reduce.

• 2 weeks later...

After going for some more practice, I was right about maintaining a natural speed to go through the Figure 8. The timing is ok . As for U-turn, I can't do it very smoothly maybe cos I moved off a bit too fast, I kind of stopped a bit by controlling the throttle / clutch and thereby adjusting halfway through the turn, so in the end I was still able to complete the U turn and enter the center of the lane.

Start faster use footbrake better than too slow and stall or footed or drop bike. Some people can immediately change 2nd gear do u-turn just observe.

I was referring more to U turn on first gear half clutch.

I tried tapping on foot brake if speed too fast but think does not really work for me maybe...I think I closed the clutch slightly to slow down the bike halfway (if too fast) thru the turn before I complete the turn.

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2020 at 12:59 PM, snsd555 said:

Good luck. The test dates are all pushed back quite abit i think due to the clearing of backlog during Circuit Breaker.

Are you looking to upgrade from your Aerox?

Maybe to Xmax also....

but now auto...go take class 2A will be problem...

20 minutes ago, wishforastar said:

I finally passed and got my 2B licence !

congrats man!

would like to say thank you to everyone's tips. finally managed to clear lesson 3.2, went for 2 RCs and getting ready for circuit assesment. anyone did simulator recently? how is it like?

On 8/23/2020 at 4:40 PM, wishforastar said:

The below is actually a post I put previously but I would like to make some edits because I cannot edit the previous post already (cos too long ago). After passing and getting the 2B licence after a few tries, I would like to share the techniques to clear the 5 courses in the SSDC circuit. Allow me to start from the beginning.

Turn on left signal. Check for traffic and check back and move off.

Check right (turn your head right) at the first turn of the circuit shortly after you just move off. Switch off signal change to 2nd gear and then on right signal to prepare to go slope.

1) Slope

U can actually go at normal speed (1st or 2nd gear if already on the move) to go up the slope. (Remember to check right first). If you have difficulty not able to properly go up while halfway up the slope, you can throttle up a slight bit (but I do not think this will happen as there should be enough power)  I have previously stated to accelerate just before turning right to go up the slope but this might cause wide turning.

Clutch in and brake and stop on the slope. Press on the foot brake so the bike does not roll backwards.

Open the throttle. Release the clutch until the sound of the engine goes down.

Maintain and hold the throttle and clutch. Check inwards and release foot brake.  Continue to maintain and hold the throttle and clutch. The bike will move up the slope. 

When the bike is about to go downslope on the other side, slowly release the clutch fully when the bike starts to go down the slope.

Just before the stop line, brake and clutch in to stop the bike.

Check traffic and check back and open throttle and release clutch to move off. Maintain and hold the throttle and clutch when it starts to move. When the bike goes halfway into the first lane, remember to check right first before turning.  Aim to move the bike to enter the centre / middle of the next lane. Remember to maintain and hold the throttle and clutch. There is no need to throttle more / release more clutch.

Continue to maintain and hold the throttle and clutch while moving from just now, after check right, turn right again and stop at the stop line , switch to left signal and get ready to do Figure 8.

2) Figure 8

Tip Check for incoming traffic by looking in front for any traffic first. This is to know if you need to stop at the exit at the end of the Figure 8. 

Open throttle a bit more and move off hard cos you'll need to lower your speed turning left and entering the small lane leading to the Figure 8 course. You are not supposed to press brake when turning. So after moving off , switch to second gear and check left before entering the small lane to go towards the Figure 8.

Once your bike is fully inside the small lane, switch off the signal.

Control the throttle as you are just about to enter the Figure 8 as you need to make a quite sharp turn just before you enter. Once you are in the Figure 8 , steady the bike first, then control the speed and maintain it throughout. For me, I would look a few metres in front on the ground. Just before entering the second half of the Figure 8 course, switch to right signal and remember to check for traffic first by looking up (move your head) near the end.

If there is traffic, stop after the dotted yellow line.

If no traffic, remember to check left after entering the short lane just before exiting the Figure 8 course.

After exiting Figure 8,  switch off signal and remember to go to 3rd gear while proceeding to Crank course.

Remember to check left first as there is a sharp left turn just before the crank course. Remember to slow down so that you can make the sharp turn well to stop before the dotted yellow line, and try to stop at the top right corner if possible. This is so that you have enough room to make the left turn comfortably when you enter the crank course.

3) Crank course

Open throttle a bit more and move off, press the clutch and kick to second gear but DO NOT release the clutch yet.

Once you enter the Crank course and steady the bike, SLOWLY release the clutch to engage second gear. If this is done correctly, there should be no loud engine sound and the bike will not stall.

Then, change to right signal. If you have done everything correctly til this point, you should be in the middle of the crank course.

Look up and check for traffic on the road in front, then as you turn the bike to the last part of the course, check for traffic on the left. Then turn your head to check for traffic on the right  just  before exiting.

If there is traffic, stop after the dotted yellow line.

If no traffic, remember to check right when your bike enters halfway in the first lane before turning right to the major road. You may want to throttle a bit when the bike is just exiting the course (if you are afraid the bike is too slow and stall) but you must be careful not to throttle too much or else you may be penalized.

Stop slightly to the left by stopping your bike about the tip of the white arrow pointing left at the T junction, just before stop line.

Check for traffic and remember to check left just before turning left. As you approach the box junction, remember to check traffic left and right (turn your head) 

Proceed further and change to the right lane before turning right (again, remember to check right first). 

Remember to check right again at the turn of the circuit (there are altogether 4 turns of the circuit) before reaching E brake course. 

4) E-brake

Check right before moving off.

Change to second gear early. Open throttle slightly to let the speed increase naturally. Glance (don't move your head down) at the lights and make sure the green colour light lights up. This green colour light lights up when the speed is about 30 km/h. 

Then, change to 3rd gear and maintain the throttle. Do not open the throttle too much. The speed should be around 31 to max 35km/h.

Look at the yellow line in front and do the E brake when the tyre touches the line.

Try to glance downwards to see when the front tyre touches the line, then your eyes should quickly look in front , CLOSE the throttle first and quickly apply both front and and rear brakes together and remember to straighten your arms at the same time. (or you will be penalized)

Remember to clutch in just before the engine stalls. Remember your eyes should look in front, not down.

Apply front brakes while changing back to gear 1.

Check both mirrors and turn on right signal.

Check back and move off.

Upon reaching the stop line, you need to give way to incoming vehicles from the left side.

Check traffic, check back and move off , remember to check right again just before entering the major road.

You should change to 3rd gear while proceeding to the narrow plank course.

Just before entering the narrow plank course, remember to turn on left signal and check left (to check for traffic coming out from the waiting area) and then check right (at the turn of the circuit).

Switch off signal once you enter the narrow plank area.

4) Narrow Plank

There are a few different techniques to do this course. For me, I use the more commonly used "half-clutch" technique.

Look straight far ahead maybe 500 m away.  For me , I would look at a tree that is very far away.

Turn throttle just slightly.

Release clutch slowly, just enough for the bike to move as this course need very slow speed. Maintain the throttle and clutch.

Once you move off, grip the tank with both legs. This is very important so that you can achieve a good balance on the plank.

Once you go up onto the plank, the bike will take a short while to lose speed and slow down. Then, I would steady the bike and start to balance. When I feel the bike is going to lose balance, I would quickly throttle a bit. I will repeat this until the end. Let the front wheel of the bike touch the ground at the end of the plank before you clutch in, because as you may know, whenever you clutch in, the bike will move forward fast. So in this way, you can still put in some bit of time even at the end. Not to worry, there is enough distance after the plank for you to clutch in and stop before the stop line. 

5) Pylon Slalom

Remember to move off straight first , accelerate, change to second gear and position the bike towards the right edge when approaching the yellow line beside the first cone so that you have enough room to go pass between the two cones.

Aim for the bike to go in the centre between each pair of cones.

For me, I would look at all the 3 cones as a whole unit.

So once I have cleared the first pair of cones, I would naturally quickly look ahead to repeat the same action on the other pairs of cones.

After you have cleared the pylon course, remember to signal right and check your mirror for oncoming traffic on the right side. 

If no traffic, check right just before going onto the major road.

If got traffic, stop just before the dotted white lines. 

Once you go onto the major road, switch off signal and check right (at the turn of the circuit) and then check right again at the next turn of the circuit, before going back to the waiting area. Remember to go to gear 1 and half-clutch as you go over the hump just as you enter the waiting area. And also look out for pedestrians at the zebra crossing inside the waiting area.

Good luck !

Edited by wishforastar
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, wishforastar said:

I finally passed and got my 2B licence !

I took the TP a few times already and was quite demoralized already .... and this time when I finished the circuit section I felt I did some big mistakes and was going to not make it again.. but in the end, i made it haha. I remembered reading one post in this forum someone tried many times also and got the licence so that gave me some motivation to press on...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wishforastar said:

I took the TP a few times already and was quite demoralized already .... and this time when I finished the circuit section I felt I did some big mistakes and was going to not make it again.. but in the end, i made it haha. I remembered reading one post in this forum someone tried many times also and got the licence so that gave me some motivation to press on...

1 yr later class 2A