SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Hello , 
Just wanted to check if there is any Zontes V310 owners here?
Just gotten a Zontes V310 and the bike is very hot. Rode for 20mins and the heat indicator is at 5bars.
Is it normal or is something wrong? i bough it back to the workshop and the person told me it's normal.

Thanks in adv!

congrats on your zontes @Kazu. u bought brand new or used? class 2a bike shouldn't run too hot, further more.. the V310 is liquid cooled so unlike older air cooled bikes.. they don't have overheating problem in traffic.

your feeling hot is during traffic light or during riding? your bike still under warranty? the workshop u went back to is choong kok agency?

if they confirmed no leaks.. then maybe you can try changing to a better coolant to disapate the heat better. i have used engine ice in the past and have good results.. u can get from unique motorsports. engine ice last about 30k km between changes so it's a cheap investment for a peace of mind

See the source image

btw your engine temp heat indicator 5 bar, but total how many bars? can you post a picture here so we can see if it's normal?

good luck!!

On 1/26/2021 at 10:50 PM, Xmaxer said:

congrats on your zontes @Kazu. u bought brand new or used? class 2a bike shouldn't run too hot, further more.. the V310 is liquid cooled so unlike older air cooled bikes.. they don't have overheating problem in traffic.

your feeling hot is during traffic light or during riding? your bike still under warranty? the workshop u went back to is choong kok agency?

if they confirmed no leaks.. then maybe you can try changing to a better coolant to disapate the heat better. i have used engine ice in the past and have good results.. u can get from unique motorsports. engine ice last about 30k km between changes so it's a cheap investment for a peace of mind

See the source image

btw your engine temp heat indicator 5 bar, but total how many bars? can you post a picture here so we can see if it's normal?

good luck!!

Hello @Maxer , I just collected my bike last week and it might be me not being used to a higher cc bike. WIll try the coolant you intro. 
The bike was a bar away from red but it was when i was at the carpark , found out that when i moved the engine cooled down quite abit. 

haha sorry damn newbie at biking.

11 hours ago, Kazu said:

Hello @Maxer , I just collected my bike last week and it might be me not being used to a higher cc bike. WIll try the coolant you intro. 
The bike was a bar away from red but it was when i was at the carpark , found out that when i moved the engine cooled down quite abit. 

haha sorry damn newbie at biking.

@Kazu that doesn't sound normal bro... modern bikes... the coolant system that cools down the bike.. there is a thermostat that opens a valve to flow the coolant into the radiator when the temp rises.. also.. when the temp is up to a certain temp OR when your bike is at a stop.. the radiator fan is suppose to turn to cool down the radiator..

it sounds like either your thermostat is stuck close OR your radiator fan is not turning..

that's why modern bikes... the temp gauge is usually very stable.. it's not suppose to rise when you are at a standstill.. those conditions sound more like older air-cooled engines...

try taking a look when you are at a traffic light.. whether your radiator fan kicks on or not...

or maybe the zontes v310 doesn't have a radiator fan?

13 hours ago, Xmaxer said:

@Kazu that doesn't sound normal bro... modern bikes... the coolant system that cools down the bike.. there is a thermostat that opens a valve to flow the coolant into the radiator when the temp rises.. also.. when the temp is up to a certain temp OR when your bike is at a stop.. the radiator fan is suppose to turn to cool down the radiator..

it sounds like either your thermostat is stuck close OR your radiator fan is not turning..

that's why modern bikes... the temp gauge is usually very stable.. it's not suppose to rise when you are at a standstill.. those conditions sound more like older air-cooled engines...

try taking a look when you are at a traffic light.. whether your radiator fan kicks on or not...

or maybe the zontes v310 doesn't have a radiator fan?

Hello , My radiator fan does kick in but the engine is still fairly hot.
Think the Zontes V310 has a very big design flaw , on the left side gear area there is an exhaust pipe which really feels damn hot till the point i have to move my leg away.
Starting to regret my decision on getting the V310. 

• 2 months later...

@Xmaxer Hey man long time no update.
Did a coolant flush and using Engine Ice currently , does cool down it quite abit.
Now the heat isn't that bad unless its a hot day and lots of traffic.
Thanks man!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kazu said:

Did a coolant flush and using Engine Ice currently , does cool down it quite abit.
Thanks man!

Great to hear that.. I almost gotten this bike as well.. but I heard of the cooling issues.. Engine ice is good but because it's abit thin, temp tend to go higher then the normal ones.. That's my research back then comparing to maxima and normal ones.. Normal green ones, go up slower but go down slower also.. Engine ice, go up faster but go down fast as well.. 

Maxima was my choice in-between them.. haha

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

• Administrators
On 4/20/2021 at 5:56 PM, Kazu said:

Thanks man!

@Kazu How much is Engine Ice now per litre? Does the bike still overheat?

On 4/26/2021 at 10:20 PM, SBF said:

actually, i just change to engine ice cuz my mech say engine ice has improved.. pricing was $35 to me.. :) 

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

• 8 months later...
On 4/26/2021 at 10:20 PM, SBF said:

@SBF Hey sorry long time never see this thread already. 
you should be able to get it below $40 for a bottle , bike is nice and warm now no heating issues (Luckily)

• Like 1