SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

short & want a license

41 minutes ago, kokseng_wong said:

can enrol class 2 next month liao. haha. my licence will be full if i take class 2

hahaha.. I'm not taking Class2 liaoz.. I just change my driver license already.. haha.. 

2A will be sufficient for Singapore usage.. nowadays 2B abit "slow" compared to 2 strokes.. LOL..

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

1 minute ago, adesmond2 said:

hahaha.. I'm not taking Class2 liaoz.. I just change my driver license already.. haha.. 

2A will be sufficient for Singapore usage.. nowadays 2B abit "slow" compared to 2 strokes.. LOL..

if i take class 2 i may not be buying the bike. nw the petrol prices increased. plus cost of maintenance will be increased. the only thing dat is common is the COE. 2 stroke bikes also phasing out. if there is 2 strokes probably is renewed coe. nw all 4 strokes. 

10 minutes ago, kokseng_wong said:

if i take class 2 i may not be buying the bike. nw the petrol prices increased. plus cost of maintenance will be increased. the only thing dat is common is the COE. 2 stroke bikes also phasing out. if there is 2 strokes probably is renewed coe. nw all 4 strokes. 

yeah lor.. I check the price for 2B electric bike. 18k excluding COE and insurance.. not worth sia.. plus no place to charge (unless you stay landed)

2 stroke bikes all have an expiry date on them already.. Some of my friends was asking if they could pay COE, Layup then change to classic bike after 25 years.. LOL..  that's how much we love our 2 strokes.. haha..

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

4 hours ago, kokseng_wong said:

just don forget to check your blindspots.

slow down when approaching zebra crossing or pesdestrian crossing

slow down when approaching traffic light junction. even if it is in your favour.

caution abt your vehicle & road limit. 

good to note down cos u may need it for your 2A 1 year later. 

getting 2B is a tedious journey. u may not think of 2A shortly after 2B. But after some time, your frens may persuade u to also get 2A. 

i got my 2A 1 yr ago. 13 yrs after my 2B. i thought of signing up for refresher cos but upgraded instead. i noted down what i asked the instructors. i still keeping the notes.

Gdluck to your TP. All the best.

thank you for the reminders! when i rode on public road for the first time the other day, all my blindspots fly especially when i did uturns. guess it's different in action even when i reminded myself about it throughout the day. LOL

6 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

ahhhh.. okok.. maybe can tell the instructors when you get on the bike and while trying to reach the biting point, you can't, they should be able to close one eye and help you adjust. I remember one of us tried to adjust but the instructor say, you should get used to diff biting points, so lucky for me and I managed to get use thru.

dun worry, can one la! Just be careful when you are really on the road.. Singapore drivers mostly no mercy one.. Just ride defensively.. :)

yup! one of them helped me to adjust before, just a very slight difference only

hopefully i maintain all my good habits once im on the road by myself. whee!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coldbrew said:

thank you for the reminders! when i rode on public road for the first time the other day, all my blindspots fly especially when i did uturns. guess it's different in action even when i reminded myself about it throughout the day. LOL

no worries. mayb u are still not used to it. so u must turn the practical into a habit until your TP & even after u got your licence & ride by yourself. Different feeling when u have instructors n all by yourself. Important is know when & where to check your blindspots. Failing to check blindspots 4DPs. Improper checking of blindspots 2DPs. try to perform well in the circuit, save the DPs when u are out on the public road. Minimise your anxieties. Treat the internal assessment as your TP. Instructors mayb lenient on your internal assessment but not the TP.

On 2/18/2021 at 5:10 PM, kokseng_wong said:

no worries. mayb u are still not used to it. so u must turn the practical into a habit until your TP & even after u got your licence & ride by yourself. Different feeling when u have instructors n all by yourself. Important is know when & where to check your blindspots. Failing to check blindspots 4DPs. Improper checking of blindspots 2DPs. try to perform well in the circuit, save the DPs when u are out on the public road. Minimise your anxieties. Treat the internal assessment as your TP. Instructors mayb lenient on your internal assessment but not the TP.

Totally agreed.... Not checking blind spots on the road is life and death....not about points anymore....

55 minutes ago, Pisces44 said:

Totally agreed.... Not checking blind spots on the road is life and death....not about points anymore....

what i mean is when taking test. Who cares abt DP when u got your licence. haha.. But u still need to check blindspots when changing lanes. no more instructors by your side when u are a qualified rider. u are your own instructor.

On 2/18/2021 at 3:14 PM, coldbrew said:

Do you have friends who ride as well? If yes, it's best to meet up a few times after you gotten your 2B, learn from their mistakes and experience. 

If no, time to make some friends from SBF (Singapore Bike Forum).. :) 

5 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

Do you have friends who ride as well? If yes, it's best to meet up a few times after you gotten your 2B, learn from their mistakes and experience. 

Edited by kokseng_wong

5 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

Edited by kokseng_wong

On 2/18/2021 at 3:14 PM, coldbrew said:

no worries. just apply what u learn. know your traffic rules. u can do it. 

12 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

ive got a few friends! my brother rides as well. but would def like to make more friends who ride ! i want to pillion around more often LOL

40 minutes ago, coldbrew said:

thank you for the encouragement. it really helps learners like me a lot more than you would think! 

riding bike is not as difficult as u think it would be. they just want to see whether u can handle the machine or not, your knowledge of the safety aspects, traffic rules & lane discipline. fyi, when i took 2A, 13years after my 2B, i still referred to the handbook even i rode for so many years.

tips: if 1 direction arrowhead, 2 rows of bikes. if 2 directions arrowhead, 1 row of bike

there should be a map of the circuit in the training shed, u can try to take pic of that map if possible or write down on the map that will be given to u of where to check blindspots. or u google the map should be able to find the map that indicates the test route & where to check blindspots in the circuit. it will help u a lot.

On 2/20/2021 at 6:41 PM, coldbrew said:

ive got a few friends! my brother rides as well. but would def like to make more friends who ride ! i want to pillion around more often LOL

Great to know your brother ride as well! You can get him to pillon you around.. haha..

I believe there's a ladies rider group somewhere, you can join them as well but i believe you might need to own a motorcycle first before able to join in.

On 2/20/2021 at 8:57 PM, kokseng_wong said:

riding bike is not as difficult as u think it would be. they just want to see whether u can handle the machine or not, your knowledge of the safety aspects, traffic rules & lane discipline. fyi, when i took 2A, 13years after my 2B, i still referred to the handbook even i rode for so many years.

tips: if 1 direction arrowhead, 2 rows of bikes. if 2 directions arrowhead, 1 row of bike

there should be a map of the circuit in the training shed, u can try to take pic of that map if possible or write down on the map that will be given to u of where to check blindspots. or u google the map should be able to find the map that indicates the test route & where to check blindspots in the circuit. it will help u a lot.

👍

On 2/18/2021 at 3:12 PM, coldbrew said:

actually u know how to ride already. u just need that little bit more confident. Judgement & riding skills are accumulated over long periods of time. 

for fig 8, throttle a bit then try to maintain the speed tap the footbrake to control the speed. grip the fuel tank as tight as possible. tilt your bike a bit. look into the direction u going.

for plank, throttle a bit to get the bike on the plank, then apply the same principle as fig 8. but no need to tilt. look far. DO NOT LOCK your arm so that u can control the handle bar left n right. grip tank tightly. count in yourself the timing if u can.