SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

short & want a license

hi!! 

so basically im 150cm short and fat (idk if that plays a part) and i rlly want to learn how to ride a bike 😭

ive been bugging my mom just to get a license but everyone is generally worried about how i wont be able to even get onto the bike. 

ive heard about how there are shorter bikes available at the centres but im still worried that i still wont be able to get on 😞

should i still try?? im a very very shy person and reading the stories of people falling off the bike n shit rlly discourages me bc i easily get paiseh

side note : i can ride a bicycle so mayb idk i can balance better? does that even help??

Edited by helpmeimshort

4 hours ago, helpmeimshort said:

hi!! 

so basically im 150cm short and fat (idk if that plays a part) and i rlly want to learn how to ride a bike 😭

ive been bugging my mom just to get a license but everyone is generally worried about how i wont be able to even get onto the bike. 

ive heard about how there are shorter bikes available at the centres but im still worried that i still wont be able to get on 😞

should i still try?? im a very very shy person and reading the stories of people falling off the bike n shit rlly discourages me bc i easily get paiseh

side note : i can ride a bicycle

y not u just find out what bike bbdc is using for 2b learner then u see if u have any frens who ride bike, just sit on the bike n try. u might have to tip toe. if u are are paiseh type, my advise is not recomended for u to take motorbike lic. cos u may tend to fall during the practical lesson. motorbike n bicycle are not the same. motorbike are heavy. u may not haf the energy to lift up the bike if u fall. u may repeat the same lesson for many times until u feel like give up. u have to release the bike from main stand n put back on main stand again. this requires technique and a bit of strength.

1 minute ago, kokseng_wong said:

y not u just find out what bike bbdc is using for 2b learner then u see if u have any frens who ride bike, just sit on the bike n try. u might have to tip toe. if u are are paiseh type, my advise is not recomended for u to take motorbike lic. cos u may tend to fall during the practical lesson. motorbike n bicycle are not the same. motorbike are heavy. u may not haf the energy to lift up the bike if u fall. u may repeat the same lesson for many times until u feel like give up. u have to release the bike from main stand n put back on main stand again. this requires technique and a bit of strength. falling off from bike is normal during practical lesson. guys also fall off from bike. 

On 1/31/2021 at 6:34 PM, helpmeimshort said:

hi!! 

side note : i can ride a bicycle so mayb idk i can balance better? does that even help??

hi @helpmeimshort.. very cute nickname.. i love it..

yes i would encourage u to go for it... learning how to ride a bike is a good skill whether u intend to ride in future or not.. there is no height too short so not to worry about it.. i've seen girls 150cm that learning to ride bike in learning centre.. and heard of some people 140+ also riding bike.. when you pass.. u can try and get a honda grom or msx125 which we smaller bikes if you are worried about height..

bbdc has the smaller bikes.. but you must go early to reserve.. if you are serious about learning.. u have to dedicate yourself for the next 4-12 months to go for lessons and pass your 2b eventually..

falling is part and parcel so nothing to be paiseh about.. others are also learning and falling is nothing to be shameful about.. people will respect you for your perserverence!

yes can ride bicycle will help with the balancing... i hope you decide to go ahead but pls ride safe!! 

hi!! 

im learning at ssdc now, and they have smaller bikes (honda msx125) and their regular bikes, honda cb190r (bbdc also uses these). im 160cm and i can get on the cb190r without much issue as long as i wear pants that can stretch. i have to tiptoe when i sit on the bike though, but we usually just put only one leg down anyway !!

falling is part of the process. dropped the bike many times during first lesson, and now halfway through also sometimes will drop at circuit haha. in fact i even recommend dropping it so that you become less scared of dropping it in the future. people have gotten off their bike to help me pick the bike back up before so dont worry . everyone is there to learn and get better so dont feel ashamed at all! 

riding a bicycle could help? i can ride one also but i feel like a motorbike is easier once u get the hang of it tbh lol

hi!! 

No need shy .... i uncle then learn motorcycle....also fall off bike many times ....

21 hours ago, coldbrew said:

im learning at ssdc now, and they have smaller bikes (honda msx125) and their regular bikes, honda cb190r (bbdc also uses these). im 160cm and i can get on the cb190r without much issue as long as i wear pants that can stretch. i have to tiptoe when i sit on the bike though, but we usually just put only one leg down anyway !!

falling is part of the process. dropped the bike many times during first lesson, and now halfway through also sometimes will drop at circuit haha. in fact i even recommend dropping it so that you become less scared of dropping it in the future. people have gotten off their bike to help me pick the bike back up before so dont worry . everyone is there to learn and get better so dont feel ashamed at all! 

riding a bicycle could help? i can ride one also but i feel like a motorbike is easier once u get the hang of it tbh lol

if u enrol both of u can learn together. but it's individual capabilty to pass each lesson.

On 2/3/2021 at 6:04 PM, coldbrew said:

super excited haha. just that ssdc waiting time super sian

do more revisions to kill the waiting time hahaa... I remember i went almost everyday just before the test date just to get me to be very familiar with more bikes before the test. have a few numbers you're familiar with so the clutch, throttle and engine doesn't throw u off on the actual test. Good luck!!

3 hours ago, Siphon said:

do more revisions to kill the waiting time hahaa... I remember i went almost everyday just before the test date just to get me to be very familiar with more bikes before the test. have a few numbers you're familiar with so the clutch, throttle and engine doesn't throw u off on the actual test. Good luck!!

not necessary to do so many revisions. just 1 or 2 closest to your TP. Brush up on weak station. e.g. plank, slalom .  just take note of when n where to check blind spots. anyhow check also will kena DP. But as long pass. i brought along a piece of paper n pen. so that after each lesson i note down things to take note. Prove to them u can handle the bike n your safety checks. U are there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Siphon said:

yup thats what i do haha i try to use a bike i've never used before during revisions, then i type down some notes about the biting point etc.. will definitely go for a few more revisions and ask instructors questions. thank you!

2 hours ago, coldbrew said:

yup thats what i do haha i try to use a bike i've never used before during revisions, then i type down some notes about the biting point etc.. will definitely go for a few more revisions and ask instructors questions. thank you!

once u cleared the circuit the public road will be much easier. DP are mostly reserved for cct obstacles course

• Administrators
On 2/11/2021 at 1:46 PM, coldbrew said:

@coldbrew How's the lesson availability for SSDC now?

On 2/12/2021 at 10:46 PM, SBF said:

@coldbrew How's the lesson availability for SSDC now?

depends on the lesson i feel. like lessons 2 and 3.1 (the 6 courses) are very difficult to get slots within the same week. my waiting time between each lesson was around 2 weeks on average

but for L4 (circuit assessment), i was able to book twice in a week

road lessons i think quite jialat also, around 2 weeks waiting time, unless u camp la haha

theres an abundance of CR though. if u cant get one this week, the next week sure have

8 hours ago, coldbrew said:

depends on the lesson i feel. like lessons 2 and 3.1 (the 6 courses) are very difficult to get slots within the same week. my waiting time between each lesson was around 2 weeks on average

but for L4 (circuit assessment), i was able to book twice in a week

road lessons i think quite jialat also, around 2 weeks waiting time, unless u camp la haha

theres an abundance of CR though. if u cant get one this week, the next week sure have

how many learners are allowed per lesson?

On 2/14/2021 at 10:15 AM, kokseng_wong said:

how many learners are allowed per lesson?

just saw this sorry

had my first road lesson, they had 5 riders + 2 instructors.

for circuit lessons i think up to 8, depends on the lesson. Average around 5 or 6 learners from what I remember though.

just saw this sorry

had my first road lesson, they had 5 riders + 2 instructors.

for circuit lessons i think up to 8, depends on the lesson. Average around 5 or 6 learners from what I remember though.

no worries. just remember the route. it's the test route. remember what to do if u are the 1st bike & 2nd bike. subsequent bikes will do the same as 2nd bike. Approach the instructors if u have doubt. Road lesson is not difficult. Last lesson is internal test (comprising of circuit & road). it will determine whether u are ready to book your TP test. 18 or less demerits & no IF to pass. Jia You. No need to hurry. Enjoy the process. 

Edited by kokseng_wong
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 1:46 PM, coldbrew said:

try to familiarise and get used to diff bikes with diff biting points. no need to note down ba.. cuz during TP or your assessments, you will also do warm ups.

12 hours ago, kokseng_wong said:

no worries. just remember the route. it's the test route. remember what to do if u are the 1st bike & 2nd bike. subsequent bikes will do the same as 2nd bike. Approach the instructors if u have doubt. Road lesson is not difficult. Last lesson is internal test (comprising of circuit & road). it will determine whether u are ready to book your TP test. 18 or less demerits & no IF to pass. Jia You. No need to hurry. Enjoy the process. 

yeah!! Definitely need to remember your own route, never ever follow the one infront.

During my TP, rider 1 went blank and ride pass all obstacles and go back to end point. We all stunned cuz the rider is out only less than 3 minutes and the biker and the bike is back to starting point. 

A good thing, rider 2 did not follow and continued with the test.

Had a few chats during lung exercise. 

1 rider suddenly cut lane during slope (because the rider go off when he arrived) (pass) *but maybe ang mo.

1 rider turn in to entrance instead of exit (pass)

Me - during e-brake, put right foot down instead of left foot down.. LOLOLOL (pass)

I guess luck plays a very important factor.. LOL..

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

1 hour ago, adesmond2 said:

try to familiarise and get used to diff bikes with diff biting points. no need to note down ba.. cuz during TP or your assessments, you will also do warm ups.

yeah!! Definitely need to remember your own route, never ever follow the one infront.

i note down coz my hands are short, so most of the biting points on the bikes are a reach for me.. :classic_sad:

1 hour ago, adesmond2 said:

1 rider suddenly cut lane during slope (because the rider go off when he arrived) (pass) *but maybe ang mo.

1 rider turn in to entrance instead of exit (pass)

Me - during e-brake, put right foot down instead of left foot down.. LOLOLOL (pass)

I guess luck plays a very important factor.. LOL..

wah hopefully i get lucky on my tp test too should i make any obvious mistakes LOL. thank you for your kind words!

10 minutes ago, coldbrew said:

i note down coz my hands are short, so most of the biting points on the bikes are a reach for me.. :classic_sad:

wah hopefully i get lucky on my tp test too should i make any obvious mistakes LOL. thank you for your kind words!

ahhhh.. okok.. maybe can tell the instructors when you get on the bike and while trying to reach the biting point, you can't, they should be able to close one eye and help you adjust. I remember one of us tried to adjust but the instructor say, you should get used to diff biting points, so lucky for me and I managed to get use thru.

dun worry, can one la! Just be careful when you are really on the road.. Singapore drivers mostly no mercy one.. Just ride defensively.. :)

• Like 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

1 hour ago, coldbrew said:

just don forget to check your blindspots.

slow down when approaching zebra crossing or pesdestrian crossing

slow down when approaching traffic light junction. even if it is in your favour.

caution abt your vehicle & road limit. 

good to note down cos u may need it for your 2A 1 year later. 

getting 2B is a tedious journey. u may not think of 2A shortly after 2B. But after some time, your frens may persuade u to also get 2A. 

i got my 2A 1 yr ago. 13 yrs after my 2B. i thought of signing up for refresher cos but upgraded instead. i noted down what i asked the instructors. i still keeping the notes.

Gdluck to your TP. All the best.

1 hour ago, kokseng_wong said:

just don forget to check your blindspots.

slow down when approaching zebra crossing or pesdestrian crossing

slow down when approaching traffic light junction. even if it is in your favour.

caution abt your vehicle & road limit. 

good to note down cos u may need it for your 2A 1 year later. 

getting 2B is a tedious journey. u may not think of 2A shortly after 2B. But after some time, your frens may persuade u to also get 2A. 

i got my 2A 1 yr ago. 13 yrs after my 2B. i thought of signing up for refresher cos but upgraded instead. i noted down what i asked the instructors. i still keeping the notes.

Gdluck to your TP. All the best.

ai seh... same as me sia.. 2B first.. then 2A after 13 years.. hahaha..