SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Aligning Inspection and Insurance Due

exygon

I bought the bike in Apr 2020 so my insurance policy is due in Apr 2021. Did my inspection last year in oct so now my inspection is due in Oct 2021.

So if i renew my insurance policy to Apr 2022, i can only renew my road tax for 6 months and income wont allow me to renew my policy for 6 months to match the inspection date. (I am trying to align to inspection date so i can renew road tax for 1 year.) 

Anyone face such issues? 

19 hours ago, exygon said:

I bought the bike in Apr 2020 so my insurance policy is due in Apr 2021. Did my inspection last year in oct so now my inspection is due in Oct 2021.

So if i renew my insurance policy to Apr 2022, i can only renew my road tax for 6 months and income wont allow me to renew my policy for 6 months to match the inspection date. (I am trying to align to inspection date so i can renew road tax for 1 year.) 

Anyone face such issues? 

The adjustment can only be done on Insurance side, just contact them and they will adjust for you. (Just say, I wan to adjust my insurance to match my road tax dates, this is my road tax expiry date)

But usually for new riders, not recommended until at least 3 years later. (NCD and etc)

Edited by adesmond2

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

On 3/10/2021 at 12:35 PM, exygon said:

Anyone face such issues? 

Can ask income whether you can pay 18 months insurance instead? Pretty sure they can do that instead of 6months...hehee

i called them they can only renew it for 1 full year. I explained my situation to them but they say they will only align to the next road tax. Guess im stuck with renewing my road tax every 6 month. Maybe i will try again when my inspection is due in Oct. 

6 hours ago, exygon said:

i called them they can only renew it for 1 full year. I explained my situation to them but they say they will only align to the next road tax. Guess im stuck with renewing my road tax every 6 month. Maybe i will try again when my inspection is due in Oct. 

I believe this might be due to new agent in the company.. LOL.. usually they will do it for you one.. 

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

• Administrators
On 3/12/2021 at 10:26 AM, exygon said:

@exygon Purchase from the online insurance sites.

You are able to set start date and end date. Doesn't have to be locked to exactly 1 year. Although some sites will not allow less than 1 year, then you can go ahead and purchase for 18 months.

I am also OCD like that hahaha, the insurance date have to match the road tax date.

Good luck!

• Like 1