SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Preimum Unleaded Fuel - Octane level?

As the question says. The manual for my 2010 R6 says to use Premium Unleaded Fuel only. Anyone knows what Octane level is it? Also, anyone knows what octane level correspond to each fuel type in Esso stations? 😅

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, CharlieJuliet96 said:

As the question says. The manual for my 2010 R6 says to use Premium Unleaded Fuel only. Anyone knows what Octane level is it? Also, anyone knows what octane level correspond to each fuel type in Esso stations? 😅

@CharlieJuliet96

Premium unleaded usually means the highest.

2010 R6 i'd definitely go with RON98 or V-Power equivalent.

For anything else - Scooters, Class 2B bikes, XMax/Forza, RON95 should be just fine.

If going touring up north, i usually pump 97 for sportsbike/Class 2 bikes with some octane booster. Small cost for a peace of mind!

For the corresponding name, i think Esso has it written on the pump:

• RON98 - Premium Unleaded
  • RON95 - Regular Unleaded
  • RON92 (some stations don't have RON92 anymore) - Can't remember, will check for you next time i'm at Esso.

1 minute ago, SBF said:

@CharlieJuliet96

Premium unleaded usually means the highest.

2010 R6 i'd definitely go with RON98 or V-Power equivalent.

For anything else - Scooters, Class 2B bikes, XMax/Forza, RON95 should be just fine.

If going touring up north, i usually pump 97 for sportsbike/Class 2 bikes with some octane booster. Small cost for a peace of mind!

For the corresponding name, i think Esso has it written on the pump:

• RON98 - Premium Unleaded
  • RON95 - Regular Unleaded
  • RON92 (some stations don't have RON92 anymore) - Can't remember, will check for you next time i'm at Esso.

Isn't Esso fuel named as Supreme+ 8000, Extra 5000 and Regular 2000 ? 
IIRC there isn't a RON number 😅. Anyway thanks for the advice!

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, CharlieJuliet96 said:

Isn't Esso fuel named as Supreme+ 8000, Extra 5000 and Regular 2000 ? 
IIRC there isn't a RON number 😅. Anyway thanks for the advice!

EH! Might be a different petrol station, let me go by the SPC/Shell outside my house tomorrow and take a look. Sorry it's getting late and the brain's not working..........

But ya, definitely RON98 for the R6 in my opinion.

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

From Esso website Supreme+ is 98 Ron. 

image.thumb.png.de3471c656569e074bbfaad9f6801f1a.png

My 2013 CBR600RR manual calls for premium but have 95 in the logo. 95 should work but to play safe best is go with the highest. I tried both 95 and 98, personally cant feel the differences 😅

image.png.e8999574ea1d99c8fa152b16dae9529a.png

On 4/14/2021 at 10:33 AM, exygon said:

From Esso website Supreme+ is 98 Ron. 

image.thumb.png.de3471c656569e074bbfaad9f6801f1a.png

My 2013 CBR600RR manual calls for premium but have 95 in the logo. 95 should work but to play safe best is go with the highest. I tried both 95 and 98, personally cant feel the differences 😅

image.png.e8999574ea1d99c8fa152b16dae9529a.png

Hmmm I see. I pumped 95 at shell and it's terrible. 98 works fine. But for Esso, Extra works well for me, compared to Supreme+ it actually feels better. 

Edited by CharlieJuliet96

• 2 weeks later...