SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

MS Excel for CDC 2B costing (2020/2021)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4oobmjb2qd3ec94/Motorbike.xlsx?dl=0

did this XLS to help work out my total cost of picking up the 2B licence at CDC.

bonus - mileage/fuel consumption calculator also keyed inside. Also a bike price comparison calculator built in too, though rudimentary.

sorry ah. No user manual for this one! Occasionally will update this file too.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

@sehsuan Super helpful, thanks a lot man! Will help out a lot of riders looking to get their 2B license.

That being said, $1,800 is damn high man, remember the good old days when you could get your license for like $300 LOL!

Bro @Xmaxer did a similar one but for Class 2, you can reference for 2 years later! Should be applicable to Class 2A as well. Good luck on your Class 2x journey!

No worries. Mine was 1210+ in the spreadsheet, not 1800 la 😅

I saw the post by @Xmaxer and thought a 2B calculation might be handy too.

Thanks for the rework on the site, I believe I’ve seen the site in the earlier days way before I even contemplated a 2B license 👍   

• 2 weeks later...

I have already spend slightly more than S$1.8k and going for TP 3rd time in Jul 2021, just don't why the comments during debrief from the TP is so vague. Its all what they think and I can't stop wondering if they really know what going on 

55 minutes ago, Dex001 said:

I have already spend slightly more than S$1.8k and going for TP 3rd time in Jul 2021, just don't why the comments during debrief from the TP is so vague. Its all what they think and I can't stop wondering if they really know what going on 

do ensure you don't have a case of Dunning-Kruger Effect/Syndrome. there were tonnes of tips during the CR briefings and RR debriefings that helped immensely. never leave anything to assumption... keep asking until you've covered all ground!

good luck!

• 2 months later...

Hi , now really feel like giving up as been serious bruised and humiliated after 6 tries and without any immediate failure. So sad..  Starting to doubt even my life why pay so much money to go thru all this...

4 hours ago, Dex001 said:

Hi , now really feel like giving up as been serious bruised and humiliated after 6 tries and without any immediate failure. So sad..  Starting to doubt even my life why pay so much money to go thru all this...

What happened?

what you just wrote is as vague as what you said the TP Testers were to you.

did you go for road revisions? How consistent were your circuit revisions? Did you crack under pressure? What points did you incur?

With no info, no one can help.

On 5/25/2021 at 9:55 PM, sehsuan said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4oobmjb2qd3ec94/Motorbike.xlsx?dl=0

did this XLS to help work out my total cost of picking up the 2B licence at CDC.

bonus - mileage/fuel consumption calculator also keyed inside. Also a bike price comparison calculator built in too, though rudimentary.

sorry ah. No user manual for this one! Occasionally will update this file too.

i got a shock when i see the total costing.. then I see the comments.. Ohhh! already covered.. hahaha.

Let me split down for you as well.

2B at $1225.70

2A at $673.29

2 at $768.52

5 hours ago, Dex001 said:

Bro.. dun think so much.. some instructors are straight forward.. it's for your own good as well.. just thank them for their patient.

Always remember, use positive wordings against negative wording.. ;) 

whenever someone scold you, irregardless in lesson or real life, thank them for their feedback, acknowledge it, accept it with grace and learn from it if it's your own shortcomings. Else, ignore it. but still thank the person.. Pointless to make both you and the instructor angry and nothing comes out from it.. :) 

• Thanks 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

1 hour ago, adesmond2 said:

i got a shock when i see the total costing.. then I see the comments.. Ohhh! already covered.. hahaha.

Let me split down for you as well.

2B at $1225.70

2A at $673.29

2 at $768.52

Bro.. dun think so much.. some instructors are straight forward.. it's for your own good as well.. just thank them for their patient.

Always remember, use positive wordings against negative wording.. ;) 

whenever someone scold you, irregardless in lesson or real life, thank them for their feedback, acknowledge it, accept it with grace and learn from it if it's your own shortcomings. Else, ignore it. but still thank the person.. Pointless to make both you and the instructor angry and nothing comes out from it.. :) 

It's not the instructors, I agreed to thank them for the patient and guidance but it's those bloody tester whom gives quote crappy reasons to fail me. 

Edited by Dex001

10 minutes ago, Dex001 said:

It's not the instructors, I agreed to thank them for the patient and guidance but it's those bloody tester whom gives quote crappy reasons to fail me. 

So what did you get points for?

There’s a telegram chatgroup that I’m in, you could share your experiences with others to find out what you’ve done wrong etc. search for “CDC motorcycle learner group” on telegram, there’s a lot of others who can share (as well as talk nonsense, whom of us doesn’t do that?)

by the way, what are the items you got points for? Without knowing, it does seem that you’re blaming only the testers and not yourself at all. How many points did you accumulate in all these attempts? Were they for the same mistakes across the multiple tests?

I can share that when I took up the course, Lesson 1 was the hardest where I felt so discouraged - starting at age 40.

at the end of it, I’m glad to have gone for my licence.

Edited by sehsuan

5 hours ago, Dex001 said:

aiyo.. they look out for signs that you are a aggressive rider or someone who's not stable enough. & if you did a mistake and you correct it immediately calmly, they "might" close one eyes.

1) Safety/defensively.

2) Stay calm and do not give up, keep trying. 

3) Make sure you are good with the obstacles.. then you should be alright.

5 hours ago, sehsuan said:

So what did you get points for?

There’s a telegram chatgroup that I’m in, you could share your experiences with others to find out what you’ve done wrong etc. search for “CDC motorcycle learner group” on telegram, there’s a lot of others who can share (as well as talk nonsense, whom of us doesn’t do that?)

by the way, what are the items you got points for? Without knowing, it does seem that you’re blaming only the testers and not yourself at all. How many points did you accumulate in all these attempts? Were they for the same mistakes across the multiple tests?

I can share that when I took up the course, Lesson 1 was the hardest where I felt so discouraged - starting at age 40.

at the end of it, I’m glad to have gone for my licence.

agreed.. just grab your license.. seeing how the COE for cars, bikes seems like a better choice.. (but 5 digits for COE will be a bit over since the machines prices are usually 4-5 digit ranges) 

4 digits for 2B~2A

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

4 hours ago, Dex001 said:

Sorry, I can't locate the group in the telegram, able to check and provide again. Btw, I'm already above 40

https://www.arcanetrading.co/category/blog/motorbike-class-2b/

it’s somewhere in one of the many articles here. I’m on a phone now so I can’t copy and paste for you.

no worry about the cost, i took my class 2b at age 34 with one attempt passs at 1.9k in total.

at age 35 took 2a without buying a bike but only rent once for one hour, also pass in one attempt with a total cost of $500.

all taken at bbdc.

next will be class 2 in 2022.

• 4 weeks later...