Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Failed my TP test at BBDC :(


Recommended Posts

Hey friends,

I just failed my TP test at BBDC today and I feel extra unmotivated right now. I've booked many RC and practices was so smooth but when it came to the TP test, I failed.

It was very disappointing because my demerit points was only 12 but one immediate failure just caused me to fail the whole test.

I am now at the stage where I do not want to book for the next TP. I hope to hear your experience to make me feel motivated again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nerllieeee said:

Hey friends,

I just failed my TP test at BBDC today and I feel extra unmotivated right now. I've booked many RC and practices was so smooth but when it came to the TP test, I failed.

It was very disappointing because my demerit points was only 12 but one immediate failure just caused me to fail the whole test.

I am now at the stage where I do not want to book for the next TP. I hope to hear your experience to make me feel motivated again.

failing 1 time is normal. u are doing great. remember your mistakes and don repeat the same mistakes again. just keep your nervousness to the minimal. keep your result. when u go for your revision, ask the instructors how to correct the mistakes. i believe they will be willing to guide u. all the best 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you give up now, you would really have failed.

 

Just give yourself a break and fix a date to come back to it again.

Not many can pass in just one shot.

Some took more than 5 tries to pass.

And some took even more than that.

Don't give up. ✌️

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, nerllieeee said:

Hey friends,

I just failed my TP test at BBDC today and I feel extra unmotivated right now. I've booked many RC and practices was so smooth but when it came to the TP test, I failed.

It was very disappointing because my demerit points was only 12 but one immediate failure just caused me to fail the whole test.

I am now at the stage where I do not want to book for the next TP. I hope to hear your experience to make me feel motivated again.

don't mind which IF they fail you?

give you a simple tips, every section obstacles when tester wave at you to go, just take a deep breath in and out. I bet it will help you to relax and do better, also eyes try to look before your hand and bike moving towards.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 鲁蛇不是鲁蛇 said:

don't mind which IF they fail you?

give you a simple tips, every section obstacles when tester wave at you to go, just take a deep breath in and out. I bet it will help you to relax and do better, also eyes try to look before your hand and bike moving towards.

 

 

I stalled and put my right foot down so its under the general IF. Could be avoided which is why I am mad at myself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i'm in the same situation as you, except i failed due to accumulation of points. i wanted to give up halfway during circuit assessment as i had to take it 5 times with many revisions in between, but i'm finally at the end now :') in fact, i repeated all my lessons an average of 5 times.

2b has always been known to be the most difficult license to get. the great thing about bbdc is that their TP tests are always very near (i.e. you dont have to wait a month), so you could easily get your momentum back when you want to take TP test again. alternatively, you can also take a short break and compose yourself before booking your TP test again. 

since you already passed the final assessment, it's clear that you have some skill already. it's more likely that it just wasn't your day/ it was just very unfortunate that you footed. don't let this deter you from quitting your whole 2b journey altogether.

if i may offer some advice, what really helped me stop putting my right foot down was using more rear brake and telling myself the floor on my right is lava..

nonetheless, from one 2b learner to another, let's do our best and pass this !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, nerllieeee said:

I stalled and put my right foot down so its under the general IF. Could be avoided which is why I am mad at myself.

If it’s bcos of right foot down, and no other issues with your circuit and road riding, it means your skills are there alrdy, so i feel it’s a big waste if u just give up like this. Could be just that u are nervous and i believe the next time round wld be better. 
 

Throughout the whole 2B journey alot of ppl wld have thought of giving up, myself included. Some students i saw them for lesson 1 only and nvr again. So just persevere and dont give up! After all u’ve come such a long way alrdy weh

@coldbrew @nerllieeee ya sia final assessment not easy to pass leh. I myself repeat that lesson until i almost want to file a claim for mental well-being damages & change driving school. Can clear final assessment means you are there alrdy! Press on and dont give up 🙂

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, E.O. said:

If it’s bcos of right foot down, and no other issues with your circuit and road riding, it means your skills are there alrdy, so i feel it’s a big waste if u just give up like this. Could be just that u are nervous and i believe the next time round wld be better. 
 

Throughout the whole 2B journey alot of ppl wld have thought of giving up, myself included. Some students i saw them for lesson 1 only and nvr again. So just persevere and dont give up! After all u’ve come such a long way alrdy weh

@coldbrew @nerllieeee ya sia final assessment not easy to pass leh. I myself repeat that lesson until i almost want to file a claim for mental well-being damages & change driving school. Can clear final assessment means you are there alrdy! Press on and dont give up 🙂

ya lor.. if i could file a claim for the literal blood, sweat and tears shed, i would have already..

@nerllieeee you are very close to the end le. we know you have the skill, you know you have the skill. take a short break and come back even stronger 🙂💪

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, coldbrew said:

i'm in the same situation as you, except i failed due to accumulation of points. i wanted to give up halfway during circuit assessment as i had to take it 5 times with many revisions in between, but i'm finally at the end now :') in fact, i repeated all my lessons an average of 5 times.

2b has always been known to be the most difficult license to get. the great thing about bbdc is that their TP tests are always very near (i.e. you dont have to wait a month), so you could easily get your momentum back when you want to take TP test again. alternatively, you can also take a short break and compose yourself before booking your TP test again. 

since you already passed the final assessment, it's clear that you have some skill already. it's more likely that it just wasn't your day/ it was just very unfortunate that you footed. don't let this deter you from quitting your whole 2b journey altogether.

if i may offer some advice, what really helped me stop putting my right foot down was using more rear brake and telling myself the floor on my right is lava..

nonetheless, from one 2b learner to another, let's do our best and pass this !

Nice to hear this from someone. I've spent so much time and money for this. Every moment I know I'm getting closer to that license and fail, it kept holding me back from continuing.

I'm someone who is incredibly emotional, so it definitely put a mental toll on me. I cried after failing just now, god knows what will happen next. I have not booked my next TP yet cause I'm still scared I guess hahahaha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, nerllieeee said:

Nice to hear this from someone. I've spent so much time and money for this. Every moment I know I'm getting closer to that license and fail, it kept holding me back from continuing.

I'm someone who is incredibly emotional, so it definitely put a mental toll on me. I cried after failing just now, god knows what will happen next. I have not booked my next TP yet cause I'm still scared I guess hahahaha

i definitely feel you. the time and money i spent on this was so crazy, i literally refuse to go and count because i'm too scared to see the number LOL. book your next TP at ur own pace 🙂

 if i gave up halfway, it would only waste all my money since i knew i really wanted a motor license and i wanted to get it no matter what. money can earn back one; a 2b is with you forever ; )

i also cried after my TP, i had to go to the counter and i was literally on the verge of tears asking the lady to put an extra page in my booklet cos no more space lol. i was ok otw home and with my brother, but i cried once i was by myself. it really sucks knowing u put a lot of effort but you still didnt make it when you know you could have. 

i heard someone say "got heart will make it one" and it really stuck by me, and i hope it will for you too 🙂  you are there already ! don't give up 

Edited by coldbrew
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To add on to @coldbrew’s advice, i came across this video

it explains at the start of braking to apply both front and rear brakes (but more of rear brake), and towards the last few metres before coming to a complete stop, use only the rear brake. This will eliminate hard braking and less chances of right foot down, perhaps @nerllieeee can try this technique during your upcoming revisions.

another tip is once bike has come to a complete stop, very slightly turn the handlebar to the right. This works somehow like counter-steering, by turning the handlebar slightly to the right, the bike will naturally lean to the left. Hope this helps😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, nerllieeee said:

Hey friends,

I just failed my TP test at BBDC today and I feel extra unmotivated right now. I've booked many RC and practices was so smooth but when it came to the TP test, I failed.

It was very disappointing because my demerit points was only 12 but one immediate failure just caused me to fail the whole test.

I am now at the stage where I do not want to book for the next TP. I hope to hear your experience to make me feel motivated again.

Dun worry, failure is the mother of all success.  :) 

8 hours ago, nerllieeee said:

I stalled and put my right foot down so its under the general IF. Could be avoided which is why I am mad at myself.

sometimes.. it's that weird mistake / habit that suddenly appear on TP date.. but again.. just keep going.. once you stop, you will waste all the time and effort that you did previously. So personally, I would also just rush through it, keep on repeating non stop.. then once over, bad habit will come back.. LOL..

7 hours ago, nerllieeee said:

Nice to hear this from someone. I've spent so much time and money for this. Every moment I know I'm getting closer to that license and fail, it kept holding me back from continuing.

I'm someone who is incredibly emotional, so it definitely put a mental toll on me. I cried after failing just now, god knows what will happen next. I have not booked my next TP yet cause I'm still scared I guess hahahaha

just go on and continue.. dun think so much.. always remember all these are just a experience and for you to know how to ride a bike.. out on the road with trucks and some drivers dun really care.. so my personal opinion.. you rather fail in TP then fail on the road. Failing on the road means accident already.. 

on the road - always ride defensive, predict the vehicles

inside circuit, just ride as per required.. :)

7 hours ago, coldbrew said:

i definitely feel you. the time and money i spent on this was so crazy, i literally refuse to go and count because i'm too scared to see the number LOL. book your next TP at ur own pace 🙂

 if i gave up halfway, it would only waste all my money since i knew i really wanted a motor license and i wanted to get it no matter what. money can earn back one; a 2b is with you forever ; )

i also cried after my TP, i had to go to the counter and i was literally on the verge of tears asking the lady to put an extra page in my booklet cos no more space lol. i was ok otw home and with my brother, but i cried once i was by myself. it really sucks knowing u put a lot of effort but you still didnt make it when you know you could have. 

i heard someone say "got heart will make it one" and it really stuck by me, and i hope it will for you too 🙂  you are there already ! don't give up 

You 2 can exchange numbers since both female.. then help to give tips and later on after gotten your own bikes, can start to meet up.. :) 

  • Like 2

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/30/2021 at 3:17 PM, nerllieeee said:

Hey friends,

I just failed my TP test at BBDC today and I feel extra unmotivated right now. I've booked many RC and practices was so smooth but when it came to the TP test, I failed.

It was very disappointing because my demerit points was only 12 but one immediate failure just caused me to fail the whole test.

I am now at the stage where I do not want to book for the next TP. I hope to hear your experience to make me feel motivated again.

Paste a picture of the bike u want to buy in yr room.

That's what i did.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Pisces44 said:

Paste a picture of the bike u want to buy in yr room.

That's what i did.

Good options.. haha..

but what if you run out of space? :p 

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

Good options.. haha..

but what if you run out of space? :p 

Hahahaha. I have so many bikes that I have in mind after i pass. Will definitely fill at least half of my wall 🥴

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, apogeeXX said:

Go digital.

Put them as wallpaper on your mobile phone. Everyday change one model. Still too many even then ? Change wallpaper every hour lor 🤣

I ever done this before. Put a Ducati as my phone lockscreen and iPad wallpaper 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2021 at 1:03 AM, coldbrew said:

i definitely feel you. the time and money i spent on this was so crazy, i literally refuse to go and count because i'm too scared to see the number LOL. book your next TP at ur own pace 🙂

 if i gave up halfway, it would only waste all my money since i knew i really wanted a motor license and i wanted to get it no matter what. money can earn back one; a 2b is with you forever ; )

i also cried after my TP, i had to go to the counter and i was literally on the verge of tears asking the lady to put an extra page in my booklet cos no more space lol. i was ok otw home and with my brother, but i cried once i was by myself. it really sucks knowing u put a lot of effort but you still didnt make it when you know you could have. 

i heard someone say "got heart will make it one" and it really stuck by me, and i hope it will for you too 🙂  you are there already ! don't give up 

 

practise on your weak station when u book RC. remember what to do at each station. remember where to check your blindspots. always check back before u move off, lane change, make turns, bends, corners...know when to check is also important.

13 hours ago, nerllieeee said:

Hahahaha. I have so many bikes that I have in mind after i pass. Will definitely fill at least half of my wall 🥴

what are your mistakes?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I finally had the guts to book my next TP test but I'm not as eager as I was previously. I guess it's the fear 🥲

57 minutes ago, kokseng_wong said:

 

practise on your weak station when u book RC. remember what to do at each station. remember where to check your blindspots. always check back before u move off, lane change, make turns, bends, corners...know when to check is also important.

what are your mistakes?

Apart from the IF, it's just sharp turns and wobbling. Blindspot wise, only once did I check wrongly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi nerllieeee,

I understand how u felt (or are still feeling).

I also took the TP test the same day as u at BBDC. We were fellow testees. :)

I failed my first TP 2 weeks ago that day. And I managed to pass. However, the feelings that hit me when I failed were exactly how u described: utter disappointment and despair. And I was not able to function fully for a while.

I don’t know what I can say or do to motivate you. Just this: never give up, and believe in yourself.
 

U must know this: to be able to go for a TP test means that you are of a certain standard already. So believe in yourself, book your next TP, and before that, practise as much as you can, be it RC or RR. And you will eventually make it.

FYI, I’m 47, and was the oldest guy for that test (I was no.1!). I was not proficient during the practicals (failed 3.01 plank 5 times!), but I kept practicing… and eventually I conquered the plank till it became a non-issue to me during the test.

Don’t ever give up. Keep going. Keep practicing. And you’ll get there. You definitely will!

Edited by Jeebberish
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Jeebberish said:

Hi nerllieeee,

I understand how u felt (or are still feeling).

I also took the TP test the same day as u at BBDC. We were fellow testees. :)

I failed my first TP 2 weeks ago that day. And I managed to pass. However, the feelings that hit me when I failed were exactly how u described: utter disappointment and despair. And I was not able to function fully for a while.

I don’t know what I can say or do to motivate you. Just this: never give up, and believe in yourself.
 

U must know this: to be able to go for a TP test means that you are of a certain standard already. So believe in yourself, book your next TP, and before that, practise as much as you can, be it RC or RR. And you will eventually make it.

FYI, I’m 47, and was the oldest guy for that test (I was no.1!). I was not proficient during the practicals (failed 3.01 plank 5 times!), but I kept practicing… and eventually I conquered the plank till it became a non-issue to me during the test.

Don’t ever give up. Keep going. Keep practicing. And you’ll get there. You definitely will!

Hi! Good to know you passed! You definitely did great!

I struggled through every practical (at least 3 times) but I actually managed to go towards the end so that's a good start. My next TP is in 2 weeks too and I'm glad a fellow testee that took the TP with me managed to find me here hahahaha.

Thank you for the building my confidence!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don’t thank me, thank yourself for getting so far! All the hard work’s down to you and you only.

The conditions that test day was horrendous to say the least! So u did very well not clearing the test by a mere IF technicality.

Remember, the TP test is not about your skills or competency sometimes. It’s a very technical process where we get penalised for technical faults like not checking blind spots properly, or accidentally putting our right foot down. Sometimes it’s not up to you… it’s up to the conditions and variables that may occur to disrupt you. Or even a lousy bike we’re not used to. 

So it doesn’t mean you’re not a competent rider who’s not deserving of the licence, but rather it was just not your day.

We control what we can control. So practise practise practise. And things will eventually fall into place during the test.

Wishing you the very best in two week’s time!

 

Edited by Jeebberish
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, nerllieeee said:

I struggled through every practical (at least 3 times) but I actually managed to go towards the end so that's a good start. My next TP is in 2 weeks too and I'm glad a fellow testee that took the TP with me managed to find me here hahahaha.

Good to hear that you've booked the slot. Don't let the previous little trip up stop you from achieving what you had set out to accomplish months ago... the coveted 2B!

Keep calm & all the best!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2021 at 9:04 PM, kokseng_wong said:

 

practise on your weak station when u book RC. remember what to do at each station. remember where to check your blindspots. always check back before u move off, lane change, make turns, bends, corners...know when to check is also important.

what are your mistakes?

no need to have so many bikes in your mind. don confuse yourself. u can only ride one at a time. no hurry to buy bike after u passed. coe now is 9.5k.Very exp. ask around for opinion. total cost for brand new 2b bike nw at least 15k. coe +machine price + insurance + road tax + plus interest. different bike shops different policies n prices. u can do comparison. ask your frens if u have frens who ride bike.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2021 at 10:00 PM, nerllieeee said:

I finally had the guts to book my next TP test but I'm not as eager as I was previously. I guess it's the fear 🥲

Apart from the IF, it's just sharp turns and wobbling. Blindspot wise, only once did I check wrongly.

when i took my 2a i noted down points on paper after every lesson i went. i keep asking the instructors questions, before lessons n after lessons.  i even drew on papers the line ups. what is the safe distance to move off from stop line n turn right. when there is oncoming vehicle. u can ask me if u have any question. i answer u at the best of my knowledge

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...