SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

How much to downpay for CL2 in 2023?

M3DU5A

Hey riders, I'm currently looking at getting my first "first-hand" bike. Here are some scenarios that I thought of.

[ Please correct me and give your input if you want, your opinions are greatly appreciated! ☺️ ]

1. Go full cash (savings + remaining would be personal loan from bank)
Pros
-> I can change bike anytime I want since its fully paid
Cons
-> Loan from bank
-> Depending on the bank and my credit score, loan maybe delayed as this would be my first time taking out a personal loan

2. Downpay X amount (Still haven't figure out how much to dp)
Pros
-> Can get the bike asap
Cons
-> Can't change bike as to when I want as I need to clear the COI before changing the bike

I currently got my eyes on MT-09 Gen 3 SP and Non-SP version! 👀

Help me clear my doubts fellow riders!

What is the average amount should I downpay if I go for scenario no.2?
Does scenario 1 (pros) work?

Edited by M3DU5A
Adding tags in

• M3DU5A changed the title to How much to downpay for CL2 in 2023?
On 9/12/2023 at 7:14 PM, M3DU5A said:

Hey riders, I'm currently looking at getting my first "first-hand" bike. Here are some scenarios that I thought of.

[ Please correct me and give your input if you want, your opinions are greatly appreciated! ☺️ ]

1. Go full cash (savings + remaining would be personal loan from bank)
Pros
-> I can change bike anytime I want since its fully paid
Cons
-> Loan from bank
-> Depending on the bank and my credit score, loan maybe delayed as this would be my first time taking out a personal loan

2. Downpay X amount (Still haven't figure out how much to dp)
Pros
-> Can get the bike asap
Cons
-> Can't change bike as to when I want as I need to clear the COI before changing the bike

I currently got my eyes on MT-09 Gen 3 SP and Non-SP version! 👀

Help me clear my doubts fellow riders!

What is the average amount should I downpay if I go for scenario no.2?
Does scenario 1 (pros) work?

recommended to go with option 1..

option 2 got alot more cons... 

you are subjected to the shop's repairs else warranty void.

you might need to buy all future insurance and road tax from the workshop.. 

since you dun own the bike.. you need alot more documents when going up to Thailand.. or any other official documents...

• Like 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

I would recommend not getting a "first hand" bike if its stretching your finance. 

Any loan that you need to keep financing for more than 3 years for a bike will considered long unless you have a very stable job and pays you even when you get into an accident... 

Bike riding does bear greater risk, even when we're careful riders. its the other drivers we're afraid of... and sometimes the road condition doesn't help too (sand, oil, wood pegs) you never know. So taking a long term loan is something i would not recommend. If you can pay it off immediately it would be great. or maybe in 1-2 years time too. You can start with the loan and clear it off after a year. 

• Like 2