SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CBF 150

faisalee

Originally posted by norasarni@March 27, 2007 10:09 am

May I know which shop quote you this price? I thought of buying this bike. I'm afraid of the maintenance price. Well some bike the machine price can be cheap but when come to maintenance wise, it will cost a bomb. Correct me if im wrong. :cheeky:

hi nora, i was quoted at Wing Yap Motor at ang mo kio branch there.

got myself a 2nd hand cbr150r after looking around in garage :cheer:

the cbf looks bigger than the cbr btw.

resshin, mind to update us the top speed after your running in later? thanks :cheeky:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Ny0ng1@April 01, 2007 01:39 pm

hi nora, i was quoted at Wing Yap Motor at ang mo kio branch there.

got myself a 2nd hand cbr150r after looking around in garage :cheer:

the cbf looks bigger than the cbr btw.

resshin, mind to update us the top speed after your running in later? thanks :cheeky:

bro..i can't guarantee to ride the bike yet...cos there might be a dispute with the price of the bike.

the seller quoted me 4.6k otr...but in the end, he added another COE of $1001. according to a few lao jiaos i asked, they say their understanding of OTR is including COE...thus i might check with them about the price again...

btw, anyone know what i can do? i have down $800, paying by 36mths installment, but haven sign the gurantor form yet.

Originally posted by R3sshin@April 01, 2007 04:01 pm

bro..i can't guarantee to ride the bike yet...cos there might be a dispute with the price of the bike.

the seller quoted me 4.6k otr...but in the end, he added another COE of $1001. according to a few lao jiaos i asked, they say their understanding of OTR is including COE...thus i might check with them about the price again...

btw, anyone know what i can do? i have down $800, paying by 36mths installment, but haven sign the gurantor form yet.

OTR is the price which includes EVERYTHING. As the abbreviation says, ON THE ROAD. You need to have COE, road tax, insurance and the misc to legally ride ON THE ROAD.

So that lao jiaos is correct loh.:smile:

:)

This bike is like its bro CBF1000. One of the bigger bike for 2B catogory. Comparable to bajaj.. Only thing that worries me is spare parts for it since its a really new bike. Not even a month here..

:)

Originally posted by danielburgess@December 20, 2006 09:59 am

I am not sure if it is true, but from the catalogue, '07 super 4's will have a shaft final drive. Dunnoe whether true or not.

Cheers

This is confirmed with Boon Siew that it is an error in printing.

i took the cbf 150 out for a spin just now.

feels good, quite smooth, but kinda to the heavy side.

gear 1 response was good. change gear jerk is not to strong. brakes can work la, thought leaves much to be desire.

speed-wise, now cannot determine cos i still doing run-in.:sweat:

bros and sis with qns about cbf 150, i will try to answer them.:thumb:

Originally posted by cutegigi@April 05, 2007 07:27 am

wah... finally get your bike ah ?? congratz !!!!!!!!

may i know what happen about the whole complication about OTR price but still ask you pay COE etc ? just curious so next time wont happen to me or other :)

the seller's OTR is everything from gst+rd tax+IU+transfer+accessories+agreement fee+reg fee+machine.

coe and insurance count seperately cos according to the seller, insurance and coe are variables, so cannot add to the total price.

the thing is i went to other shops and ask for the same quotes and condition(i.e $800 down and 36 mths installment). in the end, i got a +/- $380 difference from other shops, which means the price given to me is "around" market price.

this i can understand cos obviously different shops have different ways of doing business . some shop may add u different funny funny stuff like agreement fee, transfer fee and gst while other shops don't. all this "non-compulsory" items add together cost me about $380-$400, but this is also the money they earn to feed their stuff, so i can kinda understand this point.

as long as the price i get is around the market price for the same model, i am still alright with it. take it as paying for a learning experience lor..:thumb:

Originally posted by R3sshin@April 05, 2007 02:20 pm

as long as the price i get is around the market price for the same model, i am still alright with it. take it as paying for a learning experience lor..:thumb:

ya..each shoppin trip to bike shops n motordiam is a learnin experience..

so long within de market rate..ok lah..

if kena chOp too much.. eg. ($800-$1k).. reali cry sia..

so is better to go survey survey a few motordiam 1st b4 buyin..

..Trials and Tribulations are Tests to shape ones path in Life..

..nobody plan to fail but many failed to plan..

..make e right mOve & u're made for Life..

went at a higher speed today.

cornering through the cte(sle) tunnel today was very dangerous.almost hit the side wall. not sure because of my riding skill or the bike is succumable to swerving due to the wind. even on a straight road, going at higher speed with some wind can push you to one side.

the stock front brake oso not eating well. sometimes need to brake quickly the front brakes is not as good as those at driving centres. maybe will check it out when i change my first EO.

have to take note of this and be more careful.

Originally posted by rajayusman@April 09, 2007 10:33 pm

wat do u mean for a short while? heh.

normal 'comfortable cruising' is how fast?

and wat about your fuel consumption bro?

is it as good as it was stated? :smile:

haha..a short while means 5 seconds. cos i don't wanna kana ork kong on my 4 day of riding.:cheeky:

comfortable crusing at 80-90km/h is not a problem. in fact i increase the max speed to 110km/h today. so the myth of 97km/h is kinda busted.

FC wise, i just pump full tank at jb today. haven really guage how good is the FC. but think about it, in the morning i pump about 5L in singapore with a near empty tank, then i travel to LTA to SIR to LTA back again, then go to JB all the way. when in JB, i only manage to pump about 6+L when the full tank is 11L. so it seems alright for now. will update when i tested out the FC.

btw, can anyone advise on how to check the FC? i already pump full tank plus clear the mileage today.:smile:

Originally posted by R3sshin@April 10, 2007 12:54 am

haha..a short while means 5 seconds. cos i don't wanna kana ork kong on my 4 day of riding.:cheeky:

comfortable crusing at 80-90km/h is not a problem. in fact i increase the max speed to 110km/h today. so the myth of 97km/h is kinda busted.

FC wise, i just pump full tank at jb today. haven really guage how good is the FC. but think about it, in the morning i pump about 5L in singapore with a near empty tank, then i travel to LTA to SIR to LTA back again, then go to JB all the way. when in JB, i only manage to pump about 6+L when the full tank is 11L. so it seems alright for now. will update when i tested out the FC.

btw, can anyone advise on how to check the FC? i already pump full tank plus clear the mileage today.:smile:

FC = Total trip travelled b4 the new pump /number of litre of new pumped petrol.

Originally posted by R3sshin@April 10, 2007 12:54 am

Waa Bro, you 4th day already wack laio? Your running in finished laio?

Originally posted by hunter1222@April 12, 2007 12:36 pm

Waa Bro, you 4th day already wack laio? Your running in finished laio?

haha...haven finish.. now about 600 on the milage liao.

want to try how fast mahz...haha...but whack for a short while only la..

Originally posted by R3sshin@April 13, 2007 01:27 pm

bros and sis...i can now confirm.

the top speed for cbf 150 is 110km/h.o_O

Is the riding postures comfortable? the handling easy? I sat on CBF150 on Universal Motor while it was parked on the mainstand once, I felt it is quite a big bike. Feels like a big cruiser.

Originally posted by MonoWorld@April 13, 2007 02:02 pm

Is the riding postures comfortable? the handling easy? I sat on CBF150 on Universal Motor while it was parked on the mainstand once, I felt it is quite a big bike. Feels like a big cruiser.

its a very smooth bike. riding posture is something like those bikes u get in driving centres, those sit up types.

speeding at 110km/h, the handling was relative easy, cos the handle bar is quite stable.

yea..i always tell my friends, the CBF 150 is the nissan cefiro of motorcycles...haha...cos its so spacious. i pillon people around and their body hardly touches mine.haha