SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CBF 150

faisalee

did my 1st servicing at boon siew. but aft my 1st service, discovered tat everytime i move off from 1st gear, there will be this 'tak' sound, and a small jerk from the rear spocket area. (never had tis problem before my 1st service)

brought it back to BS during lunchtime, and they said tat everything looks and sounds normal. i demonstated the sound to them, yet they say this is normal?

i was not satisfied, and so they asked me to bring the bike in again for them to check, where they will dismantle and show that everything is normal to me. what is the point of showing me everything 'looks' normal, when the bike is making such a weird sound?

any of u guys experiencing such a weird sounds as well?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it is your riding speed. 1st 2 fill up of tank I was riding 60-80km/h, I got 40km/L or so from it. 3rd refill, I was doing 80-100km/h regularly and my estimate was 38km/L.

100km/1.5L is talking about 50-60km/h. No stopping. No uphill. No wind... ie perfect travelling condition... probably they don't even count in warming up of engine... you ever encounter such situation before in real life?

Haha probably. My own guess is because the travelling distance too short. About 5km to work and another 5km back. Anyway, now I am using Caltex 95. Will see how it is...

did my 1st servicing at boon siew. but aft my 1st service, discovered tat everytime i move off from 1st gear, there will be this 'tak' sound, and a small jerk from the rear spocket area. (never had tis problem before my 1st service)

brought it back to BS during lunchtime, and they said tat everything looks and sounds normal. i demonstated the sound to them, yet they say this is normal?

i was not satisfied, and so they asked me to bring the bike in again for them to check, where they will dismantle and show that everything is normal to me. what is the point of showing me everything 'looks' normal, when the bike is making such a weird sound?

any of u guys experiencing such a weird sounds as well?

Same with my bike. My guess is it's just the gear engaging... Didn't think there was anything wrong with that. But then again, this is my first bike...so I wouldn't presume.

Same with my bike. My guess is it's just the gear engaging... Didn't think there was anything wrong with that. But then again, this is my first bike...so I wouldn't presume.

the nature of what i'm experiencing :-

1. from neutral, shift to 1st gear

2. release clutch, mild throttling, bike begin to move

3. then 'clack' + slight jerk felt near rear sprocket

4. bike continue to move off, no problem in Gear2, 3, 4 or 5

so intend to bring it back to BS this Sat morn. if yr bike experiencing the same, then may i suggest u do the same.

in my almost 20yrs of riding, i've never experienced such a weird occurence. i better get it straighten out else it may manifest into bigger problems aft continued usage.

so intend to bring it back to BS this Sat morn. if yr bike experiencing the same, then may i suggest u do the same.

in my almost 20yrs of riding, i've never experienced such a weird occurence. i better get it straighten out else it may manifest into bigger problems aft continued usage.

Bike from China cannot be trusted. I'd the same problem when I got my new CBF150 last month. After much hesitation, I sold it away before more new problems arises, by then it worth little or no resale price.

Bike from China cannot be trusted. I'd the same problem when I got my new CBF150 last month. After much hesitation, I sold it away before more new problems arises, by then it worth little or no resale price.

was BS not possible to rectify the problem for u? i dun care, i will go down this sat morn and bang table. after all the bike is under 1yr unlimited mileage warranty.

bit of gd news is that if u register online at http://www.boonsiewhonda.com.sg/ u get 3mth warranty free!!!

(check under the 'promotion' pull down menu.)

(so guys who recently got a new honda 2b bike, dun miss this chance)

was BS not possible to rectify the problem for u? i dun care, i will go down this sat morn and bang table. after all the bike is under 1yr unlimited mileage warranty.

bit of gd news is that if u register online at http://www.boonsiewhonda.com.sg/ u get 3mth warranty free!!!

(check under the 'promotion' pull down menu.)

(so guys who recently got a new honda 2b bike, dun miss this chance)

No point, this is a technical design issue and may not able to rectify it easily.

My next bike will be Bajaj Pulsar 200cc DTSi coming this Dec 07.

QUOTE]

Humm... Nope I didn't experience this. The clack is when i switch to first gear.

Maybe is alignment slightly out?

QUOTE]

Humm... Nope I didn't experience this. The clack is when i switch to first gear.

Maybe is alignment slightly out?

This happens in every CBF150, it may be a technical design isssue.

This happens in every CBF150, it may be a technical design isssue.

to be fair, Boon Siew Honda has rectified the weird sound that i hv been having wif my cbf. the solution is so simple, therefore, not a design problem with the bike.

what they did was they tightened further the engine block to the frame, therefore upon moving off, there are no longer the 'tok' sound upon moving forward at 1st gear.

now my bike is just perfect :-)

to be fair, Boon Siew Honda has rectified the weird sound that i hv been having wif my cbf. the solution is so simple, therefore, not a design problem with the bike.

what they did was they tightened further the engine block to the frame, therefore upon moving off, there are no longer the 'tok' sound upon moving forward at 1st gear.

now my bike is just perfect :-)

haha... you guys talking about the "tok" sound scared me so much... because my CBF no "tok" sound and no jerk... you all talk machiam like it is in the design and I was so scared my bike why no tok and jerk??? Is it flawed and therefore don't have those features one ah?

Anyways, I got a problem... my fuel consumption seems be to less than 40km/l leh. Something like 35km/l nia leh( 320km/9litre at my last observation)... what's the problem I am wondering? I only full throttle once in a blue moon nia leh... expressway I only go 90km/h most of the time... Normal road like around 70km/h... why fuel consumption so poor for me?

haha... you guys talking about the "tok" sound scared me so much... because my CBF no "tok" sound and no jerk... you all talk machiam like it is in the design and I was so scared my bike why no tok and jerk??? Is it flawed and therefore don't have those features one ah?

Anyways, I got a problem... my fuel consumption seems be to less than 40km/l leh. Something like 35km/l nia leh( 320km/9litre at my last observation)... what's the problem I am wondering? I only full throttle once in a blue moon nia leh... expressway I only go 90km/h most of the time... Normal road like around 70km/h... why fuel consumption so poor for me?

i did a soft run-in for my bike. could it be that you did a hard break-in? the mechanics at Boonsiew did warn me about hard run-in and the adverse effects it would have on performance and fuel consumption. also during the soft break-in of 3000km, shld only be on mineral oil.

jus filled my bike again with Techron 92 at JB yesterday, i got 46km/l. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
runnin on JB's Caltex 92 Techron, abt 45km/l. (70% road, 30% expressway)

how's yrs? :cool:

Humm... I'm using SG Caltex 95, getting about 35-38km/l so far. Only clocking average 10km/day. What do you mean by soft run in? So far my total milage is about 1600km. :cheeky: I thought you run in finished at 800km?

• 1 month later...

it took a while for this thread to move but from all readings here and from reviews in Mouthshut, it seems that Honda CBF 150 outstanding feature is it's engine. It's tuned to be economical and at the same time, retain it's reputation as a reliable Honda engine.

I've been reading/following up about CBF 150 and Bajaj for some time. Though I was leaning towards Bajaj initially, further readings help me decide that CBF 150 should be the one....base on the following criteria(do note that I've not tried both bikes...just base on reading reviews):

1) Reliability - Honda wins hands down with it's proven engine.

2) Performance - May lose out slightly to Bajaj in top speed but make up with smooth ride with little vibration at top speed.

3) Minimal Maintenance - With a reliable engine and less `gadgets' usually means less `breakdowns'.

Only cons for Honda CBF150 that I read and agree on is:

1) Tank size - Big means a little more difficult to maneuver but as it's intent is meant for Indian market, which makes sense due to the distances pple travel over there(me own TA150 - So no big impact:D)

2) Design - I like the Pulsar design; Honda CBF150 is not bad but can be better.

As mentioned above, I'm riding a TA150 for the past 6yrs. No major issues faced...only wear and tear replacements like cables, CDI, relay, etc. Thus, next bike to replace TA150 will be Honda CBF150.......well unless a `better' bike comes along:D

i got this today at a shop in kembanang...

4.6k otr exclude insurance...what you guys think?

oh yea...is the max speed really 97km/h?:giddy:

Nope.. 115km/h i think.. I try it before.. went to desaru..

There is ALWAYS a Motorcycle overtaking your CAR!! DRIVERS, be sure to check ur BLINDSPOT!!

140407 - 170309 |Honda CBF150

180309 - 310812 |Honda CB400 PB1

310812 - 130416 |MaxSYM 400i

130416 - Present |Honda CB400X

• 2 weeks later...