SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Daelim Magma

Windust

Originally posted by 2B Rider@Jul 12 2005, 09:34 AM

yes very cheap, but they will tell you a lot of bad thing about your bike

( I think most of the workshop are doing the same), just ask them to do

what you want them to do, you may try to call them at 62825931

they are located in Defu lane 10.

thanks 2b rider

My FC was ~ 37km/l after install magnet at fuel line can increase up to 40km/l

drive 90++ km/h at epr way

7 yr bike :smile:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by li67@Jul 15 2005, 09:15 PM

thanks 2b rider

My FC was ~ 37km/l after install magnet at fuel line can increase up to 40km/l

drive 90++ km/h at epr way

7 yr bike :smile:

Hi li67

40km/L is very good, by the way what kind of magnet you have attached to the fuel line? how much, if you don't mind may be we can meet up some day to share our experience.

:smile:

Originally posted by 2B Rider@Jul 16 2005, 08:43 AM

HI nights,

May I ask a question.

The service technician in CKA told me that, there is no way to fine tune the engine of Magma is it true.

Tks.

In a legal way, nope but illegal means, yes.

e.g. Big bore kit, Sharp cam shaft, Exhaust system & etc.

All measures must be co-ordinated individually with the individual

case. A sample solution for pistons, Cylinder, Head seal or cam shaft does not give it as well as at all. Who uses achievement-increasing components, that must think particularly also of the fine tuning of the engine. Each machine, even resemble type of building, is different! And that becomes completely fast an expensive affair.

Daelim Magma as accord to the specification can acheived up to 105kph thus if your bike is alreadt acheiving the stated speed, there is no tuning required unless you want to push your bike pass its limit.

The question, everyone objectively to place itself must, reads simply and simply: "are the 3-4 HP and/or. 15kph more the risk worth? And runs later really in such a way, how did I promise myself that?"

If you have no intention to upgrade to class 2A or 2 bike, it may worth a try otherwise, save up and get a bigger displacement bike unless you are a enthusiast modder like me.

:goodluck:

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

U may have some ideal from the link below

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index....showtopic=65354

any magnet(about size) with any direction u can install, the best is stronger magnet.

All the 4stoke 125cc is slow pick-up with top speed 110kph.

save up and get a bigger displacement bike after u have gain riding exp.

my magma top speed 110kph with pilion for me gd enought as transpot.

Hi to all, a newbie to here.

I've passed 2b tis yr, been going ard to view for a bike and spotted a red magma in a motorshop.

They quote me $700 for machine price, engine got a kind of pattern which is after popping for a few times, will emit a soft pop sound n then the cycle continues. This happens only in idling state, while moving off no such pattern.... so is this normal?

It seems reali cheap, I kind of feeling scare. Scare that there is something wrong wif the bike.

I dun know how to view bikes one, frm outer appearance only see the metal parts of exhaust pipes, foot rest n engine rusty. Seat is damaged n haf to be changed. Also, one of the rear signal lights has to be mended back as it is dropping out.

Alot of dust covered on the bike body though which cause me to hestitate but the motorshop uncle says tis bike's owner only take veri gd care of the engine, he changes engine oil every 1.5 mth. As for the maintainence of the outer appearance he didn't bother, that's why dirty n rusty.

U think I shld believe? Help pls.

Whenever u sits on a bike, think back of the ones u love.... Cause they would be waiting for u to start dinner.... Keep that in mind every minute on the road... You are to get back home safe n sound in one piece...Bless all riders on the road!

Originally posted by growingup@Jul 20 2005, 01:13 PM

I've passed 2b tis yr, been going ard to view for a bike and spotted a red magma in a motorshop.

They quote me $700 for machine price, engine got a kind of pattern which is after popping for a few times, will emit a soft pop sound n then the cycle continues. This happens only in idling state, while moving off no such pattern.... so is this normal?

It seems reali cheap, I kind of feeling scare. Scare that there is something wrong wif the bike.

I dun know how to view bikes one, frm outer appearance only see the metal parts of exhaust pipes, foot rest n engine rusty. Seat is damaged n haf to be changed. Also, one of the rear signal lights has to be mended back as it is dropping out.

Alot of dust covered on the bike body though which cause me to hestitate but the motorshop uncle says tis bike's owner only take veri gd care of the engine, he changes engine oil every 1.5 mth. As for the maintainence of the outer appearance he didn't bother, that's why dirty n rusty.

Hi friend, if you are looking for a magma, you may take a look for this one.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/classifieds/...hp?siteid=14265

just saw this ad. today it looks good from the photo.:smile:

Originally posted by growingup@Jul 20 2005, 01:13 PM

I got my Magma in 2001 for only $800 in good condition without the need to repair anything thus I find $700 of your stated condition is too unreasonable.

I Got mine@$800.3 weeks ago - engine smooth, only a bit of rust at the exhaust pipes, after I used metal polish to polish the rusty parts, I managed to clean up 70% of the rust, this bike is very very good in fuel comsumtion, today I pumped 7.7 litter to the tank, and the meter shows I have traveled 307km, which is around 39.8km/L, becareful for the irregular sound from the engine and the gear box. you may need to pay a lot of money for repair.:smile:

Originally posted by li67@Apr 21 2005, 01:30 PM

:cheer: :cheer:

Is a good bike i have riding 3 and half year bought 2rd hand from open market.

:thumb: :thumb:

The only problem of this bike is exhaust pipe corrosion from internally, To solve this problem make sure the drain hole of the pipe never chock and pour some 4t into pipe every one or 2 week.

Hi li67,

do you mind to tell me how and where to put 4t oil to the exhaust pipes?

you mean 4t oil is it normal engine oil?

To 2B rider:

Errr.... I've tested the bike. Engine is ok and no strange sound heard from the gear box. Thanks for telling me. By the way, where can I get the magnets that help saved fuel? From what I saw in tis forum, placing magnets can help in fuel consumption as well as removin impurities. I wanna try out on my bike, going to collect it on saturday. Cheers! :cheer:

Whenever u sits on a bike, think back of the ones u love.... Cause they would be waiting for u to start dinner.... Keep that in mind every minute on the road... You are to get back home safe n sound in one piece...Bless all riders on the road!

Originally posted by 2B Rider@Jul 21 2005, 03:57 PM

I Got mine@$800.3 weeks ago - engine smooth, only a bit of rust at the exhaust pipes, after I used metal polish to polish the rusty parts, I managed to clean up 70% of the rust, this bike is very very good in fuel comsumtion, today I pumped 7.7 litter to the tank, and the meter shows I have traveled 307km, which is around 39.8km/L, becareful for the irregular sound from the engine and the gear box. you may need to pay a lot of money for repair.:smile:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

magma got so hiong mehz...

39.8km/l

i riding daystar at most 28 - 30km/l lehz...

wat did ya do to the bike??

2004-2005 NSR SP/Daystar

2005-2006 Daystar/WR200/ Integra

2006-2009 Bajaj/Daystar/WR200/ Integra

2009-2011 Bajaj/B-bone/WR200/ Integra

2011-Current Bajaj/B-bone/Integra

Originally posted by ^manowar^@Jul 21 2005, 11:28 PM

39.8km/l

Something must be wrong with your Daystar!? Even my Daystar can hit 40km/L in stock condition.

Originally posted by ^manowar^@Jul 21 2005, 11:28 PM

39.8km/l

HI manowar,

Yes, its true, I managed to clock 39.8km/L with no modification with my bike.

I'm now using SPC RON95 petrol, always keep in speed limit ~80km/h thats all:smile:

anything more then 90km/h will brun much more fuel.

By the way,I suggest you send you daystar for checking. according to Nights, Daystar should

clock ~40km/L or even more. do you rev. you engine a lot? I personally like Daystar more

then Magma. but which is out of my buget, thats why I took the magam.:cheeky:

Originally posted by growingup@Jul 21 2005, 10:28 PM

To 2B rider:

Errr.... I've tested the bike. Engine is ok and no strange sound heard from the gear box. Thanks for telling me. By the way, where can I get the magnets that help saved fuel? From what I saw in tis forum, placing magnets can help in fuel consumption as well as removin impurities. I wanna try out on my bike, going to collect it on saturday. Cheers! :cheer:

Congratulation for getting you bike this saturday, how much do you pay for it? $700?

for the magnets You may try to contact this guy (referring to the following link)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index....showtopic=65354

I spoke to him over the phone, haven't get the magnets from him yet, he is a friendly guy.

Originally posted by nights@Jul 22 2005, 01:22 AM

Something must be wrong with your Daystar!? Even my Daystar can hit 40km/L in stock condition.

wah so fierce ah..

hmmmm..think really muz get my bike checked liaoz...

2004-2005 NSR SP/Daystar

Originally posted by ^manowar^@Jul 22 2005, 10:29 AM

wah so fierce ah..

hmmmm..think really muz get my bike checked liaoz...

No offence ^manowar^. As a fellow biker, I hate to see one can still enjoy his bike so much when it is showing some bad symptom unknowingly. And god know how much you have spend on petrol already, do bring your bike for a check. If you need a recommendation, it would be Roy from Choongkok at Kaki Bukit.

Originally posted by nights@Jul 22 2005, 06:06 PM

No offence ^manowar^. As a fellow biker, I hate to see one can still enjoy his bike so much when it is showing some bad symptom unknowingly. And god know how much you have spend on petrol already, do bring your bike for a check. If you need a recommendation, it would be Roy from Choongkok at Kaki Bukit.

??

i oso go to roy lehz..

i do all my things wif him..

anyway i think prob i use more petrol cis coz i did some stuff wif my pipe..

:sweat:

but then again its abit too much diff lehz..

i juz send to him for carb wash...

he say my bike is gd lehz..

nth wrong...

:confused:

2004-2005 NSR SP/Daystar

Check with him on fuel consumption...see if tuning is necessary cos if the petrol is too lean, he won't know it. It just a short work on the air/fuel ratio so no harm to give him a visit again.

Originally posted by 2B Rider@Jul 21 2005, 04:17 PM

Hi li67,

do you mind to tell me how and where to put 4t oil to the exhaust pipes?

you mean 4t oil is it normal engine oil?

Put used EO into exhaust hole. note will cause white smoke so purge out

some before ride.

Originally posted by nights@Jul 23 2005, 08:36 AM

Check with him on fuel consumption...see if tuning is necessary cos if the petrol is too lean, he won't know it. It just a short work on the air/fuel ratio so no harm to give him a visit again.

okok..

i will getting it checked today...

btw do u know where i can get fog lights my daystar??

wanna get those rectangle ones like those in cars to put at the bottom of my engine guard...

2004-2005 NSR SP/Daystar

Originally posted by ^manowar^@Jul 25 2005, 10:52 AM

okok..

i will getting it checked today...

btw do u know where i can get fog lights my daystar??

wanna get those rectangle ones like those in cars to put at the bottom of my engine guard...

Either you can get one with lightbar from Choongkok, check with Roy on this as I got mine from there previously for my Daystar though the ones they have are used and abit rusty so you will need to perform some cleaning work before getting them to fit on for you.

OR

Motorworld, Chong Aik, Lab, Regina and Aunties have sale of spot lamp as well.

For rectangular fog lamp, you can check out the car accessories shop at Sunshine plaza, they have a lot of varieties.