SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Mt-09

fx

Probaby brake pad is dirty. Try using pressurised air to blow off dust to clean it.

Btw, I was surprised I can start this bike right away after not using it for 20 days.

Is this common for new bike? I have to push start my previous s4 if I don't use it for one week. Even with new battery. :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probaby brake pad is dirty. Try using pressurised air to blow off dust to clean it.

Btw, I was surprised I can start this bike right away after not using it for 20 days.

Is this common for new bike? I have to push start my previous s4 if I don't use it for one week. Even with new battery. :)

noted with thanks!

20 days ah bro..wow. 1 day not riding for me miss her already..lol

fyi - started the bike and while waiting for it to warm up, saw smoke coming out but not sure from where and then this weird smell..sianz. after checking around, found out the birds just poop on my bikes right engine area. so, thought it could be due to this cause the smell does smell like ****. wash the bike up and the smoke & smell gone but after a day, the smells coming back but not that strong as per previously. the best part, an additional thing happened, now theres this rattling sound, as if something loose inside the engine. just wondering if anyone might have that weird smell or rattling sound.

am gonna pay a visit to HL this sat 1st thing in the morning.

Edited by Fariel

Keep calm and keep on riding ~

agreed on the handful part. i personally wouldnt recommend this bike for those over zealous inexperienced rider cause the torque is on the high side eventhough the bike is light & nimble. Perhaps the coming MT-07 would be a wiser choice. Just my humble opinion :)

Anyway, this 2 aftermarket MT-09 are brilliant!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/30/ugyqe5yv.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/30/usygemu8.jpg

Gianelli Steet Legal Full System from Motovation Singapore already avail!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/30/suty2ezu.jpg

BTW, Gongxi Fa Cai!

oh, the MT 07 will be coming to Sin?

1997 TZR 125 - 1998 FZ 150 - 1999 GSXR 400K - 1999 RX 100 - 2000 LC 125 - 2001 TZR 125 - 2002 CB 400 Ver S - 2006 CBR 929 - 2006 GETZ 1.4 - 2009 STEED 400 - 2016 ???

Riders ride to work. Drivers work to drive.

oh, the MT 07 will be coming to Sin?

not sure bro but its launching in Europe on March..so I was thinking that itll come to our shores a month later? We did bring in the MT-09, so why not the MT-07 :)

anyway, just back from HL and yet again, was told the rattling is normal, something to do with the valves playing. ok, so the valves decided to play after 2 mths of usage huh. went to my bike shop and was advice theres definitely something wrong and a fellow MT-09 rider had the same issue too. Shop told to me to keep on bothering HL..am definitely gonna do so!

Shame on you HL!

not sure bro but its launching in Europe on March..so I was thinking that itll come to our shores a month later? We did bring in the MT-09, so why not the MT-07 :)

anyway, just back from HL and yet again, was told the rattling is normal, something to do with the valves playing. ok, so the valves decided to play after 2 mths of usage huh. went to my bike shop and was advice theres definitely something wrong and a fellow MT-09 rider had the same issue too. Shop told to me to keep on bothering HL..am definitely gonna do so!

Shame on you HL!

Thanks for sharing. Hope ur bike's issues get resolved asap & of course under AD's warranty.

1997 TZR 125 - 1998 FZ 150 - 1999 GSXR 400K - 1999 RX 100 - 2000 LC 125 - 2001 TZR 125 - 2002 CB 400 Ver S - 2006 CBR 929 - 2006 GETZ 1.4 - 2009 STEED 400 - 2016 ???

Riders ride to work. Drivers work to drive.

Just collected mine orange blaze today...so light n nimble.nice exos note too..still on b mode for nw..hehe:cheers:

Congratz!! I love the orange colour scheme.

How much did you get it for, if you don't mind?

Thanks for sharing. Hope ur bike's issues get resolved asap & of course under AD's warranty.

thanks bro..it would have been settled if it werent for HL being lazy.

@Fariel, did the rattling happen during idle or on the move?

Could be the cam chain tensioner as mentioned in other forums.

the rattling only happen during accelarating. and ya, I believe its the cam tensioner as per mentioned in other forums..even saw a vid of it and the sound sure sound the same as mine..only mine is softer.

Ayway, anyone knows which top case is the best in terms of quality? Am planning to get Trax but heard that its easily dented.

Edited by Fariel

Muge....

I got it @19700 wif coe $2700

U guys running in till 500km or 1000km??

Sent it to HL or outside wrkshp for servicing???

welcome to the family bro! i break in till 500km only..cant wait..lol. as per servicing, i went to my bike shop for the 1st 3 service as its all free for me. HL need to pay for the items, only the labour are free -.-

anyway, enjoy your new ride bro. ride safe!

Edited by Fariel

Shame on you HL!

Gosh. that's quite upsetting. i hope it's not anything serious or a product flaw. Can we service for free at HL if we bring our own oil?

Just collected mine orange blaze today...so light n nimble.nice exos note too..still on b mode for nw..hehe:cheers:

haha congrats bro! post some pics la! i'm still waiting for mine! No updates yet tentatively end mar.. Just told my shop that i'll be okay with purple or orange.

Congratz!! I love the orange colour scheme.

How much did you get it for, if you don't mind?

I got it at a pretty good price too. Not urgent to get the bike at all so yeah. Can Pm me if interested to know about my shop.

hmmm, didnt check on that bro..whether they allow us to bring our own oil

Yes can bring your own oil. Last time no charge but now $5 for not using their oil if not wrong.

Servicing at HL warranty will be 12 months or 12,000km. Service outside warranty is only 6 months or 6,000km.

Yes can bring your own oil. Last time no charge but now $5 for not using their oil if not wrong.

Servicing at HL warranty will be 12 months or 12,000km. Service outside warranty is only 6 months or 6,000km.

oh..didnt know about the 2 types of warranty..thanks for the info.

anyway, the SR version is already in store. Theres one in the showroom with the Akra MT-09 mark exhaust installed. Didnt check on the price but did check on the SR accessories price. Full set - $2250 gross.

Was planning to get the tank shrouds but guess what, its the most expensive part which is $420 -.-

just for 2 piece of plastics and a few screws..seriously? Hope there'll be cheaper simillar aftermarket shrouds to come.

All parts need to be pre-ordered.

Akra MT-09 mark exhaust is available for pre-order too although its not street legal yet, was advice need to do some paperwork for installation. Price - $2100 gross.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/26/9yry2u8y.jpg

Edited by Fariel

oh..didnt know about the 2 types of warranty..thanks for the info.

anyway, the SR version is already in store. Theres one in the showroom with the Akra MT-09 mark exhaust installed. Didnt check on the price but did check on the SR accessories price. Full set - $2250 gross.

Was planning to get the tank shrouds but guess what, its the most expensive part which is $420 -.-

just for 2 piece of plastics and a few screws..seriously? Hope there'll be cheaper simillar aftermarket shrouds to come.

All parts need to be pre-ordered.

Akra MT-09 mark exhaust is available for pre-order too although its not street legal yet, was advice need to do some paperwork for installation. Price - $2100 gross.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/26/9yry2u8y.jpg

Bro HL stock the acc yet??wanna get the screen n myb the rear rack...any bellypan?

Akra wif mt09 emboss shd hv yamaha part no..n its definately street legal,as mention on fz09 forum..

THIS IS ANFIELD

Bro HL stock the acc yet??wanna get the screen n myb the rear rack...any bellypan?

Akra wif mt09 emboss shd hv yamaha part no..n its definately street legal,as mention on fz09 forum..

all parts need to pre-order bro. 50% deposit needed.

Err...the warranty card send by HL?or must ask frm bike shop?cos i dnt hv mine yet..

you got your bike straight from HL or another bike shop? maybe if got from HL then they'll send huh cause I didnt get the warranty card too although my bike shop claimed to have already made the req for me. So went there straight to collect.

Anyway, will be heading to Muar this coming Sat. am gonna be my 1st ever trip outside of JB area, very enthu but at the same time kinda nervous too..ahah. Do pray for our safety ya!

Any exhaust is street legal as long as it's certified to be made for the bike and complies with emission and noise standards.

once i imported a one of a kind leo vince exhaust. got a bit of paper work to do and had some inspection before it was approved. lol.

Any advise on the wat to do for the break in period.? Im collecting my bike next wed.. First time getting new bike dont know wat to do. hahaha. and my bikeshop said the servicing can only go HLcorp or their shop to do. if nt warranty will be void. is that true?