SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Mt-09

fx

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://mocoloco.com/mr/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/yamaha_mt_09_motorcycle_3.jpg

This is the much rumored, much teased new three-cylinder Yamaha. Dubbed the Yamaha MT-09, it’s just leaked in Europe courtesy of Omnimoto.it. The 847cc motor makes more power than a Street Triple.

With an engine that weighs 22lbs less than the Yamaha FZ8 and using a die-cast aluminum frame, Omnimoto.it reports that the MT-09 weighs just 376lbs (dry). The Yamaha is said to develop 113bhp. MCN reports that the engine makes 62lb-ft of torque.

The three-cylinder motor is also reported to be quite innovative, featuring both a balancer shaft and a crossplane crank, leading to a smooth 0º, 240º and 480º firing order. Different length intakes are used for each cylinder and the throttles are ride-by-wire, meaning the MT-09 features three switchable engine maps.

Suspension is reported to be by fully-adjustable, 41mm, USD forks at the front and a fully-adjustable, horizontal monoshock at the rear. Brakes are radial items that appear similar to those used on both the R1 and R6.

A digital dash rounds out the futuristic package.

#ShutUp_and_Ride

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

going to sell like hot cakes man.....hope its 20K OTR. Thanks to the fuel tank,( 200km range ) its likely gonna be a powerful class 2 for for mainly SG use.

1997 TZR 125 - 1998 FZ 150 - 1999 GSXR 400K - 1999 RX 100 - 2000 LC 125 - 2001 TZR 125 - 2002 CB 400 Ver S - 2006 CBR 929 - 2006 GETZ 1.4 - 2009 STEED 400 - 2016 ???

Riders ride to work. Drivers work to drive.

Yep, that's my guess also. As MT09 is 1k euro less than FZ8 which sells here at 22k. So by ratio should be 20k. Think as long as AD bring, wont be too bad. The severely marked up ones are those that AD don't bring BUT PI bring. So u have to pay to be "special".

1997 TZR 125 - 1998 FZ 150 - 1999 GSXR 400K - 1999 RX 100 - 2000 LC 125 - 2001 TZR 125 - 2002 CB 400 Ver S - 2006 CBR 929 - 2006 GETZ 1.4 - 2009 STEED 400 - 2016 ???

Riders ride to work. Drivers work to drive.

• 1 month later...

Regards,

kifakw

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car

and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,

torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Where is this? I just collected mine yesterday, matte grey.

I wanted black color with gold fork, but couldn't wait .

Matte grey looks good too :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

In stop and start traffic it could reach 100°. But it's bearable.

The bike is very nimble. I've only had it for two days .. so I'll reserve further opinion for later :).

I'm the first one riding this bike in sg. So I'm savouring the exclusivity hahah :D

I got it for S$18500 + insurance.

Price very reasonable. i guess because yen drop and bike price down too! nice bike!

Current Ride:

W650 Cafe Racer

FXSTC Softail Custom

TW200 Tracker

Zephyr ZII Custom

CB750K

CB400four

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n166/sgstreetbiker/IMG_0627_zps0816850b.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n166/sgstreetbiker/EBC0B2D1-5DB8-412B-BE85-D4E7DE4F0247-9859-000001DA1BB41B2E.jpg

@gnesnah thanks.

I was initially put off by the 14 lt tank. I was considering fz1s, but the range for 1 tank is almost similar.

So I went for newer technology and a triple to boot. I snatched the display bike at hong leong :D

poison you!

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/12/05/akrapovic-yamaha-fz-09-racing-line-exhaust/

they said that the engine is a gem, suspension is setup abit soft on factory settings; perhaps because it is adjusted towards an asian

some say the seat is comfortable for long hours, where some say the seat is uncomfortable.

what's your opinion?

Regards,

kifakw

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car

and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,

torque is how far you take the wall with you.

I going Hong Leong this Sat, so there won't be any MT-09 on display there?

I currently riding FZ1N. MT-09 smaller tank, same range therefore better FC.

No, I don't think so. Their next shipment will be mid or end jan if I'm not mistaken. Due to year end holidays.

Hahaha ..

100° is the coolant temp, not ur seat temp. So it will not cook ur balls unless you put it inside coolant reservoir :D

Very minimal underseat storage.