SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda New 400cc lineup 2013, CB400F, CB400X, CBR400R

poorboii

looks like i have to wait for cbr6. who else have no faith in a parallel twin vs inline 4?

that depends on exactly what you want.

if you want a powerful hardcore 'true sportsbike' in 600cc, then yeah inline4 is the way to go. the engine will consume petrol like crazy and you'll be forced to 'chase the revs' to extract the power fully. but thats what you live with for a hardcore true sportsbike, and plenty of people want hardcore. i know i did last time.

but what if there are people who decide "I want a 'sporty' bike, no need so hardcore, better fuel consumption, and dowan chase the revs i'll be happy as long as it gives good strong consistent power for urban riding and expressway"? then a bike like the cbr6 becomes too hardcore. a parallel twin fits such people much better.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/689/siggyyy.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/203/hsmj.jpg

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aftermarket stuff did not pass thru any of their test or verification to prove that it is reliable, if the brake hose gave way and rider met with an accident, who do you think the public will point the finger towards?

What tests are they capable of doing?

They would just give stupid excuses.

Like 'modified exhausts will increase the power of the bike that the brakes cannot handle'.

Have they made calculation how much force the particular brakes can handle?

Or what if u say then just modify the brakes as well?

Then will then surely defecate another excuse. And so on.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4081/4931040347_0bda87b07d_b.jpg

The only intensive study they will ever make is on how to rob more of your money, end of story. I don't see why anyone should sympathise with them. You could just conform to international standards and don't act like you understand about safety standards. For example, PSB vs Dot/Snell.

They're yaya papapya asswholes.

Remember last time fullface were illegal..

Well maybe last tym was not them.. but its same hole with a different name.. haha

Well I love the Fuel effiency of the parallel twin and for everyday point a to b in crowded singapore yeah it's the way to go,If u love raw power to the core then should go for inline or V 4.No harm owning one at least better than some 250/390/400/500/690 cc single cylinder right?As for me now my Gladius 400 already been to Penang without any fuss.

Klass 2,3,4 i shiny Professional'noye litsenziya

1993:Class 2B-Yamaha RXK/RXZ/TZR125RR/SDR200/WR200-Aprilia RS125R-Kawasaki KRR150ZX(Former)

2000:Class 3-Honda Civic 1.6esi(Former)Proton Exora 1.6Turbo(Current)

2004:Bus Driver Vocational License

2009:Class 4

2011:Class 2A-Aprilia RS250-Honda CB400SF PB1-KTM250EXC(Former)Yamaha XJR400R(Current)

2013:Class 2-Suzuki B-King 1300(Former)

Shouldn't an in-line 4 have more torque? :confused:

Cheers! :angel:

dun confuse bro.

take two engines of same capacity, if you use more cylinders typically you get more power but less torque. if you take a 1000cc inline4 and a 1000cc parallel or v twin, the inline4 likely will produce more peak power but the twin will have more torque.

the problem is that when comparing two bikes of 4-cyl and 2-cyl in the same category, they are rarely same cc.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/689/siggyyy.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/203/hsmj.jpg

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

As for me now my Gladius 400 already been to Penang without any fuss.

eh theres a 400 Gladius? V-twin?

Well I love the Fuel effiency of the parallel twin and for everyday point a to b in crowded singapore yeah it's the way to go,If u love raw power to the core then should go for inline or V 4.No harm owning one at least better than some 250/390/400/500/690 cc single cylinder right?As for me now my Gladius 400 already been to Penang without any fuss.

Single cylinders make very good street bikes what, more torque than a parallel twin, instant power from the throttle, just not as much top end but they are nimble cuz they are light. A matter of whether you can live with the vibration or not.

eh theres a 400 Gladius? V-twin?

Have...eh dunno 400 or 600, gave chase to one before. Looks futuristic.

Anyway, sport bikes never make good street bikes nor everyday bikes, I rather source for a side bike than ride that sport bike day to day, unnecessary wear and tear imo, if you adopt the proper position of a sportsbike, you'll get back pain if you ride on a daily basis.

You could ride like ah bengs on RVFs with their arms fully straighten hahahah.

dun confuse bro.

take two engines of same capacity, if you use more cylinders typically you get more power but less torque. if you take a 1000cc inline4 and a 1000cc parallel or v twin, the inline4 likely will produce more peak power but the twin will have more torque.

the problem is that when comparing two bikes of 4-cyl and 2-cyl in the same category, they are rarely same cc.

Many thanks for the teaching. I appreaciate it, bro! :bow: nows i know...

ok, if 2 valves vs. 4 valves. the difference is torque or power?

How about sohc vs. dohc? :confused:

Cheers! :angel:

Goodee hor hot goodee... Mat witz sebastian! :p

What tests are they capable of doing?

They would just give stupid excuses.

Like 'modified exhausts will increase the power of the bike that the brakes cannot handle'.

Have they made calculation how much force the particular brakes can handle?

Or what if u say then just modify the brakes as well?

Then will then surely defecate another excuse. And so on.

Not as easy as what you are thinking, are you aware that brakes that are over effective will fail the inspection test as well?

BTW, if you have the time & money then I think it's still possible to approve your requests for your aftermarket parts to be fitted subjected to LTA test and approval if it's within their specification just like road legal exhuast.

Not as easy as what you are thinking, are you aware that brakes that are over effective will fail the inspection test as well?

BTW, if you have the time & money then I think it's still possible to approve your requests for your aftermarket parts to be fitted subjected to LTA test and approval if it's within their specification just like road legal exhuast.

Over effective brakes? That makes no sense. Besides the best brakes money can buy doesn't work on the streets, so is that because its over effective or not effective?

Over effective brakes? That makes no sense. Besides the best brakes money can buy doesn't work on the streets, so is that because its over effective or not effective?

It's better for you to check with some inspection centre personally, I am not making this up.

Best ? in which aspect ? road ? track ? what is effective to you might exceed or under perform in LTA rules & regulation. You need to understand why vehicle inspection is mandatory, other than making sure the vehicle maintained it's road worthiness, it is also to make sure that the performance of each individual vehicle model stays within their specification during it's homologation test as submitted by the importer.

Their tests means s**t and their approval only means Less $$$ to pay to them.

They can take my money but not my soul! Haha.

Have...eh dunno 400 or 600, gave chase to one before. Looks futuristic.

i only know gladius is SFV650, a 650cc v-twin naked. i dont know of a 400cc version. a 400 v-twin like last time monster400 would be interesting.

It's better for you to check with some inspection centre personally, I am not making this up.

Best ? in which aspect ? road ? track ? what is effective to you might exceed or under perform in LTA rules & regulation. You need to understand why vehicle inspection is mandatory, other than making sure the vehicle maintained it's road worthiness, it is also to make sure that the performance of each individual vehicle model stays within their specification during it's homologation test as submitted by the importer.

I do, that's why I doubt the relevance of LTA's inspection criteria, its full of sh!t. Racing footrest illegal, non stock brake setup illegal, you know none of these are really a cause for accidents, main cause of accidents are stupid drivers who dunno how to drive properly, never check blindspots and tailgating.

Focusing on vehicle modifications rather than terrible driving? Its way easier to make money off vehicle modifications than errant drivers. Sometimes I think some drivers got their licenses from a damn cereal box.

i dun like how they used CBR400RR twice in the post. i cant accuse them of doing so deliberately, but i wonder if anyone would buy it genuinely thinking it is a "brand new CBR400RR".

Well, it was a typo error, anyway amended already.........

Bike Production Pte Ltd

Address: 610, Serangoon Road S(218216)

~Please call us at 63922555 regarding your enquires.

Well, it was a typo error, anyway amended already.........

Honesty is appreciated :thumb:

I do, that's why I doubt the relevance of LTA's inspection criteria, its full of sh!t. Racing footrest illegal, non stock brake setup illegal, you know none of these are really a cause for accidents, main cause of accidents are stupid drivers who dunno how to drive properly, never check blindspots and tailgating.

Focusing on vehicle modifications rather than terrible driving? Its way easier to make money off vehicle modifications than errant drivers. Sometimes I think some drivers got their licenses from a damn cereal box.

You are getting out of point frd, seems like you like to modify your ride alot and their standard of measurement is really making you angry.:p

Regarding the your view on bad driving habits, yup there are a bunch of selfish lot including bikers, don't you agree? And clamping down on illegal modification is much easier to increase the revenue then poor driving right?

You are getting out of point frd, seems like you like to modify your ride alot and their standard of measurement is really making you angry.:p

Regarding the your view on bad driving habits, yup there are a bunch of selfish lot including bikers, don't you agree? And clamping down on illegal modification is much easier to increase the revenue then poor driving right?

Who wouldn't be angry when its your money they are after just because you replaced your malfunctioning stock with aftermarket because its cheaper? I don't have to modify alot to be pissed with the government. If you're happy with them, whatever floats your boat.

You have selfish lot with either bikes or cars, difference is riders usually just kill themselves, drivers kill everyone but themselves. Period.

Believe better to get back on topic, the only way we'll see change in Singapore would be to stop using politicians from PAP stock, they seem to have a manufacturing flaw with their politicians.

have yet to see any otr. only seen it being displayed in shops. anyway, there might be changes just like the Ninja 300 which Evershine initially said that LTA disapprove

I also saw the bike @ Speedway. And also 1 unit out on the road together with MY NEW cbr400 last weeks. Can go SPeedway and get more info.. ^_^:cheeky:

I also saw the bike @ Speedway. And also 1 unit out on the road together with MY NEW cbr400 last weeks. Can go SPeedway and get more info.. ^_^:cheeky:

Looking forward to seeing the new 400x in person. Any idea how much OTR it will be? I don't think it should be difficult servicing a Honda, even though it is a PI