SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda New 400cc lineup 2013, CB400F, CB400X, CBR400R

poorboii

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i only know gladius is SFV650, a 650cc v-twin naked. i dont know of a 400cc version. a 400 v-twin like last time monster400 would be interesting.

Gladus 400 is a 400cc V-Twin which is JDM-only. Same goes with the new GSR-400 which will never see light outside Japan.

Gladus 400 is a 400cc V-Twin which is JDM-only. Same goes with the new GSR-400 which will never see light outside Japan.

i know the gsr400 exists, even that it was imported in singapore.

but i never knew there was a gladius 400, much less that it was imported into singapore. dam if i had known there was a v-twin 400cc it would have been a consideration.....

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/689/siggyyy.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/203/hsmj.jpg

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

Who wouldn't be angry when its your money they are after just because you replaced your malfunctioning stock with aftermarket because its cheaper? I don't have to modify alot to be pissed with the government. If you're happy with them, whatever floats your boat.

You have selfish lot with either bikes or cars, difference is riders usually just kill themselves, drivers kill everyone but themselves. Period.

Believe better to get back on topic, the only way we'll see change in Singapore would be to stop using politicians from PAP stock, they seem to have a manufacturing flaw with their politicians.

Happy with them ? Not really, just that all system needs a standard to maintain and account to the public.

Bikers also do cause accident thru their lane splitting and get away scott free leaving drivers to clear up the mess don't you agree? There are just too many to mention and I don't wish to start any statistic comparision.

Happy with them ? Not really, just that all system needs a standard to maintain and account to the public.

Bikers also do cause accident thru their lane splitting and get away scott free leaving drivers to clear up the mess don't you agree? There are just too many to mention and I don't wish to start any statistic comparision.

Its the general attitude of road users here, regardless of what they ride, drive. This mentality that others do not matter. We might have first world class infrastructure but the mentality has a long way to go ...

I was riding a bicycle in Japan and even without a helmet , I never felt it was dangerous. Not only did the car drivers give way, but they bow their head while doing it. Same for bicycle riders towards pedestrians.

Here, I would not even think of riding anywhere without a helmet and I consider other cyclists just as dangerous as the cars.

As for LTA and other government agencies, I do not think they are driven by $$ unless you are talking about Temasek Holdings and the like. The problem is an ultra conservative and over zealous attitude in trying to decide for us what is right and wrong. Whether it is about what movies you are allowed to watch or what kind of bike you can ride. There is such a narrow minded view about everything they do that they will not change and improve on the way they work unless higher ranks force it upon them. Our 3-tiered licensing system is one example. When I suggested to them to change the classification of motorbikes to be based on hp rather than cc like Europe did, their answer was: this is what we have been doing for a long time and blah blah .... . And most of them have probably never been on a bike before.

Its the general attitude of road users here, regardless of what they ride, drive. This mentality that others do not matter. We might have first world class infrastructure but the mentality has a long way to go ...

I was riding a bicycle in Japan and even without a helmet , I never felt it was dangerous. Not only did the car drivers give way, but they bow their head while doing it. Same for bicycle riders towards pedestrians.

Here, I would not even think of riding anywhere without a helmet and I consider other cyclists just as dangerous as the cars.

As for LTA and other government agencies, I do not think they are driven by $$ unless you are talking about Temasek Holdings and the like. The problem is an ultra conservative and over zealous attitude in trying to decide for us what is right and wrong. Whether it is about what movies you are allowed to watch or what kind of bike you can ride. There is such a narrow minded view about everything they do that they will not change and improve on the way they work unless higher ranks force it upon them. Our 3-tiered licensing system is one example. When I suggested to them to change the classification of motorbikes to be based on hp rather than cc like Europe did, their answer was: this is what we have been doing for a long time and blah blah .... . And most of them have probably never been on a bike before.

Good posting :thumb:

As for LTA and other government agencies, I do not think they are driven by $$ unless you are talking about Temasek Holdings and the like. The problem is an ultra conservative and over zealous attitude in trying to decide for us what is right and wrong.

i rather not join the heated off-topic discussion, but i completely agree. the idea that our authorities deliberately want to suck our money thru fines and admin fees is ridiculous. With the exception of COE, you really think traffic or modification fines and such give them significant revenue? thats peanuts compared to what Temasek Holdings and such bring in.

the idea that our authorities do things just to take our money is a convenient excuse by die-hard anti-gahment types who will not discuss things objectively.

Go to Unique Motorsports' thread and look at their huge list of aftermarket pipes approved by LTA, including full systems. some former high ranking person-in-charge must have been a really objective and logical person to decide that if the pipes are properly certified and tested, they can be approved for use. unfortunately that person must have moved on in his career and replaced by a closed-minded old-fashioned stubborn d1ckhead going by the things forumers claim to fail inspection for.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/689/siggyyy.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/203/hsmj.jpg

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

I really don't see how we cause accidents by lane spliting, if anything you lane split to avoid it. I don't think the govt accounts to the public either, they didn't reveal the billions lost by Temasek Holdings now did they. Well this could go on forever and see no end, for all I'm concerned, I'm not the one gaining from it.

I really don't see how we cause accidents by lane spliting, if anything you lane split to avoid it. I don't think the govt accounts to the public either, they didn't reveal the billions lost by Temasek Holdings now did they. Well this could go on forever and see no end, for all I'm concerned, I'm not the one gaining from it.

Just try BKE or AYE to experience your so call 'legal' lane splitting act, BTW I out of this topic.

No point echoing public resentment and it's got nothing to do with this discussion.

:clap:

Just try BKE or AYE to experience your so call 'legal' lane splitting act, BTW I out of this topic.

No point echoing public resentment and it's got nothing to do with this discussion.

:clap:

Every day I go thru BKE, on peak, off peak, weekdays, weekends, I still don't get it. You see bus drivers on extreme right, you see taxis going by road shoulders. As long you drivers signal and stop being so fickle which lane to take.

I don't do what JB riders do nor do the TP/LTA go after them.

Every day I go thru BKE, on peak, off peak, weekdays, weekends, I still don't get it. You see bus drivers on extreme right, you see taxis going by road shoulders. As long you drivers signal and stop being so fickle which lane to take.

I don't do what JB riders do nor do the TP/LTA go after them.

Don't assume I drive only.

maybe boon siew is waiting to bring in the original 500cc versions. we make so much hoo-ha about the 400s but are the 500s also in the shops?

I don't think it would make sense bringing in the 500cc variant due to our license structure. In fact, if we have better class 2a bike options, perhaps many won't even be bothered to take class 2.

that would be unfortunate, because like i keep saying over again, the bike is originally a body designed with the 500cc twin. the 400 has its stroke shortened, resuting in same body with a bit less power and a lot less torque.

if there are people buying the nc700 series, then there will be people buying the 500 variants of the CB parallel twin series, coz its even cheaper and even better mileage than the nc700.

maybe boon siew is waiting to bring in the original 500cc versions. we make so much hoo-ha about the 400s but are the 500s also in the shops?

saw cbr500r at speedway too

18/10/07 - 19/08/08 : Honda NSR150 SP

21/08/08 - 24/09/09 : Honda Wave S 125

02/10/09 - 22/02/12 : Yamaha X1-R

09/04/12 - 13/02/15 : Kawasaki Ninja 250R

24/12/14 - 24/02/16 : Honda Wave R 125

29/06/16 : Honda MSX 125

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/edalpha/DSC00291-1.jpg

Any rider reviews yet for these bikes? Bike Prod and SpeedWay have them available already and u can call them for price.

I would expect Boon Siew to bring these soon. If they don't, they would be making a big mistake I think.

My source told me they currently do not have plan to bring in these model.

that would be unfortunate, because like i keep saying over again, the bike is originally a body designed with the 500cc twin. the 400 has its stroke shortened, resuting in same body with a bit less power and a lot less torque.

if there are people buying the nc700 series, then there will be people buying the 500 variants of the CB parallel twin series, coz its even cheaper and even better mileage than the nc700.

Agree - the global forums are abuzz with folks looking for cost-effective rides and the 500 variants fit smack in the picture. It's just that here in SG, the folks who are looking for a cost effective solution would stick to a 2A equivalent, or move to the nc700-s. The 500s sort of sit in no-man's land, at least as far as my 2 cents is concerned. Most of the folks with class 2 rides are in it for the passion, the commuters and cost-conscious folks would best be served with a bigger variety of class 2a bikes, just like how it is now in Japan.

Just called speedway.. was quoted 15.8k otr w/o insurance...

What you guys think?

that price can buy 600cc like xj6, fazer600. but it is still around the same price as super4 revo. depends if u are good with 400cc. spend abit more can get great class 2 bikes.