SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Jade@May 17 2006, 10:31 AM

Oh yeah! I stay in Holland V! How u know ah?

hart, who rides SV400 parks at the same carpark as you, and he has told me about your yellow monster and the adidas bags before!

http://home2.pacific.net.sg/~hwee_li/avatar/vespa.gif

rehdeer,

What were you wearing on that day??? The officer sounded so polite hehe.

Jess,

Going to the workshop for UPGRADES would be a different story. Sure exicted and happy. So you riding your F4 while your M600 is at KC?

Thanks Jade, can't wait to see the bags :) BTW you can change your signal lights to the tiny arrow-head pattern ones like mine (ex-owner changed them). They are tiny but very bright and looks nicer than the original onesb . I saw them at MotoWorld.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/5800/dsc079667ki.th.jpg

c26492.jpg

Originally posted by Jade@May 16 2006, 05:47 PM

Haha... indeed, it's been quite a while!

Sighh... my front, right signal light is broken liao. Need to go buy.... B4 CNY, had to change my left, now my right. Rubber decaying, i suppose?

Meet up, when?

Up to you; the railway station after work? Would love to see what you have done with the Addidas bags.

Change the signals to the aftermarket ones. The newer model signals (the oval ones) tend to break when the rubber becomes brittle with age and cos' the lamp unit is heavy. Cost a bit too, the original from Ducati is something like $36 per signal, compared with $24 for a PAIR of arrow shaped ones, which are bright, ARROWdynamic (haha .. get it?) and stylish.

a bit of trivia, the pre-2000 Monster shares the same signals as the BMW F650!

Cheers

Cat

... what you looking at? Never seen a cow that wants to go places ????! ...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f254/bikermeow/Miscellaneous/cow4uz.jpg

thks, Yohji ..... yes, my ex-baby is now in excellent hands, in fact much better hands than mine ..... yohji here is a real bike lover.

Yohji ... long time no see; muz go riding with you again one of these days.

Cheers

Cat

... what you looking at? Never seen a cow that wants to go places ????! ...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f254/bikermeow/Miscellaneous/cow4uz.jpg

Originally posted by coolcat@May 17 2006, 08:53 PM

Up to you; the railway station after work? Would love to see what you have done with the Addidas bags.

eh, meet up never jio the rest!

how about a meetup for the monster riders? it would be fun to ride together :smile:

Originally posted by yohji@May 17 2006, 08:27 PM

rehdeer,

What were you wearing on that day??? The officer sounded so polite hehe.

Jess,

Going to the workshop for UPGRADES would be a different story. Sure exicted and happy. So you riding your F4 while your M600 is at KC?

Thanks Jade, can't wait to see the bags :) BTW you can change your signal lights to the tiny arrow-head pattern ones like mine (ex-owner changed them). They are tiny but very bright and looks nicer than the original onesb . I saw them at MotoWorld.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/5800/dsc079667ki.th.jpg

Yohji,

Errr... I cant find the guts to ride her at the moment..... must go medical hall to find "Pao Zi Dan" to boost my courage :sweat:

:help:

http://www.mvagusta.com.au/welcome/images/F4CC1.jpg

Guest Jade
Originally posted by rehdeer@May 17 2006, 06:04 PM

hart, who rides SV400 parks at the same carpark as you, and he has told me about your yellow monster and the adidas bags before!

Oh... I see! haha.. small world! :smile:

Guest Jade

aiyaa..... I bought the original signal light and changed liao loh!! Too late! Never mind, next time it breaks again, will try some others.

Nice signal lights, Yohji!

:lovestruck:

Yeah, we can arrange for a meeting at railway, will be nice to meet up! Weeknights will be good, except Thursdays and Fridays.

rehdeer, oooo kinky!!

So rehdeer,

you need to carry on wearing the same thing if you feel like chatting with them again haha.

Jade,

nice hor the signals, coolcat got good taste. You fixed the signals already so fast. Nevermind, next time then change (touch wood).

Jess,

F4 is really so hard to ride? But how come you bought it? Or someone gave it to you as a gift?? Wow ..

coolcat,

I will join you guys for the next short trip, maybe to Malacca or nearer. Really cannot tahan long distance on this bike (e.g. going to Cameron - but the mountain twisties were great!)

Where will be a nice place to ride around in Singapore for the whole group of us? With twisties and low traffic (traffic police too)? Lim Chu Kang? But going at night is eeriiee and we might disturb the "residents" there with our naturally LOUD pipes.

c26492.jpg

Originally posted by yohji@May 18 2006, 08:25 PM

Where will be a nice place to ride around in Singapore for the whole group of us? With twisties and low traffic (traffic police too)? Lim Chu Kang? But going at night is eeriiee and we might disturb the "residents" there with our naturally LOUD pipes.

HAHA I was just kidding about bareback and miniskirt. That day i was in demin jacket and demin jeans lah!

I have joined some harleys who meet up Friday nights to ride around the island. We can do the same. Maybe meet up at Yishun Dam and then ride out together.

Originally posted by dark_monster@May 18 2006, 08:59 PM

hmm...i wonder what had happen to that green stuff for washing bike? Nobody interested to share or too busy to get them.

Okie I admit it.

1st I mention I am very free and can go grab them and split it out for some of us here to share. 2nd I am not sure which exact item to get after visiting the site. 3rd and last, i start with a new shitty job and salary is damn desperate low. So I have to work on 2 jobs to survive.

Sorry people.

Anybody else here can volunteer and get the greeny stuff? I have not wash the bike or wipe of the dust for more than 3 weeks!

Cheers!

Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.

Originally posted by yohji@May 18 2006, 08:25 PM

So rehdeer,

you need to carry on wearing the same thing if you feel like chatting with them again haha.

Jade,

nice hor the signals, coolcat got good taste. You fixed the signals already so fast. Nevermind, next time then change (touch wood).

Jess,

F4 is really so hard to ride? But how come you bought it? Or someone gave it to you as a gift?? Wow ..

coolcat,

I will join you guys for the next short trip, maybe to Malacca or nearer. Really cannot tahan long distance on this bike (e.g. going to Cameron - but the mountain twisties were great!)

Yohji,

Well, to me its a challenge coz I have yet to overcome the pressure tat I mite drop her...:sweat:

Gift??? Yap! U r so smart, except tat she's a birthday present tat I bought for myself......:cheeky: Never bought anyting tat expensive as a birthday present till date....:sweat:

Hi all, i have just bought a monster and am looking forward to some gathering to share tips on the bike. It would be nice if we could all gather for coffee maybe @ the railway station one evening. Can any older birds volunteer to call for a gathering??? :cheer:

Originally posted by fc3s1@May 20 2006, 04:45 PM

Hi all, i have just bought a monster and am looking forward to some gathering to share tips on the bike. It would be nice if we could all gather for coffee maybe @ the railway station one evening. Can any older birds volunteer to call for a gathering??? :cheer:

Count me in if there is any outing:cheer: :cheer:

Originally posted by Jess1717@May 20 2006, 11:36 AM

Well, to me its a challenge coz I have yet to overcome the pressure tat I mite drop her...:sweat:

Guess most ppl will have that kind of pressure especially for brand new bike that cost a bomb.

For me there's additional pressure cos very 'lao kui' if drop the bike at public places where there's alot of ppl looking at you and the bike suddenly became too heavy to lift and you have to ask passer by for help. Real sweat man. That's why always wear full face helmet cos at least ppl can't see your face ha.

Originally posted by dark_monster@May 21 2006, 10:22 AM

Guess most ppl will have that kind of pressure especially for brand new bike that cost a bomb.

For me there's additional pressure cos very 'lao kui' if drop the bike at public places where there's alot of ppl looking at you and the bike suddenly became too heavy to lift and you have to ask passer by for help. Real sweat man. That's why always wear full face helmet cos at least ppl can't see your face ha.

Hmm.... tot wearing FF is for protection... so tat is the reason ah :lol:

Well, have dropped my bike at a cross-junction & u r damm rite.... its so "lao kui" when many ppl watching u how u gona push up the bike ....:sweat:

At the end of the day, I have some kind ppl helping me to push her up instead....:sweat:

So......malu.....:help:

rehdeer

So meet at Yishun dam then go where after that? Don't go PIE and CTE okay. Must go some "country" twisty roads hehe (think of all the deserted places that you went dating last time). And now I have a phobia of CTE because one of our Monster brothers has been fined by ROV on the CTE for his pipes. Met him at KC last week.

Jess

Did you buy your F4 brand new? So you don't ride the bike at all? Should at least ride in the car park once a week to keep the battery alive hehe. Wear FF is for protection AND save face (from the road's surface and from being ma-lu) when needed! I thought the riding schools teaches how to pick up a class2 bike? Is it really useful when the need arises (touch wood)?

vince

Glad to know that you found a job. Nevermind if the pay isn't so good. At least get some income to feed your hungry Monster first heh. I guess we'll just go get our own Simple Green. Or we can organise a ride there to get it ourselves (everyone pay their own, better and less troublesome).

Jade

Thanks for the pictures! The 2nd picture looks abit funny. Your Monster kena flattened heh. The Addidas bags look so cute! So tiny! I was expecting something bigger. So what do you squeeze inside them? Rain coat, bike cover?

Hi fc3s1

Congratulations to you! First, may I ask, what does fc3s1 stand for? Hehe.

Finally, one very important question to ask all of you. Is it possible to "disable" the reserve fuel sensor/light if I serviced my carb and change my throttle cables?? Cos after did those at KC, I find that my reserve light didn't come on. I was already at 270km (usually the reserve comes on at 260km). Or could it be my mileage increased after servicing the carbs?? I certainly hope so! To play safe, I didn't wait for the light to come on and went to pump full tank straight away in case the reserve fuel light is really "disabled".

c26492.jpg

Originally posted by yohji@May 23 2006, 08:58 PM

rehdeer

So meet at Yishun dam then go where after that? Don't go PIE and CTE okay. Must go some "country" twisty roads hehe (think of all the deserted places that you went dating last time). And now I have a phobia of CTE because one of our Monster brothers has been fined by ROV on the CTE for his pipes. Met him at KC last week.

Jess

Did you buy your F4 brand new? So you don't ride the bike at all? Should at least ride in the car park once a week to keep the battery alive hehe. Wear FF is for protection AND save face (from the road's surface and from being ma-lu) when needed! I thought the riding schools teaches how to pick up a class2 bike? Is it really useful when the need arises (touch wood)?

vince

Glad to know that you found a job. Nevermind if the pay isn't so good. At least get some income to feed your hungry Monster first heh. I guess we'll just go get our own Simple Green. Or we can organise a ride there to get it ourselves (everyone pay their own, better and less troublesome).

Jade

Thanks for the pictures! The 2nd picture looks abit funny. Your Monster kena flattened heh. The Addidas bags look so cute! So tiny! I was expecting something bigger. So what do you squeeze inside them? Rain coat, bike cover?

Hi fc3s1

Congratulations to you! First, may I ask, what does fc3s1 stand for? Hehe.

Finally, one very important question to ask all of you. Is it possible to "disable" the reserve fuel sensor/light if I serviced my carb and change my throttle cables?? Cos after did those at KC, I find that my reserve light didn't come on. I was already at 270km (usually the reserve comes on at 260km). Or could it be my mileage increased after servicing the carbs?? I certainly hope so! To play safe, I didn't wait for the light to come on and went to pump full tank straight away in case the reserve fuel light is really "disabled".

Yohji.

She's 2nd hand actually and I definately cant afford a brand new one! :sweat:

Have only ride her once for a short distance and heart was pumping fast for that mere few minutes.....:sweat:

Guess wat, I was too panicked when drop my bike and totally forgotten whatever have learnt from school.......:giddy: Wost still, its a 2A bike..... EMBARRASSED!