SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hihi!!!

Just got my FW plate flat black monster over the weekend!

great bike, but when I'm riding over 100km the bike seems to wobble a bit.

anyone has the same experience?

also thinking to buy a damper to try and stop the wobble, can any kind sole out there can direct me where to find a good made at good price?

thanks very much!!!

Originally posted by jyy@Jun 13 2006, 02:21 PM

hihi!!!

Just got my FW plate flat black monster over the weekend!

great bike, but when I'm riding over 100km the bike seems to wobble a bit.

anyone has the same experience?

also thinking to buy a damper to try and stop the wobble, can any kind sole out there can direct me where to find a good made at good price?

thanks very much!!!

wobbling at 100km/h???

cant be my fr plate plate can go hands free at dat speed, i even tried 160km/h still firm....hehe!

maybe ya tire is under pressure or front tire no traction on road or steering cone worn out or ya fork is leaking....fw plate wif 2 small headlites??? hehehe!

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE...

2004 Honda Varadero XL125 ride to tour

2005 Ducati Monster 400 for track use :p

2006 white r3 spec gen2 manual gear for pimping hehehe!

2008 THE new silver subaru impreza hatch NOT road legal & manual gear for drifting!

2010 white fd2 honda civic 2.0 si & still manual gear for family use so whats next baby?

vincekam,

bro i tink u hv to hold on the pipes 1st, need to squeeze my bugdet 1st cuz my wife nagging oredi aft da paint job....but i reali wan it..... :cry: :weep:

i will get back to u da soonest cheers bro....

guys,

i need suggestion which tire is best for monster 4 w/o ex $$$...

1. dunlop 208 sportmax or gp70

2. metz sportec m1 or rennsport.

3. pirelli diablo strada

4. bridgestone battlax bt90

5. michellin too ex...

btw where is HKL exactly & who knw da tel no?

2008 THE new silver subaru impreza hatch NOT road legal & manual gear for drifting!

2010 white fd2 honda civic 2.0 si & still manual gear for family use so whats next baby?

Originally posted by PhantomSteed@Jun 13 2006, 08:29 AM

Saw a yellow Monster along Bukit Panjang this morning with three digit number plate. Nice sound from the pipes.

Hi PhantomSteed,

Yellow Monster, 3-digits no. plate, Bukit Panjang. Sounds like me. Where were you? At the traffic light (beside the coffeeshop) or the bus stop? You riding a Phantom/Steed? Next time just give me a honk and wave! I'll wave back if I hear you! Cheers!

Hi jyy,

Welcome to the club. Wobbling at 100km/h on straight road or corners? Could be steering bearings? Tyre pressure (34psi front/36psi rear)? Ride slowly first until you get used to the bike. You'll enjoy it after you get to know it's behaviour :)

c26492.jpg

Originally posted by yohji@Jun 13 2006, 09:15 PM

Hi PhantomSteed,

Yellow Monster, 3-digits no. plate, Bukit Panjang. Sounds like me. Where were you? At the traffic light (beside the coffeeshop) or the bus stop? You riding a Phantom/Steed? Next time just give me a honk and wave! I'll wave back if I hear you! Cheers!

I was riding beside you at the bus stop after you turned out. Not riding phantom or steed. Now riding blue hornet. If you take that route every morning, there is a good chance that we will meet again.

mine will wobble at 120Km/h. can't go beyond that leh...

I'd make sure my tire pressure is 32PSI front, 36PSI back weekly.

anyway, another 4Km, time for maintenance liao...

PhantomSteed,

I see! Sorry I didn't notice. Hornet is a nice and unique bike too (I would surely consider it if there is a 400cc version). I don't usually turn my head to look at others when I ride cos I don't want pple to think that I am being hostile (cos I'm wearing FF helmet and riding gear). Today my bike died while warming up. No petrol!!! Luckily I have not rode my bike out of the car park yet. My reserve fuel light indeed is faulty after I changed my throttle cables. Sigh!!!!!

Jade,

That's funny, how come bike will wobble when going straight at 120km/h. Maybe can try to put more weight on the handlebar by leaning abit further in front? I have tried higher speeds in Msia and no wobbling but of course rattling of handlebar is quite bad. Anyway ride safe! Don't exceed speed limit! (yah right ... haha!)

c26492.jpg

Originally posted by yohji@Jun 14 2006, 10:01 PM

PhantomSteed,

I see! Sorry I didn't notice. Hornet is a nice and unique bike too (I would surely consider it if there is a 400cc version). I don't usually turn my head to look at others when I ride cos I don't want pple to think that I am being hostile (cos I'm wearing FF helmet and riding gear). Today my bike died while warming up. No petrol!!! Luckily I have not rode my bike out of the car park yet. My reserve fuel light indeed is faulty after I changed my throttle cables. Sigh!!!!!

Jade,

That's funny, how come bike will wobble when going straight at 120km/h. Maybe can try to put more weight on the handlebar by leaning abit further in front? I have tried higher speeds in Msia and no wobbling but of course rattling of handlebar is quite bad. Anyway ride safe! Don't exceed speed limit! (yah right ... haha!)

yohji,

the throttle cable connected to the reserve lite meh??

try gauging ya petrol wif the master mileage meter instead more safe....hehehe!

btw how much u bought the throttle cable? mines only $18...

ivy,

lucky u check da tire is under pressure, veri dangerous if high speed liao....

ppl,

wat tires to buy pro & con come dudes...hehehe! i need to do shop 2day hand veri itchy.....ahhh :cheeky:

PhantomSteed

I see. So you still prefer the smooth in-line Honda engine huh.

ProDero

When I replaced the throttle cables, alot of things were removed. So I think some connections somewhere might be loose when he fixed everything back, resulting in the malfunction of the reserve fuel light. I bought the cables from Minerva. So you can roughly know what price I paid liao lah. Definately nothing close to $18.

:giddy:

BTW guys, I pumped ron 95 petrol and the bike really sucks in performance (compared to V-Power/Synergy8000). There is really a big difference. But it doesn't matter if your riding style is gentle. I don't know if 98 will be much better or not. Will try it the next time I refill.

c26492.jpg

Originally posted by yohji@Jun 16 2006, 07:11 PM

PhantomSteed

I see. So you still prefer the smooth in-line Honda engine huh.

Actually the performance of the monster isn't an issue. I didn't like the posture and also the cost of maintainence. M400 is very smooth and more easy to ride compared to hornet.

ivv,

did you get your monster from bike shop? How much?

no, got the bike through a friend, done 30,000km need to take it for a major service this friday.all in i paid around $6500

beside minerva any other place has good value and servic?

BTW try to buy the simple green to clean out the motor, but the place at ubi only sell in bulk order, so when over to minerva, one of the guy at the shop told me to buy the magic cleaner from NTUC (the blue one not the green one) and it works great!!!but remember to rinse it off quick! otherwise it will leave a white stain.

p.s when is the next meeting for monster riders?? I'm interested!!

Originally posted by jyy@Jun 19 2006, 11:57 AM

ivv,

did you get your monster from bike shop? How much?

no, got the bike through a friend, done 30,000km need to take it for a major service this friday.all in i paid around $6500

beside minerva any other place has good value and servic?

BTW try to buy the simple green to clean out the motor, but the place at ubi only sell in bulk order, so when over to minerva, one of the guy at the shop told me to buy the magic cleaner from NTUC (the blue one not the green one) and it works great!!!but remember to rinse it off quick! otherwise it will leave a white stain.

p.s when is the next meeting for monster riders?? I'm interested!!

ivy,

2nd single seater u mean? how abt rewrapping ya seat to single seater not bad isay...hehehe!

u can svc at m-teknik, stamford motor, kallang cycle, gopa at autopoint oso can....

meet up? how tis fri nite kampung glam cafe 8pm, neo & all dukes u all gotta come down wif ya 999 & monsters ah bro? hahaha!

just got a 2nd hand piece of the (the hard cover that cover the pillion seat) or back seat cover! thx for the advice!!

my monster is only a 400cc,

and i'll be away this weekend, so hope to meet up with you guys next time!

hahaha!!hehehe!!!

Hi all.Would like to gather some info cos might be considering changing from RVF to a 400 Monster for better/more relaxed riding posture.

1. Fuel Capacity.

2. Fuel Consumption.

3. Maintenance(Similar to S4 or parts MUST be OEM Ducati)

Thanks.

Bikes Previously Owned: Aprilia RS125, Kawasaki KRR150, Honda RVF400, Yamaha Spark135, Yamaha FZ6N, Suzuki Hayabusa ,Yamaha RXS115, Yamaha Spark135, Yamaha Nuovo Elegance, Yamaha Spark135, Yamaha FZ16,Honda Vtec1, Yamaha FZ1N, Honda Wave-S, Honda CB400X, Honda NC750X,Yamaha TMax 530, Vespa GTS 300, Yamaha XMAX 300 

Current Ride: Honda X-ADV 750

Originally posted by Pro Dero@Jun 21 2006, 11:01 AM

ivy,

2nd single seater u mean? how abt rewrapping ya seat to single seater not bad isay...hehehe!

u can svc at m-teknik, stamford motor, kallang cycle, gopa at autopoint oso can....

meet up? how tis fri nite kampung glam cafe 8pm, neo & all dukes u all gotta come down wif ya 999 & monsters ah bro? hahaha!

hi bro

is the outing tomo still on??

and where is the place?