SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

any1 know how much does kc charge for valve clearance only? btw does it include carb tuning....? did any1 encounter engine idling skipping sound? hehehe! new plus, new air filter, new engine oil & filter, new chain, new tires, new clutch pump, new etc...hehe! wat else do i need.... :giddy:

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE...

2004 Honda Varadero XL125 ride to tour

2005 Ducati Monster 400 for track use :p

2006 white r3 spec gen2 manual gear for pimping hehehe!

2008 THE new silver subaru impreza hatch NOT road legal & manual gear for drifting!

2010 white fd2 honda civic 2.0 si & still manual gear for family use so whats next baby?

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dark_monster@Jul 28 2006, 11:14 AM

Will be letting go my FW Monster Dark 400 if a loving caring new owner is available.

More pics + details pls!

Price too thank u :bounce:

Most people go through life following the crowd.

Others think for themselves.

They go their own way.

hi guys need help here... got a fr plate monster for 5k machine price... worth the money? owner claimed dat he had service records and i've seen the bike, is in pretty gd condition from outside. exhaust sounds very quiet, but louder than a 06 efi fba plate m4. din noticed any signs of oil leaking but one of the wire harness got wrap up wit black tape...:help: :help:

]

Originally posted by jonathan543@Aug 5 2006, 09:57 AM

hi guys need help here... got a fr plate monster for 5k machine price... worth the money? owner claimed dat he had service records and i've seen the bike, is in pretty gd condition from outside. exhaust sounds very quiet, but louder than a 06 efi fba plate m4. din noticed any signs of oil leaking but one of the wire harness got wrap up wit black tape...:help: :help:

dukes,

it may come to surpise 2 some of u guys now im selling my ducati monster 400cc maybe in 30 days time cuz im getting a car oredi COE price drop like mad den me gonna be a daddy soon....hehehe!

looking ard $5k + - like dat, fr plate wif a mileage of 55k only...new silver respray, black monster pipes, new gpr70 track tires, rk gold chain, etc alot of new goodies cuz wanna use for track, but no time den & weekend riding only...hehe! pls spread the word ard bro....thank u veri nice!

jonathan,

like i told u more less abt $5k + - as per excel motors quoted price jfyi, those tape rewiring are done by minerva ducati workshop when i svc it there, btw i spent abt $1k replacing the wear & tear parts so next owner juz hv to ride & its my weekend bike so rarely use it oso...

2008 THE new silver subaru impreza hatch NOT road legal & manual gear for drifting!

2010 white fd2 honda civic 2.0 si & still manual gear for family use so whats next baby?

Originally posted by Pro Dero@Aug 5 2006, 11:36 AM

dukes,

it may come to surpise 2 some of u guys now im selling my ducati monster 400cc maybe in 30 days time cuz im getting a car oredi COE price drop like mad den me gonna be a daddy soon....hehehe!

looking ard $5k + - like dat, fr plate wif a mileage of 55k only...new silver respray, black monster pipes, new gpr70 track tires, rk gold chain, etc alot of new goodies cuz wanna use for track, but no time den & weekend riding only...hehe! pls spread the word ard bro....thank u veri nice!

Hi dude, it's a real surprise you're selling your bike and decide for a car.

Keep the bike dude, ducatis are good bike to keep for a long time.

Anyway, good luck for your sales.

Cheers!

Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.

vincekam,

bro dun 4get i got 2 bikes ducati & honda den now a car dunno how to ride & drive them all....hehe! den wife nag not nice liao....

angel of sin,

tailchop i duno how the previous owner do it, but i tink kallang cycyle mike can help & oso the suspension thingy.. :goodluck:

those keen in getting my ducati u have till dec b4 i push to shop...hor :p

so exciting getting a new virgin car end of tis month.... :bouncefire:

hi guys. wanna ask how much would a ducati monster 400 cost on the market now? which shop might carry them? only got 2nd hand now right?

i'm interested to get 1. doing surveying now. :smile:

Bro Pro Dero, i would love to take over your monster. but my 2A is not until next year jan.. haiz.. good luck to you selling :smile:

:cheers:

:cheeky::cheeky:

Originally posted by Angel_of_sin@Aug 13 2006, 12:42 PM

guys , any idea where i can get a tail chop done locally ?

also need to adjust the rear ride height . bike is too " dumpy " at the rear ... want to jack it up a bit...

any ideas / suggestions appreciated ! thx in adv!

Hi, I know tailchop can make your bike look nicer but water can also be splashed onto yr back if the floor is wet. I think it is not suitable if we ride everyday and if it rains frequently. Just my opinion.

Hello every1....

It took me really a long time to able to post onto this forum, have been finding a relative active ducati forum and at last, found it..!!!

but it took me something like 4 days to read up from the past 96 pages of information, alot of ppl 2cent worth of info, comments,remarks and of coz advices...

Going thru all the 96pages, seriously, is like read an interesting storybook where ppl share their interests,their love, from ducati lover to ducati owner to ducati seller...basically, every1 is bonded becoz of one word "Ducati"...but frankly,as much as i wan to learn more of a ducati...i find abit hard to digest becoz simply ppl here are so kind and information is so much....

time to do a simple intro...i hav fall in love with ducati monster since my first time i set my sight on it...maybe like 14yrs old or so....but have to go thru war and hardship with my mum to convince her to allow me to take bike lesson till 24yrs old(it have been a long and tough war but i won..hahaha) since then, i set my sight on getting a monster as the ultimate dream

:lovestruck: :lovestruck:

On 6/6/06,when i got my 2A lic...is monster hunting time and in 3 weeks, me have finally fulfil my childhood dream of owning a monster...thanks to a kind soul Chris for letting go his well-taken care '99 black powder monster...cant give better compliement..bike in prefect condition and paint work is 9/10 still,new tyre and the cleaniness is hard to believe is a 7yrs old,at least in my prespective...amazing...

But...of coz fulfilling my dream...it take some pain..i have depleted all my savings while need to continue pay some external loans..hahahah..but the moment i sat on it...all hardship is worth it...or shld i say hold the key and admiring the bike already make such hardship so sweet....so abt all thos mod...hahhaa..i tink it will take me a long long time to achieve....

After i get my class2 lic nxt yr, high chance i guess i will switch to a touring bike...reali wan to actively particpting in such touring...but i know....deep down in my heart...monster will forever be the most beautiful and desired bike in my view...actually still thinking of owning 2 bikes,but me poor lah....dont tink hav the endurance to keep 2 bikes...hahahaha

:giddy:

who koe....maybe get a bigger monster instead or S2R or S4R....hahaha..

But glad to know all of u and by the way, do u still have gathering on the 2nd week of every mth as stated in the much earlier part of this forum...will wan to join u all and ask questions abt the maintainance of monster if time permit and of coz u all dont depisce me...:sweat:

if got other gatherings, will love to join

by the way...me never see a ducati arou at bedok wher i live, the oni 1 that i alway see will be a blue ducati parking at marine parade blk 77 carparks(at my frenz place),does it belong to someone in this forum??

k lah....grandfather's story will end here....

wishing all riders safely and happy....

May Monsters all roar and growl...!!!!

:smile: :cheeky: :smile:

:cry:

a very touching 'life story'....

maybe in ch5's next season...

*roar* *growl*

Honda Phantom TA200: Sep 04 - Dec 05

Ducati Monster M400: Dec 05 - Feb 07

Honda Silverwing FJS400D: Feb 07 - Jan 09

Honda Shadow 400: Nov 10 - Dec 11

Aprilia SR Max 300ie: Jul 12 - Mar 15

Originally posted by contacted@Aug 18 2006, 11:17 AM

:cry:

a very touching 'life story'....

maybe in ch5's next season...

*roar* *growl*

WOW! U so hard on him.....

MY Pass ride 1983 Yamaha 125LC 1991 TZR125.88 yamaha...YZ125.91KX125 1986 Kawa.KDX200 1987 HondaCG125/1980 HondaCB400N/1965 Vespa/1996Ducati Monster.98WR200R

1.87 Toyota EP70 1.0/1.3/1.5(SG)2.90 FC RX7 1.3(Au) 3.90 Celica GT4 2.0T(AU)4.1983 mazda 323 1.0(AU)5.1984 Honda Jazz 1.2(M)(AU)6.78Honda civic(Au)7.85Honda Jazz 1.2(A)(Au)8.1989'"Ford TX3turbo1.6(AU)9.94" SKYLINE R33 (AU)10.83-911RS3.2(AU)11.1992 Toyota soaror GT2.5T(AU)12.1994toyota corrolla 1.6(AU)13.1992suzuki swift 1.0(AU)14.1984Civic3dr 1.2(Macau)15.1988 toyota corrolla 1.6(SG)16.1988 MB380SE 3.8(SG)17.1982 VW Goft MK1 1.6/2.0(SG)18.2003-WRX 2.0(SG)19.1965 Mini(SG)20.1997 subaru vivio(SG)21.1996 Mirca LX(SG)22.1987 MB280SE(SG)

Current ride>22.96MB E200(SG)23.02HONDA MOBILIO(SG)03'Road King (SG)07'W400(SG)91'883XL.Beetle Cabrio

alamak! i really meant that I'm touched. its a passion... and he worked towards his passion... [impressive]!

Honda Phantom TA200: Sep 04 - Dec 05

Ducati Monster M400: Dec 05 - Feb 07

Honda Silverwing FJS400D: Feb 07 - Jan 09

Honda Shadow 400: Nov 10 - Dec 11

Aprilia SR Max 300ie: Jul 12 - Mar 15

jonathan543

The MOST important thing is the engine. If the engine is good, then you are quite safe because engine (including the parts inside it) is very expensive and troublesome to repair. You might end up spending $1K-$2K fixing the engine and taking public transport for a few weeks. I would pay $5K for a bike with an ok engine than pay $3K for a bike with an engine waiting to break down. If owner says he has service records, ask him to show you. A Ducati owner who does his maintenance regularly would be very proud to show you his records :) I guess it is ok to have black tapes wrapping wires on the bike. I do that on my bike too.

Ah Thor

Nice to "meet" you. Thanks for sharing your story with us. I had fun reading it :thumb: I also want to keep 2 or more bikes (a wild Monster, a screaming R6 and a smooth Fazer maybe?) if I could but too bad I am also a poor guy. I plan to get my class 2 license later on also but sadly, I do not think I would get a bigger Monster. It is too costly to maintain everytime the odometer adds on another 20, 000KM. I might be getting a Kawaski Z1000. I heard Kawasaki parts are very expensive too but I don't think it can beat Ducati haha! See you around.

tabako

Monster 900. Nice! BTW the hard clutch is one of the main features of a Monster haha! It trains your left arm and fingers. I don't think you can adjust it. You can install a device (can't remember what it's name - slave reservior or something like that) to make the clutch SLIGHTLY lighter. For me, I just live with it. It's a Monster remember? You have to tame it and let it know that you are it's master :)

c26492.jpg

hi every1,

i believe u all meant well...all ducati lover mah...

then of coz...sharing the story with u all ducati lover is my pleasure..

hope u all have a great time reading it, i mean i believe ther are more

ppl out ther that share similiar dream of owning a ducati,some lucki one

like me have a chance to own it..some dont...so we shld all treasure the

chance of getting something that we want.. :smile: :smile:

"May Monsters all roar and growl...!!!!"

Originally posted by jonathan543@Aug 20 2006, 08:08 PM

:thumb: but considering my finances, think cant afford a duke for now.... i juz have to live with my planet for the time being... heheh....

johnathan

Planet is a very sexy bike also! It was one of my dream bikes in my class2b days man! I still find it very unique. Don't give up your dream man. You can always save up bit by bit and get yourself a Monster.

c26492.jpg

Originally posted by yohji@Aug 21 2006, 09:02 PM

johnathan

Planet is a very sexy bike also! It was one of my dream bikes in my class2b days man! I still find it very unique. Don't give up your dream man. You can always save up bit by bit and get yourself a Monster.

reason i got the planet is because it's the closest i can get to a 2bmonster haha. the price for a fq plate m4 is affordable. main worry's the labour charge... from wad i can see, makes up almost 40-50% of the overall price for most forms of servicings and such.

plus my planet consumes fuel like 14-15km/l, almost like a m9, not very economical at all. so was wondering to chiong for a 2a monster for gd mileage instead, or to hold out to get a m9 instead with its noisy dry clutch. but that'll add up to the overall cost of maintaining the bike too.... but should get plenty of usable power too....

]

Originally posted by Kuro_Tenshi@Aug 16 2006, 08:38 PM

hi guys. wanna ask how much would a ducati monster 400 cost on the market now? which shop might carry them? only got 2nd hand now right?

i'm interested to get 1. doing surveying now. :smile:

Bro Pro Dero, i would love to take over your monster. but my 2A is not until next year jan.. haiz.. good luck to you selling :smile:

:cheers:

Kuro_Tenshi

bro new monster is efi but $15k otr, 2nd hand one abt $4k upwards u can get from excel motor at shun li industrial, the interest rate quite low but pls real da contract clause carefully....

jonathan543

bro if u want gd fuel mileage & nice on the pocket i dun tink ducati fits dat, but rather for passion & exclusivity w/o worrying abt $$$....well i compare it wif my car svc & labour charges is almost on par....hehehe!

yohji,

dat time u mention speedo dun move wat u do ah? cuz i juz replaced my whole speedo meter set...... :giddy:

ducati monster 400 for sale

FR plate

silver color

new rk x-ring gold chain

dunlop gpr70 track tires

new clutch pump

new clutch o-ring seal

new oil filter & extra 1 for the next owner

new front brembo oem brake pads

new rear whole set of rear brake lite assembly

new air filter

new timing belts

new rewrap seats

carbs tuned

original speedo replaced wif used 1 cuz cant find yr 99 version as newer ones got both odo & speedo in paired

etc etc ah....actual mileage 55,300km only for 7 yr old bike

svc records should be laying ard in my house....hehehe!

looking at $4.8k, viewing at sengkang, its always at mscp cuz spare weekend bike.

:thumb:

b4 seat rewrapping

alamak wrong pix....hahaha! hw 2 delete ah? :p nice boops aniwae...

Originally posted by Pro Dero@Aug 24 2006, 10:36 AM

alamak wrong pix....hahaha! hw 2 delete ah? :p nice boops aniwae...

Nice boobs ...cool...

You can DELETE the post on the TOP RIGHT side of the message box isn't it?

Cheers!

Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.