SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by vincekam@Aug 24 2006, 09:27 PM

Nice boobs ...cool...

You can DELETE the post on the TOP RIGHT side of the message box isn't it?

Cheers!

vincekam

pssst...i purposely put it 2 move da thread....hehehe!

jess,

aircool engine got coolant meh? radiator only for watercool engine liao??? hehehe!

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE...

2004 Honda Varadero XL125 ride to tour

2005 Ducati Monster 400 for track use :p

2006 white r3 spec gen2 manual gear for pimping hehehe!

2008 THE new silver subaru impreza hatch NOT road legal & manual gear for drifting!

2010 white fd2 honda civic 2.0 si & still manual gear for family use so whats next baby?

Originally posted by Pro Dero@Aug 27 2006, 10:42 PM

vincekam

pssst...i purposely put it 2 move da thread....hehehe!

jess,

aircool engine got coolant meh? radiator only for watercool engine liao??? hehehe!

Oh.. really ah... damm pai sei man....:cheeky:

http://www.mvagusta.com.au/welcome/images/F4CC1.jpg

ha ha ha yeah my M9 the drinking is like 14km/litre, wa lau, thirsty sia. Even my sister's car drink less.

But hor, I got a problem i think, my idling rpm is like 1k-1.2k when started motor. Then after 15mins of riding the idling rpm shoots up to 2k leh, is this normal, and my dry clutch is super noisy in neutral, if i press the clutch in, then not so noisy. Is this normal???

is the m9 carb model? it happened to my planet too when the pilot jet's too small... dat is, the idling's very low and irregular when juz started plus the throttle response very sluggish. after some time of idling and when the engine's warmed up, the idling rpm is slightly faster and more regular. u can double confirm if the pilot jet's too lean when started cold. simply give a pull on the choke and listen if the rpm rises to a more consistant rpm. i think if the pilot jet's correct for ur bike, it should start smoothly and regularly on cold start.

wowee... m9 consumes so much fuel? or other inlines of the same capacity have ard dat mileage?

jess- is ur m6 clutch, cable actutated or hydraulics? btw distilled water is supposely the best fluid for liquid cooled engines, which i read up somewhere. race bikes all use distilled water but distilled water without addictives will corrode the coolant system in time, which is not a prob wit race bikes since they're taken apart after every race for rebuilding. the addictives are supposed to lower the water's boiling point, and more importantly prevent corrosion to the coolant system. but somehow the heat carrying efficiency of the water would be lowered too.

yohji- tks for ur compliment bro! considering planet's a 125cc bike, and consumes fuel like a class2 bike, makes it an even more thirsty bike than the monster! phew!

pro dero- upz for ur sales bro! wished i can afford it but some things gotta come 1st... z.

]

Originally posted by Pro Dero@Aug 24 2006, 10:33 AM

Kuro_Tenshi

bro new monster is efi but $15k otr, 2nd hand one abt $4k upwards u can get from excel motor at shun li industrial, the interest rate quite low but pls real da contract clause carefully....

ducati monster 400 for sale

FR plate

silver color

new rk x-ring gold chain

dunlop gpr70 track tires

new clutch pump

new clutch o-ring seal

new oil filter & extra 1 for the next owner

new front brembo oem brake pads

new rear whole set of rear brake lite assembly

new air filter

new timing belts

new rewrap seats

carbs tuned

original speedo replaced wif used 1 cuz cant find yr 99 version as newer ones got both odo & speedo in paired

etc etc ah....actual mileage 55,300km only for 7 yr old bike

svc records should be laying ard in my house....hehehe!

looking at $4.8k, viewing at sengkang, its always at mscp cuz spare weekend bike.

:thumb:

oh ok.. so EX.. u mean the older version is carburettor?

:btw: where's shun li industrial?

good luck to ya sales. i'm sure gonna get a monster for 2A :smile:

:cheeky::cheeky:

Originally posted by jonathan543@Aug 30 2006, 08:57 AM

is the m9 carb model? it happened to my planet too when the pilot jet's too small... dat is, the idling's very low and irregular when juz started plus the throttle response very sluggish. after some time of idling and when the engine's warmed up, the idling rpm is slightly faster and more regular. u can double confirm if the pilot jet's too lean when started cold. simply give a pull on the choke and listen if the rpm rises to a more consistant rpm. i think if the pilot jet's correct for ur bike, it should start smoothly and regularly on cold start.

wowee... m9 consumes so much fuel? or other inlines of the same capacity have ard dat mileage?

jess- is ur m6 clutch, cable actutated or hydraulics? btw distilled water is supposely the best fluid for liquid cooled engines, which i read up somewhere. race bikes all use distilled water but distilled water without addictives will corrode the coolant system in time, which is not a prob wit race bikes since they're taken apart after every race for rebuilding. the addictives are supposed to lower the water's boiling point, and more importantly prevent corrosion to the coolant system. but somehow the heat carrying efficiency of the water would be lowered too.

yohji- tks for ur compliment bro! considering planet's a 125cc bike, and consumes fuel like a class2 bike, makes it an even more thirsty bike than the monster! phew!

pro dero- upz for ur sales bro! wished i can afford it but some things gotta come 1st... z.

Mine is cable not hydraulic...

Bluff me didnt even noe tat I got no coolant at all...... but really the heat from the engine is very hot even while waiting at traffic.... thus have to really wear long pants/jeans while riding... if not, all my leg hairs will kena burn... :cheeky:

http://www.mvagusta.com.au/welcome/images/F4CC1.jpg

hmm so i presumed m4 and m6 uses cable actutated clutch too?

does the hydraulics clutch give alot of problems like leaking or the need to replace worn parts and not as lasting in comparison with the brakes?

i noticed pro dero had listed replacing a new clutch pump and o ring seal... having a hydraulics clutch instead? or his is the newer model which uses hydraulics clutch while older m4 & m6 uses cable clutches?

and jess, actually considering how ex duke parts can be, having an aircooled engine actually keeps the maintainance cost down, as there're lesser things to get worn out and having to replace them.... at the expense of higher end performance?

monster is still not that bad as the engine's heatsink still dun stick out from the sides of the bike. take a look at bmw's aircooled flat boxer engine and kawasaki's z1000 gigantic radiator and heatsink sticking out juz in front of ur legs... wowee... can smell some'thing burning!

]

Saw 2 ducati YELLOW at CDC.

Bike 1. FQ 3 digit plate. I think it's a female rider if I am not wrong.

Bikke 2. Yellow color with tank bra. Nice, the bike looks like a leopard from far. Owner is Indy.

Cheers!

Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.

Hey Vince,

Pleasure to have met you today. Bike 2 is mine. Pity you didn't ride down. It would have been 3 monsters in one place at one time and unplanned. What are the odds of that.

Born to be Wild : Steppenwolf (1968)

Originally posted by wild i@Sep 3 2006, 08:09 PM

Hey Vince,

Pleasure to have met you today. Bike 2 is mine. Pity you didn't ride down. It would have been 3 monsters in one place at one time and unplanned. What are the odds of that.

Hi Indy,

Maybe we shall come out to ride on Friday nights.

I usually reserve Fri nights solely for riding and meeting up only. Heh heh

Cheers!

Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.

Originally posted by jonathan543@Sep 2 2006, 09:44 AM

hmm so i presumed m4 and m6 uses cable actutated clutch too?

does the hydraulics clutch give alot of problems like leaking or the need to replace worn parts and not as lasting in comparison with the brakes?

i noticed pro dero had listed replacing a new clutch pump and o ring seal... having a hydraulics clutch instead? or his is the newer model which uses hydraulics clutch while older m4 & m6 uses cable clutches?

and jess, actually considering how ex duke parts can be, having an aircooled engine actually keeps the maintainance cost down, as there're lesser things to get worn out and having to replace them.... at the expense of higher end performance?

monster is still not that bad as the engine's heatsink still dun stick out from the sides of the bike. take a look at bmw's aircooled flat boxer engine and kawasaki's z1000 gigantic radiator and heatsink sticking out juz in front of ur legs... wowee... can smell some'thing burning!

my m4 is 7yrs old wif oem hydralic clutch pump, btw even da new gsr4 & spec3 uses clutch cable for a 400cc bike unlike ducati, moreover i love the hard & tight feeling of hydralic over cables any time.....hahaha!

btw pls dun compare bmw & kawa engine set up here cuz every bike is unique in style & performance... :thumb:

2008 THE new silver subaru impreza hatch NOT road legal & manual gear for drifting!

2010 white fd2 honda civic 2.0 si & still manual gear for family use so whats next baby?

Wow guys, I've not been to the forum for some time. Glad to see the thread moving on.

Pro Dero

If the speedo is not moving, you can try to remove the speedo drive at the front wheel's hub. Try to clean the speedo cable by wiping it with cloth and then lubing it lightly. If still not helping, then got to change the cable or the whole speedo drive. I changed both the cable and the speedo drive. If you are really unlucky, it might be the speedo meter. I heard it cost a few hundred bucks, which is crazy (as usual for Ducati parts).

tabako

Idling at 2000rpm seems to be a little on the high side. Mine is some where around 1100rpm even after 15mins. I don't know whether it is normal for M9 or not because mine is M4. Best to seek help from a knowledgable mechanic/fellow rider : )

c26492.jpg

hi monster riders...i'm crazy monster fan...juz enrolled in 2a...

thinking of a monster...seems tat theres hardly any monster go up thailand...

juz wondering if its a good bike for me to take it down thailand @ maybe 150kph avg?

if anyone noe of any place selling a monster do let me noe...interested in the gold frame only...paintwork any color...=)

TY~!

Originally posted by psychex@Sep 13 2006, 03:31 AM

hi monster riders...i'm crazy monster fan...juz enrolled in 2a...

thinking of a monster...seems tat theres hardly any monster go up thailand...

juz wondering if its a good bike for me to take it down thailand @ maybe 150kph avg?

if anyone noe of any place selling a monster do let me noe...interested in the gold frame only...paintwork any color...=)

TY~!

Hi pyschex

Taking a M400 to Thailand would be quite a risky thing to do. If things do break down on the way, it would be difficult/expensive to fix.

150km/h in my opinion, is too much for the M400. The top speed is approximately 165km/h with stock pipes. Sure, you can go 150km/h but please, only for a few mintues. Don't stress the engine too much or bad things will happen.

Monsters are not designed for touring so you might find it tiring for long distances (especially the amount of wind resistance that will be pounding on your head and body). For myself, I would say 120km/h would be an acceptable average riding speed for long distances. Anything above that, I feel that the engine is working too hard. The furthest I went is Cameron Highlands. The journey up and down the mountain was fantastic. But the highway part was torturing (with heavy rain and poor visibility).

Just sharing my own experiences. Others might experience different things and even find it enjoyable to tour on their Monsters. For me, I just feel that Monsters are built for instant acceleration and meandering corners, not for long-distance touring. It's not like travelling from Woodlands to Changi on the PIE. It's more than a few HUNDRED kilometers. Haha. : )

c26492.jpg

Saw this chrome monster s4 today

:giddy:

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/5250/1409061802em9.jpg

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2922/1409061804hq1.jpg

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2853/1409061805ef4.jpg

åƒé‡‘难买早知é“.......

yohji,

thanks for the tip as i hv changed my whole speedo set oredi now its perfectly fine only dat the mileage is not as my old set 52 000km only....hehehe!

yeah gotta agree wif u abt ducati is short trip kinda bike, not touring lei....any1 volunteer to help me warm up my bike by a few clicks.....i hv been so bz wif werk & driving most of the time, my beloved m4 juz sit there day n nite wanting me to ride on her & getting noti.....hehehe!

arjen,

very nice chrome monster, i should have tot of spraying my bike chrome.....damn didnt cross my mind...haha!