SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the workshop manual for the Ducati Monster 900..

Does anyone want it?

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici - By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.. - Faust

Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask, there is an idea, and ideas, are bulletproof - V

Safe? Definately. Not necessarily slow, but safe.. - Seraph Tan

Yo good morning guys,

Got an urgent issue, hope someone can advise or help. Wanted to go to work this morning but the engine just wouldn't start. Tried the choke, try shaking the bike around, tried with no choke, no use. I just replaced my spark plugs and engine oil and oil filter 2 weeks ago. Battery is fairly new (few months old). Fuel is full.

It seems like there is no ignition at the 2nd spark plug (back part of the engine). When I hold the throttle and twist it all the way, I can hear the front part of the engine running. But the engine dies off as soon as I released the throttle. It really feels like only 1/2 the bike is alive.

I'll try to call Mike later but I'm afraid that he might not be open. Will be very glad if anyone can offer a hand to fix this by Monday (will offer transportation fees and workmanship) because I need the bike for work everyday.

Thank you. Thank you.

c26492.jpg

I have the workshop manual for the Ducati Monster 900..

Does anyone want it?

what year?

is it a `how too' or `parts manual'

There's more fun in making slow bike go fast than making a fast bike faster:angel: FOR SALE KAWASAKI ZEPHYR EBC BRAKE PADS FA129HH.DUC CLUTCH SLAVE PUMP,SIGNAL RELAY.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CKM-eD8Ulwo/SwP704pVE-I/AAAAAAAAAHg/BrEmx9CIQAk/s1600/misc-01012003_16.JPG

Website for tpo is http://www.tpoparts.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=25_28&osCsid=3e6f9ca6f6bde36c9cb69fddcf8691b3

The matt plastic ducati tank on ebay has been sold bro.. sorry I'll keep a lookout tho

thanks bro!

There's more fun in making slow bike go fast than making a fast bike faster:angel: FOR SALE KAWASAKI ZEPHYR EBC BRAKE PADS FA129HH.DUC CLUTCH SLAVE PUMP,SIGNAL RELAY.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CKM-eD8Ulwo/SwP704pVE-I/AAAAAAAAAHg/BrEmx9CIQAk/s1600/misc-01012003_16.JPG

BTW, anyone knows if Kallang Cycle or Racewerks is open today?? Tried calling KC but no answer. Tried calling Racewerks but was routed to fax machine. :faint:

do you have a spark plug wrench?it could be spoilt.try this first,since u said only one engime is working

btw mike should be open

what year?

is it a `how too' or `parts manual'

I'm not too sure as to what year it is for..

But it is definitely a WORKSHOP manual.. Which means, they show you how to work on your bike.

=)

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici - By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.. - Faust

Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask, there is an idea, and ideas, are bulletproof - V

do you have a spark plug wrench?it could be spoilt.try this first,since u said only one engime is working

btw mike should be open

Managed to contact Mike. I'll be towing my bike to him later on. Will update you guys on the outcome. Sigh ....................

c26492.jpg

Managed to contact Mike. I'll be towing my bike to him later on. Will update you guys on the outcome. Sigh ....................

good luck.

I'm not too sure as to what year it is for..

But it is definitely a WORKSHOP manual.. Which means, they show you how to work on your bike.

=)

ive got the haynes version.

is the the offical ducati ones?

got carbon fibre.need tips on how to diy it to accessories.

got carbon fibre.need tips on how to diy it to accessories.

I think you need to make a mold of the object that you want to produce. Then use some sort of resin to bond the carbon fiber layer by layer ..

c26492.jpg

Yo good morning guys,

Got an urgent issue, hope someone can advise or help. Wanted to go to work this morning but the engine just wouldn't start. Tried the choke, try shaking the bike around, tried with no choke, no use. I just replaced my spark plugs and engine oil and oil filter 2 weeks ago. Battery is fairly new (few months old). Fuel is full.

It seems like there is no ignition at the 2nd spark plug (back part of the engine). When I hold the throttle and twist it all the way, I can hear the front part of the engine running. But the engine dies off as soon as I released the throttle. It really feels like only 1/2 the bike is alive.

I'll try to call Mike later but I'm afraid that he might not be open. Will be very glad if anyone can offer a hand to fix this by Monday (will offer transportation fees and workmanship) because I need the bike for work everyday.

Thank you. Thank you.

Yo boss did Mike tell you what was wrong with it yet? Sounds like a classic spark plug foul to me. Happened all the time to me until i figured out how to treat a monster so the plugs don't foul when you start her in the morning. If you want a quick fix head down to a bike shop today while shops are still open and pick up a few cheap spark plugs which will fit your bike. Swap out both spark plugs on your monster and it should work fine for now....

The rule i have learnt when starting a carbie monster:

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVERRRRRRRR touch the throttle when starting the bike up. only press starter button. The moment you use the throttle to keep the revs up when the engine is cold, only a matter of time before the plugs foul

For starting i do the following when starting bike in the morning:

Key in ignition, choke on to full, never half choke, 1/4 etc, always full, press starter, hold down starter a few secs if idle is weak. Once the motor catches the revs should start slow then rise rapidly because of the choke. When the revs peak, wait about 30 secs first, then very slowly reduce the choke until it idles back at normal. If the engine dies off when the choke is removed, repeat from the beginning and leave the choke full another 30-60 secs. Once the engine is warm the carb will have no trouble vaporising fuel and then you can take the choke off and the engine will run fine on its own. Remember the golden rule though, never never never touch the throttle :p

If you're still having probs let us know there are still other options here but require a great deal of explanation. i'm happy to meet up with you and tell you what they are if the problem persists

Happy new year everyone!

ive got the haynes version.

is the the offical ducati ones?

Yes,

this is the official Ducati workshop manual..

Hi blackreplica,

Just came back from KC. No doubt the plugs were fouled. He said "something" overflowed, asked me to service my carb and asked me to ride faster haha riding faster can help prevent this problem? Anyway I don't really know what he is talking about. I just want my bike to work. To think that I have to pay $20 for tow and $15 for 2 new plugs (I just changed the plugs from KC 2 weeks back) sigh ... and this is not the first time. My bike gave me lots of problems the last time I serviced my bike at KC too. I had to tow my bike, pay for new plugs also. I think I'll try Race Werks the next time ..

Thanks for your tip!! I'll definitely try it the next time I start my bike. And you are right, I always twist the throttle while starting in the morning to keep the revs at 1000rpm. I'll leave the throttle alone in future and hopefully things go well from now on. Right now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't be stuck on Wednesday morning. Gonna try to start the bike again tomorrow, just to be sure.

Yo boss did Mike tell you what was wrong with it yet? Sounds like a classic spark plug foul to me. Happened all the time to me until i figured out how to treat a monster so the plugs don't foul when you start her in the morning. If you want a quick fix head down to a bike shop today while shops are still open and pick up a few cheap spark plugs which will fit your bike. Swap out both spark plugs on your monster and it should work fine for now....

The rule i have learnt when starting a carbie monster:

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVERRRRRRRR touch the throttle when starting the bike up. only press starter button. The moment you use the throttle to keep the revs up when the engine is cold, only a matter of time before the plugs foul

For starting i do the following when starting bike in the morning:

Key in ignition, choke on to full, never half choke, 1/4 etc, always full, press starter, hold down starter a few secs if idle is weak. Once the motor catches the revs should start slow then rise rapidly because of the choke. When the revs peak, wait about 30 secs first, then very slowly reduce the choke until it idles back at normal. If the engine dies off when the choke is removed, repeat from the beginning and leave the choke full another 30-60 secs. Once the engine is warm the carb will have no trouble vaporising fuel and then you can take the choke off and the engine will run fine on its own. Remember the golden rule though, never never never touch the throttle :p

If you're still having probs let us know there are still other options here but require a great deal of explanation. i'm happy to meet up with you and tell you what they are if the problem persists

Happy new year everyone!

c26492.jpg

Hi blackreplica,

Just came back from KC. No doubt the plugs were fouled. He said "something" overflowed, asked me to service my carb and asked me to ride faster haha riding faster can help prevent this problem? Anyway I don't really know what he is talking about. I just want my bike to work. To think that I have to pay $20 for tow and $15 for 2 new plugs (I just changed the plugs from KC 2 weeks back) sigh ... and this is not the first time. My bike gave me lots of problems the last time I serviced my bike at KC too. I had to tow my bike, pay for new plugs also. I think I'll try Race Werks the next time ..

Thanks for your tip!! I'll definitely try it the next time I start my bike. And you are right, I always twist the throttle while starting in the morning to keep the revs at 1000rpm. I'll leave the throttle alone in future and hopefully things go well from now on. Right now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't be stuck on Wednesday morning. Gonna try to start the bike again tomorrow, just to be sure.

yohji,

good to hear it was just the plugs and nothing serious. Trust me, i have experienced your problem 100% on my previous M400 as well (and for a little while on the M900). Now that the plugs are new, try starting the bike every morning without using the throttle and see how it goes. If the plugs foul again, meaning something more sinister is at work, post back here or PM me and we can meet up and I can explain to you whats probably going on and what your options are to fix it (not necessarily difficult or expensive). This problem drove me nuts for a long time last time and i'm happy to pass on the info on how to fix it (taught to me by motocafe) to prevent other people experiencing unnecessary stress.

yohji,

good to hear it was just the plugs and nothing serious. Trust me, i have experienced your problem 100% on my previous M400 as well (and for a little while on the M900). Now that the plugs are new, try starting the bike every morning without using the throttle and see how it goes. If the plugs foul again, meaning something more sinister is at work, post back here or PM me and we can meet up and I can explain to you whats probably going on and what your options are to fix it (not necessarily difficult or expensive). This problem drove me nuts for a long time last time and i'm happy to pass on the info on how to fix it (taught to me by motocafe) to prevent other people experiencing unnecessary stress.

lol.classic monster.same here but it is all sorted now.i keep my bike running lean.i also store a pair of plugs under the seat as a back up.so far so good.

Do any of you guys know any good workshops which service monsters besides KC and Rosli's shop at Eunos?

Try Racewerkz... Theyre not so bad. Some of our forumers go there regularly for servicing..

Dreamed I was a muffler. Woke up exhausted.