SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FUNNY HOW WE TALKED ABT FORKS.MINE IS LEAKING NOW!(NEVER ENDS)

There's more fun in making slow bike go fast than making a fast bike faster:angel: FOR SALE KAWASAKI ZEPHYR EBC BRAKE PADS FA129HH.DUC CLUTCH SLAVE PUMP,SIGNAL RELAY.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CKM-eD8Ulwo/SwP704pVE-I/AAAAAAAAAHg/BrEmx9CIQAk/s1600/misc-01012003_16.JPG

Cool....does anyone here have the full address of this place and phone number? Any particular mech i should be looking for when i'm there?

There r only two mec yes one is Norman 97681429 the other is William 90618554... Call them if u wanna go down... they open at abt 10.30am and close quite late abt 10pm usually.. Anything just quote my name... Cheers..

http://www.superbikeitalia.com/images/16_118200774533pm.jpg

Good to know that the bike is sorted, Yohji.

Happy New Year, guys.

Cheers

Cat

Hi Coolcat,

Yeah I am glad too. Hope to get the bike sorted out nicely and finally when I visit Racewerks. I plan to let them do my yearly service (timing belt, valve clearance, etc.)

There r only two mec yes one is Norman 97681429 the other is William 90618554... Call them if u wanna go down... they open at abt 10.30am and close quite late abt 10pm usually.. Anything just quote my name... Cheers..

Thanks Randy. They open Mon-Sat? How abt public holidays?

c26492.jpg

This is fine for Yani, but for my 400 brethen, you cannot use this. Apparently the 400 wires are VERY different from the 6xx which is very different from the 9xx:cry:

The mind is like a parachute; it only works when open.

This is fine for Yani, but for my 400 brethen, you cannot use this. Apparently the 400 wires are VERY different from the 6xx which is very different from the 9xx:cry:

should be ok...cause so long it carb model it can be considered

There's more fun in making slow bike go fast than making a fast bike faster:angel: FOR SALE KAWASAKI ZEPHYR EBC BRAKE PADS FA129HH.DUC CLUTCH SLAVE PUMP,SIGNAL RELAY.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CKM-eD8Ulwo/SwP704pVE-I/AAAAAAAAAHg/BrEmx9CIQAk/s1600/misc-01012003_16.JPG

I gave William a call earlier and dropped my bike off with him for a full service this afternoon....both him and Norman seem like nice and sincere chaps although William's experience with ducatis does seem a bit limited (by his own admission he has never worked on a ducati superbike). But definitely a very nice guy and not pretentious at all (unlike some #*#*% mechanics at minerva workshop). We'll see how well things turn out when i pick the bike up

Just in case anyone is wondering the address is as follows:

Racewerks

Bukit Merah Lane 2, #01-18

Its basically in the alexandra industrial park area thingy like tabako says. Almost next to the NEA building opposite IKEA, just a little deeper in

I gave William a call earlier and dropped my bike off with him for a full service this afternoon....both him and Norman seem like nice and sincere chaps although William's experience with ducatis does seem a bit limited (by his own admission he has never worked on a ducati superbike). But definitely a very nice guy and not pretentious at all (unlike some #*#*% mechanics at minerva workshop). We'll see how well things turn out when i pick the bike up

Just in case anyone is wondering the address is as follows:

Racewerks

Bukit Merah Lane 2, #01-18

Its basically in the alexandra industrial park area thingy like tabako says. Almost next to the NEA building opposite IKEA, just a little deeper in

can ask for me wheter the fix leaky forks?

Hi all,

Just need to ask for some advice . Is it a good idea to fix " scott oiler " on my Monster 400 ? It's an auto chain oiler sold in Moto world. It's my first chain operated bike, so not really sure how to oil the chain myself. currently my chain is really black and a bit rusty.

Thank you all

a scott oiler is always good i guess,saves e trouble of washing/waxing e chain. tho i personally think it's a little costly. if u dont mind juz regularly lubricating yr chain i think u can save tht money for some other nice stuff for yr monster.

it's simple to wash yr chain. juz buy a can of "degreser" from ah boy for $8. spray it on. n use a brush to scrub the rest of the grease awy.use any dishwashing liquid(i use "mama lemon") to wash it cleaner if u wan. also buy a can of "chain wax" then juz spray it on evenly. u got to push yr bike to lubricate e rest of yr chain.

Thanks Duke,

So when washing the chain i have to push the bike to clean the whole chain also , is that correct? How to push the bike and clean and wax the chain ? do i need to get a friend to help push while i clean? I am so sorry for all these stupid question, but i really have no idea at all.

Any workshop provide chain cleaning service?

Thanks Duke,

So when washing the chain i have to push the bike to clean the whole chain also , is that correct? How to push the bike and clean and wax the chain ? do i need to get a friend to help push while i clean? I am so sorry for all these stupid question, but i really have no idea at all.

Any workshop provide chain cleaning service?

Hi Moonster,

Here's a trick that you might want to try.

It was taught to me by another ex-monster rider.

1. Park your bike as normal.

2. Stood at the back end of the bike and use your right knee to tilt up the rear wheel by supporting the knee to the exhaust.

3. Spray your chain lube as needed.

Smoke, and ride around the neighborhood after 30mins.

Cheers!

Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.

Hi Moonster,

Here's a trick that you might want to try.

It was taught to me by another ex-monster rider.

1. Park your bike as normal.

2. Stood at the back end of the bike and use your right knee to tilt up the rear wheel by supporting the knee to the exhaust.

3. Spray your chain lube as needed.

Smoke, and ride around the neighborhood after 30mins.

Cheers!

Ha..ha... Cool..will try this weekend...hope and pray i don't drop my bike. .:cry:

Hey ducateers! Anyone good with wiring? I got this headlight but can't get it to work. Any ideas how the 8 wires work to the current 4? High beam and low beam connection? Tried many combinations and kept blowing my beam fuses!

http://www.flyncycle.com/acatalog/RAGE_UNIVERSAL_FAIRINGS.html

Any help any ideas much appreciated. Tks and ride safe!

Cheers Ducateers!

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_xzSC2pmJ8UI/SET5GvSeE4I/AAAAAAAAASI/f-Qi56AunX0/s800/P1060703.jpg

Live life with a Duc!

http://picasaweb.google.com/monty400

Hi all,

Just need to ask for some advice . Is it a good idea to fix " scott oiler " on my Monster 400 ? It's an auto chain oiler sold in Moto world. It's my first chain operated bike, so not really sure how to oil the chain myself. currently my chain is really black and a bit rusty.

Thank you all

Hallo Moonster,

Hehe your nick name is very cute. BTW I use the stone age method to clean and wax my chain. That means I clean and wax as much chain as I can reach first. Then I push the bike forward or backward to clean and wax the next section of the chain. I think you got to push the bike about 3-4 times to fully cover the whole chain. If you have extra $$, you can buy a hydraulic jack or a bike stand. Saves alot of time :)

If I'm not wrong, Scott Oiler uses oil right? But I prefer wax because it lasts longer and doesn't splash around so easil compared to oil.

c26492.jpg

vince: yea tht's a bettter way actualli, but a little tricky e first time ! saw yr bike at kallang's hope its better alre !

mazlanhasan: hey bro i got an almost 99% similar one from ah boy 2 yrs ago. their mech took 15 mins to fix everything up. maybe u could drop by any bike shop i'm sure they can do it for u. sry i couldnt offer much help.on a note, they didnt use all the wires tho. heh