SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

😄 Yeah there is loads of information on here on on the Ducati Forums, but in terms of F/C this depends on how you twist the throttle and type of ridding you do. I ride ever day and normally go through a tank every week and a half, but at only $22 a time (high octane) never felt the need to work it out. Service is every 7,500 kms, but most guys get oil changed once in between, but again depends on how often you ride and the type of oil you use. In all a 696 should not be that much more expensive once you have it than any other full size bike, unless you find yourself thumbing through the Rizoma catalog, as that can get your wallet smoking.... 😝 Resale values should be better assuming you look after it, and a good community here and online. So what are you waiting for......

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

😄 Yeah there is loads of information on here on on the Ducati Forums, but in terms of F/C this depends on how you twist the throttle and type of ridding you do. I ride ever day and normally go through a tank every week and a half, but at only $22 a time (high octane) never felt the need to work it out. Service is every 7,500 kms, but most guys get oil changed once in between, but again depends on how often you ride and the type of oil you use. In all a 696 should not be that much more expensive once you have it than any other full size bike, unless you find yourself thumbing through the Rizoma catalog, as that can get your wallet smoking.... 😝 Resale values should be better assuming you look after it, and a good community here and online. So what are you waiting for......

Dude, i suggest u look at ur owners manual. Ur service intervals should be wrong.

696 fc should be abt 23kml. 1100 should be abt 20kml.

I'm currently riding M696.

FC for mine is abt 20km/l

If you buy from Minerva and intend to keep their warranty, servicing of your bike will be the first 1000km and every 12000km. Your bike will indicate that it's time for yoru servicing with a spanner image on your screen.

I have yet to go for my 12000km servicing yet but heard from my friend that it will cost abt $400. 24000km will be the major servicing.

As for me, I intend to change my engine oil in between the required mileage i.e 6000km.

selling my Termi end can if anyone is interested :)

My Ride is a Monster..... So am I

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/9646/28161410150369521227306.jpg

Hello people happy new year, I'm letting go my lovely M4. Contact me at 81234066 thank you.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/used_bikes/4149/ducati_monster_400/

Sick of it already?? Or already have your eye on another type of 2-wheeled monster ? :)

You know it's gonna be very hard to ride anything else than a Ducati, right ? :lol:

Let's catch up sometime yeah? I haven't seen you in so long, hope everything is well :)

Whoever ends up with your Duc will be lucky, if all riders took such good care of their bikes as you do yours, second hand bikes would be like riding a new one!

Pulsarians Singapore on Facebook:

The Page: http://fb.me/SingaporePulsarians For general news and info

The Group: http://fb.me/groups/pulsarianssg/ For all the interaction

between Pulsarians, maintenance tips, accessories, trips & meet-ups and of course live answers to all your questions !

Hey there,

Anyone ever installed a speedymoto tallboy clip ons before? If yes, where to get it installed, how much, and is the wires and cables long enuf to fit?? Coz i already bought it. Just waiting for time and place to fix.

And my 24K service coming up soon. And i've only rode my 696 for a year now. Is my mileage too high?? Asked Excel cycle how much theyd take my bike and they say they only take it at $12k. That bad mehhh the depreciation???

Help.

Hey there,

Anyone ever installed a speedymoto tallboy clip ons before? If yes, where to get it installed, how much, and is the wires and cables long enuf to fit?? Coz i already bought it. Just waiting for time and place to fix.

And my 24K service coming up soon. And i've only rode my 696 for a year now. Is my mileage too high?? Asked Excel cycle how much theyd take my bike and they say they only take it at $12k. That bad mehhh the depreciation???

Help.

A 2008 696 should fetch about $16k, 2009 about $17k-$18k... $12k is quite ridiculous, you do the maths...

NSR150SP -> Wave 125S ->CB400Spec II -> R607 -> DRZ400SM -> CB400Spec II -> Ducati Monster 400 -> Suzuki Swift/Gilera ST200 -> Colt Version R -> Jazz GD1 -> ???

Hey there,

Help.

U wanna install a tallboy? Ur cables might be long enough but ur whole riding position will change. The angle alone is diff. And did u buy the 50mm or 53mm. Look for raymond, its a straight forward enough job. Just as long as cables are long enough.

12k take in price is abt there subjective to wat yr. thats why most ppl sell theirs to direct buyers to get back as much as possible. 2007 696 would transact abt 14-15k.

Yup thot of installing em. But ive read other forums that i need a bracke/spacer for the brake n clutch. Ive asked Minerva but apparent dun dare install them coz there's no instruction manual for installing the tallboys. And i do hope the cables & wires are long enuf.

Aniwaes, mine is a 2010 model bought on feb 2011. Was realli shocked to be quoted 12k for my bike.

Unless you wrecked the bike and it's in crap condition there's only one way to describe the price they gave you: they want to rob you.

I say bypass the shops, and sell it to a direct buyer like it was suggested above. Less headache, more transparency and you stay in control of the selling price.

Pulsarians Singapore on Facebook:

The Page: http://fb.me/SingaporePulsarians For general news and info

The Group: http://fb.me/groups/pulsarianssg/ For all the interaction

between Pulsarians, maintenance tips, accessories, trips & meet-ups and of course live answers to all your questions !

Does anyone here have the ducati performance ECU, Termis, Race filter installed on their 696? Is it legal if it if installed from Minerva? Any experiences with the 'white ants'?

NSR150SP -> Wave 125S ->CB400Spec II -> R607 -> DRZ400SM -> CB400Spec II -> Ducati Monster 400 -> Suzuki Swift/Gilera ST200 -> Colt Version R -> Jazz GD1 -> ???

Does anyone here have the ducati performance ECU, Termis, Race filter installed on their 696? Is it legal if it if installed from Minerva? Any experiences with the 'white ants'?

Yes it cannot be homogated. Unless upon purchase thru ducati u buy the approve-able pipes which they will homogate for u.

Hi all ! Maybe some one here could help me with some questions. I'm waiting for my TP , and I'm considering between a monster 1100 and a S4RS. What is the difference between a monster 1100 and a S4RS ? The price and performance ? Most importantly I want a monster with dry clutch , so evo is out of the question. Any kind souls ? Thanks alot !!!

Hi all ! Maybe some one here could help me with some questions. I'm waiting for my TP , and I'm considering between a monster 1100 and a S4RS. What is the difference between a monster 1100 and a S4RS ? The price and performance ? Most importantly I want a monster with dry clutch , so evo is out of the question. Any kind souls ? Thanks alot !!!

These are very different bikes. Other then the fact at they are naked, they generally are 2 diff bikes.

1100 - 2v, 95bhp, wet clutch(unless its the older models)

S4rs - 4v, 134bhp, dry clutch(but still based in the older steel baskets and hubs which u can buy aftermarket parts)

The s4rs is basically a naked 999 so to speak.

Fc got the 2v engines are always better then the 4v. The s4rs is the last of the superbike monsters.

Prices will always vary so i wont touch on it.