SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2012 - A New Bike awaits you Brandon. Monster 696 lahh bro! Make my day haha..(pls sell me your accessories ^^)

2012 - SLE/TPE | 4AM |2 TP's |123km/h | 8 Demerit Points

Cant wait for 2013....

Sorry lah bike sold already and I missed her so much

Sick of it already?? Or already have your eye on another type of 2-wheeled monster ? :)

You know it's gonna be very hard to ride anything else than a Ducati, right ? :lol:

Let's catch up sometime yeah? I haven't seen you in so long, hope everything is well :)

Whoever ends up with your Duc will be lucky, if all riders took such good care of their bikes as you do yours, second hand bikes would be like riding a new one!

Lol people thinks I'm crazy lol...... Prata together soon.

Hello Everyone!

Im ZhengCai and just started riding a monster 695 in Nov last year. Sadly, I crashed, real bad last sunday (thankfully I'm still alive, with not major injuries)

Amidst the numerous parts that needs to be replaced, I'm most troubled by the Instrument Cluster. It seems like i must pay around 1.6k to replace it, cause apparently the Gauge, ECU, Key and immobilizer, and what-not, all need to be replaced at one go.

I ran some search on the net and read about the possibility of only getting a new Gauge, while keeping the existing circuit board somewhere, that way will be able to save a fair bit of cash.

Also read something about bypassing the immobilizer totally and just not have the it. not sure if this is really feasible?

My technical knowledge is really really limited, not to mention all these super complicated issues, is really giving me a big headache (on top of the heartache after seeing my bike)

Anyone able to share experience or comment abt the situation? Btw my bike is with Raymond at Bike Harbour.

Thanks!!

Hello Everyone!

Im ZhengCai and just started riding a monster 695 in Nov last year. Sadly, I crashed, real bad last sunday (thankfully I'm still alive, with not major injuries)

Amidst the numerous parts that needs to be replaced, I'm most troubled by the Instrument Cluster. It seems like i must pay around 1.6k to replace it, cause apparently the Gauge, ECU, Key and immobilizer, and what-not, all need to be replaced at one go.

I ran some search on the net and read about the possibility of only getting a new Gauge, while keeping the existing circuit board somewhere, that way will be able to save a fair bit of cash.

Also read something about bypassing the immobilizer totally and just not have the it. not sure if this is really feasible?

My technical knowledge is really really limited, not to mention all these super complicated issues, is really giving me a big headache (on top of the heartache after seeing my bike)

Anyone able to share experience or comment abt the situation? Btw my bike is with Raymond at Bike Harbour.

Thanks!!

Glad you are ok.

Hi. I just bought my first ducati monster 1100 evo. I dun know much abt ducati bikes. Just wanna try and bought one. Will be out on the road next week. However cant seem to get a st legal termig carbon fiber slip on pipes. The st legal are all stainless steel ones and are ugly. Haha

What other choices can i make on ducati exhaust systems. Any shop to recommend? How bout leo vince or arrow...any ideas?

My Yamaha R1

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2533/4130188904_fb70474513_o.jpg

Hi. I just bought my first ducati monster 1100 evo. I dun know much abt ducati bikes. Just wanna try and bought one. Will be out on the road next week. However cant seem to get a st legal termig carbon fiber slip on pipes. The st legal are all stainless steel ones and are ugly. Haha

What other choices can i make on ducati exhaust systems. Any shop to recommend? How bout leo vince or arrow...any ideas?

No carbon for you I'm afraid thats if you want to stay legal, and this narrows down some of the choices. Reason is the catalytic converter is in the end of the can, and for this to do its job, it produces heat higher than what the carbon can take with out burning up.

Options are Arrow, LeoVince, Akrapovic in Alloy or Titanium, as while are others out there I doubt they are on the LTA list. One of the GMax owners has a Monster Evo with an LV on (they are the importer after all) if you want to see how one looks in person. It is normally out front of their store in Ubi area.

Yea , I saw that post. But I'm still waiting for TP leh. Don't wanna give myself pressure. Because there is another guy selling his S4Rs as he had failed 3 times. Better buy the bike after I passed my TP. Thanks alot !

Bahahaha... that very unfortunate guy is me :cry:

Hi guys,

I'm a proud owner of a used 696. Just picked it up today and all i can say is that the ride is fantastic!

Just wanna ask, as my bike comes installed with carbon termi, i realised it is missing the muffler (some ppl call it silencer), making the bike excessively loud.

Does anyone knows where i can get the muffler from either brand new or 2nd hand? Or any of u guys r selling it?

And also, is it possible to find a mainstand for this bike?

Finally, if anyone is selling accessories for 696 do let me know too!

Enjoy your new ride :)

Hi DUCATI Monster riders.

Im in dilemma in buying a few of the Ducati Models.

Please advise me.

1. Ducati Monster 1100

2. Ducati Streetfighter

3. Ducati Monster 1100evo

There's another thing too. Since the Ducati Monster 1100 Radiator is small is it reliable? Is the temperature fluctuating? I fear of engine over-heat due to our

climate here.

Please advise me.

1. Ducati Monster 1100

2. Ducati Streetfighter

There's another thing too. Since the Ducati Monster 1100 Radiator is small is it reliable? Is the temperature fluctuating? I fear of engine over-heat due to our

climate here.

In general, the ecu will cut off when the bike hits 118 degrees.

The 1100 is a 2v bike while the street fighter is a 4v bike. 2 very different bikes. U gotta ask urself wat u want out of the bikes.

Hi bros, anyone here owners of the m900? Reviews? Did a lot of search on the net. Down right great basic

Monster. Anyone can give me first hand review. Both carb and FI models? Thanks guys

Relatively ptless to do the research if u cant find 1. But wat u wanna know?

Hi dodobird. As a matter of fact I'm already looking out for the m900 and there is one

For sale that a know of. I was curious to know of the big difference of problems (if any) between the carb and the efi models. Seems that the early carb ones had issues with clutch slave stl infer burning out.

Please advise me.

1. Ducati Monster 1100

2. Ducati Streetfighter

climate here.

The radiator on the Monster 1100 is not really a radiator, it's an Oil Cooler, and is fine for our roads. As DB says very different engines, so comes down to style, as both plenty fast enough for our roads. Never tried the SF, but the 4v's are supposed to have less torque more top end power, where as 2v are better at the bottom end. In terms of 1100 verses 1100evo, they are pretty similar, unlikely to find a used Evo yet though. The exhausts and rearsets are the main visual difference, and it comes with traction control and abs, which were optional on the 1100/1100s. Also the Evo also has a wet clutch, so you cannot open up the casing with any bling like the older bikes.

You would have a lot of fun on any of the Ducati models, so best to try and get a test ride from the team at Minerva

Please advise me.

1. Ducati Monster 1100

2. Ducati Streetfighter

climate here.

The radiator on the Monster 1100 is not really a radiator, it's an Oil Cooler, and is fine for our roads. As DB says very different engines, so comes down to style, as both plenty fast enough for our roads. Never tried the SF, but the 4v's are supposed to have less torque more top end power, where as 2v are better at the bottom end. In terms of 1100 verses 1100evo, they are very similar, unlikely to find a used Evo yet though. The exhausts and rearsets are the main visual difference, and it comes standard with traction control and abs, which i believe were optional on the 1100/1100s. Also the Evo also has a wet clutch, so you cannot open up the casing with any bling like one the older bikes.

You would have a lot of fun on any of the Ducati models, so would be best to try and get a test ride from the team at Minerva.

Hi dodobird. As a matter of fact I'm already looking out for the m900 and there is one

For sale that a know of. I was curious to know of the big difference of problems (if any) between the carb and the efi models. Seems that the early carb ones had issues with clutch slave stl infer burning out.

They both share different problems. No ducati is problem free especially after age.

Care to share which m900 u looking @? There are only that many.

If ur concern is the clutch slave, most ppl change out the stock regardless of model to the uprated 28/30mm aftermarket models. Cost only a few hundred bucks.

If u looking for something that goes fast, no pt looking @ the m900. But if u intend of taking it slow and enjoy its superior handling then okie.

my ride feels rather wobbly...

any idea ?

I am afraid its something to do.with the shock... how much will the servicing of rear shock cost . ??? btw its a m400

Check the following:

1. Steering column bearings

2. Wheel/tires high speed balancing

3. Rear shock (to my knowledge cannot be serviced)

4. Front / rear axles (shaft)

Hi,

A friend of mine is selling his 1994 M900. He had done a lot of good mods to it to improve its performance and its outlook. The upgrades brings the bike to be on par with a S4 top end power but stills retaining its 2V low end torque. He had changed the block and has high compression pistons. The carbs are now FCR carbs. New wiring harness, etc. Also a new paint job for the frame and the rest of the bike.

If anyone is interested pls contact him directly at 81154300 to discuss. I am just helping him to spread the word so pls don't ask me any questions. Thank you.