SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Kawasaki ZX10R Technicial Issue!

Alex31

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by GerardSantaCruz@Feb 6 2006, 09:39 PM

i just gotten 636 manual...whooping 597pages!

softcopy... anyone wants it can PM me...

im too lazy to flip, so kawi, u tell me. hehe

:sweat:

So u gonna get a 10 or a 6?? Have not decide??? Maybe by the time u decided the new 10 is here liow. Waiting to see the new bike again. Its only next month if they didnt bogus. Wanna go see together??

http://www.imperial-concepts.com/web/images/zoom/MSALFE/dsc1102_resize.jpg

Originally posted by SKIMMER@Feb 6 2006, 09:48 PM

anyone selling 10r damper? do pm me in privete ,,,thanks..

Please DO get a damper. I installed an Ohlins before heading down to PG. While I was there, I cracked open the throttle at 3rd gear after turn 4 and after the last turn (front straight) and the front wobbled slightly. Quite balls drop. Can't imagine what it would've been like without a damper. I'm gonna cranked it up to max for my next track day.

Originally posted by clubhead@Feb 7 2006, 11:01 PM

Please DO get a damper. I installed an Ohlins before heading down to PG. While I was there, I cracked open the throttle at 3rd gear after turn 4 and after the last turn (front straight) and the front wobbled slightly. Quite balls drop. Can't imagine what it would've been like without a damper. I'm gonna cranked it up to max for my next track day.

just to chk with you, bitubo is better than ohlins?

Ventura Puig Keiti Bagster Motovation Akrapovic BMC Pazzo GPR RaceShield Brembo Bridgestone EBC

Arai AGV Alpinestar Dainese Sidi Coolmax

I was quoted 700++ for arrows damper. Price any good?? Been reading articles on tank slappers think was bout time to invest in one thou have not experience it and do not wish to. Hehehehee.... Im just a slow poke. :lol:

Originally posted by VoLcAnO@Feb 8 2006, 01:15 PM

guys..izzit advisable to upsize rear sproket by 5 teeth?if not wad would be the suitable amt?plz enlighten?

Y do you wanna do tat?? U add more teeth to the rear sprocket u will reduce ur speed mah. But u gain torque. So dun grab too big a handful during ur knee scraping sessions. :thumb: :goodluck:

Originally posted by GerardSantaCruz@Feb 8 2006, 01:25 AM

just to chk with you, bitubo is better than ohlins?

I can't comment on that, neither am I qualified to do so. The job of the damper is pretty straight forward so I think there's minimal differences between the reputable brands. Some offer more level of adjustments than others but I'm sure most of us would not be able to feel the diff between 1-2 clicks.

Just get one that's reliable and don't leak all over your bikes.... Good things don't come cheap and cheap things are seldom good. Go by that and you should be safe :)

Originally posted by VoLcAnO@Feb 8 2006, 04:32 PM

i dropped a teeth from the front..should be juz enuff...as far as i know..10r's pickup is slower due to the tall 1st gear..tat should solve it.. :thumb:

Hmmm... before you do that, ask yourself whether you can do almost full throttle 1st gear launches on the bike without lifting the front and crashing out. For that matter, even 2nd gear full throttle. If you can't, why bother with the gear ratios?

The bike's powerful enough and unless you're going for a drag race, you're not going to feel the diff much. In fact, it makes the bike even more dangerous if you're not careful with your throttle control. Your margin of error is effectively reduced by doing that. Grab 1mm too much throttle over a corner when the street is wet and good luck!

Originally posted by clubhead@Feb 8 2006, 11:08 PM

Hmmm... before you do that, ask yourself whether you can do almost full throttle 1st gear launches on the bike without lifting the front and crashing out. For that matter, even 2nd gear full throttle. If you can't, why bother with the gear ratios?

The bike's powerful enough and unless you're going for a drag race, you're not going to feel the diff much. In fact, it makes the bike even more dangerous if you're not careful with your throttle control. Your margin of error is effectively reduced by doing that. Grab 1mm too much throttle over a corner when the street is wet and good luck!

Hey,thx for the advise dude!

Let The Good Times Roll

Originally posted by kawi71@Feb 8 2006, 12:10 PM

I was quoted 700++ for arrows damper. Price any good?? Been reading articles on tank slappers think was bout time to invest in one thou have not experience it and do not wish to. Hehehehee.... Im just a slow poke. :lol:

so bro ,,i was told that sprint damper is good,, any idea what type of damper can install from the inner....is there any or none..???if there is ,,,which shop.?:giddy:

Originally posted by kawi71@Feb 7 2006, 10:26 AM

So u gonna get a 10 or a 6?? Have not decide??? Maybe by the time u decided the new 10 is here liow. Waiting to see the new bike again. Its only next month if they didnt bogus. Wanna go see together??

and 1 more thing bro,if u wanna check the new 10r ,,pls pm us so we all can go and check it out together as a ninja family..hehehe:cheeky:

Originally posted by SKIMMER@Feb 9 2006, 09:56 AM

and 1 more thing bro,if u wanna check the new 10r ,,pls pm us so we all can go and check it out together as a ninja family..hehehe:cheeky:

Will difinitely do. Once its here we ae just put our names down n meet somewhere and head on down together. How bout tat? Yeah???

As for the other question..... dun really get you on the "inner" type??? o_O o_O huh??? o_O

Originally posted by clubhead@Feb 8 2006, 11:03 PM

I can't comment on that, neither am I qualified to do so. The job of the damper is pretty straight forward so I think there's minimal differences between the reputable brands. Some offer more level of adjustments than others but I'm sure most of us would not be able to feel the diff between 1-2 clicks.

Just get one that's reliable and don't leak all over your bikes.... Good things don't come cheap and cheap things are seldom good. Go by that and you should be safe :)

hmmmm...... ok. o_O

thanks! :sweat:

Ventura Puig Keiti Bagster Motovation Akrapovic BMC Pazzo GPR RaceShield Brembo Bridgestone EBC

Arai AGV Alpinestar Dainese Sidi Coolmax

Originally posted by VoLcAnO@Feb 16 2006, 11:47 AM

from 'Braking'??dun get it man..

btw,any 10r riders feel their biker very 'tang kui' or 'heavy breath'?

does any1 take out the valve located near the pillion seat? :confused:

The Disc rotors no good???? Care to elaborate???

For the valve, no need to take it out. Just "un-cable" the valve cables can liow. Not much of significance according to some who have done it. Anyway, when u change to after market cans the cable will have to go too. :goodluck:

Originally posted by kawi71@Feb 16 2006, 12:32 PM

The Disc rotors no good???? Care to elaborate???

For the valve, no need to take it out. Just "un-cable" the valve cables can liow. Not much of significance according to some who have done it. Anyway, when u change to after market cans the cable will have to go too. :goodluck:

i meant i dun get it..haha..sorry my england not very powderful..:cheeky:

but it seems beta to ride,slightly faster pickup and louder sound..:smile:

Let The Good Times Roll