SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] ~ Tyres Related Issue

limkim

which tyre do u vote the best all-rounder?  

412 members have voted

1. 1. which tyre do u vote the best all-rounder?

Wad r good tyres for wet weather that are not too high priced that u recommend? How much are front and back for spec2

Btw anyone go msia can do me a favour. I change bike to s4.. Anyone going johor can help me ask shop if spare super four rim he got spare rim lend cos i wan spray. Help me ask if got do spec3 tailboard oso and est price of

1: spraying rim black and body white

2: Spec3 tail

Bro, as of last week, JB Ah Boy quoted me RM$180 to spray rims. He advised to come early so as to allow paint to dry. And better to come during the weekdays.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... Too bad lo. They don't want to prevent then they tell u can't prevent.. The shops that changed my tires.. Always uses those.. What shop is that anyway?

Bro, you remembered the shop already not... I also want to know hahaha

Uniquemotors got promotion for metzela tyres.. vers to revo...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's not about the power or speed or how fast your ride goes but the time & effort spent to achieve something different :cool:

My Toys:

Harley XR1200

CB400-V-tec III (served me well )

Streetfighter S ( never felt better! )

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l274/kkioz/P7111015-1-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys I recently got a version S. I mod it to make it look more like a cafe racer. I'm thinking of getting bigger front tyers to make it more "cafe racer" style.

I understand that the appropriate size is 110 for s4? Would upsizing it to 120 be an issue? In terms of handling corners and stuff like that. I was told by my bike shop that it will cause the bike to be heavier.

But does bigger front tyres really affect bike handling that much? Would appreciate any advise! Thanks!

• 2 months later...
It should be quite a good tire, didn't come across reviews mentioning road noises. Was it just on some road surfaces?

No... Seems to be from 30kmh on... It's like the rubber against road kind of sound... Not sure what it is still. Can't find anything rubbing against anything yet... Quite worrying as previously no sound at all...

What I notice is that PR4 has little 'sipes' isn't it? I think that should contribute to giving more road noises. But cannot be sure about that. Need somebody using a PR4 to confirm.

Just for the record, I was looking for this set of tire as well but unfortunately not available back then..

Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

What I notice is that PR4 has little 'sipes' isn't it? I think that should contribute to giving more road noises. But cannot be sure about that. Need somebody using a PR4 to confirm.

Just for the record, I was looking for this set of tire as well but unfortunately not available back then..

Yup. There are new lines cut at the front tire. Seems to help with wet traction. First impression now is that it really "sticky". Even in a wet hdb car park when I tried to jam my brakes, my abs doesn't even need to come on now. Previously it came on. And this tire is still brand new... The "wax" haven't even all came off yet. Other than the new sound... I'm really happy with it. What's a little noisy if it can keep traction.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a rear Metzeler M5 160/60-ZR17 69W , bought for my BMW R1150R , mechanic told me is alright which actually I needed too use 170/60-ZR17 ,but it is not so after a month and 500km , asking if any Super Four riders wants it for $100 , brand new is $170 ,

Specs of the tire http://www.motorcycle.com/products/metzeler-sportec-m5-review-89457.html

Pls contact me Nine one one 2 one 6 3 8 Chris image.jpgimage.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi guys, gonna change my tyres soon on my revo.

Been looking at Dunlop gpr 200. Any reviews.

I'm more concern about the grip on dry and wet roads.

Thanks in advance. =)

Sent from my SM-T715Y using Tapatalk

if you are concern about grip on wet and dry roads...can go for michelin pilot road 4...if you are on a budget...michelin pilot road 3 also works fine along with metzeler roadtec z8....personally used michelin road 3 and they are great for wet days along with great mileage....I tink i was able to get 15k km from the rear tyre and 30k km from the front....

also can google which are the better wet tyres for 2016....dont mistaken the pirelli angel ST for the pirelli angel GT....so far i have not seen pirelli angel GT offering for sizes from 120 and rear 160....cheers...

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...