SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] ~ Tyres Related Issue

limkim

which tyre do u vote the best all-rounder?  

412 members have voted

1. 1. which tyre do u vote the best all-rounder?

Hi guys. Just bought a spec3. Changed tyre to pilot road 2. Around the rims i can see some small metal plates (abt 1cmx1cm) sticking on it. And i also realise that theres some marks "stains from black tape" indicating that theres suppose to be metal plates there but was taken out hence leaving the mark. What is this metal plate? Thanks in advance for any advice!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys. Just bought a spec3. Changed tyre to pilot road 2. Around the rims i can see some small metal plates (abt 1cmx1cm) sticking on it. And i also realise that theres some marks "stains from black tape" indicating that theres suppose to be metal plates there but was taken out hence leaving the mark. What is this metal plate? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Basically they are weights to balance ur wheels..

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm currently using bridgestone battlax BT016 for almost 10mths est 13000km. Now it is starting to lose it grips and I intend to change my tires. Althought the tyre is damn solid (one of the best I think) but is the tyre usually run out at 13000km? How long does it usually last?

I'm considering change BT023 as seen in the forum that sports touring tyre last longer, but how is the grip like? Is it a good tyre and will it last longer than the BT016?

Thanks all for your input.

Former rides:

HONDA SP (FP4733L) - CAGIVA MITO (FS7923U) - GILERA RUNNER (FS6524U) - HONDA SHADOW (FP5522Y) - HONDA PCX (FBF3971Y) - HONDA CB400 VTEC 1 (FS2994Y) - YAMAHA FZ1S (FBA5057A) - HONDA CBR400RR-R (FQ6676A)

Current ride:

Dec 2013-Present: Kia Picanto (M)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

A bit off topic, apologies in advance.

Am looking at changing the rims to spoke rims.

Any ideas? and what are the stock rims sizes? i think currently 3in width for front and 4in width at rear and are both front and back 17in?

Hi guys, anyone used shinko tyres on their S4 before?

Would like to know review of the tyres from first-hand experience...

I'm curious about their performance... If its not safe for roads, surely it won't be on sale in singapore...

Goodee hor hot goodee... Mat witz sebastian! :p

Hi guys, anyone used shinko tyres on their S4 before?

Would like to know review of the tyres from first-hand experience...

I'm curious about their performance... If its not safe for roads, surely it won't be on sale in singapore...

Shinko? Well... Use it at your own risk if you think your life is worth the amount you pay for that rubber

Do a simply survey, walk around your cp n see how many of s4 are using Shinko tyre?

From there on, you can wonder why n be curious again..

:sian:

I've known some S4 riders who use Shinko and their feedback is that it's quite reasonably a good tyre for the money you're paying for and for nromal use. Of course it's not for riders who likes to cheong and expect it perform like Bridgestone or Michelin.

I've known some S4 riders who use Shinko and their feedback is that it's quite reasonably a good tyre for the money you're paying for and for nromal use. Of course it's not for riders who likes to cheong and expect it perform like Bridgestone or Michelin.

Agree with you ..

Shinko tyre is not for the aggressive rider expecting Grip/Milage n ect..

Simply good enough for Point A to Point B distance..

Rubber compound/ grips will nt be good as compared to Entry level tyre like Metzeler/ Battlax/ Michelin/ Continental/ Dunlop/ Pirelli n ect..

Shinko? Well... Use it at your own risk if you think your life is worth the amount you pay for that rubber

Do a simply survey, walk around your cp n see how many of s4 are using Shinko tyre?

From there on, you can wonder why n be curious again..

:sian:

Wah lau bro HaiR1, don't shoot me down liddat, leh... :cry:

Actually, apart from S4 riders, I've also heard of some uncles using shinko on their cls2 bikes!!! Which was why I posted the query in the first place... :faint:

Agree with you ..

Shinko tyre is not for the aggressive rider expecting Grip/Milage n ect..

Simply good enough for Point A to Point B distance..

Rubber compound/ grips will nt be good as compared to Entry level tyre like Metzeler/ Battlax/ Michelin/ Continental/ Dunlop/ Pirelli n ect..

I was wondering if there were "high-grade" shinko tyres, which performance would equal to the mid-range Metzelers,Battlaxs,Michelins et cetera...

The idea is having some savings, but not sacrificing some grip and/or quality... Since most riders in sg don't do touring/distance riding. the furtherest maybe Jb, to pump petrol?

Well SimpleRider .. I have noting against you..

We, fellow rider try to advise you coz we are as a rider ourself..

Instead of saving few Bucks on that tyre, go save up n get a reputable one..

If still not within your budget, downgrade to smaller bike n use BT39, similar to Shinko price but better quality

Well SimpleRider .. I have noting against you..

We, fellow rider try to advise you coz we are as a rider ourself..

Instead of saving few Bucks on that tyre, go save up n get a reputable one..

If still not within your budget, downgrade to smaller bike n use BT39, similar to Shinko price but better quality

No lah... I understand. jk...

I've been using battlax all my life... even for my cupkia!

then the other day I saw one cls2 bike (forgot what it was) using it...

Soo... I got damned curious.

I guess then have to wait til --> MotoGP start using shinko! woohoo! :faint:

• 3 weeks later...
Any one can give advice is rosso II gd for wet and dry weather and the mileage

i am using rosso 2.. gives me dry and wet condition confidence. mileage wise cant advise now.

Die hard Fan of Modern Creation Munich.

• 2 weeks later...

What tyre gives more mileage? M5 or Pilot Road 2?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/ki113r/Mobile%20Uploads/20150407_203245_zpsvojubra6.jpg

2004 - 2005 FR1284A ~ NSR150SP (FILA Paintwork)

2012 - 2013 FS7810L ~ NSR150SP (Pure White)

2013 - 2015 FBE9955K ~ Spec 3 (Pearl White)

2015 - ???? Quit riding

Can't compare M5 with Road 2. Maybe can compare Z8 with Road 2.

But if want to compare, road 2 surely will be better with mileage.

Oh ok. Thanks :)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/ki113r/Mobile%20Uploads/20150407_203245_zpsvojubra6.jpg

2004 - 2005 FR1284A ~ NSR150SP (FILA Paintwork)

2012 - 2013 FS7810L ~ NSR150SP (Pure White)

2013 - 2015 FBE9955K ~ Spec 3 (Pearl White)

2015 - ???? Quit riding

I'm currently using Z8. My first tire was a pilot then M3 now Z8.

To compare all of it? I like the Z8's profile for wet weather, able to maintain stability while cornering at high speed.

Only problem for me with this is, while cornering this tire is a little slow to react to sudden acceleration.

I hope this helps cheers!

I'm currently using Z8. My first tire was a pilot then M3 now Z8.

To compare all of it? I like the Z8's profile for wet weather, able to maintain stability while cornering at high speed.

Only problem for me with this is, while cornering this tire is a little slow to react to sudden acceleration.

I hope this helps cheers!

Hey bro, wanna ask u, your pilot means pilot power ?

I'm intending to change my m3 to pilot power since power is on discount. Wondering is power as good as m3 ? In terms of performance and mileage..

WTS givi e16 smile box, with led @$20

interested party , do PM me..

Yes, you are correct; pilot power. Depends on what profile you want.

M3: Pointy, easy flicking and able to take deeper corners compared to pilot. Doesn't have the "sticky" feeling (actually MOST metzeler doesn't have the sticky feeling).

Pilot power: Sticky feel, more round profile, IMO superb in normal/wet conditions but also botak quite fast. Since got sticky feeling i shall not comment on the grip.

Edited by thechosenx

• 3 weeks later...

Today's weather is soooo hot, gotten a good feel and cornered quite fast today. When I reached the carpark check my back tire I shred the rubber to the tip and Touched it, my finger is like touching tape.

Both side of the tire is so much hotter then the mid part of the tire. Metzeler's Interact technology is working well to give me more contact while in corners. I felt that the Metz M5 will surely perform better in conditions like this (even though I've only tried Metz M3).

Today's weather is soooo hot, gotten a good feel and cornered quite fast today. When I reached the carpark check my back tire I shred the rubber to the tip and Touched it, my finger is like touching tape.

Both side of the tire is so much hotter then the mid part of the tire. Metzeler's Interact technology is working well to give me more contact while in corners. I felt that the Metz M5 will surely perform better in conditions like this (even though I've only tried Metz M3).

Yeah..

M5 is the up version of the M3

If your could bring to track n test .. Or if u not a track junkie, try the bends at Genting n Frazer Hill to test the limit/ grip of the tyre..

Just be sure u have the correct tyre pressure before doin aggressive corner/bends..

If u on solo, adjust the pressure according to single rider.. Tats to optimize the grip

Too much air based on single rider will be abit bumpy n grip will be affected

Just my suggestion