SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Technical - Spark Plugs

riDerz

which sparkplug is the best?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. which sparkplug is the best?

• ngk
    • denso
    • ows

FJT at Rowell Road. $12/pc for NGK. $15/pc for Denso.

:thumb: Just DIY myself. NGK Iridium is good value for money. Improved fuel consumption compared to stock Denso plugs.

You can get wrench at Mustafa.

Bro, that denso is which model ? U24### isit? if it is.. that would be $5 a pc.. been using it for my Version R. It does affect the sound from your exhaust. More bass.. compare to NGK.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:thumb: Just DIY myself. NGK Iridium is good value for money. Improved fuel consumption compared to stock Denso plugs.

Or the shop selling tools, which is a few shops away from Ah boy's shop.

• 2 weeks later...

Bro, that denso is which model ? U24### isit? if it is.. that would be $5 a pc.. been using it for my Version R. It does affect the sound from your exhaust. More bass.. compare to NGK.

@zanwoocheh

Sorry for the late reply as I didn't realise my post on a group thread was moved here by a mod... zzzz....

Anyway, if it's a $5 plug, it is not Iridium. Denso Iridium is more expensive than NGK Iridium. If I'm not mistaken, the Denso Iridiums are sold at $18 or $20 per piece. Is Denso Iridium going to return 50% better performance than the NGKs? I don't think so. That's why I went for NGKs.

Be wary of the source of information for your bike's maintenance. Some FAQs are compiled by people who lack the technical know how. :angel:

• 3 weeks later...

Which shop sell denso normal plug at $5?i use ngk iridium for 4month,nw all black like ****..maybe nt suit my ver s...

Sent from my IPHONE6 using Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...
Which shop sell denso normal plug at $5?i use ngk iridium for 4month,nw all black like ****..maybe nt suit my ver s...

Sent from my IPHONE6 using Tapatalk 2

Black plugs has nothing to do with iridium or other types. It is caused by your over-rich fuel mixture. Adjust your carbs accordingly.

Read these:

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/tech_support/spark_plugs/faqs/faqread.asp

http://modernvespa.com/forum/wiki-2-stroke-carburetor-set-up-technique

hello guys, just wanna check. ive read here that the iridium spark plugs are the best. in terms of lasting at least. but curious...spark plugs are universal right? say from a spark (the bike) to S4 to Haya to Duc or anything...

No, they're not universal. Check your bike manual for the correct type codes. FJT should also be able to tell you which ones are right for your bike.

Be wary of the source of information for your bike's maintenance. Some FAQs are compiled by people who lack the technical know how. :angel:

woah, thanks a lot! i shall go read those links first anyways.

Black plugs has nothing to do with iridium or other types. It is caused by your over-rich fuel mixture. Adjust your carbs accordingly.

Read these:

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/tech_support/spark_plugs/faqs/faqread.asp

http://modernvespa.com/forum/wiki-2-stroke-carburetor-set-up-technique

No, they're not universal. Check your bike manual for the correct type codes. FJT should also be able to tell you which ones are right for your bike.

Most motorcycle problems are a result of the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle

:thumb:

recently i changed from ngk iridium to denso iridium, after change plug, feel pickup drop. Any idea???

It shouldn't drop. Wrong plugs for your bike maybe? Could also be high tension cables not inserted properly into the plug resulting in irregular firing.

• 4 weeks later...

hey ramsnake,

could you share how to DIY the spark plug installation? i tried searching the thread for 'DIY' but didnt get any hits.

or if anyone is able to direct me to a previous post on DIY, that would be great too. thanks!

shiv

Most motorcycle problems are a result of the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle

hey ramsnake,

could you share how to DIY the spark plug installation? i tried searching the thread for 'DIY' but didnt get any hits.

or if anyone is able to direct me to a previous post on DIY, that would be great too. thanks!

shiv

Depends of what bike you ride. On some bikes like the Super Fours and most 2B bikes, the spark plugs are easy to reach. Bikes like the RSV4 is a pain in the u-know-where... After removing the petrol tank and whatever else is in the way of reaching the plugs (e.g. air box), remove the High Tension cables connected to the plugs by just tugging at it. Then you need a spark plug wrench to remove the spark plugs. Your bike standard toolkit should have the wrench. Otherwise, you can be buy one at Mustaffa.

Here is a good guide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct31s5JNhyM

thanks bro! i was a bit brave (but also stupid!)...took out everything and found out where the plugs are...but i didnt have the wrench...stubborn hahah wanted to try my luck see whether can take out with my tool box at home. im gonna take my plug to the shop and find a matching wrench...will try and post some pics for all to see when im done...

Depends of what bike you ride. On some bikes like the Super Fours and most 2B bikes, the spark plugs are easy to reach. Bikes like the RSV4 is a pain in the u-know-where... After removing the petrol tank and whatever else is in the way of reaching the plugs (e.g. air box), remove the High Tension cables connected to the plugs by just tugging at it. Then you need a spark plug wrench to remove the spark plugs. Your bike standard toolkit should have the wrench. Otherwise, you can be buy one at Mustaffa.

Here is a good guide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct31s5JNhyM

oh yeah im riding a spec II btw folks

thanks bro! i was a bit brave (but also stupid!)...took out everything and found out where the plugs are...but i didnt have the wrench...stubborn hahah wanted to try my luck see whether can take out with my tool box at home. im gonna take my plug to the shop and find a matching wrench...will try and post some pics for all to see when im done...

oh yeah im riding a spec II btw folks

Oh, Spec 2 is quite easy. Just remove the petrol tank and you can see the plugs already.

But you definitely need the wrench... :)

• 1 month later...

any opinion on using CPR8EA-9 (Stock fr Spark 135) or CR8E in S4 vtec 1? considering dat cz itz much cheaper ...i ride d bike at least 3500km per mth &at least 42,000km per year ...KL-S'pore-KL almost every week & frequent ride to Thai too ... speed on NSE 140-180kmh ..

• 4 weeks later...
any model number for spec 1? wanna change to iridium plug liao!

any opinion on using CPR8EA-9 (Stock fr Spark 135) or CR8E in S4 vtec 1? considering dat cz itz much cheaper ...i ride d bike at least 3500km per mth &at least 42,000km per year ...KL-S'pore-KL almost every week & frequent ride to Thai too ... speed on NSE 140-180kmh ..

If I'm not mistaken all the Super Fours use the same plugs. I'm using the CR9-EHIX and it was recommended over the CR8EHIX because the CR8 runs hotter.

I'm also doing KL-SG-KL quite often and my speeds are usually in the 160-180 range as I like to ride at night when there's less traffic.

Guys, can you tell me how many months can i change my spark plug?

Generally plugs can last a long time. In those days when plugs were generally plated copper core, all you have to do is to clean the plugs every 10-15000km on cars, check the gap, fit them back and you're good to go.

The Iridiums on my bike have been run for about 15,000km now (about 10 months). With modern technology, they are "self cleaning". The performance on my bike (Revo) is still good with these plugs. I will probably check them at 20k or 25k to see the condition. I expect that they should be able to last at least 40k provided they are not fouled by overly rich or lean air/fuel mixtures or oil due to bad piston rings.

As they only cost $12/piece I'll probably just change them at 25k or 30k. My maintenance routine is not to to wait till a part actually dies... :)

• 2 months later...
$12 a pc for Iridium.. Can I know where u get them? Thx!!

Parts shops near desker or rowell

Road..but diy lah..

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/582610_512257702123995_1975741852_n.jpg

"Irreplaceable"