SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Class 2B age limit changed?

darky

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ehh.. i wonder if u are like me.. at 15 yrs old, last batch of 2B riders who can take license at 16.. i was soooooo sad.. well.. not that sad actually.. cos if they din change, i also no $ to take.. :dot:

The change took place in 1996 Feb when my 16th birthday was 4 mths away.. :angry:

Let The Good Times Roll

• 5 weeks later...

hmm maybe shld change lor if the accident rate keep increasing??? just my 2 cents opinion.. young riders nowadays very reckless.. hmm.. no offence. peace to all. cheers.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8408/sigpic393221.jpg

i think 2b shld be 18 ba ... no more 16 and i think21 is too old for biker haha .

Human is limited by fear... and only if we have courage, we will have a chance to overcome fear.

Partners in my life.

TA200 -2007 till 2010

SUPER4 - 2010 early -2010 end

Fz6 - 2010 -2012

R1 - current

Ya my father also regretted not taking last time, if last time take, now have class 2 liao.

My class mate took his 2B in 1996 too during JC 1, think he was the last batch.

By the time our children take will be 21 years old, and maybe have to first have a class 2C (electric powered scooter) for 1 year then can take class 2B :lol:

Actually, having the age limit raise is safer for the riders, because when older head not so hot, also know how to think, so will rider safer. ie: lesser death rate on the roads. Of course those age 17 + will KPKB if it happen in their year... :cheeky:

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

i think 2b shld be 18 ba ... no more 16 and i think21 is too old for biker haha .

if u are a rider u will think u are too old to ride

http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/77/77526gyu9jzwzn3.gif

i am a just a cute fox with nine tails

Just my thoughts, I am now taking class 2B (license kan tong years ago) and I am over 30 leh. Saw some of the guys learning at the driving school..........

And also I have been driving for over 10 years now, from what I have witness on the roads here. I would really think its a good idea to raise the age limit, although it cannot be said that 21 means that you are a better rider.

What I would say is that when you have children, a wife, parents to take care of, mortgage to service and a career to look forward to, you would think twice before taking a corner at anything above 60kph. Just my thoughts, dunno the other old uncles and aunties here agree with me or not?

Ciaos and ride safe!

Just my thoughts, I am now taking class 2B (license kan tong years ago) and I am over 30 leh. Saw some of the guys learning at the driving school..........

And also I have been driving for over 10 years now, from what I have witness on the roads here. I would really think its a good idea to raise the age limit, although it cannot be said that 21 means that you are a better rider.

What I would say is that when you have children, a wife, parents to take care of, mortgage to service and a career to look forward to, you would think twice before taking a corner at anything above 60kph. Just my thoughts, dunno the other old uncles and aunties here agree with me or not?

Ciaos and ride safe!

This, I would vehemently disagree. It's too restrictive...

If you take this into account (an old guy thinking twice before speeding), we might as well not be adults by the time we're 21. It wouldn't be fair of the authorities were to use your reasoning as the basis for the age limit raise -- it's one-sided.

But then again, let's hope that this does not happen.

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."