SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Which type of petrol do you pump for Phantom?

Sikkandersha

Type of petrol you pump for phantom  

462 members have voted

1. 1. Type of petrol you pump for phantom

• Shell 92
    • Shell 95
    • Shell 98
    • Shell V Power
    • ESSO
    • SPC
    • Gold with Techron 98
    • Silver with Techron 95
    • Dont pump in Singapore at all or sometimes only, prefer to pump in malaysia

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

normally i'll pump SPC 98, coz got higher discount.

occasionally when i go JB, will pump esso lah.

but every 4th time i'll pump techron 98, think it help to do some clean-up, as the adv stated.

my fren also ta200, and he all de way use techron.

actually i think de petrol not much diff for normal road riding. (personal view)

Four Wheels Move the Body, Two Wheels Move the Soul.

Honda Phantom TA200 || Kawasaki ZXR400 || Yamaha YZF-R6 http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-metric2/443649.png

er ... i put 刀標油 。。

ABSOLUTE more power! :cheeky:

Four Wheels Move the Body, Two Wheels Move the Soul.

Honda Phantom TA200 || Kawasaki ZXR400 || Yamaha YZF-R6 http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-metric2/443649.png

i put on esso 95.

i feel v-power is like very rough for mi bike. i tink phantom no pt pump v-power la. haha. i also felt that all those hype about petrol able to clean engine are gimmicks. i tink the truth is that at most what they can do is not to dirty ur engine, but to clean it? i really doubt so.

May 2005 - July 2007: Honda Phantom TA200 (FU 3*** S)

July 2007 - Dec 2016: Honda CB400 Spec III (FBB 7***X)

Dec 2016 - Aug 2017: Yamaha FZ1N (FBD 4***E)

Aug 2017 - Present: Kawasaki Z1000SX (FBF 6***B)

Boono :cool:

i usually cruise up the causeway to pump my baby..@ malaysia i'll go for V-POWER or Techron GOLD.Personally i perfer Tech Gold.Hey guys,just wanna ask is there any difference in Malaysia's and Singapore's fuel ? Heard that Malaysia's fuel have lesser RON as compared to Singapore's.Is that true?

If I go Forward, Follow me

If I hesitate, Push me

If they kill me, Avenge me

If I'm a traitor, Kill me

My dad told me that there is no difference. It's just publicity.

For me, I go for Caltex Techron 95 all the way because the petrol kiosk is near my workplace and home! :thumb:

Biking is something that everyone can learn and enjoy! :goodluck:

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/s4dreamer/Laos%20n%20Cambodia%20Trip%2011%20to%2028%20May%202009/Poipet-Cambodia1.jpg

oOk.kewl.Thx s4^dreamer!

Hey 06apr06, no need to pump Techron Gold! That's too expensive! Don't waste your money!! Save your money on other things (like new brakes, new horns, etc...)

And... don't mention it!

Biking is something that everyone can learn and enjoy! :goodluck:

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/s4dreamer/Laos%20n%20Cambodia%20Trip%2011%20to%2028%20May%202009/Poipet-Cambodia1.jpg

For me I go for Shell 95, tried shell 98 and Vpower but FC not as good as Shell 95, 36km/litre so far the best from shell 95.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/the80schihuahua/bikesmall.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/the80schihuahua/Image006-1-1.jpg

Flaws Imperfects My Perfection

For me I go for Shell 95, tried shell 98 and Vpower but FC not as good as Shell 95, 36km/litre so far the best from shell 95.

agreed. tried shell 92, 98, V-power and esso 8000. best milage was achieved w shell 95 (37km/ltr), and not just that, engine sounds most quiet and smooth w shell 95 than even 98 or V-power.:thumb:

The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.

The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.

1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?

2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

agreed. tried shell 92, 98, V-power and esso 8000. best milage was achieved w shell 95 (37km/ltr), and not just that, engine sounds most quiet and smooth w shell 95 than even 98 or V-power.:thumb:

oh really? thats interesting i will try it the next fill! is there a physical explanation for that? whats the diff between 95, 98 and VP? only the additives?

>>> Guys, if you want a nice picture with you and your bike: pm me ... got dslr equipment. <<<

you can try dripping some onto yr taste buds hahaha..jk jk don't try!! dude just give 98 a try then the next pump v-power and you'll feel like going faster and faster if there ain't no traffic lights that is ;)

oh really? thats interesting i will try it the next fill! is there a physical explanation for that? whats the diff between 95, 98 and VP? only the additives?

No idea, i actually decides to switch to shell 95 after flipping through and came across one news articles talking about different grade of petrol research done by the journalist. And they foudn out that Shell 95 gives greatest RPM results and stuff etc (sorry, not very knowlegable in technical aspect :p ) and the redundancy of using Vpower and 98 for normal usage bikes, unless yours a sports car or bikes...So, i tried switching from vpower/98 to 95 and the results are great.

Good FC... :thumb:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/the80schihuahua/bikesmall.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/the80schihuahua/Image006-1-1.jpg

Flaws Imperfects My Perfection

:offtopic: i heard putting mothball in ur tank helps to boost up bike performance..dun know whether isit true or what.any1 with the right explanation? :)

If I go Forward, Follow me

If I hesitate, Push me

If they kill me, Avenge me

If I'm a traitor, Kill me

:offtopic: i heard putting mothball in ur tank helps to boost up bike performance..dun know whether isit true or what.any1 with the right explanation? :)

that is discuss b4 in some other thread. if i'm not wrong the explaination is that it will only help if the petrol that u r using is of the really lousy grade type like below 90 kind (available in some countries) and adding of moth ball will turn that sub-90 grade petrol into maybe RON 90 (or something else) but for singapore petrol, min ron is 92, hence adding of mothball have no use at all. It might even degrade ur petrol!!!

No idea, i actually decides to switch to shell 95 after flipping through and came across one news articles talking about different grade of petrol research done by the journalist. And they foudn out that Shell 95 gives greatest RPM results and stuff etc (sorry, not very knowlegable in technical aspect :p ) and the redundancy of using Vpower and 98 for normal usage bikes, unless yours a sports car or bikes...So, i tried switching from vpower/98 to 95 and the results are great.

Ya like i've said earlier, 95 petrol is smoother for mi TA200. But FC wise Esso 98 really give mi a good FC (39km/ltr). 95 wise i haven calculate yet.

ahh, research from journalists, that sounds always good! btw. i heard b4 that all petrol that goes to diff stations like esso, shell, BP and so on are all the same, just the additives, mixed by the brand makes the difference..

i will give the 95 a try for my next topup, sounds great, costs less and reach longer.. what else can a cruiser want? :)

>>> Guys, if you want a nice picture with you and your bike: pm me ... got dslr equipment. <<<