SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

translap, drz,pegesus

fooz

hi guys,

anyone riding the above mention bikes?

hws the consumption and maintenience?

if i compare the AT n transalp, which will a better choice.

(disregarding the obvious disparity in cc)

main concern will be comfortabilty and lower maintanience

as far as i noe, AT has a common fuel pump prob.

not sure whether transalp has common fault.

ps: the transalp im refering to is a 650, not the 400

FOR SALE (PM for more details)

-inline hockey guards,stick, gloves,pants

-ipod shuffle, 1GB, red, limited edition

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on what type of riding u do.. IF u ride plentong trails then the Vara, AT and transalp is out of the question. Not impossible but they are not suited to have that type of fun.

I ride a DRZ and it's a dualsport S model. Uses it for plentong and transport n so far so good not much complains except that i have too much sleepless nites cos of partying late since the DRZ is around hahaha :cheeky:

oh btw have a friend on DRZ that went to thailand and back with no probs and have heard of DRZ to cambodia too. It's a multipurpose bike. Trails, transport, distance and Dakar!

haha.. yes, dominator.... i can c ur a ardent fan of it

well, a transalp6 is alreadi hard to find,

much less a domi.

act, im kinda new to this enduro/trail thing.

not sure wat u mean by plentong trails.

sorry, mayb i din state clearly in my 1st post,

my main intention 4 my upgrade is to be able to tour wiv it,

n enduros ability to go offroad is an added perk.

u noe, juz in case, hafway in m'sia/thai, u need to travel some sandy or pothole roads..

Originally posted by Varas@Feb 19 2005, 12:53 AM

y not ktm 950,

after the tires are changed, u can tour, trail,offroad with it.. :thumb:

hmm...the last time i view it was about $20,000++++ OTR...too expensive...or cheaper now?

Remember no bike is the fastest, no place is that far and no road is that tough.

Mind Over Body

Originally posted by fooz@Feb 19 2005, 12:03 AM

act, im kinda new to this enduro/trail thing.

not sure wat u mean by plentong trails.

sorry, mayb i din state clearly in my 1st post,

my main intention 4 my upgrade is to be able to tour wiv it,

n enduros ability to go offroad is an added perk.

u noe, juz in case, hafway in m'sia/thai, u need to travel some sandy or pothole roads..

All the bikes you mentioned have their strength and weakness.

Enduro bikes can be broadly broken into single or twin cylinders. Of course odd ball (it's a great bike though) Triumph Tiger has 3 cylinders.

Generally speaking, more cylinders means smoother ride, however it's more complicated thus higher maintenance and more problematic. Single cylinder is the direct opposite. Thus for Dakar races, at least 99% of the bikes are single bore (mainly KTMs), followed at a far distant by Yamaha WRs, Honda XRs, and BMW 650. No twin cylinders bike in top 100

http://www.dakar.com/2005/us/index.html

However, BMW R series, 80,100,1100, 1150 is the most commonly used Round-the-World bike.

I personally prefer single bore for their reliability, and hassle free and low cost maintenance. BMW F650 is a winner hands down if not for its price. Dominator is a great bike, however it has ceased production. Honda XR650L is the alternative because they shared many components. KTM525 is another great bike, it's very powerful naturally you can't stinge on maintenance cost. What's left ? Suzuki DR650. It's slightly over-weight, probably among the slowest, not the best looking bike but it's the cheapest 650cc enduro here and it's very reliable. On top of that, there is enough after-market parts to dry up your monthly pay. :bounce:

Originally posted by dominator@Feb 19 2005, 11:08 AM

hmm...the last time i view it was about $20,000++++ OTR...too expensive...or cheaper now?

last heard recently still ard the 20ish k region, guess the price would not drop till the efi version comes out. This bike is the speed demon among all enduros, my fren could maintain 220km/h (and still got more )on the high way on this beast. and my dero could only managed 200-210

VAR-A

Varadero Adventure Riders-Asia

V1KINGS

Originally posted by Varas@Feb 19 2005, 12:53 AM

y not ktm 950,

after the tires are changed, u can tour, trail,offroad with it.. :thumb:

haha.. after readin tt it cost 20k+..

its waaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off budget man.. hah..

btw, the original vara comes wiv spokerims or lyk those in ur siggy?

i used to c this orange ktm at my block d-strs, not sure if its ktm duke or 950.

its got abit of side fairing + nice head fairing too..

dero comes with the rims u see in my pict. tubeless rims, however can get after mrk rim with spooks for it. :smile:

value for dero might not held up as well as AT, as it projected as a thristy bike compared to its cousin. but no one reaised that the dero is a freaking 1000cc bike, the excess cc over AT could cover a class 2a bike....

And the power , torque is another level compared with AT. if the fuel part is same as AT & power remains. Its the most kick ass bike in its class..

VAR-A

Varadero Adventure Riders-Asia

V1KINGS

• 1 year later...

Transalp owner here. I can only give review about transalp as i have not try other bike such as vara or drz before.

To me, transalp has a very smooth riding feeling and i like the soft sound very much. The upright sitting posture suits me as i dun really like to arch forward when riding. It has a slow pick up but once you hit the high gears or the expressway, you can have a smooth high speed while enjoying the soft sound of the engine. To add to that, i just renew my coe for another 10 years and plan to keep it for many years again.

Originally posted by joeizdaman@Feb 18 2005, 02:20 PM

oh btw have a friend on DRZ that went to thailand and back with no probs and have heard of DRZ to cambodia too. It's a multipurpose bike. Trails, transport, distance and Dakar!

im the current owner of the drz that went from thailand and back! stil running like a dream :smile:

what is ur budget? are u particular bout age of bike, mag or spoke rim, chain or shaft drive? I wud suggest stream lining all ur criterior & then see what bike fall into catergory. if u're intending to tour, u shud also take other considerations like sitting position & width of seat for comfort. my 2cents worth..

cheers!

1982 Suzuki GSx750sz Katana

1983 Suzuki GSx750sz Katana

1996 Suzuki DR650se

2005 HD 883c - part time toy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/robinh/KAT-vatar.jpg

wow.. this post was abt 1yr ago... someone dug it up...

demon> trans650 is indeed rare... but it is the newer ver of the trans600. which is jz as hard to find. btw, ru lookin 4 a kle500? i noe of someone whos selling. can link u up w him.

karmatrix> hows the FC of the drz? urs is 400? how isit compared to the xr4, which ive seen alot on sale on garage.

Originally posted by karmatrix@Mar 11 2006, 05:54 AM

im the current owner of the drz that went from thailand and back! stil running like a dream :smile:

u are our inspiration :thumb:

did u get to phonm penh? I wonder if u can cross the tonle sap with the bike on the speed boat :giddy:

But i heard the road from siem reap to phonm penh is good nowadays :confused:

• 7 months later...
Originally posted by kawasabi@Mar 18 2006, 01:27 AM

dr650..long life bike..correct me if im wrong..there wasnt any big difference from 96models to 06 models :confused:

im kinda interested in this DR650...

wats the diff bet the SE and other models(if thr are, in the 1st plc)?

the price range, lets say, for a 10yr bike?

and also...

fuel consumption?

reliability?

offorad savvy?

long distance travelling?

pardon my numerous qn..

thks!

Originally posted by fooz@Nov 3 2006, 10:37 AM

wats the diff bet the SE and other models(if thr are, in the 1st plc)?

the price range, lets say, for a 10yr bike?

and also...

fuel consumption?

reliability?

offorad savvy?

long distance travelling?

pardon my numerous qn..

thks!

Models for pre-96 is RSE, post '96 is SE

DR650 history http://www.suzukicycles.org/DR-series/DR650.shtml

Since the '96 model till now, it remains totally unchanged except for the color scheme. I think the post '96 started with SET, mine is SEV.

Price is very subjective.

I get about 20km/ltr doing averaging 120kph.

All thumpers are very reliable, DR650 is no exception.

It being on the heavy side with dry weight 150kg, is not as agile as a, say XR650R.

It's range is only limited by it's fuel capacity and the rider's endurance.

ic, thks 4 the link , Mr demon.

the RSE pre'96 models with the head fairing + mini-windshield looks gd 4 touring.

dun tink i ever saw it on sgp. isit act avail here?