SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

City Harvest Church

RayNg

redname: "there's a lot of history in christianity basically because its the history tht proves on wat we r standing for. i do hope i can share with those who r interested but jus because its really long, i'm not sure whether i shld input tis.

"

me a young christian here, pls share

http://www.thelightriders.org/images/alpha.gif

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by lava@Jun 22 2005, 11:42 PM

redname: "there's a lot of history in christianity basically because its the history tht proves on wat we r standing for. i do hope i can share with those who r interested but jus because its really long, i'm not sure whether i shld input tis.

"

well, the most basic is tht 2000+ yrs ago, Jesus Christ did appear on earth, thts history isn't it? there r lots of stuff like the event of noah's ark etc... The Bible is something like a history book also

Guest Dunamis
Originally posted by lava@Jun 22 2005, 11:42 PM

"

go to this website:

http://www.christiananswers.net/archaeology/home.html

it provides many answers and info to archaeological and general questions.

Originally posted by redname@Jun 23 2005, 10:29 AM

well, the most basic is tht 2000+ yrs ago, Jesus Christ did appear on earth, thts history isn't it? there r lots of stuff like the event of noah's ark etc... The Bible is something like a history book also

yepp, am glad Christ walk on earth 2000yrs ago..1 simple way to know that is the calendar system we having is base on Christ ressuration.. AD n BC

saw the documentary of noah's ark being found too :)

The link is very helpful.. thank you, Dunamis!!

http://www.thelightriders.org/images/alpha.gif

Originally posted by redname@Jun 22 2005, 09:30 PM

u r wrg, muslim's dnt have the same God, pls dnt make such remarks cause it might make an uproar. even thou u read a bit the same but if u go into context, its different. the jews don't follow the new testament cause in the new testament, its written tht its the jews who killed Jesus, so until now, they r still denying the fact, thus they dnt read it

if i am not wrong, Muslim also believe in the same God.. just that... quran is based on the old testament.. and they dun believe that jesus is the son of God... juz another messenger for God...

Said by one pastor.. when I ask him the differences...

Class 3 -> 26/12/2003

Class 2b -> 9/5/2005

Originally posted by lava@Jun 24 2005, 06:29 PM

yepp, am glad Christ walk on earth 2000yrs ago..1 simple way to know that is the calendar system we having is base on Christ ressuration.. AD n BC

saw the documentary of noah's ark being found too :)

The link is very helpful.. thank you, Dunamis!!

The noah's ark was nv found.... is so inconclusive.... no evidence etc... if a few pieces of wood found in a mountain can be said to be part of noah's ark.. ur faith is abit too strong le... I was keeping track of the news since last yr...

And.... u based ur belief that Christ walk on earth 2k yrs ago cos of the calender system... eh... We are using tis calender cos of the ROMAN empire not becos of anything else.. ur foundation of ur faith is so fundamentally wrong...

Class 3 -> 26/12/2003

Class 2b -> 9/5/2005

Originally posted by hailang_82@Jun 24 2005, 09:13 PM

The noah's ark was nv found.... is so inconclusive.... no evidence etc... if a few pieces of wood found in a mountain can be said to be part of noah's ark.. ur faith is abit too strong le... I was keeping track of the news since last yr...

And.... u based ur belief that Christ walk on earth 2k yrs ago cos of the calender system... eh... We are using tis calender cos of the ROMAN empire not becos of anything else.. ur foundation of ur faith is so fundamentally wrong...

oh dear, sometime people just can't accept the truth you know... they may want you to get ban from speaking. :goodluck: :help: :sorry:

no.1 defender from HELL

http://www.kijk.info/sigtekst/quote.gif

Originally posted by w1n8@Jun 26 2005, 02:37 PM

oh dear, sometime people just can't accept the truth you know... they may want you to get ban from speaking. :goodluck: :help: :sorry:

He can't accpet the truth? Or you can't accept the truth that such a big ark was never found? :nono:

He is entitled to his thoughts and beliefs on a public forum..

You try posting that in sammyboy forum. You get worse replies. :lol:

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7641/54688861td1.jpg

~My 2 stroke never fails to set my heart racing~

I am slow please don't bully me.

Originally posted by BaaBaa Black Sheep@Jun 26 2005, 07:50 PM

He can't accpet the truth? Or you can't accept the truth that such a big ark was never found? :nono:

He is entitled to his thoughts and beliefs on a public forum..

You try posting that in sammyboy forum. You get worse replies. :lol:

yah... but what is that to do with my fav sammyboy forum if you can't read probably!?!? :lol:

no.1 defender from HELL

http://www.kijk.info/sigtekst/quote.gif

Originally posted by w1n8@Jun 26 2005, 08:09 PM

yah... but what is that to do with my fav sammyboy forum if you can't read probably!?!? :lol:

Nothing lah.. i love that forum too.

:lol:

Originally posted by hailang_82@Jun 24 2005, 08:59 PM

if i am not wrong, Muslim also believe in the same God.. just that... quran is based on the old testament.. and they dun believe that jesus is the son of God... juz another messenger for God...

Said by one pastor.. when I ask him the differences...

we christians believe in the Holy Trinity, muslims dont. back in the old testament, the Trinity exist already, so base on tht, how can u say muslim & christian believe in the same God? there r a lot more diff ut i lazy to type :D

Guest Dunamis

Hi folks, the discussions have been interesting so far, and I believe many have been following this thread, whether participating or just enjoying the discussion.

However I think it is more appropriate to create a new topic concerning Christianity in the Chat section.

This is a good topic - for those who wish to express their frustrations and doubts abt the religion, and for those who may wish to attempt to clarify and answer some of the questions.

Originally posted by Dunamis@Jun 27 2005, 01:35 PM

Hi folks, the discussions have been interesting so far, and I believe many have been following this thread, whether participating or just enjoying the discussion.

However I think it is more appropriate to create a new topic concerning Christianity in the Chat section.

This is a good topic - for those who wish to express their frustrations and doubts abt the religion, and for those who may wish to attempt to clarify and answer some of the questions.

:offtopic: abit

They have a thread for that in sammyboy forum.

Originally posted by hailang_82@Jun 24 2005, 09:13 PM

hhhhhhmmm, i'm not sure of the case of noah's ark evidence but i do know of a particular case in the Bible tht was proven by science. the story in the Bible is about God stopping the day for 1 day, which means He stopped the earth from revolving ard the sun. Thru calculations of the number of revolutions the earth has made, science has shown tht the earth did missed one orbit ard the sun.

there r further things in the Bible which proves tht God is the creator of the earth. since we know the Bible is written a veri long time ago, so long ago tht no one was able to prove tht the earth is round & powerful telescopes were invited. there was a particular person in the old testament wrote , after hearing from God, tht there r actually 7 stars in the milky way (not veri sure is it milky way or others), during tht time, only 6 can be seen with the naked eye but after the invention of powerful telescopes, sciencist have found the 7th star. another case is tht in the Bible, it was already mentioned tht the earth is actually round, during tht time, no one was able to proof, later on, the earth was found to be round by scienist again

Guest Dunamis
Originally posted by BaaBaa Black Sheep@Jun 27 2005, 02:15 PM

No, I am not off topic. This thread should be a rally on how to solve the traffic problem, not on religion. You are off topic when you discuss religion here. And I do not think Sammy boy is a dedicated site on discussing religion.

Originally posted by Dunamis@Jun 27 2005, 03:49 PM

You are off topic when you discuss religion here.

Precisely. Can't agree more.

What's the point of elaborating at lengths on religious doctrines when one can't even observe basic rules of engagement in a public forum? Sad case.

Adventure

Getting lost is part of the fun

Aug 2003 - Oct 2004: Kawasaki KRR150

Oct 2004 - Feb 2006: Honda CBR400RRR

Oct 2005 - Jun 2006: Honda Wave R

Nov 2005 - ???: Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird

Akan Datang: Suzuki GSX-R600K6

Originally posted by Dunamis@Jun 27 2005, 03:49 PM

No, I am not off topic. This thread should be a rally on how to solve the traffic problem, not on religion. You are off topic when you discuss religion here. And I do not think Sammy boy is a dedicated site on discussing religion.

he's not saying u r offtopic, he's saying tht he is off topic for raising tis up

Originally posted by BaaBaa Black Sheep@Jun 27 2005, 02:15 PM

BlackSheep, don't go and read so much on SammyBoy lah..... bad for your soul....

:smile:

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2005-05-21/1sportsindex_i.jpghttp://www.arsenal.com/images/wallpapers/s_facupfinal3.jpg

Guest Dunamis
Originally posted by redname@Jun 27 2005, 08:13 PM

he's not saying u r offtopic, he's saying tht he is off topic for raising tis up

No, it was quite obvious what Sheep meant in the post on Jun 27 2005, 02:15 PM was that my pt raised was off topic because there is no need to create a new topic in the chat section, since there is already a thread on religion at sammyboy.

You replied on Jun 27 2005, 02:36 PM that I had wanted to read abt the discussion in this forum, which means you knew Sheep's meaning.

But you turned around now and say Sheep had meant another thing.

Actually the discussion (post-WW3 :lol:) had been pretty cordial, with a few ultra-defensive characters :lol: So defensive and protective until I sarcastic to other christians also cannot..... :lol: and I sarcastic not without reasons wor.... I was laughing at the "enlighted one" who insulted others.

To be fair to people who wants to discuss abt the traffic conditions, just my humble opinion, you can start and continue leh. Others may join in. Anyway, seems to me the religious talk many people like it better, y not? :smile: The traffic talk... I don't think it can go on as long lah.... :goodluck:

BTW, heard from CHC fren that the church is moving to expo... good news for some bros? Happy?

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2005-05-21/1sportsindex_i.jpghttp://www.arsenal.com/images/wallpapers/s_facupfinal3.jpg

Originally posted by Dunamis@Jun 27 2005, 09:40 PM

No, it was quite obvious what Sheep meant in the post on Jun 27 2005, 02:15 PM was that my pt raised was off topic because there is no need to create a new topic in the chat section, since there is already a thread on religion at sammyboy.

You replied on Jun 27 2005, 02:36 PM that I had wanted to read abt the discussion in this forum, which means you knew Sheep's meaning.

But you turned around now and say Sheep had meant another thing.

Redname is right. listen to others for once.

You are not always right

I really meant another thing. :slapforehead:

Originally posted by redname@Jun 27 2005, 01:34 PM

we christians believe in the Holy Trinity, muslims dont. back in the old testament, the Trinity exist already, so base on tht, how can u say muslim & christian believe in the same God? there r a lot more diff ut i lazy to type :D

Since their belief is based on the old testament, just that they interpret differently?

Class 3 -> 26/12/2003

Class 2b -> 9/5/2005

Originally posted by redname@Jun 27 2005, 02:35 PM

hhhhhhmmm, i'm not sure of the case of noah's ark evidence but i do know of a particular case in the Bible tht was proven by science. the story in the Bible is about God stopping the day for 1 day, which means He stopped the earth from revolving ard the sun. Thru calculations of the number of revolutions the earth has made, science has shown tht the earth did missed one orbit ard the sun.

there r further things in the Bible which proves tht God is the creator of the earth. since we know the Bible is written a veri long time ago, so long ago tht no one was able to prove tht the earth is round & powerful telescopes were invited. there was a particular person in the old testament wrote , after hearing from God, tht there r actually 7 stars in the milky way (not veri sure is it milky way or others), during tht time, only 6 can be seen with the naked eye but after the invention of powerful telescopes, sciencist have found the 7th star. another case is tht in the Bible, it was already mentioned tht the earth is actually round, during tht time, no one was able to proof, later on, the earth was found to be round by scienist again

Maybe what u said is correct... but u got to know that bible itself is re-written alot of times for the past 2 thousand yrs... Things are being added in and things are deleted to suit the political situations at that time.. For example... the Roman Catholic Church during the Roman Empire... Some parts of the bible was being changed...

I can confidently said that The bible whoever is using now is not the fully translated one. It is been edited numerously for the past 2k years. The first english version was translated in the 1500s.. And it is not translated from the original bible... meaning.. in Hebrew and at least 5 other languages... It was translated from the bible that was used by the Roman Catholic Church at that pt of time... if I am not wrong lahz....

One thing my uncle mentioned is that Bible itself is split into alot of books. 66 books? Written by 40 authors? At different times but yet they seem to be in consecutive orders..

Another thing my friend mentioned is... Jesus teach his followers by writing in sands.. and it was followers who documented it in a book... which is the bible... Both of them seems contradictory..

Abt scientific evidence.... Human was found to have a history of more than 15,000 yrs thru carbon dating.. From the bible, The world was supposed to be created 6,000 yrs ago and the flooding of Eden garden or something is 4,500 yrs ago.

Trying to be ferni now... Dinosaurs are not mentioned in bible.. haha. No offence...

Class 3 -> 26/12/2003

Class 2b -> 9/5/2005