SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

City Harvest Church

RayNg

sharing is one thing lah, forcing it down is another. i dnt mind to share the gospel or c those hardcores share but when it comes to forcing it down, its really another issue. the Bible tld us to preach the Gospel to all but it nvr says to force it down leh.

maybe i shld share on how my mum got saved. even thou my mum accepted Christ on her death bed, there wasn't any forcing down (cause i was there). when she was well & alive, i tried speaking to her bout God, Jesus etc. she said tht she'll only accept Christ when she's gng to die but i ask her then do u really believe in God or not? she said, "well, if its the same God who turned tht naughty boy last time into the gd guy u r nowadays, then i do believe". hehe, i was smiling from ear to ear. aft she accepted Christ, i read some verses to her daily by her bed side so as to let her faith raise up & know where she'll end up in, during the morning of th day she died, my fren came & visit her & read smeting about how heaven looks like, tears came down from my mum cause she knows she'll finally be gng to such a wonderful place.

bros in Christ, i urge u to reach out to pple not only with God's word but with the word of ur testimony. let them see the changes in ur life, wat God can do in their life too, there's no use to tell others how gd God is when ur own life is in a mess, like tis they rather stick to their own religion cause it doesn't make a diff to them. show them wat does it really mean to be the light & salt of the earth

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by comics00@Jun 19 2005, 02:04 AM

i didn't know that there was a diff between religion & teaching till ~2001. i was like majority of the buddhist out there, i failed to ask myself this question : wat did Buddha really wanted to preach? until i started to spent time in the library, 'cos my daugther loves the library, i read up abt religion. Islam, Tao Da Jin (Lao Zi), Buddhasim & Christianity.

Buddha's life story, Buddhism, how it spread throughout the globe caught my attention. then i started visting those purely buddhist temple hunting for books to read n talking to the monks. from there i understand that Buddhism is a teaching. it teaches me the way of life to attain inner peace. that's wat Buddha was teaching 2,500 year ago, hoping that every being on earth through his teaching will eventually attain enlightenment & become Buddha just like himself.

above is purely my own understanding abt Buddhism, pls feel free to comment 'cos i m still leaning, i'll always be leaning :smile:

*btw i was in a Catholic sch for 13yr, some of my relatives, friends & colleauges r Christian. so i know wats a bible & personally has 3 versions. so dont tell me i won't know until i read the bible :faint: infact i have 1 in my room rite now.

Hey, i was in a catholic shool for pre-primary till sec4!

:cheer:

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7641/54688861td1.jpg

~My 2 stroke never fails to set my heart racing~

I am slow please don't bully me.

Originally posted by MS@Jun 19 2005, 04:38 AM

To the above quote, If I were to see those so called hard core christians, I will simply leave them to do what they want. If I stop them what does it actually benefit us? It doesnt but rather creates more arguments between christians. I've had enough of the wrong doctrines in the christianity sector. So why not let God handle it? He has even more powerful ways of doing things. We only have our part to do. That is to be gentle to everyone. For gentleness is love and love is the greatest of all.

I do not agree with you. you choose to turn a blind eye to your fellow wayward believers. That is an extremely selfish act. And stopping them do not benefit u.

And if god was to judge them, you will be judge the same way as them.

Equally wrong.

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7641/54688861td1.jpg

~My 2 stroke never fails to set my heart racing~

I am slow please don't bully me.

Guest max_nhk
Originally posted by redname@Jun 19 2005, 10:11 AM

precisely, gd or bad is up to tht person's mind. so y do u need to tink of tht guy's intention as bad? its only to u thts bad mah.

well, i did mention tht christianity isn't bout forcing it down to pple & the Bible did mention tht there will still be pple who doesn't believe, i tink tht explains ur part bout saying "A true God will understand that not everybody can just detach their religion when they feel like it."

i highlighted the forgiving part cause i feel its off topic from wat u were writing, thts y i catch no ball :D

His intentions was from a heart of gold. However, his thoughts was selfish because he didn't consider his mother's feeling and only his own. Imagine yourself in my grand-ma's position, how would you feel?

If he has disregarded his own feelings and follow what his mother would have wanted, it would have been called self-sacrifice.

To live for others is, by itself, pure un-tainted virtue.

Originally posted by redname@Jun 19 2005, 10:20 AM

bros in Christ, i urge u to reach out to pple not only with God's word but with the word of ur testimony. let them see the changes in ur life, wat God can do in their life too, there's no use to tell others how gd God is when ur own life is in a mess, like tis they rather stick to their own religion cause it doesn't make a diff to them. show them wat does it really mean to be the light & salt of the earth

Thank you for sharing ur testimonies.. Here is mine :) yes sis n bro in christ out there, do share how u r safe by christ n what are the changes in ur life.

I remember clearly, i accepted chirst on 29th feb 2005.

Before I know Jesus, I was aimless in life.. i was out of job and do not have any direction in life. I felt insecure and often worry about many things.. my financial was in bad shape too. It was an anxiety period for me.

One day, it was raining heavily.. i took shelter at National Library, i pick out a book which talk about success, nothing with religion. I was still a buddhist then. This book has a verse that caught me, all things come from God, one can be very successful but will not last if it is not blessing from Him. So i begin to want to know who this God the book is talking about. I ask my christian friends to bring me to their church, everytime i step into one, i feel the peace n joy. It is the experience that draw me there weekly now. Also the teaching had answer to many doubts which i been questioning what is my purpose on earth, etc.

Things begin to pick up, my ex manager actually asked me back to work and financial assistance came to me. God also show me direction and bless me with many helpers. Now i am doing what i love doing and i can see many blessing in my life.

I got e chance to know God bcos there are friends out there who create the space for me to walk into. They been praying for my salvation. One friend pray that i will have no place to go to on sun, another pray that God will send for a better witness as she thinks she is not any good example.

Let's commit our loved one onto Him, He will do the job. Today one more biker came forward n receive Him.. happy for him :)

God Bless

http://www.thelightriders.org/images/alpha.gif

Like I said, some will hear but not understand. There are many other facts in the bible worth spelling out. But not here.

I am mere human. So I will not be able to present the best case to any one here. Rather let God handle this matter while we do what is necessary to please him. Christian brother! U really lack faith and take things into your hands too much. Spend more time on the bible really think hard what are the things that God hope you'll do. Then don't let the shallow understanding which you lean on yourself cloud whats God's desire in what he hopes you to be.

Come, Lets not associate ourselves into quarrels and be gentle towards each other. There will be times when we Christians have to undergo sufferings, untrue persecutions with pple standing as false witnesses against you. Hurl abuses at you when you tell the truth. Or some can even twist the facts of the bible and try to reprimand you like what happened when the case where the Pharisees tried to test Jesus. Sometimes even with force. But stand firm. For you know about storing riches in heaven. Yet at the same time be gentle towards all. Especially your own christian brother. Worthless discussions will bring us no where. Why not let go and exercise God's great commission on everybody even with the harsh facts that people who hear us will whack us. Like what happened to Stephen, Paul, Peter etc etc.

God's great commission is for everybody. We do not bring down the other pple's religion, race, cultures etc. the gospel has to be shared with gentleness. Jesus has already forewarned. Not all who listens will accept. Be prepared to hand the matter over to God for his arrangements. You will be surprised that many miracles you never even imagined can take place as pleasant surprises.

God's peace be with all. OK?:cheer:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/arakyo/16012011003.jpg

Do Not Tailgate Me!

Originally posted by MS@Jun 19 2005, 03:31 PM

Like I said, some will hear but not understand. There are many other facts in the bible worth spelling out. But not here.

I am mere human. So I will not be able to present the best case to any one here. Rather let God handle this matter while we do what is necessary to please him. Christian brother! U really lack faith and take things into your hands too much. Spend more time on the bible really think hard what are the things that God hope you'll do. Then don't let the shallow understanding which you lean on yourself cloud whats God's desire in what he hopes you to be.

Come, Lets not associate ourselves into quarrels and be gentle towards each other. There will be times when we Christians have to undergo sufferings, untrue persecutions with pple standing as false witnesses against you. Hurl abuses at you when you tell the truth. Or some can even twist the facts of the bible and try to reprimand you like what happened when the case where the Pharisees tried to test Jesus. Sometimes even with force. But stand firm. For you know about storing riches in heaven. Yet at the same time be gentle towards all. Especially your own christian brother. Worthless discussions will bring us no where. Why not let go and exercise God's great commission on everybody even with the harsh facts that people who hear us will whack us. Like what happened to Stephen, Paul, Peter etc etc.

God's great commission is for everybody. We do not bring down the other pple's religion, race, cultures etc. the gospel has to be shared with gentleness. Jesus has already forewarned. Not all who listens will accept. Be prepared to hand the matter over to God for his arrangements. You will be surprised that many miracles you never even imagined can take place as pleasant surprises.

:lol: Now u call the christian frens here have no faith :lol: Ok, ok, you are the ONE.... kekeke...... u are the one correct and u understand the bible best. :thumb: Take care, bro.

As the discussion goes on, I can understand better the stories and thinkings behind BlackSheep and Comics...... and the stories are instantly self-verified :lol:

:smile:

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2005-05-21/1sportsindex_i.jpghttp://www.arsenal.com/images/wallpapers/s_facupfinal3.jpg

Guest max_nhk

redname

Anyone who has experience the same thing as you've did will most likely built the same strong faith. I'm happy you mum left in peace and happiness.

lava

If it works for you, then by all means carry on. Just that such doesn't work for everybody. Life isn't the same for everyone.

MS

Neither us or anybody can control what others think. They might not even want to hear, let alone understand and accept.

But does that mean one should give up and not even try?

Guest max_nhk
Originally posted by BikeLover@Jun 19 2005, 04:31 PM

:lol: Now u call the christian frens here have no faith :lol: Ok, ok, you are the ONE.... kekeke...... u are the one correct and u understand the bible best. :thumb: Take care, bro.

As the discussion goes on, I can understand better the stories and thinkings behind BlackSheep and Comics...... and the stories are instantly self-verified :lol:

:smile:

Don't stir things up leh. It isn't fair to pass judgement on all by using the example of a few.

Originally posted by max_nhk@Jun 19 2005, 04:36 PM

Don't stir things up leh. It isn't fair to pass judgement on all by using the example of a few.

Cool down bro.

Pls read properly what he said then.... yes, I was passing judgement on those radical christians and trying to understand what they were thinking at the time.... move out of your thoughts and view it from a neutral position and you will know why.

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2005-05-21/1sportsindex_i.jpghttp://www.arsenal.com/images/wallpapers/s_facupfinal3.jpg

Originally posted by max_nhk@Jun 19 2005, 04:52 PM

No worries, I wasn't angry.

I've read the post and understand. Even so, there's no need to be sarcastic ya?

Can't help it when I feel those kind of I-know-but-you-don't-know mentality. That is when all the misunderstanding occurs. :lol: Hope he get the message..... anyway there is no point for him to be in this discussion as "he knows and we don't know and he don't share like lava and redname".....

Guest max_nhk
Originally posted by BikeLover@Jun 19 2005, 04:56 PM

Can't help it when I feel those kind of I-know-but-you-don't-know mentality. That is when all the misunderstanding occurs. :lol: Hope he get the message..... anyway there is no point for him to be in this discussion as "he knows and we don't know and he don't share like lava and redname".....

Well, to me that's also human as well.

I don't hang religious artifacts on my neck, but I more or less understand how it feels to be deeply devoted and seeing other condemning it at the same time. It's almost equivalent to hear someone remarking one's mother!

Wouldn't it be even better to have a 'radical' Christian in this discussion ya? Definetly NOT for interrogation nor flaming but to share opinions. Though I wouldn't know how to justify one as being 'radical'.

Originally posted by MS@Jun 19 2005, 03:31 PM

hhhhmm, i do feel tht u r assuming some stuff here

Originally posted by redname@Jun 19 2005, 10:13 AM

3 versions? i only know 2 wor, the christian one & the catholic one

this 1 in my roon now is the "new international version" the other 2 back in sg is...sorry can't remember 'cos i deserted them too long liao :sweat:

was told this 1 translate for americans, their england here is american england :faint:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Originally posted by comics00@Jun 20 2005, 10:55 AM

this 1 in my roon now is the "new international version" the other 2 back in sg is...sorry can't remember 'cos i deserted them too long liao :sweat:

was told this 1 translate for americans, their england here is american england :faint:

aiyah, i thot u mean version as in inside the context is different. wat u actually mean is jus different translation, some england more powerful one can read harder one lor, for me tis kind of PSLE standard english read the children version one.

got in french, itlian, german etc... watever language u can tink of lah. the most impt is the the context inside is correct

Originally posted by redname@Jun 20 2005, 01:35 PM

aiyah, i thot u mean version as in inside the context is different. wat u actually mean is jus different translation, some england more powerful one can read harder one lor, for me tis kind of PSLE standard english read the children version one.

got in french, itlian, german etc... watever language u can tink of lah. the most impt is the the context inside is correct

sorry mi england limited too :sweat:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Originally posted by redname@Jun 19 2005, 10:13 AM

3 versions? i only know 2 wor, the christian one & the catholic one

mayb more...err... how abt the Muslims' & Jewishs'? have not come across the gothic's vision wonder if there is any diff :confused:

Originally posted by comics00@Jun 21 2005, 01:40 AM

mayb more...err... how abt the Muslims' & Jewishs'? have not come across the gothic's vision wonder if there is any diff :confused:

muslim's? tht one call quran. i assume jewish is using the same one as christians' .hhhhhhhmmmmm, u mean bible by religious books or for Christians' one? i blur blur now leh

Originally posted by redname@Jun 21 2005, 10:02 PM

muslim's? tht one call quran. i assume jewish is using the same one as christians' .hhhhhhhmmmmm, u mean bible by religious books or for Christians' one? i blur blur now leh

uh? don't u know these three religion worship the same god, the "God of Abraham"? but muslims & jewish don't read the christians' "new testament"

Originally posted by redname@Jun 21 2005, 10:02 PM

as for the gothics' version, read that b4 the present new testament there were 4 gp worshiping god using the 4 diff gospels. it was only after ~200AD then the 4 gospels togerther with the old testament &... wait! u mean u christian didn't even know the history of Bible... :giddy:

went u find out the history of bible & wat happened to the gothic gps...may be u will...sigh... don't wan to say too much wait kana flame :sweat: better u go ask ur church able the history part.

You mean Gnostic?

http://www.equip.org/free/DG040-2.htm

http://www.equip.org/free/DG040-1.htm

:btw: IMHO this thread has gone supremely :offtopic: and lost it's original purpose quite long ago.

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Originally posted by william_liu@Jun 22 2005, 05:47 PM

You mean Gnostic?

http://www.equip.org/free/DG040-2.htm

http://www.equip.org/free/DG040-1.htm

:btw: IMHO this thread has gone supremely :offtopic: and lost it's original purpose quite long ago.

sorry bro i temp not time to read it in detail. m moving the next 10 days will read them again when i m back. as for the gothics, i also not sure abt the spelling got to go back home then check out my books :sweat:

the gothics i refer to r the ppl who warship god of abraham b4 the word "Christian". according to the historians the four gospels were use by diff groups of warshippers. these gospels were later combine together with the hebrew vision n become wat shape the present bible.

all information i have r all from books so pls don't question me abt the facts. since the church didn't question these findings then my bet is it cant be too much off the truth :thumb: btw i believe the churches must have also done their own studies n have their our finding. just dono y nothing is being disclose...:confused:

Originally posted by comics00@Jun 22 2005, 04:00 PM

uh? don't u know these three religion worship the same god, the "God of Abraham"? but muslims & jewish don't read the christians' "new testament"

u r wrg, muslim's dnt have the same God, pls dnt make such remarks cause it might make an uproar. even thou u read a bit the same but if u go into context, its different. the jews don't follow the new testament cause in the new testament, its written tht its the jews who killed Jesus, so until now, they r still denying the fact, thus they dnt read it

Originally posted by comics00@Jun 22 2005, 04:10 PM

as for the gothics' version, read that b4 the present new testament there were 4 gp worshiping god using the 4 diff gospels. it was only after ~200AD then the 4 gospels togerther with the old testament &... wait! u mean u christian didn't even know the history of Bible...  :giddy:

went u find out the history of bible & wat happened to the gothic gps...may be u will...sigh... don't wan to say too much wait kana flame :sweat:  better u go ask ur church able the history part.

dnt point at pple & say "u christian, u dnt know meh", veri impolite, moreover, how sure r u in ur facts? u use the word "gothic" which actually has relation to the goths, smeting to do with eastern german i believe. judging from wat hilter did to the jews, haha, i dnt really believe they had anyting to do with christiantity anywhere. moreover, gothic is associated with satanic stuff

there r some truth in wat u said but only in the part about having different grps worshipping the same "God". it all started in the age of adam & eve (well, almost), their descandants were separated & thus, started their own worship within their household, i cant give u the details now as i dnt have my notes with me (yes, i do have notes on these as i have a diploma in theology, so dnt say i dnt know my religion's history).

there's a lot of history in christianity basically because its the history tht proves on wat we r standing for. i do hope i can share with those who r interested but jus because its really long, i'm not sure whether i shld input tis.