SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

City Harvest Church

RayNg

i think i did respect them ba... else i will not analyse things in 3 different views...

I can just insist i am correct like what those typical pples did.... those who insist that if u dun believe in god... will go to hell... etc... And if being push to one corner... i can push everything to faith. oops...

Class 3 -> 26/12/2003

Class 2b -> 9/5/2005

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by comics00@Jun 15 2005, 03:27 AM

he just dono who he is duelling with :nono: for all he knows 'heng heng' he invite his own superior for kopi :faint: if he invite me i sure go mah got free kopi :thumb:

Too bad now nobody will be teaching us issues abt national security, anti-terrorisism, how to talk like pai-kia..... kekeke..... and how the world is coming to an end.

:smile:

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2005-05-21/1sportsindex_i.jpghttp://www.arsenal.com/images/wallpapers/s_facupfinal3.jpg

Originally posted by comics00@Jun 15 2005, 03:43 AM

same same inccident happened to my friend's father. i attended her father's wake then hear story.

her father had stroke n was in coma. her aunty (father's sister) brought ~12 ppl from her church in the hospital use threatening word on her mum like "if ur husband is not a christain he will go to hell" "do u want ur husband to go to hell" they keep using the words "hell" until the old lady (her mum) broke down & let them have their way :faint: her was so devastated when she found out later when the wake was set up the christian way. to think that her dad whole life has been a devoted buddhist she can help :cry: sad...what more can we say...:nono:

What kind of people are these? They ok or not? Truly black sheeps.

Just wondering is there any place to report such crazy people..... where is the righteous and the "national security" work? kekeke

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2005-05-21/1sportsindex_i.jpghttp://www.arsenal.com/images/wallpapers/s_facupfinal3.jpg

:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

please can everyone keep to the topic on traffic conditions at CHC

if u guys want to discuss religious issues, perhaps a separate thread is more appropriate

Adventure

Getting lost is part of the fun

Aug 2003 - Oct 2004: Kawasaki KRR150

Oct 2004 - Feb 2006: Honda CBR400RRR

Oct 2005 - Jun 2006: Honda Wave R

Nov 2005 - ???: Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird

Akan Datang: Suzuki GSX-R600K6

Originally posted by BikeLover@Jun 15 2005, 04:22 PM

Too bad now nobody will be teaching us issues abt national security, anti-terrorisism, how to talk like pai-kia..... kekeke..... and how the world is coming to an end.

never hear from him liao :confused: thought he will invite me for cooffee n decuss abt this thread...:sweat:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Originally posted by hailang_82@Jun 15 2005, 12:57 PM

Think we can change the topic to... bad experiences with christians... haha...

My personal view is that... always respect the dead's wishes.. if they believe in watever religion... juz do it sui sui for them... cos purpose of funeral is to honour them... for what they did in their life... -> this is also the same as chinese view if i am not wrong...

but christians believe that funeral is to show it to the livings... and not for the dead. Since they believe tis way.. of cos they will try to convert the near-to death person as christians... either as propaganda or watever.. like to say... see the person finally believed in christians before he/she died... -> tt's why view. haha

OF cos lahz.. their view is that to help the person to ascend to heaven...

There is something similiar abt buddhism and christians in this way.

Chinese buddhism-> They believe that as long as the person who is dying.. mumbled abt 7-8 times the name of buddha.. b4 the person die... will go to heaven..

Christians -> believe in god b4 they die... will go to heaven..

My view-> All in the mind... just want the person to die in peace. And not to let him/her think of things that he had not finished in his/her life.

if i am not wrong buddhism does not have heaven rite??? your talking about buddhism or taosim those tv show??? buddhism is dunno what kharma think to stop urself from going through recarnation again.

Originally posted by jinhanz@Jun 16 2005, 10:05 AM

if i am not wrong buddhism does not have heaven rite??? your talking about buddhism or taosim those tv show??? buddhism is dunno what kharma think to stop urself from going through recarnation again.

If I am not wrong, there shld not have any heaven in buddhism from some versions of buddhism... why dun u read the sanskirt version and tell me? haha. So which interpretations of buddhism u believe in? I think u r not those typical ones...

I did put down chinese buddhism.... It's the chinese way of interpreting... They had already mix taoism with buddhism for a few hundreds or thousand of years that I think it shld be a religion of its own... haha. Just take a walk ard Singapore's temples...

Praying to more Gods ..I think it is the chinese mentality. Kiasu? haha. They dun mind praying more so they have more protection.. At times, I think that if praying to Jesus and Allah means putting joss sticks... I think they will also shun bian put down those joss sticks... haha. No offence to muslims and christians. Just an analogy

Class 3 -> 26/12/2003

Class 2b -> 9/5/2005

Originally posted by comics00@Jun 16 2005, 04:43 AM

never hear from him liao :confused: thought he will invite me for cooffee n decuss abt this thread...:sweat:

hahaha.... he not free lah.... quietly saving and protecting the world lah. No wonder I saw so much spider webs hanging around bldgs..............

But it is cetainly more interesting with him around.... hahaha.... even a lot of the moderators start writing ESSAYS as posts :lol: Where are you, DK2004........ echo, echo

Originally posted by jinhanz@Jun 16 2005, 10:05 AM

hahaha... after-life or not.... don't know. Maybe the "truth" is burn aldy and that is it..... :lol:

But my wish is that this life I can have a feel of the buddhism peace. Feel it before when I do chanting.

i feel that buddhism is more about going to nirvana.

guys... :offtopic:

http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_561317858m.jpghttp://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_406319657m.jpg

[¯*林德金 超級摩托 飆車隊 *¯]

** signature editted. unauthorised advertising **

Originally posted by BikeLover@Jun 16 2005, 08:10 PM

hahaha... after-life or not.... don't know. Maybe the "truth" is burn aldy and that is it..... :lol:

But my wish is that this life I can have a feel of the buddhism peace. Feel it before when I do chanting.

U chant????!!!!!

U dun happen to be in THAT organisation that is gg to have their cultural festival in JULY right.....

Class 3 -> 26/12/2003

Class 2b -> 9/5/2005

sorry i know off topic :offtopic:

for the buddhist reading this thread;

1) is buddhism a religion or teaching?

2) wats Buddha's teaching?

3) how can u attain enlightenment when u have the DESIRE to attain enlightenment? dont understand this question? refer to question no. 2 :goodluck:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Originally posted by hailang_82@Jun 16 2005, 11:57 PM

U chant????!!!!!

U dun happen to be in THAT organisation that is gg to have their cultural festival in JULY right.....

hahaha.... buddhist scripts lah. U know "Nah Moh Tah Sa"???? Anyway don't know what is the July thing you are talking abt.

Originally posted by comics00@Jun 17 2005, 03:00 AM

sorry i know off topic :offtopic:

for the buddhist reading this thread;

1) is buddhism a religion or teaching?

2) wats Buddha's teaching?

3) how can u attain enlightenment when u have the DESIRE to attain enlightenment? dont understand this question? refer to question no. 2 :goodluck:

Strictly speaking, Buddhism is teaching. A way of life. A way to be Buddha.

How to attain enlightenment? hmm.... depends on ur organisations. Some teachings can be quite contradictory. Find one that u are most comfortable with...

Class 3 -> 26/12/2003

Class 2b -> 9/5/2005

Originally posted by BaaBaa Black Sheep@Jun 14 2005, 01:59 PM

My friend had the worst incident with christians. They (his aunties) actually converted his senile grandma who had been a buddhist for the whole of her life into christianity. And he din even know untill her wake was a christian affair. Imagine his shock. He hates them to the core now.

:btw: I also have radical christians in my family who i dun give a f*ck about now. They tried to convert my grandparents when they are in their twilight years. Those Bas*ards... These people i believe only the gates of hell will welcome them :smile:

Before i know God.. i am mad hearing similar encounters, that before the loved one is gone, the believers would do their best to tell this loved one about God.

pls take a moment n think,

Why do the believer bother spending their energy n time "converting" these loved ones?

Why do they want to do so knowing that they might be "enemies" of the rest of familes(those who not know God)?

And how does it benefit them in doing so?

http://www.thelightriders.org/images/alpha.gif

Originally posted by lava@Jun 17 2005, 04:03 PM

Before i know God.. i am mad hearing similar encounters, that before the loved one is gone, the believers would do their best to tell this loved one about God.

Why do the believer bother spending their energy n time "converting" these loved ones?

Why do they want to do so knowing that they might be "enemies" of the rest of familes(those who not know God)?

Qn. Why do the believer bother spending their energy n time "converting" these loved ones before they are gone?

So they can chalk up points on their report card? entry requirments into the pearly gates? :confused:

My guess is that they don't respect other religion. Just like my relatives. They cannot offer joss sticks to my dead grandparents who brought them up. They also cannot eat the food offered during the prayers to my grandparents.

You tell me why cannot? Too dirty? Or what? If my relatives preach to me, frankly speaking i will slap them.

I also want to know how it benefit someone to convert another human being into another religion on his/her deathbed when he has been a staunch believer of another religion for his/her entire life? Can you enlighten me?

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7641/54688861td1.jpg

~My 2 stroke never fails to set my heart racing~

I am slow please don't bully me.

Originally posted by BaaBaa Black Sheep@Jun 17 2005, 10:40 PM

Qn. Why do the believer bother spending their energy n time "converting" these loved ones before they are gone?

So they can chalk up points on their report card? entry requirments into the pearly gates? :confused:

My guess is that they don't respect other religion. Just like my relatives. They cannot offer joss sticks to my dead grandparents who brought them up. They also cannot eat the food offered during the prayers to my grandparents.

You tell me why cannot? Too dirty? Or what? If my relatives preach to me, frankly speaking i will slap them.

I also want to know how it benefit someone to convert another human being into another religion on his/her deathbed when he has been a staunch believer of another religion for his/her entire life? Can you enlighten me?

bro easy! easy lah many of them just not sensitive abt other ppls' feeling. there will always be ppl like that 1 lah. we getting ot again :sweat:

:offtopic:

Originally posted by hailang_82@Jun 17 2005, 01:43 PM

Strictly speaking, Buddhism is teaching. A way of life. A way to be Buddha.

How to attain enlightenment? hmm.... depends on ur organisations. Some teachings can be quite contradictory. Find one that u are most comfortable with...

this is precisely wat i m try to tell ppl : Buddhism is a teaching, dont be treat it like just another religion :nono:

Sorry for :offtopic: hehehe

just that personal experiences has grossed me out.

Peace. This debate better stop. :sweat:

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7641/54688861td1.jpg

~My 2 stroke never fails to set my heart racing~

I am slow please don't bully me.

Originally posted by lava@Jun 17 2005, 04:03 PM

That's the problem with the majority of christians. They believed they are correct. True lahz... It's logical for them to believe that they are correct.. but to enforce their belief on others? I think there is one guy who summed up my comments in one word.. -> RESPECT. that's the word that christians shld know. RESPECT.

You make it sound like.. die die also must convert others... against the whole world's wishes.. make it sounds like so wei da... but is it realli the case?

Class 3 -> 26/12/2003

Class 2b -> 9/5/2005

Originally posted by comics00@Jun 17 2005, 10:59 PM

this is precisely wat i m try to tell ppl : Buddhism is a teaching, dont be treat it like just another religion :nono:

What's the difference between a religion and teaching?

How's religion different from teaching when the teaching requires u to follow a certain ritual.. chanting etc?

Class 3 -> 26/12/2003

Class 2b -> 9/5/2005

Originally posted by hailang_82@Jun 17 2005, 11:42 PM

That's the problem with the majority of christians. They believed they are correct. True lahz... It's logical for them to believe that they are correct.. but to enforce their belief on others? I think there is one guy who summed up my comments in one word.. -> RESPECT. that's the word that christians shld know. RESPECT.

You make it sound like.. die die also must convert others... against the whole world's wishes.. make it sounds like so wei da... but is it realli the case?

hhhhhhhmmm, i tink wat u have spoken must have been from veri bad exp with those "hardcore" christians, those who only take God's word by itself only, the Bible is jus a book to them.

real chrisitans, have respect & r sensitive to others. yes, they do want to see pple saved only because God wants to see it too, they do things cause God wants it, as the Bible says "if u love Me (God), you'll do wat i say". forcing christianity down someone's throat is nvr our agenda, so if u meet someone like tht, pls leave them aside cause they aren't really christians, they may use the same Bible but inside they r not rite with God.

Originally posted by BaaBaa Black Sheep@Jun 17 2005, 10:40 PM

eh, if u r willing, do find out more about wats behind those things they do b4 u get so angry & wanna resort to violence. from ur statment, u did mention tht it was due to ur assumption, hhhhhmmmm, i do hope tht u understand assumptions shldn't be the way of life & if u've been to army, u'll prob heard of tis statment "dnt assume cause it makes an a$$ out of u & me"

i hope u dnt find me offensive cause i'm not really trying to. jus trying to make u realise tht there r still some space for sensible thots