SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

City Harvest Church

RayNg

The junction situated between Pioneer rd and St91 is one of the most congested junction in Jurong West New Town during pit hours even before the church was opened. Its one of the two links to the PIE expressway from estate.

Since the church was open, the condition got even worst. At the begining, road marshal wearing bright yellow vest was deployed along the road to control traffic. At the later stage, CISCO police were employ at the entrance only to control that location.

Point 1

Road marshal is of no use,

1. They are not train to control traffic. Police are trained in the PA to handle

traffic.

2. As they are not trained, serious accident could occur.

2. Road marshal seen at major event are not there to control traffic. They are

supppose to guide and assist the vehicles.

3. They have no authority to stop a vehicle. I have seen them jumping onto the

road and stopping vehicle in order to allow their own vehicle to manoeurve.

Point 2

Its a relief to see CISCO ploice to be deploy as they are professional trained to handle traffic. But i came to realise that their deployment has disappoint me. What i can see is that their present are only to stop the on coming vehicle in order for the vehicle to enter or exit the church which does nothing at all the ease the traffice congestion. It is just a selfish act and a waste of money.

Point 3

The two roads that runs along the church have only two lanes. Along the pioneer rd, buses park along both sides waiting for passenger alighting and boarding. It is to be reminded that theres only two lanes. While one lane is fully occupied by buses, only one lane would be free for other road user.

Just to recall if it happen that no one remember. About 7 yrs back, a serious road accident happen along that road. As it was congested during pit hour, vehicle stop along the road to alight passengers. A lorry stopped at the road side at the moment to alight passenger. The car behind couldn't see the intention of the lorry driver. The car steer to the right as it was directly behind the lorry resulting of the car hitting hard on the kerb. The next moment, it flipped and landed on the grass. Lucky that no one was standing there waiting to cross the road at that minute. I myself witness the whole incident and know the seriousness of vehicle stopping along that road.

Point 4

Taxis would wait along st91 outside the church. To be again reminder that theres only two lane and 10 to 15 meters away from the traffic junction in front. Yes according to law, they are allow to wait within 6 meters from the junction if theres a double yellow line. But please be more considerate. Vehicle wanting to make a left turn couldn't use the left lane and had to join in the queue on the right. Thus causing a serious jam along the road.

Point 5

As the church poplution is growing, especially when the population include children. Please educate them to use the road safely. A traffic light is located few meters infront only. Fence were bulit to prevent people to cross. As there is a junction along it, the authority couldn't fence up the whole divider. Using to their advantage, people are crossing the gap as a shortcut to the church on the already congested road. A huge crowd would just dash across once they have a slight chance without thinking of their very own safety. Worst incident that happened to me was when some teenagers were running across and stopped in the middle of the road when one of the other shouted for her.

I'm sure many road user from the estate have suffer the same fustration as me and would want immediate action to be taken on the management to solve it.

I'm posting this so that i can get opinion from other users inorder to compose all and foward it to the church and the relevent authority.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Especially those days when there is a service or an event, there will be a long line queue of taxis waiting on the left lane which basically leave just the right turn only lane congested. And taxi drivers I witness seldom have good driving habits, turning out seemingly without checking the traffic... Their transport buses fetches members from over Singapore (or so as I heard from a friend who is a member), and they do not turn into the building when they wanna let the pessengers alight... So they take up the whole left lane on the main road (Pioneer Road North), leaving just one lane on the right. Sometimes even the bus service 179 was delayed because of the buses.

My Rides:

LuLu, Piaggio Gilera Runner FXR 180 (Feb05-Aug05)

PhanPhan, Honda Phantom TA 200 (Aug05-July07)

Leyley, HD Sportster XL1200R (Jul07-July09)

TiTi, Yamaha Majesty YP250 (Jul07-Oct09)

DyNaNa, HD FXDX Dyna SGS (Jul09-Dec10)

LanPaPa, Vespa Excel PX150XE (Oct09-Jul10)

PiaSekSek, Piaggio X8 (Aug10-Dec10)

Stixie, Honda ST1300A (Jan11-Nov15)

Giogio, Piaggio MP3 400IE (Nov15-??)

your suggested solutions gentlemen?

i onli see a suggestion to deploy real mata instead of cisco. for that u'd need to write to tp.

or widen the road. not possible.

write to the church, wat would u be pushing for? relocation? perhaps onli to remind them to use the pioneer road leading to pie to hail cabs instead of the road immediately in front of the church. but i dun see wat else beyond remind them to obey traffic rules. which wouldn solve much in terms of congestion, just risk reduction.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/689/siggyyy.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/203/hsmj.jpg

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

Originally posted by yappiez@Mar 1 2005, 08:00 PM

get the church to start bus ferrying services from MRT or interchange or shopping centers. 1 bus with 40 ppl is way better than 40 cars with 1 person in it each.

there is already a bus ferrying service

n they always park by the double yellow line 2 lane road side to wait for their passengers

http://img252.echo.cx/img252/5066/ppp012vm.gif

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. --- by Winston Churchill (1874 -1965)

Always expect the unexpected!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Driving on the highway is not a competition. It is a cooperation, the sharing of a limited resource. --- Matt Reed

STOC #5806

Originally posted by xiao_p@Mar 1 2005, 08:19 PM

n they always park by the double yellow line 2 lane road side to wait for their passengers

idea.

write to them and cc to TP (or to TP and cc to them oso good, more 'scary' for them) saying the bus shd stop the other road, the one leading to PIE. some more theres a bloody bus stop there with only 179 service. safer and less congested. surely TP will support.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/689/siggyyy.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/203/hsmj.jpg

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

Originally posted by xiao_p@Mar 1 2005, 08:19 PM

if the bus can turn into the church then problem is solve.. else I also dun know how..

Goodluck...

I guess the church was just built a few years back and i don't think they'll shift again.

1st of all they have choosen the wrong location for a church. It's too small to provide a passenger drop off point or a taxi stand. The carpark inside is also too small to acommodate so many cars. If they have choosen the spot where the temple was it have solve the problem.

I suggest that they have a talk with the temple down the street to share the parking lots. As the temple is not always crowded and its not too far away from the church.

As for buses, ask them not to park in the HDB carpark to wait. I'm sure the driver know better places to park the buses. Reduce the amount of buses that are allow to alight passengers along Pioneer rd north to maybe 3 or 4 buses. Have a timing for buses to arrive so they wouldn't conggest the road there.

Educate the church goers that its dangerous and to cross only at the 2 traffic lights outside the church.

still remember the other issue abt angry resident confronting church over parking problem in front of his house?

the issue is this: SGPoreans are lazy. u think they will park at the temple there when they can park opp multistory CP ?

what i suggest is this. get ciscos to chase away any cabs waiting by the side of the road.

for the buses problem, .... lets have more ideas.

The people you see exhibit what we "affectionately" call the "ugly Singaporean" behavior. It's the density of people which makes the problem so bad. So I think the most effective (although also the most difficult) way is to educate every Singaporean about road safety. We have had enough of "riders don't get a red carpet". How about "jaywalkers don't get a red carpet"? :eek:

I don't think the management is oblivious to the problem. Most probably they can't do anything about it anymore. I remember hearing many traffic-related reminders during the announcements. However, they are not TP and cannot do anything if the people decide to ignore the advice. I guess that's why the management hired the Cisco police, although the results are less than desirable. Crowd control is a huge headache if you don't have the law backing you up. (In contrast, when I was in NS, crowd control during NDP was easy because we're all in uniform.)

Frankly, I won't sympathize with any fellow church-goer who gets booked by TP for violations near the church. I even wish that TP will station someone there to direct traffic and of course, book offenders. I think the authorities will be quite willing. *ka-ching* :deal: :cheeky: I used to ride there and knew some of the few other bikers from that church. We all had bad experiences with the buses, cars and jaywalkers. :nono:

I think they should let the shuttle buses that go to and from Boon Lay MRT keep running the loop instead of letting them park in the HDB carpark. If they are not needed, they should park at Boon Lay bus interchange. The people taking the bus should wait at the bus stop and board it just like any other public bus. Constructing a Taxi stand nearby is feasible. The church can also allow taxis to wait in the church premises like what hotels do although I am not sure if it can be implemented since there are children and elderly in there.

Of course, the church itself can, and should, launch a road safety campaign targeted at its own attenders. I don't think it's hard for the pastor to spend 5-10 minutes telling the people about the bad traffic situation and showing them pictures. Is it so hard to say "we are law abiding citizens and the church will not tolerate violations of the law, for example illegal parking and dangerous road behavior"?

The traffic problem we're discussing is not unique to this location. When I was living in Bedok some years back, every Friday the junction of Chai Chee Street and Bedok North Avenue 1 will be packed with cars and bikes parked on the roadsides. Both roads are pretty busy (especially Ave 1 which leads to PIE and Bedok Reservior area and Tampines Ave 10). Same thing happens to Geylang Road near eateries and also along Sim's Avenue during durian season. Again, I think it cannot be eliminated easily without major campaign(s) coupled with TP operations.

I am glad this issue is discussed rationally here. I attended this church before I left Singapore, so I know some "insiders". Once you guys come up with a sound plan, I can help you send the letter to them directly. Right now I am very tempted to just ask you guys to complain to TP. (I'm overseas so I can't do it.) I am as frustrated as any other forumer who has complained about this place. (Also quite paiseh... :sorry:)

RXZ NSR150SP SV650 CBR400RR GSXR1000 FZ6S VFR800 CBR1000RR R1200GS

Galant ES 2.4A Civic Si 2.0A

sometimes i really can't stand those church ppl going for service on sunday parking their vehicle on a 2 lane road blocking off 1 lane and leaving us, (the pedestrians, public transport commuters and other road users, with only 1 lane..

that's juz plain selfish.. :nono:

even my parents go temple pray oso take public transport..

05.04 - 08.04: Honda Wave S (FV)

08.04 - 05.09: Honda Version S (FP)

09.08 - 08.10: Honda ESi 4dr (SBV)

04.11 - 02.12: Ducati 749 (FY)

05.09 - 07.14: Honda Wave X (FBD)

07.14 - 09.15: Yamaha Tmax 530 (FBH)

11.13 - 09.15: Honda City (SGA)

09.15 - Current: Honda Jazz (SKV)

Originally posted by Tyrian@Mar 2 2005, 03:44 AM

sometimes i really can't stand those church ppl going for service on sunday parking their vehicle on a 2 lane road blocking off 1 lane and leaving us, (the pedestrians, public transport commuters and other road users, with only 1 lane..

that's juz plain selfish.. :nono:

even my parents go temple pray oso take public transport..

Agreed. It's selfishness. However, what can we do about it? Everyone is selfish. :nono: If they repeatedly ignore the reminders of the management, the only way (unfortunately) is to use the law against them. I am all for TP operations there! (So guys, if your bike is modded, avoid that area during weekends! :cheeky:)

Originally posted by MiCmAsta@Mar 2 2005, 03:54 AM

Deploy so CISCO officers can liao... Cheap Cheap only...

They already deploy CISCO officers. Not much use cos cannot book offenders. I think better have TP. At least the drivers will wake up their ideas. :sweat:

Originally posted by rhema83@Mar 2 2005, 04:00 PM

They already deploy CISCO officers. Not much use cos cannot book offenders. I think better have TP. At least the drivers will wake up their ideas. :sweat:

They can book offenders... But not summon straight. They have to go thru TP also... What they can do is write down your offences + Number plate and pass it TP.

Me almost got one from a Xia Lan CISCO officer last year. He say I Never Signal... I look at him and gave him the.. WTF face... He see also sian... Then ask my friend who have connection to TP and he told me The CISCO can summon also... But very troublesome...

Aiyah, one white stallion there, all guai guai already. People are like that one. TP also should be willing what. Every weekend can get so many summons from that one spot. *ka-ching ka-ching*

Originally posted by rhema83@Mar 2 2005, 04:18 PM

Aiyah, one white stallion there, all guai guai already. People are like that one. TP also should be willing what. Every weekend can get so many summons from that one spot. *ka-ching ka-ching*

I believe they have better things to do... Moreover... From their HQ to Boon Lay abit far leh.... Doubt they will also... This type of small small thing only CISCO will do... When did you see TP doing such things?

Never......

When you consider the amount of revenue TP can generate, it becomes a very economically-sound move. Why do you think they do roadblocks at remote places like Seletar Dam and Buangkok Avenue? I am not saying that the authorities only care about money (although they have shown that tendency over the years). However, money moves the world (and the authorities too).

Originally posted by MiCmAsta@Mar 2 2005, 04:24 PM

I believe they have better things to do... Moreover... From their HQ to Boon Lay abit far leh.... Doubt they will also... This type of small small thing only CISCO will do... When did you see TP doing such things?

Never......

if i'm not wrong, every police division (eg. jurong police div) have their own division traffic patrol unit... i mean de guys wearing de blue police uniform but riding TP bikes... so we can deploy dem lah... jurong police so close to city harvest... no prob wan... also, de TPs ride so fast dat it only takes dem 15 mins to go from HQ to boonlay... where got far? its just a matter whether dey wanna do it or not... guess de church got big shots going there so dey scared to patrol... haha :sweat:

The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows...

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Tattooart78@Apr 24 2005, 12:58 PM

Demolish the church and prob on traffics will be settled...:) Hails...

haha... datz not goin to work

itz like killing ya n the prob will be settled as well

no more complaints

http://img252.echo.cx/img252/5066/ppp012vm.gif

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. --- by Winston Churchill (1874 -1965)

Always expect the unexpected!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Driving on the highway is not a competition. It is a cooperation, the sharing of a limited resource. --- Matt Reed

STOC #5806

what about Widening the Roads Along pioneer with Bus bays and all.

People See things as they are and ask ....Why?

I dream things that are never were and ask ...Why Not??

Live to Ride!!!

MY VTEC III, MY BEST FRIEND, trusted, dependable and would take me wherever i want to go.