SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SHELL - OFFICIAL STATEMENT RELEASED

MPeX

Lucky Esso not strick on the dismounting the bike to pump. nvr dismount b4 to pump. can half trigger keng2 fill to the brim...hehehe...

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u149/dinzmetal/Ninja650500X200Banner.jpg

"Gimme Fuel, Gimme Fire, Gimme That Which I Desire, Ooh!"

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 yrs i have been riding... and i never dismount and pump b4. i did not even know need to dismount and pump.. haha. but i only pump esso and SPC. so next time i shall dismount and pump. no wonder the petrol attendant keep staring at me while i am pumping and sitting on my bike.

Regards

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photogallerys/ATL_3679.jpg

if you need to stand, stand to the left side of the bike (since side stand is on the left) .

using your knees and calf, try to push the bike to the right, making the bike in an upright position.

now you can pump just like how the bike position is when you sit on it.

quit whining and happy pumpin.

Leceh lah, sit and pump still the best.

Would rather travel abit more then pump at Shell. The only good thing bout Shell is its toilet and the air pump station.

why the pump attendants will fill up for cars and not bikes?

Many reasons, bike have small capacity for petrol. It jus take a while to fill it up for you. I guess most bikers prefer to do it themselves. Could't be I open the fuel tank and then go to the counter to wait to pay and then the key is kept by the fuel attendant. weird rite??

Secondly, most bikers dun trust others to fill up their big bike. Scare bike drop.

Thirdly it is a common occurance, that biker do it themselves, so it is not normal to offer their service to bikers.

Thta how i feel.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The first time after I got my bike I went to pump petrol I had no idea what to do and no one came to help even though I really looked damn blur and took very long to open the fuel tank and take the pump. Fortunately a biker came to help, although he was driving his car then. Nice to know there are helpful people around, especially in the biker community.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/viewContent.jsp?commentPageNo=1&id=28464#comment

Revived!

Anyway this was in 2005:

Hi ---,

We thank you for the opportunity to listen to and learn from the views expressed by the biking community arising from our safety advice requiring riders to dismount from their bikes before and to stay dismounted during refueling. We are heartened that you share a common understanding of and agree with us concerning the risk of petrol spillage when bikers stay mounted during refueling and the potential danger of a fire outbreak should the spilled petrol comes into contact with hot engine/exhaust parts.

Shell regards safety as one of its highest priorities and constantly strive to raise safety standards to even higher levels for our staff and customers alike. We aim for zero-tolerance for mishaps at Shell petrol stations, and for this, we seek the full co-operation of all stakeholders - staff, station operators and customers. To this end, we have launched the nationwide safety awareness drive to promote safe refueling practices at petrol service stations. Dismounting from the motorbike during refueling is one of the key safety measures advocated in this campaign.

We are grateful to you for highlighting to us the service lapse at the station level, which may have been the result of the staff's eagerness to adopt the new initiative but, nonetheless, borne out of good intentions. We apologise for any breakdown in the communication chain with our operators and site staff, and we assure you that it is never our intention to embarass any of our customers. We have already sent an immediate circular to our network to coach the site staff on the finer points of customer engagement and the rationale behind this particular initiative, and will reinforce this message at the monthly face-to-face engagement meetings .

We would like to reassure the biking community that this initiative is not to discriminate against bikers. We would like to emphasize that the risk we are seeking to address is the potential spillage onto the hot engine/exhaust parts located immediately below the bike's fuel tank that could potentially ignite any spilled petrol. Cars, on the other hand, are not exposed to the same danger. Also as car engines are required to be switched off when refueling, we have noticed that most customers actually do not stay in the car as their car air-con would similarly be turned off.

We understand that one of the complaints is that it is not easy to refuel the bike to the brim when dismounted and put on side stand, not to mention the greater risk entailed when the biker tries to straighten the bike and refuel at the same time. Within resource limitations and upon a request by the biker, we will be advising the site staff to assist in refueling the bike so long as they are not required to hold the bike upright as our staff may not have the necessary experience in handling the various makes of bikes.

We thank you for the constructive suggestions of allowing a grace period for the biking community to adapt to the new initiative. To manage this change and convince bikers of the risks involved, we are pleased to inform you that we will allow for a grace period till 31st Mar 05 before fully implementing the no-sales policy on bikers who refuse to dismount before refueling. Till then, we will advise our site staff to actively persuade bikers to dismount while refueling and create the awareness for those who may not be familiar with the English safety leaflet (Think Safe Stay Safe) that are already available at all Shell stations.

We hope that the above measures can reassure the biking community of Shell's good intentions and would like to take this opportunity to thank the biking community for their continued support and for making Shell their preferred brand of petrol.

Redgs,

Derrick Ong

Operations Support Manager

Shell Eastern Petroleum (Pte) Ltd

31 Pandan Road, Singapore 609278

Tel: +65-6263 2822 Fax: 2819

Email: [email protected]

Internet: http://www.shell.com

http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_561317858m.jpghttp://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_406319657m.jpg

[¯*林德金 超級摩托 飆車隊 *¯]

** signature editted. unauthorised advertising **