SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SHELL - OFFICIAL STATEMENT RELEASED

MPeX

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a shell right beside my block and another one down the street, but I only pump when I am late for something. That, or to use the toilet and pump my tyres. The no mounting rule plus the fact that I don't really notice any difference with Shell Vpower or any premium petrol, drove me to go to other petrol stations.

• 3 months later...

Hmm... I dun quite understand, in the end of the day everyone still need to get off the bike and pay rite?

I find it weird to sit and pump.. I normally put the tank cap on my seat and i pump, then go counter to pay,

Sports bike troublesome meh?? maybe i ride small RS125, wont understand big bike problem. But normally still can pump full mah, Does it matter if you miss the last 50ml of petrol to make it real full.

When i go other station i also got off the bike, dun wan to stain my shirt or precious jeans.

Maybe, you all not used to the changes?? (who moved my cheese??)

something to think abt.... no offence

oei u all don't chit chat here ah :sian:

i have always got off my bike to pump. can't imagine where to run when i'm straddling the bike between 2 waiting cars and the fuel caught a spark.. can't possibly levitate my butt to the ceiling right? :p if i'm standing, still can run away..

SingaporeBikes Forum Rules & Regulations

Please use the search function if you have a question.

wont understand big bike problem.

Big bikes are worse !

Sometime the floor got oil stain and slippery, imagine half way pump petrol, you slip and the bike drop ?!!!!

The petrol flow out from the tank (the cap is open), and engine is hot....

You need 2-3 man to help to left up the bike !!

For my own safety (I dont want to be pinned under my 260kg bike), I always make sure my bike is securely park before start pump petrol.

I start to do this when I start to ride big bike, everytime I pump petrol (everywhere SG/MY/TH), even before Shell announced the rule.

** Be smart, ride safely, stay legal **

Please read the << Street Smart >> thread.

Hello Riders...Jst a tot...im ridin a Twin i don get off my bike to pump.cos need to shake shake abit to get rid of the air in the tank to maximise the space in the tank.if ur really afraid tat ur bike mike fall put out the side stand at least safer on the left side.jst lean more towards the left la.

I have not pumped full tank in SG for years.oni wen runnin low pump a couple of dollars then go JB. jst make sure the fuel drips clean into the tank before u take out the nozzle...

Ride safe Pump safe...

I still dun quite understand, why must rider shake their bike?? get ride of the vaccum in the tank?? I believe you guys are refering to the tube going down the carb. But how could there be a vaccum when initially in the first place there isnt one. I tot we jus increase the petrol in the tank only.

Even if there is a vaccum, i doubt it is more than 30ml of petrol. forget it then, later when u ride on the road, you may corner all you like to shake yr bike.... hahahaha

I still dun quite understand, why must rider shake their bike?? get ride of the vaccum in the tank?? I believe you guys are refering to the tube going down the carb. But how could there be a vaccum when initially in the first place there isnt one. I tot we jus increase the petrol in the tank only.

Even if there is a vaccum, i doubt it is more than 30ml of petrol. forget it then, later when u ride on the road, you may corner all you like to shake yr bike.... hahahaha

some people shake their tank because they premix their 2T, i thought big bike owner will know this kind of general bike knowledge :cheeky:

SingaporeBikes Forum Rules & Regulations

Please use the search function if you have a question.

I think it`s ok la that shell make such rulez.. though now adays they not so particular about this le.. cos their intention is to make us safe...those who sit on the bike pump and accidentally spill the petrol on their jean,shorts will know the meaning of this... the sensation of the petrol burning ur skin..

been supporting shell petrol from day 1 i rode bike till now.. maybe cos nearer to my house ba... once a month also will pump Vpower as it somehow make ur combustion smoother and help to clean ur engine too.. that`s is why shell`s petrol is different from other..they added substance in their petrol to protect our engine

Once A Biker..Always A Biker

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/40/69/2479604/33323932416639s.jpghttp://photos.friendster.com/photos/40/69/2479604/888510956m.jpg

Curiosity Kills The Cat, Ignorance Kills You!!

2003-2003 Cagiva mito7 FM7837*

2003-2007 WR200 FP8814*

2005-2007 Super 4 Vetec FR5088*

2007-2008 K1 750 FZ2880*

Yup, but the reaction from the floor dun seems to agree...The floor seem to take it very personal on comparision with cars on the fact that they are required to dismount.

Sometime i feel that singaporeans, especially the guys have too big a ego. They cant be told what to do, even when they are doing something wrong, that is what i understand from my ladies friends which enlighten me.

• 3 weeks later...

if you need to stand, stand to the left side of the bike (since side stand is on the left) .

using your knees and calf, try to push the bike to the right, making the bike in an upright position.

now you can pump just like how the bike position is when you sit on it.

quit whining and happy pumpin.

For every 7 pounds you lose, you gain one horsepower.

if you need to stand, stand to the left side of the bike (since side stand is on the left) .

using your knees and calf, try to push the bike to the right, making the bike in an upright position.

Better not push too hard or the bike will fall to the other side... :giddy: :faint:

First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rules biker-sans. Not mine...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1859/11superbikesmackdown11.jpg

The more we get together, the FASTER we'll be..

Mar 93 - Oct 94 : TZR125 FF5209R

Oct 94 - May 98 : GSX R400N FK3745K

May 98 - Oct 05 : GSX R400R FN3306D

Oct 05 - June 11 : '02 YZF R1 FBF3637M

June 11 - Feb 19 : '11 ZX10R

Feb 19 - ??????? : '14 S1000RR

i think its better to stand on the right side..

rest the bike on ur body..this one when finishing up to the last part..

more safer mah..

leave the side stand open..jus in case..

.the Raven travels alone.

got 1 ah neh, told me to come down to pump

at first, i act blur and pretend i didnt hear it

then he come closer and tok to me, i say wait wait

3rd time, he repeat, i say "huh, i dun understand what u toking"

*still pumping*

last time when he say properly, then i say "oic"

and then, i say "fill up liao", thanks for the advice.

:D :D :D

then come down bike and pay. :D :D :D

:cool: