SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SHELL - OFFICIAL STATEMENT RELEASED

MPeX

forget it lo, just boycott it lo.. i am just going to change my 1000+ points to some stupid gift and then support m'sia shell. Anyway i always believe that i am the consumer so i have to right to select my provider...

CRISIS REFINE LIFE. IN THEM YOU DISCOVER WHAT YOU ARE!

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been here in USA for 4 mths already. ^1/2 the time i come in contact with metallic stuff ie. cupboard, cars, doors & even fuel pump i get static shock n can see SPARKS at the contact point :giddy: but...but...the bikers here also sit on their bikes when refuelling wat :faint:

then y in a place like sillipore when u r 99.99% unlikely to experince any of these stactic discharge in ur entire life needs to implement such nonsense Safety :confused:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

btw have talk to my folks back home 'cos my dad also biker. conclude that my dad also not shiok abt shell. action to support against shell:

1) he stop fuelling his bike in shell

2) he stop fuelling his car in shell

3) he persuaded my elder bro to change to exxo

4) he also persuaded my younger bro to change to mobil

5) he amusing persuaded my elderest sis too (shell station onli meters from her house!)

6) as for my wife she never like shell 'cos the mileage is obviously low when she tried shell :giddy:

as for me shell is definately not going to earn my ~$150/mth :nono:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by shithead8883@May 15, 2005 01:30 am

So frankly there is no case against bikers right??? or izzit their syndrome.............:nono:

isn't that how the pap run our country ?

btw, just for everyone's information, i stopped at esso a few weeks back. the pump attendant told me: "sir, cannot sit on bike."

i say we ban all gas companies and take the bus !

SingaporeBikes Forum Rules & Regulations

Please use the search function if you have a question.

actually i don't see anything wrong with dismounting and pumping.. what can the reason possibly be that ppl don't like to get off the bike? after all, u'll still have to get off and walk over to the counter to pay! :giddy:

It's your damn bike, wash it yourself! You rinse your own mouth after you eat, don't you?

of course sore point . dont like don;t pump lor

I have shifted to exxonmobil for a year already.

their speedpass gives me the liberty of not having to dismount and pump.

I pump full, close fuel cap, start engine and GO!!!!

For you O Lord, will bless the righteous; with favor You shall surround him as with a shield. Psalm 5:12

The dismount policy is regarding SAFETY, especially for you (the rider). Shell is among the few leading company that practices good Corporate Sosial Responsibility or CSR. For this, Shell (and other refineries too) conducts extensive studies/research on matters of safety. And there's validity on the dismount policy, IT WOULD BE FOOLISH TO THINK OTHERWISE.

I've been working as a refinery technician for 24 years and eleven of these years with Shell. I know the risk involved. I've been a biker even longer, almost 29 years. And not once did I fill my tank while straddle on the bike. It's risky and it's just common sense.

Be aware that ANY business entity has the right to refuse any customer if the customer refuse to abide by their business principles. It is not discriminatory, especially there is a violation of safety rules.

When I started biking in the late seventies, I was taught to dress right for the ride, or more precisely dress right for the fall (that is, should you have to take a fall). That mean:

1) A good quality helmet, full-face preferred. Ask yourself, what's that brain of yours worth. During the early eighties a group of avid bikers petition/lobbied to get full-face helmet legal. I thank them for their determined effort.

2) Jackets (with arm, shoulder and back protectors preferred) and gloves, unless you prefer to shed your skin on the tarmac.

3) Riding boots. Note that shoe laces can get caught on your gear lever or foot rest. NO SANDLES or SLIPPERS!

4) Full length boot cut jeans is the minimum. Preferred, of course, a pair of riding pants with hip and knee protectors Loose end of your pants can also get caught by your foot rest. NO SHORTS or BEMUDAS.

These riding gears make you look cool anyway and it is a reflection that you are a serious rider.

"Some people are wise, and some otherwise"

\"Let Those Who Ride Decide\"

\"Ride To Live, Live To Ride\"

Maybe because im a new rider, (about 1 year plus) and the first petrol kiosk i pumped at was a shell getting my 2b bike. I was sitting on my bike trying to pump when the attendant told me that i couldnt do it.

So i have been pumping while standing all this while. Recently at 2nd link, i followed my friend and pumped while straddling the bike. I must say that it is much easier to pump when on the bike. So nowadays in Sg i always try to pump at those isolated pumps far away from the attendants and counters. By the time they notice me and stop me i would have finished pumping :cheer:

Things done so far:

Brand new rear suspension, new rubbers in carbs, serviced carbs, double bubble windscreen, voltmeter, Pilot Sport tyres, Did o ring + VAZ sprokets, front brake pump, gaskets + waterpump oil seal, Maxima CoolAid, 2nd hand rear hugger, 2nd hand front brake disc, Fizz Power brake pads front and back, 2nd hand front and back rims, Yusa battery, Reconditioned 2nd hand carbs by Planet, Front sticker number plate, front wheel bearings, new clutch plates, fortuna paintwork sponsored by spastic driver, Keitin tank pad.

Need sugar mommy for : Hel brake lines and top end overhaul.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by shiraz@February 21, 2007 12:37 pm

actually i don't see anything wrong with dismounting and pumping.. what can the reason possibly be that ppl don't like to get off the bike? after all, u'll still have to get off and walk over to the counter to pay! :giddy:

The problem is with sportsbike. When the bike is leaning on it's side stand, we can't pump the petrol to the fullest.

Cos, lesser petrol = lesser mileage = have to stop at petrol kiosk more time. :smile:

99-01 > Mito 125, NSR 150

01-03 > Honda VFR 400 NC30, Aprillia RS250

03-05 > '02 YZF R1

05-07 > '05 Suzuki 600 K5, Wave 125, Nuovo 110

07-08 > '03 T-MAX [5GJ]

08-10 > '07 T-MAX [5VU], '08 T-Max [4B5], 08 R6

05-10 > DUCATI 749 Dark Mono

10-11 > CBR 1100XX, 2010 Busa

13-14 > RC51 SP2

14-16 > Ninja 400R, Z1000SX, MT09 Tracer

As for me, i never get down my bike when i am refilling the petrol, except on my Yamaha Nouvo ( cos the petrol cap is underneath my seat). If the attendant saw me and refuse to let me pump while i am sitting on, then i just start my engine and ride to the Esso petrol kiosk beside. No arguments is involved. I simply just dun let that particular kiosk earn my $25 of petrol. And lagi best, if i have a big group of friends with me when this kind of incident happen, i would just bring them all over to the other kiosk with me.

99-01 > Mito 125, NSR 150

01-03 > Honda VFR 400 NC30, Aprillia RS250

03-05 > '02 YZF R1

05-07 > '05 Suzuki 600 K5, Wave 125, Nuovo 110

07-08 > '03 T-MAX [5GJ]

08-10 > '07 T-MAX [5VU], '08 T-Max [4B5], 08 R6

05-10 > DUCATI 749 Dark Mono

10-11 > CBR 1100XX, 2010 Busa

13-14 > RC51 SP2

14-16 > Ninja 400R, Z1000SX, MT09 Tracer

• 2 months later...
As for me, i never get down my bike when i am refilling the petrol, except on my Yamaha Nouvo ( cos the petrol cap is underneath my seat). If the attendant saw me and refuse to let me pump while i am sitting on, then i just start my engine and ride to the Esso petrol kiosk beside. No arguments is involved. I simply just dun let that particular kiosk earn my $25 of petrol. And lagi best, if i have a big group of friends with me when this kind of incident happen, i would just bring them all over to the other kiosk with me.

you da man! :thumb:

• 1 month later...

sorry to bring up such an old thread.. i dont see y some ppl need to sit on their bike while refuelling.. U still have to get down the bike to pay, unless use speedpass..

watch this video:

*all just becos of static, can happen anytime anywhere*

ask yourself, what would u do if it happen while u were on your bike? confirm will jump off your bike rite?

wat happen if u jump off and ur sidetand or mainstand not down? bike sure drop rite?

what happens when bike drop and fuel cap is open? Petrol will spill on the ground, petrol spill with fire, whole station burn...

U might say, "aiyah, sure wont happen.. if happen i die then my fault lor.."

If u alone die ok, if whole station burn others die? It could be someone's gf, wife, mother, father, son, daughter, lover, watever....

Just my opinion, ppl can do watever they like in life, just be considerate to others would make the whole world slightly better... :thumb:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/855609689.png

sorry to bring up such an old thread.. i dont see y some ppl need to sit on their bike while refuelling.. U still have to get down the bike to pay, unless use speedpass..

That's not the issue bro. The issue is, how are we gonna see how much we have pumped if the bike is on side stand?

:slapforehead:

If the attendant saw me and refuse to let me pump while i am sitting on, then i just start my engine and ride to the Esso petrol kiosk beside. No arguments is involved. I simply just dun let that particular kiosk earn my $25 of petrol. And lagi best, if i have a big group of friends with me when this kind of incident happen, i would just bring them all over to the other kiosk with me.

Last year I pumped at the Novena Shell, & the cashier inside purposely cut the pump & announced that I have to dismount before pumping. I had just starting pumping about 2 dollar plus so I just put back the pump in, paid that 2 dollar ++, & when she returned my card, receipt, & change, I said,"You can keep the change, & please help me throw that receipt together with the Shell card into the dustbin.Thanks."

I never pumped in Shell Singapore again after that & even in Malaysia, I try to avoid Shell. I think its a bit crappy that they're doing this, especially since I don't have any problems pumping, SPC, Esso or Caltex.

:slapforehead:

That's not the issue bro. The issue is, how are we gonna see how much we have pumped if the bike is on side stand?

most bike fuel cap in center rite? can stand either on left or right of the bike while pumping... so far all the bikes i ride can see... mayb some other bike diff... heheh..

Unless u guys sit on bike and pump cos wanna fill her up till the brim of fuel tank... Which i feel is kindda weird, cos it will overflow out one way or another.. i use to pump to brim.. but, one find day i realise the "extra" i pump will overflow out

http://www.speedtest.net/result/855609689.png

I kena Shell's PA announcement once too.

:sian:

So now I stick to Esso with speedpass.

Esso nvr stop me & ask me to dismount.

:cheeky:

Last year I pumped at the Novena Shell, & the cashier inside purposely cut the pump & announced that I have to dismount before pumping. I had just starting pumping about 2 dollar plus so I just put back the pump in, paid that 2 dollar ++, & when she returned my card, receipt, & change, I said,"You can keep the change, & please help me throw that receipt together with the Shell card into the dustbin.Thanks."

I never pumped in Shell Singapore again after that & even in Malaysia, I try to avoid Shell. I think its a bit crappy that they're doing this, especially since I don't have any problems pumping, SPC, Esso or Caltex.

Why are people who ride motorcycles called bikers and people who ride bikes called cyclists?

no no no...

Use speedpass dun need to get down to go n pay at d counter.

Anyway actually no big deal to play by the operator's rule.

Its the way the staff handle the situation that matters here.

I doubt Shell wants their staff to use the PA system to warn their customers to dismount the bike.

Those pump attendents could be more attentive and walk over to tell the customer nicely.

I think for ur own safety and in order not to drop ur bike or wat, its best to get down of ur bike & pump petrol.. after all.. u still have to get down to go n pay at d counter wat.. so wats d big deal abt getting down? :D

Why are people who ride motorcycles called bikers and people who ride bikes called cyclists?

from last year i have been stop using shell petrol.. their service really cannot make it... pump half way they cut my my petrol can talk on the PA system and ask me to get down from the bike before pump petrol... this is stupid rite... they dun have pump attendent??? they should come over and ask me to get down rite and not over the loud speaker... and i believe this things have happen to alot of ppl out they...

Rot In Hell!!

I think for ur own safety and in order not to drop ur bike or wat, its best to get down of ur bike & pump petrol.. after all.. u still have to get down to go n pay at d counter wat.. so wats d big deal abt getting down? :D

nothing Big deal, u r right... but we are paying for them to earn.. wat for need for them to shout at us to get down bike n see their face?

There r so many Petrol staion in SG... without Shell, my bike still can go :thumb:

All you need to know about GSR 400/600, be it buying, maintaining or modding, please refer to GSR 600 Thread FAQ page 281 and 282

from last year i have been stop using shell petrol.. their service really cannot make it... pump half way they cut my my petrol can talk on the PA system and ask me to get down from the bike before pump petrol... this is stupid rite... they dun have pump attendent??? they should come over and ask me to get down rite and not over the loud speaker... and i believe this things have happen to alot of ppl out they...

alamak such things happen?? hw come i nv notice.. now i noe why u all make a big fuss abt shell.. now i get it.. sorry .. Wah.. dats bad sak.. shout at loud speaker.. pity u.. ermm.. but then again, i tink next time jus get down n pump la.. better.. safer..