Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF PGO Gmax Cafe 2008


Recommended Posts

Nice meeting you guys yday! :smile:

 

Guess the next servicing I will source out the 40 rating engine oil. Which brand you recommend BC?

Your attitude is either your best friend or worst enemy, your greatest asset or your greatest liability.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Gmax@Apr 24 2005, 07:03 PM

Nice meeting you guys yday! :smile:

 

Guess the next servicing I will source out the 40 rating engine oil. Which brand you recommend BC?

U can try Esso 4T gold or the fuch with the 40 rating first.

 

The delvac I'm using, still need to analyse and test somemore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by BLACK COMET@Apr 24 2005, 10:13 PM

U can try Esso 4T gold or the fuch with the 40 rating first.

 

The delvac I'm using, still need to analyse and test somemore.

How abt the Mobile 1 super-syn. :confused:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by chua_chee_keong@Apr 24 2005, 10:52 PM

How abt the Mobile 1 super-syn. :confused:

I believe the mobil super syn is not much diff from the esso 4t gold.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by eyke@Apr 24 2005, 11:08 PM

G-Max 150 from 0-100km/h take how many seconds?

 

Got below 10 seconds?

The G-max 150 is not really a pure performance scooter.

To a certain extent, depending what u are looking for.

 

After my g-max have touch 1000km

 

I tried a few things.

 

0~60km/h is like nobody business.

If u throttle to 6000rpm+/-

 

The pick up is less that 5 sec. U will just see the speedo climb.

 

Reason is that the 6k rpm is the so call sweet spot for the g-max engine.

 

The twin e.v.o exhaust found on the g-max is design for power at low and medium range rpm. Couple with the SOHC, 2 valve per cyliner.

 

U will achieve maxiumun torque(translate to pickup) at the 6krpm range.

 

and due to the design, the rpm climbs very fast. Kinda like nobody's business.

Really redefine the term, "twist and go"

It's really "Twist and REALLY go"

 

To have a same rate of pick up for 0~100km/h. U have to do 6.5k~8k rpm.

 

It will reach there in 6~7 secs?

 

There's a few characteristic of the engine that if, a newbie is riding it, they might feel it's noisy. The noise come in at 6.5k rpm onwards.

Most people will mistake it for lousy engine refinement. But it's actually not.

 

The noise is due to the twin e.v.o exhaust design. At the header, the exhaust split into 2 path. Being the main exhaust flow/path and a slight smaller exhaust flow path. U will see 2 pipe. The diff in size is aprox 5~10mm smaller for the secondary.

At below 6.5k rpm, the low preassure exhaust flow will utilize both path. This will means that at low rpm the exhaust flow is more free and less restricted. Quieter also. At higher rpm/flow, a high pressure exhaust gas will result. due to the design of the exhaust, Most of the exhaust will by past the smaller pipe and channel to the main pipe. this will give it the necessary back pressure to generate more power at high rpm. and thus the sound. Very much sounds like an boxer/thumper engine at high rpm.

 

Pillion riding not that ideal. Reason due to the extra load carried. Put it this way, all bike will have performance penalty if heavy load is carry. I can ride any bike. But I;m sure the performance will go down as my pillion weight 60~65kg. My weight is already 80kg. Unless my pillion and myself is going for weight reduction program,

The will be penalty in performance if I pillion people.

 

This G-max features a oem shows right side up fork. and a single rear mono-shock. Perosnally I feel that the performace is better than twin rear shocks.

 

The suspension setup is for handling and abit "race" feel. So it's a bit hard. But not too hard. My personal opinion is that it's a very good compromise between handling and comfort. I can feel the road well and yet have a readonable amount of comfort. Not to mention the wheel is 13" for front and back.

 

Cornering. I would say, I'm pretty amaze with the cornering performance.

It will not display any form of instability at corner. U can literally feel the road holding. It's almost too perfect if not for the stock tires. The stock maxxis tire is so far pretty good for dry roads.Personal rating is that it's better than the prirelis sl26.

Almost the same or if not not better than the dunlops. Wet? nah. dare not yet

Unless I change to michelin pilot sport.

 

The weight distrribution is bottom heavy. so the handling feels lighter than the runner vxr. Even thou it's like a few kg heavier.

 

The steering geomatry is ideal. To a certain extent, it will go to where you whant to go. Even thou it have a longer wheel base than runner, it will not over steer.

The only setback is that the turning radius is larger than runner. only slightly larger. and this can be compensated by taking a lower coner. That is provided if you dare. And the design althou is bottom heavy, you will not find yourself crapping the main stand during super low corners. This is due to the placement of the exhaust, especially for right side. and for the left side, the place ment of the floor board is place such a way that it will not scrap the floor even if you excced the 50 degree angle.

 

And also due to the double tube cradle main body frame, The rigidty is better than runner.

 

The brake is oem brembo, twin pot for front and single port for back. It's steel braided as stock. the front caliper is a super 4 size. Stopping power is amazing.

Althou it's not the proper way to do it, I feel that a 3 finger pull on the rear brake is enough to stop the bike from 80~0km in just 4 secs. U need another 3 more fingers on the front if u need more stopping power.

The reason I do this is becasue at the moment, I'm not used to such stopping power yet. To used to normal hose brake and drum rear brakes. And My bike almost skidded due to a nearly rear wheel lock scenarios and I Pull a bikt too much with four fingers. That was like 2 weeks ago.

 

This is my personal verdict for the moment as I've haven't explore the bike enough yet. It's only 3 weeks old.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by sigg4@Apr 25 2005, 12:35 PM

yup yup very detail information. hhhmmm momo maybe you can go for PGO if you wannah go for anorther bike sinces it is also twist and go like runner.

toking abt twist n go... tink my dear CCK haven lend me his mag.. :cheeky:

:angry: Road to Endless Destination is still burning. :angry:
Link to post
Share on other sites

ya BC pro. i had a hell lot of info to absorb when I met him on sat. :sweat:

Your attitude is either your best friend or worst enemy, your greatest asset or your greatest liability.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Gmax@Apr 25 2005, 12:43 PM

ya BC pro. i had a hell lot of info to absorb when I met him on sat. :sweat:

:cheeky:

 

Wah lah don't like that leh :sweat:

 

Just sharing what I've read and understand only mah. :sweat:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by BLACK COMET@Apr 25 2005, 12:28 PM

This is my personal verdict for the moment as I've haven't explore the bike enough yet. It's only 3 weeks old.

wow, thanks for the detailed report.

 

i'm considering the G-Max to replace my Italjet Dragster.

 

But after being spoilt by it's 19hp, 2-stroke 180cc engine that does

 

250cc G-Max is not an option for the moment since i've only 2B...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by eyke@Apr 25 2005, 05:49 PM

wow, thanks for the detailed report.

 

i'm considering the G-Max to replace my Italjet Dragster.

 

But after being spoilt by it's 19hp, 2-stroke 180cc engine that does

 

250cc G-Max is not an option for the moment since i've only 2B...

Italjet dragster.

 

I personally call it the autoscoot legend.

 

It's one of the best performance autoscoot around. Just too bad that

it's close shop now.

 

One thing for sure, The G-max can't match the italjet dragster.

After all it's a 4 stroke versus 2 stroke.

 

It's basically comparing apples with oranges.

 

However, all is not lost. I believe there's one thing that you like on the dragster that can be found on the G-max. That's the handling.

 

The italjet dragster featuers a trellis frame with S.I.S. Single Hydropneumatic front Shock Absorber. This give it a very rigid frame and a very rigid feel in handling.

The front just don't dive with hard braking. But the achilles heel of the design is troublesome tuning and maintenance. Anything wrong with the front suspension, it may result in a road accident. So extra care in maintenance have to be done to the front suspension.

 

The G-max will not give you a very powerful performance. after all it's just a 4 stroke 150cc scoot. However, the engine setup is design for low and medium range. Unless u are 90% on highway most of the time, u will definately appreciates the G-max engine powerband setup.

 

Like I've mentioned in the earlier post. 1 think you won't be disappointed is the handling. It's positive feel, precise steering is worth mentioning about.

 

Other advantage over your previous bike will be fuel cmsumption. When run in properly, be expect to have the fuel consumption of 38km/l. I've already got 36km/l during run in.

 

Another thing would be the type of fuel used. the G-max engine have a compression of 9.5. That pretty means that the lowest grade of fuel you can go is 92. Well, I kiasu so I use 95.

 

Other than that, The g-max's engine is air and oil cooled. so no radiator, no water pump and no coolant leak to worry about.

 

Part is surprising reasonably priced too. :cheeky:

 

depending on what u want at the moment. The G-max might just suits your needs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by BLACK COMET@Apr 25 2005, 06:36 PM

Italjet dragster.

 

I personally call it the autoscoot legend.

 

It's one of the best performance autoscoot around. Just too bad that

it's close shop now.

 

One thing for sure, The G-max can't match the italjet dragster.

After all it's a 4 stroke versus 2 stroke.

 

It's basically comparing apples with oranges.

 

However, all is not lost. I believe there's one thing that you like on the dragster that can be found on the G-max. That's the handling.

 

The italjet dragster featuers a trellis frame with S.I.S. Single Hydropneumatic front Shock Absorber. This give it a very rigid frame and a very rigid feel in handling.

The front just don't dive with hard braking. But the achilles heel of the design is troublesome tuning and maintenance. Anything wrong with the front suspension, it may result in a road accident. So extra care in maintenance have to be done to the front suspension.

 

The G-max will not give you a very powerful performance. after all it's just a 4 stroke 150cc scoot. However, the engine setup is design for low and medium range. Unless u are 90% on highway most of the time, u will definately appreciates the G-max engine powerband setup.

 

Like I've mentioned in the earlier post. 1 think you won't be disappointed is the handling. It's positive feel, precise steering is worth mentioning about.

 

Other advantage over your previous bike will be fuel cmsumption. When run in properly, be expect to have the fuel consumption of 38km/l. I've already got 36km/l during run in.

 

Another thing would be the type of fuel used. the G-max engine have a compression of 9.5. That pretty means that the lowest grade of fuel you can go is 92. Well, I kiasu so I use 95.

 

Other than that, The g-max's engine is air and oil cooled. so no radiator, no water pump and no coolant leak to worry about.

 

Part is surprising reasonably priced too. :cheeky:

 

depending on what u want at the moment. The G-max might just suits your needs.

Bro, you r very detail. /hope to meet you soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by BLACK COMET@Apr 25 2005, 06:36 PM

Italjet dragster.

It's one of the best performance autoscoot around. Just too bad that it's close shop now.

There's hope yet!

 

Massimo Tartarini (son of Leopoldo Tartarini, former owner of Italjet) of Blue Energy will be producing new face-lifted Dragsters with 50/125cc 2T, 250cc 4T Piaggio engines.

 

The 250cc 4T Dragster is projected to be out by Sept 05.

 

Too bad no more 180cc 2T engine, but depending on how much improvements they make, I might be tempted to go through the hassle of taking 2A just to get the 250cc 4T. Or maybe i should just lobby the gov to increase 2B limit to 250cc and below? :cheeky:

 

My Dragster has never had any front suspension problems, and after putting in Bitubo front & rear shocks, it handles so much better than stock.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gmax has low maintenance as well. If I din remember wrongly, the cost of a belt is 40plus dollars.

 

I haven see any dragster on the road before... anyone still riding now?

Your attitude is either your best friend or worst enemy, your greatest asset or your greatest liability.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by momo_x9@Apr 27 2005, 12:53 PM

hey guys, brembo da ge got one newbies meet up coming soon.. hope to c all of u there.. :cheer:

yup do keep us informed... :cheer:

Your attitude is either your best friend or worst enemy, your greatest asset or your greatest liability.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Black Comet...from the way u say abt ur gmax I feel this non-italian scoot is coming into the market rather fierce man....In some ways I tink it might even work better than a vxr....the pickup is amazing as well if ur toking abt 6-7sec from 0-100km/h it comparable to a stock runner180 2stroke liao...cant wait to c ur ride man...I guess it might even handles better than my runner :thumb:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/spy622/siggy-1.jpg

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/5958/userbar133749dj2.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by eyke@Apr 25 2005, 10:40 PM

There's hope yet!

 

Massimo Tartarini (son of Leopoldo Tartarini, former owner of Italjet) of Blue Energy will be producing new face-lifted Dragsters with 50/125cc 2T, 250cc 4T Piaggio engines.

 

The 250cc 4T Dragster is projected to be out by Sept 05.

 

Too bad no more 180cc 2T engine, but depending on how much improvements they make, I might be tempted to go through the hassle of taking 2A just to get the 250cc 4T. Or maybe i should just lobby the gov to increase 2B limit to 250cc and below? :cheeky:

 

My Dragster has never had any front suspension problems, and after putting in Bitubo front & rear shocks, it handles so much better than stock.

u sure!?!?!?! I thought no more 2strokes for 125cc n above??.....if itz really out, I might even get the 125cc 2stroke coz turning it into a 180 is a too simple job for the 2stroke machine..u shld kno wat I mean Black comet....

 

But Italjet is clever enuff to make the new rides in 125cc 2strokes n 250 4strokes coz at the end of the day IT will be a good fight between the 250 n 125 on the same drag strip in santa pod again n Im fearing the 250 may perform a little better wif helps from ppl in the "Blue" company n ppl from the "Red,orange, yelow" company hahahaha :D

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/spy622/siggy-1.jpg

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/5958/userbar133749dj2.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by spy622@Apr 27 2005, 08:25 PM

u sure!?!?!?! I thought no more 2strokes for 125cc n above??

Pretty sure, reported by a few guys in www.italjetdragster.com, the webmaster of that site was invited to the launch. just have to wait about 5 mths or so to see if real or not.

 

Contrary to popular believe, there is no ban on 2stroke engines nor 2stroke engines of larger capacity per se.

 

As long as it meets emission regulations, 1000cc 2stroke engine oso can.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by momo_x9@Apr 28 2005, 11:23 AM

bro black comet n G max, u guys going for the outing?? :cheeky:

urrr. if it's on the labour day weekend. Don't think I would want to cos, there may be a ops by TP. :giddy:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • DAIS_1MONTHFREE_SingaporeBikes banner_Motorcycle_300X250.jpg

×
×
  • Create New...