SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

early settlement fees not transparent

I find it terribly difficult to deal with bikeshops even when paying full cash. All sorts of additional fees like document fees, admin fees, kopi fees, etc. I'd rather deal with a private seller who's more flexible in negotiations and do the transfer at LTA.

Caveat though: only applies to resale bikes and one must be able to spot a good conditioned bike. Lemon laws are typically harder to enforce for private transactions

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bros here, i have one issue,

Last night, when i enter the season carpark, the ERP Carpark at HDB, it doesn't allow me to enter. It says "IU cannot detected, please insert cash card". I inserted cash card n entered the carpark

The shocking part is earlier i enter and exit other carpark without any hassle. But the moment, I stop at my season parking Barrier, the IU machine totally blackout, n there is not response when i insert or pull the cash card inside IU.

This morning i couldn't exit carpark because it says "no entry record", until i had to intercom and they open gantry.

Same problem arise tonight, IU machine blackout when i was waiting for ERP sensor to scan my IU. And just earlier i had no such problem at other carpark prior to enter this season parking.

I called the hotline but the staff not able to solve my issue, and suggest me to call them back next day, as other experienced staff will be around.

Please advise if any of our riders experienced similar problem.

IU working perfectly?

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

the IU machine totally blackout, n there is not response when i insert or pull the cash card inside IU.

Firstly check the wire IU to Battery is loose ?

Secondly IU is under warranty ?

If IU not Working properly? you need to go STA Inspection Centre

Edited by chriswei
nothing

Understood, thank u very much.

is there a possibility of carpark scanner jammed / or block my IU? As last night i exit the other cp 20 min prior to my season parking cp, the IU was working fine. Just one i enter the season cp barrier, the IU blackout.

I suspect ur IU is not properly registered with your season parking carpark... Better check with the ura directly..

Sent from my S6 using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for the response, the problem was IU not detected,

I Went to Vicom Inspection Centre at Kaki Bukit to check IU, found out that one of the Battery wire to IU machine was disconnected. The guy was very kind enough to help me fix, without the charges.

Although, the IU machine has heavy duty batt inside, it has to connect to bike batt. Even if there is no connection for few days, IU can still works, but after few days from the batt finish, then IU will stop working. That is what exactly happened to me.

The wire issue could be solved at bike repair place, but i was not sure what had happened , until i went to IU inspection centre.

Great learning though......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for the response, the problem was IU not detected,

I Went to Vicom Inspection Centre at Kaki Bukit to check IU, found out that one of the Battery wire to IU machine was disconnected. The guy was very kind enough to help me fix, without the charges.

Although, the IU machine has heavy duty batt inside, it has to connect to bike batt. Even if there is no connection for few days, IU can still works, but after few days from the batt finish, then IU will stop working. That is what exactly happened to me.

The wire issue could be solved at bike repair place, but i was not sure what had happened , until i went to IU inspection centre.

Great learning though......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cool, thanks for sharing!

Due to the rear Rim worn out, I had encountered lots of "kiat kiat kiat" sounds and its very loud n annoying. . The chain, sprocket, bearing, all had impact as its connected. So, I had change the whole thing..

My regular bike repair shop quoted 280 for rim, 80$ for sprocket set, 30$ for bearing. Yamaha quoted $225 just for the rim, excluding the Labour fee, sprocket n the bearing.

Then went to Ah boy workshop at 23 Lor Geylang, they quoted 165$, 80$, 10$, for rim, sprocket, bearing. And since front tyre was almost 3 yrs old, bargained 80$ for front tyre too. Paid total 330 for rim, sprocket, bearing and front tyre.

People might say, why there is different pricing, is there duplicate parts or etc etc, but the most important thing right now is my bike is running well and managed to cut down expenses.

Becoz, as a customer, we have lots of choices yet we r not sure who is the real, sincere mechanics to offer the genuine products with reasonable price.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Edited by ST_Nepal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Due to the rear Rim worn out, I had encountered lots of "kiat kiat kiat" sounds and its very loud n annoying. . The chain, sprocket, bearing, all had impact as its connected. So, I had change the whole thing..

My regular bike repair shop quoted 280 for rim, 80$ for sprocket set, 30$ for bearing. Yamaha quoted $225 just for the rim, excluding the Labour fee, sprocket n the bearing.

Then went to Ah boy workshop at 23 Lor Geylang, they quoted 165$, 80$, 10$, for rim, sprocket, bearing. And since front tyre was almost 3 yrs old, bargained 80$ for front tyre too. Paid total 330 for rim, sprocket, bearing and front tyre.

People might say, why there is different pricing, is there duplicate parts or etc etc, but the most important thing right now is my bike is running well and managed to cut down expenses.

Becoz, as a customer, we have lots of choices yet we r not sure who is the real, sincere mechanics to offer the genuine products with reasonable price.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

You have a such 'difference in pricing' at Ah Boy shop becos..

The MECHANIC USES HAMMER FOR EVERYTHING!

So the parts were NEW before install but becomes Thrash after install! LoLoLOL

You have a such 'difference in pricing' at Ah Boy shop becos..

The MECHANIC USES HAMMER FOR EVERYTHING!

So the parts were NEW before install but becomes Thrash after install! LoLoLOL

Have to agreeeeeeeeeee....supposedly save $80 from the cheaper tires den have to pay $80 from the bent rim for firing repair....

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that