SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF X8 Cafe

leo_rider

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by firestorm_33@Dec 8 2006, 03:25 PM

KNS......

if it's you, i think you will also do the same thing by reccommending shops that don't anyhow "CHOP" people leh, Right????......cos we are BIKERS.....

Right?? :cheer:

He only intro to gals only. Guys, no way. :cheeky:

Hi guys,

want to ask those who have the piaggio X8 tall windscreen.

1. Do you find that it affects your vision since have to see through the thing?

2. Will there be scratch lines after some time of usage (since it's made of plastic unlike car's ones which's made of ??)?

3. It seems to come in transparent? Are there any that comes in orig windshield colour?

4. Was quoted $200 plus by the counter girl at PSC today (spares parts dept not opened today). Any one able to confirm (Brembo?)?

Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

Hi guys,

want to ask those who have the piaggio X8 tall windscreen.

1. Do you find that it affects your vision since have to see through the thing?

still acceptable

2. Will there be scratch lines after some time of usage (since it's made of plastic unlike car's ones which's made of ??)?

it's normal especially if you everytime use a normal cloth to wipe

3. It seems to come in transparent? Are there any that comes in orig windshield colour?

so far not that i know of....

4. Was quoted $200 plus by the counter girl at PSC today (spares parts dept not opened today). Any one able to confirm (Brembo?)?

you mean sandy ? well think it's abt there lor.....

Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

Well, though i had not fixed one before but i do remember asking another X8er who fixed it.(he sold his bike a year ago).

Things you need to note if you put the tall windshield.

1. riding at high speed(90 and above) will result in shield wobble cos your shield is an obstruction to wind.

2. very minimum wind to you which will result in getting a bit hot....

hence if you are ok with it, go ahead and get it. :smile:

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/firestorm_33/S1030017.jpg (Nite Mode)

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/firestorm_33/Daymode-1.jpg(Day Mode)

Always Contactable at 92745438

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/305719-lt-CMO-gt-Mobile-Grooming-for-your-bike-at-your-place-)

Originally posted by firestorm_33@Dec 10 2006, 02:59 PM

Things you need to note if you put the tall windshield.

1. riding at high speed(90 and above) will result in shield wobble cos your shield is an obstruction to wind.

2. very minimum wind to you which will result in getting a bit hot....

Thanks, buddy.

Just wonder how bad the wobble is.

In terms of windiness, I think I can imagine. Tested one forza with high windscreen before. Really couldn't feel any wind at all. =)

Btw, so you mean normal cloth will cause scratches on the body paintwork too huh? I think i have to start using Chamois to wipe my bike already.

Originally posted by roytanlk@Dec 10 2006, 09:34 PM

Btw, so you mean normal cloth will cause scratches on the body paintwork too huh? I think i have to start using Chamois to wipe my bike already.

its not what cloth u use... it how u wipe...

While riding ur fairing will collect dust/dirt/sand. So if u dont wash these off particles off first. These particles would scratch ur paint while u use ur cloth to rub again the fairing.

These particles could also be trap in ur cloth also... So do wash ur cloth properly before u wipe.

Originally posted by ah_huats@Dec 15 2006, 05:42 PM

its not what cloth u use... it how u wipe...

While riding ur fairing will collect dust/dirt/sand. So if u dont wash these off particles off first. These particles would scratch ur paint while u use ur cloth to rub again the fairing.

These particles could also be trap in ur cloth also... So do wash ur cloth properly before u wipe.

I agree. Thanks, dude.

Guest beachboyzsg
Originally posted by disar@Nov 19 2006, 01:15 AM

mine is abt 23km/L to 25km/L. But bear in mind my X8 is fully mod :smile:

Bro, my one not fully mod also 23-25 km/l liao....

:cheeky:

Hi all,

I've been experiencing a lot of problems with my X8 which is less than 4 months old. The first problem was the coolant temperature sky rocketing within 2 weeks after getting the scooter. That was serviced and attributed to a faulty cooling fan. The next problem was my coolant disappearing abnormally fast like within 3 days! Topping up with distilled water seemed to resolve the problem for the time being but I can't be possibly topping up coolant every 3 days! That's ridiculous! The bike was sent to the PSC for a full servicing under warranty and when I got it back, everything seems fine for about a week, then the coolant problem came back again and worse the scooter engine seemed to get flooded all the time. I can be travelling at 70-80km/h and suddenly lose power and the engine can become sluggish followed by plumes of white smoke coming out from my exhaust. When I stop at junctions, the engine can die and after starting up again, I create a smoke bomb! I can't tell you how distracting and dangerous it is for me and other people!

I don't know why I'm so unlucky to get this particular scooter which is obviously badly manufactured. It has nothing but trouble! I'm very disappointed with the X8 and wished I had got something else instead. I'm sure that I'm the exception here, I still like the design of this scooter and the way it handles, when it works, it's fantastic to ride, but when these problems crop up, it totally ruins the experience.

I'm going send my scooter back to PSC again for my 3K servicing and I'm going to let them figure out what's wrong.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5076/x82010thumb.jpg

Since 13th September 2006

Refurbished since 29th January 2010

Hi Disar!

Thanks for your suggestion. I've already set my scooter to PSC just now and have spoken to Mr. Yap before he goes for his leave. He also admits that this is very unfortunate, I kena a scooter that's not manufactured properly. Well, to look at it on the bright side, I'd rather the serious problems is being taken cared of during the warranty period rather than have all these problems come out after the warranty.

I explained in great detail of my scooter problems to Mr. Yap and he has a strong feeling that the gasket is leaking somewhere and may require a complete replacement. My trip to the PSC was quite harrowing as well, I had to go very slow because my coolant went dry and the needle hit the red zone again! I had to detour to a gas station, get a bottle of distilled water, top up before I continued my journey.

Mr. Yap is very patient and kind enough to explain the problem to me and hopefully his team can get my scooter fixed by Friday.

:sian:

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5076/x82010thumb.jpg

Since 13th September 2006

Refurbished since 29th January 2010

Originally posted by weeliano@Dec 20 2006, 05:10 PM

Hi Disar!

Thanks for your suggestion. I've already set my scooter to PSC just now and have spoken to Mr. Yap before he goes for his leave. He also admits that this is very unfortunate, I kena a scooter that's not manufactured properly. Well, to look at it on the bright side, I'd rather the serious problems is being taken cared of during the warranty period rather than have all these problems come out after the warranty.

I explained in great detail of my scooter problems to Mr. Yap and he has a strong feeling that the gasket is leaking somewhere and may require a complete replacement. My trip to the PSC was quite harrowing as well, I had to go very slow because my coolant went dry and the needle hit the red zone again! I had to detour to a gas station, get a bottle of distilled water, top up before I continued my journey.

Mr. Yap is very patient and kind enough to explain the problem to me and hopefully his team can get my scooter fixed by Friday.

All the best......:cheer:

Anyway, if not for my family committments, i really hate to put my X8 on sale.....

You will :lovestruck: the bike even more once you change its suspension.....

me using bitubo ones.... No complaints and BEST in cornering....

anyway Mr Yap will do his best to make sure your bike come out ok....hence no worries......:smile:

Btw, information for all X8 riders, when i 1st got this bike, I tested the fuel comsumption on quite a few type of petrol and a few tanks before i had a confirm result. The result is stated below.

beside that, do bear in mind that i have a full audio system on board and i do pillion people abt once a week.

S'pore

Shell - Vpower - 26-27.5 km/Litre (no pillion) 24-26.5 km/Litre (with pillion)

- Unleaded 98 - 24-26 km/Litre (No pillion) 23-25 km/Litre (with pillion)

- unleaded 95 - 27-29 km/L (no pillion) 26-28 km/L (with pillion)

Esso - Unleaded 8000 - 23.5-25.5 km/L (no pillion) 22.5-24.5 km/L (with pillion)

- unleaded 5000 - 26-28 km/L (no Pillion) 25-27 km/L (with pillion)

Malaysia Vpower - 25-27 km/L(no pillion)

My current way of petrol pumping is using Shell 95 most of the time and Vpower once a month..... This helped me to achieve on average of 27.5-29 km/L & more power in pickup.

This is just a info guide for all. Do bear in mind that weight of individuals,weight of items put in bike,pillions' weight,fast/slow throttle during move off & ramming of the bike vary the fuel comsuption too. btw, i am abt 80 kg.:cheeky:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/305719-lt-CMO-gt-Mobile-Grooming-for-your-bike-at-your-place-)

Originally posted by disar@Dec 21 2006, 10:48 AM

Thanks for the great info bro :smile:

For me the fuel consumption has been stagnant at 23km - 25km/L since i started mod my scoot. Its not that good but im quite happy with it as I noe my riding style is very bad :smile:

yup... correct, bro..... mod e bike will also reduce the fuel consumption....:smile:

Originally posted by weeliano@Dec 20 2006, 05:10 PM

Hi Disar!

hihi weeliano... how ur X8 so far now after servicing at paggio ??? better?? :confused:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/brownkai/X8gathering1-2.jpg

Selling my beloved X8,

- FY X8 Matt Black

- COE till dec 2015

- 1 owner (me)

- Cash or reloan

- Maintained superbly by Future Scootering

Comes with:

- Alarm

- Magnum horn

- Prosport Voltmeter

- Koso Digital RPM meter

- Polini Gear Ratio

- Polini Clutch

- Polini Clutch Bell

- Polini Speed Control

- Polini Open Pod

- GPR Full system Exhaust (LTA Approved)

- Aftermarket rear shocks

- Aftermarket rear splash guard

- Fulll servicing at every 4 - 5K

- Accident Free

- Buyer to pay for transfer fee

View to appreciate and price negotiatable after viewing.

PM or sms me at 97378487 to arrange for viewing :smile:

bro disar, selling due to? upgrade to 4 wheels or bigger cc bike?

Btw, good luck to yr sales!! :smile:

With every good wishes

Mark C.

It is in the moment of your decision and action that your life is shaped.

Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

为了生活我å¯ä»¥å¿ , 平安回家 , 陪家人åƒé¥­å¾ˆé‡è¦.