SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Motorcycle - With or without box?

fat-lip

With or without box?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. With or without box?

• With box
    • Without box

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on the type of bikes.

Personally, I find it looks odd for a super sport bike to be fitted with top box. No offence to owners who put 1 on their sport bikes; it's your bike and I respect your choice. Some owners find it practical to have one for their daily essentials and dislike carrying helmets and jackets around.

I came across a RVF fitted with a black and squarish big top box. Perhaps it look odd coz it is a rare sight but definitely unique.

A Yamaha RX-Z. As in, those normal box fitted at the back of the bike. Purpose of the bike is to be used mainly for transport.

Personally,

- With a box attached, I find it useful to have one.

- Without a box, if we are talking about looks, it would look more stylo, isn't it?

IMHO..rxz no problem with box..lots of my bros with dem..even with box they still run! With sotong tyres lagi worst! Hahahaha..now all old rxz with box? Thumbs up bah! All my bikes sure got box ..unless my scrammies la...now old man liao..writing scooter..with big box and great understorage..wife happy ..me happier!

Sieg Heil!!!Sieg Heil!!!Sieg Heil!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
As per thread title, with or without? Opinions needed. Your thoughts?

Discuss.

Box for convenience of storage and comfort of pillion. You can carry your stuff and keep it dry in the box. As well as your rain gears.

No Box, you'll need to bring a bag... which is water proof. And your pillion will end up carrying it.

But do note that with a box... most bikes will have a warning... Eg for Super 4... there is a warning that with box... do not go beyond 130km/h...

But i know of bros that have gone way beyond that... so...

when i young , no box no problem.

helmet carry here and there no issue

when old liao , lazy carry helmet here and there, everything chuck in box

rain or sudden rain also no scared, always have spare helmet ready .

conclusion , i old le convenience beats acting cool .

Side ones hard to land split Haha

I thought cars see you with huge side box they will auto split to the sides hahahaa... scare you hit them :)

Saw it a few times on the road already. :) quite amazing to see the synchronized opening of the road for those with huge box :)

I thought cars see you with huge side box they will auto split to the sides hahahaa... scare you hit them :)

Saw it a few times on the road already. :) quite amazing to see the synchronized opening of the road for those with huge box :)

Yea. agreed

• 1 month later...
Box for convenience of storage and comfort of pillion. You can carry your stuff and keep it dry in the box. As well as your rain gears.

No Box, you'll need to bring a bag... which is water proof. And your pillion will end up carrying it.

But do note that with a box... most bikes will have a warning... Eg for Super 4... there is a warning that with box... do not go beyond 130km/h...

But i know of bros that have gone way beyond that... so...

Hmm.. Which type of water proof bag?

• 2 weeks later...
Is this type of mounting, with just a baseplate instead of using a rack, allowed when it comes to vehicle inspection?

Should be ok. My bike passed inspection. Plus, I think inspection is mainly concerned with safety tampering. That's why any modification, be it to improve or to degrade the system i.e. brakes, lighting will be considered tempering. Sad..

Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...