SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Announcement from Sepang Int'l Circuit

Please note SIC's announcement on MSS Round 4 as FINAL.

MEDIA RELEASE

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

SEPANG TRACK TO CLOSE AGAIN FOR REPAIRS FOR MOTOGP

Opened temporarily since August 18 for the 12-hour Merdeka Millennium Endurance race (MME) and the FIM Asian Grand Prix this weekend, Sepang Circuit will be closed again for further enhancement and finishing works for the Polini Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix in October.

“The track will be closed from September until to MotoGP in October for finishing works and to build additional safety requirements as requested by FIM Safey Delegate Claude Danis,” says Sepang International Circuit (SIC) Press Officer Azhar Ghazali.

Following the closure, Azhar said, SIC had cancelled Round 4 of the Malaysian Super Series, which is scheduled on September 8 and 9.

“With cancellation of the fourth round, the Malaysian Super Series championships for this year will only run for four rounds instead of five as scheduled originally. The final round for bikes competitions will be held as support races at the Polini Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Pirx from October 19 to 21.

“The final round for cars will be run as support races at the A1GP Malaysia, which is scheduled from November 23 to 25. We are unable to replace Round 4 as there are no more dates available for track usage this year. The track is fully booked until end of the year,” Azhar said.

Among the additional works requested by Danis included leveling of the grass and edges between the track and the grass, construction of kerbs along certain stretches in some of the Turns and smoothing the entry and exits in some of the Turns.

The FIM delegation, who came to the circuit on August 2 to inspect the track, is scheduled to return to Sepang at the end of September for another round of inspection as preparation for the Polini Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix.

Slotted as the penultimate round of the championship, the Polini Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix 2007 would be held at Sepang Circuit from October 19 to 21 with the concluding round in Valencia two weeks later.

In his inspection on August 2, Danis had ordered for the repairs and the track, which was closed in May for a complete resurfacing exercise, was subsequently closed from August 6 to 17 for the repairs.

http://photos-519.friendster.com/e1/photos/91/53/29333519/29650247456167l.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u didnt go for track day today?

Don't just break your laptimes, SHATTER them!!

Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein, a German born theoretical physicist widely known as one of the greatest of all time

Wah Lau Eh!!!!

Xibay Suay ah Wah Ka Le Kong...

Tamade Hun Dan resurfacing using Milo Kopi-o Kek Huey Sio ah?

hAnG lOoSe,

Hartholomew Mamola

The REV Club

For riders, by riders, NOT SOME GREEDY F*CK OUT TO MAKE A BUCK

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/image.php?u=23316&dateline=1271137474&type=profile

Why Hart, you ran out of championship points izzit? :lol:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48008&d=1198993193

flowers: 1979-2007 (Gilera Runner, Honda Varadero, Ducati 999, Yamaha 05 R6)

#48 Shoya Tomizawa: 05 Sep 10

LollyPop: 1983-2011

#58 Marco Simoncelli, 20 January 1987 - 23 October 2011 Sepang GP

likely that no.s could turn to MRS instead if MSS rd5

Don't just break your laptimes, SHATTER them!!

Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein, a German born theoretical physicist widely known as one of the greatest of all time

Hi guys,

Me too heard about the cancellation of round 4. All of sudden cancel. Where can like that?

Not fair coz this certainly will deprive someone from collecting enough point to get a better position or worse still loose a chance to be a champion.

Working example:

"A" now is in 2nd position and "B" is in first position. They are just separted by say 10 points currently.

By cancelling round 4, surely "B" champion mah.

But if they continue with round 4, there might be a chance "A" can win and get points to overtake "B" hence "A" can become champion.

Same goes to other position also (but same concept lor).

Hi guys,

Me too heard about the cancellation of round 4. All of sudden cancel. Where can like that?

Not fair coz this certainly will deprive someone from collecting enough point to get a better position or worse still loose a chance to be a champion.

Working example:

"A" now is in 2nd position and "B" is in first position. They are just separted by say 10 points currently.

By cancelling round 4, surely "B" champion mah.

But if they continue with round 4, there might be a chance "A" can win and get points to overtake "B" hence "A" can become champion.

Same goes to other position also (but same concept lor).

Ya man its frustrating to hear the news especially if one is in that kinda situation of "A".. But tinking of it "B" might crashed out of the race and "A" might take up the championship.. Who knoes?? Dis is racing man..

As for me i just hope dat i wont be in "B" position during next race and im frustrated myself coz cancelling 1 round means less racing = less fun..

As far as the Sepang is concern, they have always been ahead in planning xcept for this year where resurfacing of track is due.. And as for the resurfacing is concern it is normal to have the track re-touch after the 1st attempt.. Thnk GOD im racing this year or else i wud never knoe when i get the chance to ride arnd Sepang this year with the tight schedule they had dis year..

I was at Sepang over the weekend and went to the track office for a chat with the guys there.. To my understanding they not onli have to cancel 1 round of MSS race for car and bike, they even cancel a few bookings of Big Intl team testing over at Sepang.. And that caused them lost of revenue of at least few hundred thousand..

Running MSS and Track Days are basically a loss for a Track like Sepang.. So wat can we do bout it?? The most appropriate thing to do is let them do their job and finish off dis year calender and just hope for more available track days next year or someone to buy over the MSS so we can have it more rounds.. Or even get corporate sponsors to pre-book trackdays every month so we can enjoy more ride over at Sepang.. Just like wat Moto Millia (Aprillia) malaysia did.. Maybe Metzeler, pirelli or wateva wanna pre-book the track every month for track day and collect the track fee direct from rider.. Dis is example of things can be done coz sepang will definitely accept bookings as it is revenue for them.. Another example is car guys.. They have a club called SG trackies and the club pre-book the track for its members.. So when its members go for the session, they will pay the fee to the club.. Of course the club risk of not covering thier cost in the event of less participation as the rental fee cost at least arnd 50k (i was told)..

Cheers.. :thumb:

Ya man its frustrating to hear the news especially if one is in that kinda situation of "A".. But tinking of it "B" might crashed out of the race and "A" might take up the championship.. Who knoes?? Dis is racing man..

As for me i just hope dat i wont be in "B" position during next race and im frustrated myself coz cancelling 1 round means less racing = less fun..

wow.... A sound like me....lolz....:sian:

How much does it cost to hire the track for a 3 hour session?

I really don't mind paying RM150, or even RM$200 for a 3 hour session. From what I know its much less than what other people are paying for at top european and american circuits.

To private hire the whole of sepang can easily cost more than 50k for half day only.. It depends on which day also..

Of course we have been paying the cheapest rate compared to track days in european circuit..

Dats y i said Sepang is at loss everytime they do track day.. Only if they really make money out of track day then there will be plenty of track day blocked in their calender.. Dis will only be possible if we start paying RM300-RM500 per 3hr session.. Although it is still cheaper than most, i believe this wont happen coz the locals there and maybe some of us will be cursing the management if track fee increased..

At the moment track fee are at RM70(up to 250cc) and RM100(above 250cc) per 3hr session.. :thumb: