SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Sprockets & Chains

phatish

Originally posted by Touch n Go@Nov 16 2005, 11:50 PM

:lol: , later all buaya come bite u.. lolx.. i change my posh chainguard for $8 lei, super thin like milo tin can.. o_O

:smile: i believe buayas only bite chio bu ya? tats y i m not afraid of them biting me... la la la~~~

i change my posh chainguard for rm10...

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8/fil43ia7.jpg

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Jammin Iya@Nov 17 2005, 10:24 PM

change my chainguard from e posh one to e plastic one.. ha ha.. use e posh one for 3 mth..skali break.. so i use e plastic black one rite now.. economical.. he he..:smile:

How much $$ u got dat one for? Which shop?

History n Present ride

Nov '00 till Dec '00 - Aprilia RS 125cc 1 Mth

Dec '00 till Oct '05- Yamaha RXZ Delux 135cc 4 Years 11Mths

Feb '04 till Dec '09 - Honda Wave-S 125cc 5 Years 10Mths

Dec '09 till Sept '12 - Yamaha FZ150i 2 Years 9Mths

Sept 12 till Aug '19 - Yamaha Spark 135 RX 6 Years 11Mths

Aug '19 till Present - Honda CB125F

Originally posted by garrieneo@Nov 18 2005, 08:27 PM

i just bought a rxz's chain guard for S$8 at LAB.....

I got measure the RXZ original black colour plastic chain guard but it's too long. Have to cut it short. Troublesome only. So i don wan. Instead I bought the POSH metal one lor...

History n Present ride

change my chainguard from e posh one to e plastic one.. ha ha.. use e posh one for 3 mth..skali break.. so i use e plastic black one rite now.. economical.. he he..:smile:

any idea singapore where got sell this black plastic one?

PROBLEM is not serious, if it can be solved with MONEY ... the PROBLEM comes when you have NO MONEY

Honda Wave 110s - FT7476M

Honda CG 125 ----- FK7947T

Suzuki Bandit 400 - FM 8039Y

Yamaha Fazer 6 --- FW7537E

Honda Steed ------- FN 5565R

Yamaha YP 250 - FS2578R

Suzuki DL650 ---- FX9497T

Originally posted by RxzDelux@Nov 24 2005, 08:38 PM

I got measure the RXZ original black colour plastic chain guard but it's too long. Have to cut it short. Troublesome only. So i don wan. Instead I bought the POSH metal one lor...

ya, that true...

i cut the end and front portion and manage to use one screw for one hole and cable tie for the other.

it work but when pilloning or going over high/big hump, the chain seem to be hitting the chain.

maybe one fine day go jb see if got sell plastic one for wave?

Originally posted by cs_kup_oh@Nov 25 2005, 12:38 PM

any idea singapore where got sell this black plastic one?

i got 2 actually..one already used on my wave..the other was original from RXZ then cut...the mechanic din do a good job...so i search ard other shop..and managed to find one lying on the floor..they respray and cut..at least look better..

hehehee

anyway i saw one wave come wif original black chain guard..it is a brand new wave ...i go over take a closer look..it is not cut..and confirm original..wif the sticker of the tyre pressure on it...look so much better...maybe u can try FJT see have a not

--==anything more than a handful is waste==--

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/89/36/3386398/2918831032400l.jpg

i use 1 week..and it left on my cupboard now....useless item for me..hahaa.dun think it is of a good use anyway

Originally posted by seven7sin@Nov 26 2005, 10:14 AM

i got 2 actually..one already used on my wave..the other was original from RXZ then cut...the mechanic din do a good job...so i search ard other shop..and managed to find one lying on the floor..they respray and cut..at least look better..

hehehee

anyway i saw one wave come wif original black chain guard..it is a brand new wave ...i go over take a closer look..it is not cut..and confirm original..wif the sticker of the tyre pressure on it...look so much better...maybe u can try FJT see have a not

FJT? ok, i call them ask

but the black one is plastic or metal?

then it is like tose posh type or those cover the whole chain type?

PROBLEM is not serious, if it can be solved with MONEY ... the PROBLEM comes when you have NO MONEY

Honda Wave 110s - FT7476M

Honda CG 125 ----- FK7947T

Suzuki Bandit 400 - FM 8039Y

Yamaha Fazer 6 --- FW7537E

Honda Steed ------- FN 5565R

Yamaha YP 250 - FS2578R

Suzuki DL650 ---- FX9497T

Originally posted by cs_kup_oh@Nov 26 2005, 10:31 AM

FJT? ok, i call them ask

but the black one is plastic or metal?

then it is like tose posh type or those cover the whole chain type?

i not sure they carry a not..but since i saw wave using the original black..i suppose they do carry..but surprisingly..his wave R is a new model come wif the plastic chain guard originally...happen to see one onli..it is a full black plastic..

• 2 weeks later...

MERGED THREAD

Topic : chain lubing...

Description : how often do u lube ur chain...

bros out there..

1.wanna know about wen u usually lube ur chain...

2.the type of chain lube u use..

3.is it ok not to lube ur chain.. pros n cons??

thanks bros....

No balls... No guts..

Guest motofreak

1. I'd say try to do it often. Check it every 3 days or so. If still wet from the previous lube dun bother. Just lube it soon after. But dun jus lube lube lube never degrease it first. This will cause u more probs in future as the grease and drit make super good grinding paste. Grinding is never a good thing to bikes.

2. Usually i'd use chain lube. Not chain wax. Can just get a can from Ah Boy O-ring chain lube.

3. Pro and Cons of not lubing the chain:

Pro

- Soon after u get a super extended chain and u mite be able to play skipping with it if it does not snap while u acclerate hard.

- U mite get your very first stylo accident when the chain snap while u are taking a corner.

- U save just a few dollars not buying a new can of chain lube and spend $$$$$ more on chain + sprockets and more if the chain snap while u doin some stylo move.

Con

- Chain mite snap or even derailed from sprocket.

- Derailment would snap the sprocket teeths and mite jam the whole rear wheel.

- Chain snaps and grapples your pillion's legs and dicapitating it as well.

- Chain snaps while u making a corner at a cross junction making u lose control and wiping out some poor pregnant lady and her 3 toddlers and 2 old luving couple in their grey years.

Morale of this crap that i had jus typed out instead of sleeping: Just lube your freaking chain lah. Save u and others lots of trouble. U want a good bike, must put the effort to maintain it all.

Originally posted by motofreak@Dec 9 2005, 12:44 AM

1. I'd say try to do it often. Check it every 3 days or so. If still wet from the previous lube dun bother. Just lube it soon after. But dun jus lube lube lube never degrease it first. This will cause u more probs in future as the grease and drit make super good grinding paste. Grinding is never a good thing to bikes.

2. Usually i'd use chain lube. Not chain wax. Can just get a can from Ah Boy O-ring chain lube.

3. Pro and Cons of not lubing the chain:

Pro

- Soon after u get a super extended chain and u mite be able to play skipping with it if it does not snap while u acclerate hard.

- U mite get your very first stylo accident when the chain snap while u are taking a corner.

- U save just a few dollars not buying a new can of chain lube and spend $$$$$ more on chain + sprockets and more if the chain snap while u doin some stylo move.

Con

- Chain mite snap or even derailed from sprocket.

- Derailment would snap the sprocket teeths and mite jam the whole rear wheel.

- Chain snaps and grapples your pillion's legs and dicapitating it as well.

- Chain snaps while u making a corner at a cross junction making u lose control and wiping out some poor pregnant lady and her 3 toddlers and 2 old luving couple in their grey years.

Morale of this crap that i had jus typed out instead of sleeping: Just lube your freaking chain lah. Save u and others lots of trouble. U want a good bike, must put the effort to maintain it all.

i just bought a new set of sprockets n a new set of heavy duty chain.. tho gold one.. lube now or wait? degrease? i cant get the word..

No balls... No guts..

Guest motofreak

Pls do lube it but not to the point where it starts to drip. Just ensure the Rings get soaked. Neway de-grease means u remove the grease. U may use conventional de-greaser in those spray bottles. So the idea is to lube the chain often..... Then when u think old lube too think on chain, its time to de-grease b4 u lube it back up again.

Originally posted by WaveSlacker@Dec 9 2005, 03:34 AM

i just bought a new set of sprockets n a new set of heavy duty chain.. tho gold one.. lube now or wait? degrease? i cant get the word..

The new chain will already have a layer of grease on the chain.

Look carefully and u may see thick whitish grease inbetween the links.

It may take about 2 weeks for that to wear off. So u can afford to postpone the oiling part if u so wish.

pls do not use conventional degreaser as it will "kill" the o-rings in the chain.

Pls use specialized chain cleaner like Motul Chain Clean or kerosene(as recommended by major chain maufacturers). This will prolong the life span of the rubberised o-rings in the chain.

For o-ring and x-ring chains, it's best to use o-ring specific chain lube.

Chains are rec to be oiled every 500km of normal street riding.

And it's best to oil the chain when the chains are hot(eg after riding for more than 5mins should be fine).

Take good care and u will enjoy prolonged use of ur chain.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b12/Ah_Hia00/Thai/MaeSod.jpg

My Bike Outside The Immigration Checkpoint of Mae Sod(Thai Mynmar Border), Mae Sod, Thailand

25th Dec 2005 to 9th Jan 2006

Singapore - Malaysia - Thailand

Total Distance Covered ~ 7000+ km

Originally posted by Thai_R@Dec 10 2005, 12:47 AM

The new chain will already have a layer of grease on the chain.

Look carefully and u may see thick whitish grease inbetween the links.

It may take about 2 weeks for that to wear off. So u can afford to postpone the oiling part if u so wish.

pls do not use conventional degreaser as it will "kill" the o-rings in the chain.

Pls use specialized chain cleaner like Motul Chain Clean or kerosene(as recommended by major chain maufacturers). This will prolong the life span of the rubberised o-rings in the chain.

For o-ring and x-ring chains, it's best to use o-ring specific chain lube.

Chains are rec to be oiled every 500km of normal street riding.

And it's best to oil the chain when the chains are hot(eg after riding for more than 5mins should be fine).

Take good care and u will enjoy prolonged use of ur chain.

Alternatively u can try Maxima GT85 for cleaning the chains. For more info can try to look for ANR_Impex.

History n Present ride

RP7 cheap cheap!!

If you are lazy to lube, take public transport!

Life is yours, take care of it!

Class 2B: 11 May 2001 | Class 2A: 06 Oct 2009 | Class 2: 21 Dec 2010

Class 3 : 26 Sep 2003 | Forklift Licence: 06 Dec 2005

2001-2001 : Honda NSR SP 150

2002-2002 : Honda XR 200

2005-2005 : Honda Wave 125S

2006-2006 : Honda TA200

2008-2010 : Gilera VXR 200

2011-2014 : Honda Cbr 600

2014-Current: Yamaha FZ1S

2010-Current: Kia Picanto OPC

i am using Rock oil chain lube........$6 and good for o rings.........

comes out in a foam style that will thcken and sep into the chain.........

dont see any flickering at the moment...so i think its good enough..........

Accident Reported @ 17/12/05 9.15pm AMK ave 10

Storage List..........VACum PAcked....

2003-2004 HONDA SP

2004-2004 YAMAHA TZR

2004-???? Honda Wave R 125