SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

How to do carb tuning

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u already know the idle screw, so set the idle speed after different settings.

do each one adjustment at a time.

low - adjust pilot screw or air mix screw by a quarter turn each time either tightening or loosening, try which side gives a better startup.

mid - jet-needle's eclip in slots at the top end of jet-needle. top end slot is lean n bottom end slot is rich. try lower down one slot each time to feel the effects.

high - main-jet, remove main-jet n check the number imprinted on it's side. otherwise it is stated in service manual. size r in #2 increments like #98,#100,#102,#105,#108,...,#120,#122,...,#144,#146,#148,etc. try one size bigger then the next bigger size, number is reference to orific (hole) size.

after all the settings, do remember to check spark plug colouration whether your setting r too rich or not. black soot r too rich. brown-grey-tan-tip with black on the outer rim of plug (no soot) = good.

• 3 months later...

Hello, im Brian. Im intersted in how to set my carb to the optimum. But since im still a nook, there are alot of terms, i still dun get it. I wonder if we could discuss over coffee next time wif our bikes? I look forward to know u as a fren. Hope to hear frm u soon. thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi guys..

1stly i would like to apologise for the bad explanation..

Anyway need some help from you guys here.. I'm riding a Kawasaki ZX4, Just now while riding along the express i discover that my bike has lost power. Closing of throttle and reopening of throttle seem to be a problem to me.. Bike has poor acceleration compared to it's normal state. It's like there's something obstructing the fuel to flow out from the carb to the pipe.. The worst of it is the acceleration.. While moving off from the 1st gear i discover there's something "blocking" the fuel system at about 5K in the rpm.. The "blocking" problem will then be gone if i continue dragging toward 6-7K in the rpm.. I must say the bike has totally lost it's setting and i had my carb service about 2-3mths back.. Just wondering whether is it the tuning problem as i have been going back to the workshop constantly just to get my bike tuned properly.. Another thing is that i suspect water has gone into the carb due to the recent rainy weather..

Guys need your enlightment.. Please advise.. Thanks alot

Edited by Simmz

http://coastline.chu.jp/Resources/zxr400.jpg

Be cool, Be smart... Be your Yourself!

Regardless the bike model/brand. No matter how good/fast the bike is. Without skills the bike is nothing.

Money is'nt everything, but without money, you're just nothing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi anyone can help?There is a piece of wire hose connect from Engine to the carb...But the thing is,that piece of wire come out..i couldnt find any hole to fix it back to the carb..does anyone know?thks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/evilspawnsss/Signature-1.jpg

Class 2B Honda SP (SOLD)

Class 2A (24/08/2010)S4 spec 1(Friend riding)

Class 3(10/2009)Suzuki Swift

Hi anyone can help?There is a piece of wire hose connect from Engine to the carb...But the thing is,that piece of wire come out..i couldnt find any hole to fix it back to the carb..does anyone know?thks

sound like is the carb overflow pipe. Ought to be connected to somewhere within the carb.

sound like is the carb overflow pipe. Ought to be connected to somewhere within the carb.

engine to carb?? 2T pipe? overflow is from carb to no where else de.

Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed

Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed

Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22

Class 4>? start by 2009

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=92543&d=1235736836

I enjoy DIY:cheeky: always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

ya i ask my frd check his sp..funny is his one is only nut..no wire hose connecting to it O.o and he say that nut is use for when changing Engine oil...hmm..weird..

Class 2B Honda SP (SOLD)

ya i ask my frd check his sp..funny is his one is only nut..no wire hose connecting to it O.o and he say that nut is use for when changing Engine oil...hmm..weird..

ok, I think the pipe is about 1/2" dia. May be can show the picture or some expert can explain what is that pipe for?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

(1)Hi bros, i have 2 noob questions to ask as i am a newbie to my bike. Wats the benefit for carb tuning? I mean i am riding a Honda SP so lets say i tune my carb, Wat benefit i will get? And is it good to tune carb? And during inspection can pass?

(2) Wat is stomach cut? Can anywan explain it to me pls. I heard Honda SP sound all diff. Some are loud and high pitch while some are normal sound. I think my SP sounds normal. But i wana make my SP sound like those high pitch if u guys know wat i mean like pain in the ears. Looks cool. Hahaha. Do u guys recommend me doing that? if i do, can i pass my inspection? And does it damage my bike? thanks. ;)

Edited by Kingsp

(1)Hi bros, i have 2 noob questions to ask as i am a newbie to my bike. Wats the benefit for carb tuning? I mean i am riding a Honda SP so lets say i tune my carb, Wat benefit i will get? And is it good to tune carb? And during inspection can pass?

(2) Wat is stomach cut? Can anywan explain it to me pls. I heard Honda SP sound all diff. Some are loud and high pitch while some are normal sound. I think my SP sounds normal. But i wana make my SP sound like those high pitch if u guys know wat i mean like pain in the ears. Looks cool. Hahaha. Do u guys recommend me doing that? if i do, can i pass my inspection? And does it damage my bike? thanks. ;)

Bro frankly speaking..at first i oso dun know what is it..i read alot from thread and i went alot shop asking to tune my curb..nobody doing it rite..until now was done by my mech :) ..benefit is FC will improve very much..ride will be must smooth..Inspection sure pass.. nothing had modified..

2nd-- not much explanation but confirm cannot pass..

Class 2B Honda SP (SOLD)

Bro frankly speaking..at first i oso dun know what is it..i read alot from thread and i went alot shop asking to tune my curb..nobody doing it rite..until now was done by my mech :) ..benefit is FC will improve very much..ride will be must smooth..Inspection sure pass.. nothing had modified..

2nd-- not much explanation but confirm cannot pass..

Bro FC is wat? sorry as i say i am abit noob. lol. Ouh that measn after i tune my carb my ride will be smooth? Ermm does the sound changes? wat else? inspection pass? wahh power. So bro means i just go to the shop and tell them i wana tune my carb rite? How much u think will it cost?

Bro FC is wat? sorry as i say i am abit noob. lol. Ouh that measn after i tune my carb my ride will be smooth? Ermm does the sound changes? wat else? inspection pass? wahh power. So bro means i just go to the shop and tell them i wana tune my carb rite? How much u think will it cost?

FC= Fuel consumption :)

Class 2B Honda SP (SOLD)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...