SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda CB600F Hornet or Yamaha Fazer 600

eugeneg

Which model do you like most?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Which model do you like most?

• Honda CB600F Hornet
    • Yamaha Fazer 600

Hi,

i also bought my FZ6s2 from bike production...i got it for 14k otr..26yrs old..best offer i could find ..trade in also gd value..Do check the shop out:angel:

I book from BP already, collection in about 10 days time, waiting for COE lo

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/580886_3903222993432_1440829392_n.jpg

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FZ6s2 OTR 14+K

CB600 OTR 17+K

Difference of 3+K with the same 600cc engine. So hows the fuel comsumption and the capacity of engine oil of FZ6 and CB600?

There is no secret recipe..... To...... Inner Peace.......

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2008-06/39664259.jpg

FZ6s2 OTR 14+K

CB600 OTR 17+K

Difference of 3+K with the same 600cc engine. So hows the fuel comsumption and the capacity of engine oil of FZ6 and CB600?

In terms of fuel consumption, based on the old hornet version was about 17km/l (2007 version was just out) while fazer offers 20km/l. Oil capacity is 3.4 litres for fazer and 3.5 litres for hornet, not much difference.

hi guys, saw a site that features yamaha fazer next generation phototype design, damn nice!! but may have to wait a few years more...

also attached, I have a hornet 600 brochure for those interested and wana know more.

Yamaha_FZ6-small.jpg

Yamaha_FZ6S-small.jpg

Hornet 600 2007.jpg

hi guys, saw a site that features yamaha fazer next generation phototype design, damn nice!! but may have to wait a few years more...

also attached, I have a hornet 600 brochure for those interested and wana know more.

WOW Fazer new model is it? very sweeeeeeeee, don't know expensive or not, if abt the same than go for fazer

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/580886_3903222993432_1440829392_n.jpg

Those pics were out quite long ago n were photshopped images of speculation for the 07FZ6 . Notice the similarities of the r6 ?

GIVI Touring windscreen for FZ1 2006 onwards for sale - $90

http://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1246.jpghttp://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1721.jpg

H6 looked really wicked for a naked bike...All the "bling" factors were in.

On the other hand FZ6 as a naked bike doesnt look as wonderful as H6 but if you were to tour, the fairing on the FZ6 would be very much appreciated if you were to travel at high speed.

Both have their pros and cons....The saving of buying a yammy

is too good to be true...3k you can include lots of mod to make the bike looked wicked.....

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

hi all, i dunt know if this wld help but here's my mini review of riding on the hornet so far.

i picked up the non abs from mah as boon siew's price was too much the other time. after riding ard for abt 2000 in 2 months, the bike seems to have fitted in fine. riding wise i'd say itz pretty nimble.

I have not had the chance to ride on the fazer but having s seat on both, the hornet surprised me with the size, itz smaller than the fazer, almost similar to the s4. on normal day to day riding, fuel consumption wise is abt 17l, same as what you guys have pointed out but itz running on the new cbr6 engine so it will give u more top end power, i guess thatz where the 100+hp kicks in.

for me i've used more of the low end rpm, ard 5k~6krpm. after riding on a road trip recently, fuel consumption on the highway is ard 22km/l? i enjoyed the trip but wished there was a screen.

u can def pick up after market stuff, such as the screen n hugger for abt 180 each down at motoworld. accessories wise, i'd say they are available finally such as a protective film from AR2 perf, tank bra and what not. the luggage rack is available too for abt 620 wif a hb topcase junior.

hope this helps:P

damn, hornet's a gorgeous bike..

op_jection op_jection, BIG bike must look big la, got one guy say when he washing his Fazer1 and someone ask him is it a 250cc, so if the hornet ppl will ask is it a rxz la

so where is the best price to get a hornet 600?IM 22 this year?can share lobang?

not sure which is the 'BEST' value for money motorshop. but there are some reputable ones like Bike Production, ASPhoon, Loois Motor, Mah motor. And even 0% interest-free if u have a credit card with DBS at Wing Yap (depends on your credit limits)

I suggest u call up these shops 1st before going down, get a list of potential shops that offers good price via phone conversation, and then go down and bargain for more.

From phone, u can roughly know the machine price, otr price with insurance included. Then, physically go down and ask for free gifts like helmets, bike cover, top box etc.

Good luck on your search. Do update us on your research experience and things like that.

op_jection op_jection, BIG bike must look big la, got one guy say when he washing his Fazer1 and someone ask him is it a 250cc, so if the hornet ppl will ask is it a rxz la

big bike look small, nevermind. Still got power mah. Small bike look big = zZzzZzzz!!!

well said!! thats what we started this thread for. forums needs to be active then fun mah, if no exchange might as well read from magazines or newspaper. Upz for patricklby :cheeky:

long time not see u post lao, that day i went to MAH motor and i looking at the Hornet, and i don't really like it much cos it feel more like a S4, just my point of view, ar-la-ma can not re-vote

a clip on Honda 600 Hornet, Kawasaki Z 750, Suzuki GSR 600, Yamaha FZ6... sad thing is not english version..

btw like no body compair GSR600 hor?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/bearsvaluebaby/fireworks718ROXCfmFBsffgif.gif

2005 - SSDC - Class 2B

2006 - BBDC - Class 2A

2008 - CDC - Class 2

a clip on Honda 600 Hornet, Kawasaki Z 750, Suzuki GSR 600, Yamaha FZ6... sad thing is not english version..

btw like no body compair GSR600 hor?

maybe you can start a thread --- GSR600 or Hornet600

FZ6 & GSR600 can not compare la, each got their own supporter lao

riding the fazer s2 now, also regret getting it lol

before the yamaha supporters shoot me down, let me explain why

the engine is too peaky, feels like a 400 at low revs, travelling in the carpark need to gear shift many times. the front sumitomo radial brakes suggest superbike stopping power but they are just average. the front forks are telescopic BUDGET DAMPING ROD FORKS, yes you get what you pay for, pay peanuts, get monkeys, this i agree. my forks dived in a LOT once when i u-turned sharply to avoid a mad cyclist. really scary, felt like the front was going to lose it.

the forks hop around more than mexican jumping beans at any chance they can get. even on the eway, small bumps and uneven surfaces feel like they are harshly damped by the forks. if you're loaded, you can opt for matris cartridge fork emulators (or get a bike with stock cartridge forks). the stock forks just look nice, that's it.

i don't know if the hornet is packed with catalytic converters but the fazer has 3. 2 at the bottom manifold and 1 more when the 2 pipes converge after the former cats. even as a naked bike, it runs hot. some(not me) blame it on too many catalytic converters retaining the exhaust heat close to the bike. then again, i have not ridden many bikes so forgive me if i just state what i observe.

imho, the only saving grace about this bike is it's top end and the pretty useful fairing(this one i don't regret getting). ride it hard like the r6 and the stupid sewing machine sound exhaust actually roars. the rpms climb steadily and it feels like she wants more. then again, i expect the same from any other middleweight inline 4.

hopefully someone riding the new efi hornet can post their opinions and help the TS to answer his question.

SingaporeBikes Forum Rules & Regulations

Please use the search function if you have a question.

long time not see u post lao, that day i went to MAH motor and i looking at the Hornet, and i don't really like it much cos it feel more like a S4, just my point of view, ar-la-ma can not re-vote

yo bro, was busy these periods so din login often. I kinda prefer the specs that hornet offered rather than its outlook. after viewing at totalpet's youtube video, I actually grow more inclined towards hornet 600 now. it is apparent that the CBR600RR's 100bhp engine is better and more powerful, although the Z750 has the best engine especially for the recoveries power.

enfant's feedback also very useful, as I also heard my friend complained about the jumpy fork and hot exhaust before. In the end, he changed his exhaust to after-market carbon fibre material (supposedly less hot but still hot) and did some adjustment to his shock to make it smoother. in my view, if i'm gonna go thru these process to get an ideal bike, why not spend a bit more and get an almost perfect specs - the hornet.

what do u guys think??

what do u guys think??

i think.....

THINK ONLY Ar if it is good for touring

but still better go shop and have a feel of the bike

i'm going to collect my Fazer6s2 next week and enfant o-ready regret,

:cry: :giddy: :cry: :giddy: :cry: oso can not don't buy lao

ai_ya i think if we chose a 600 and the underseat exhaust we should have expert something like that lo,

maybe you can think of buying a 1000cc one, if not maybe u may regret oso ha....ha,,,,,ha.....

For me, pillion comfort is one of the main criteria. In this respect ,the Hornet 600 got the thumbs up from my the other half.

anyway, i miss wildcard.

just one of his insensate followers...

Hi, for those who are interested in the Suzuki GSR600, I have worked out some details here for comparisons and justified the reasons why I never consider to compare with the hornet and fazer in the first place. These are the followings:

1. small fuel tank - only 16.5L inclusive reserve (hornet 19L & fazer 19.4L)

2. heavy weight - 183kg (hornet 173kg fazer 180kg)

3. possibly lower in resale value compared to the common hornet and fazer

You may see otherwise, but imho, in terms of practicality and value for money, I strongly support either the hornet or fazer in the class of 600cc.

Suzuki GSR 600 (2006):

Price - $15,800 (OTR price w/o abs)

Engine type - 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled

Fuel system - Injection

Transmission - 6-speed

Front Suspension - Telescopic, 43mm inner tube, preload adjustable

Rear Suspension - Progressive linkage, adjustable rebound/preload

Front Brake Type - 4-piston calipers, 310mm dual discs

Rear Brake Type - Single-piston caliper, disc

Fuel Tank Capacity - 16.5 litres (inclusive reserve)

Seat Height - 785mm

Dry Weight - 183kg

Fuel consumption - about 15-17km/l

Power - 90bhp

Colour - Black, Blue, Red and Silver

Verdict - It’s a perfectly acceptable ride, but to be honest the Suzuki GSR600 adds almost nothing to the biking world – especially when Suzuki’s own Bandit 600 (and 650 version) does exactly the same job for less money than the Suzuki GSR600. The brakes are conventional rather than the new radially mounted variety. The forks are not upside down, which is even more shocking to the pack mentality. But in terms of styling, the GSR, based on the futuristic B-King concept bike unveiled in 2001, was promoted as a wild, wanton and lascivious street-harpie. Anticipation was heightened by descriptions including "modern art meets race technology".

2006-Suzuki-GSR600c.jpg