• Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website such as:

• Forums
    • Blogs
    • Picture/Video Gallery
    • Motorcycle Clubs
    • Event Calendar
    • and many more!

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

daelim daystar corner ?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Red.Sky...

• yifanz

• Black Skull

• Yoshimura83

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I take it that you own a Harley? I'm very curious about how you calculate depreciation and also, a 1200cc Harley is not comparable to a 125cc Daelim.

A Daystar can't be compared to a Harley because because one is 1200cc and the other is 125cc. How can you compare their pricing and depreciation?

Simple. Relativity. :) It was all relative speaking. Models aside. 40k to 20k is 50%. So is 7k to 3.5k. But if you look at it price wise, it's 20k vs 3.5k. Obviously that's isn't relativity.

Then we look at branding. Like how some ppl would spend 4-5k plus on a mac book pro when that amount can get you 2 or 3 kick ass asus laptops or a home build desktop PC etc. Or $200plus on a vintage nike or adidas shoe when a $25 one at queensway/peni/mustafa one would suffice. Or Levis vs FOX. Or Tag Haeur/Hauer/Hawer vs Casio. and so on.

End of the day, it comes down to how much you willing to spend and what you wanna be seen with.

I like short haired girls but long haired ones will do. heee.

That rubbish aside, yes I do own one. I wouldn't say it was the right decision I made or my first choice or it isn't giving me problems or if I regretted it or not and so on but I dare say I look damn good in it. Muahahaha...*not shy*

w y x m m

wow wow

to all who provided feedbacks,

really thank alot from e bottom from my heart.

thx thx and regards

No worries man. It's fun. Can clock post and can talk kok. hahaha

Anyway last time my friend bought his daystar for around 6k plus also i think. And he really take care. Always very clean (cos he got nothing else better to do, everytime meet him he cleaning his bike. hahah) and sold for I think 2k or something. He was making a lot of noise about it (his pattern la) but in the end still let go cos he really dun wanna keep (drive car mah). Now he say he miss riding but cannot ride cos married all no money. hahaha

w y x m m

No worries man. It's fun. Can clock post and can talk kok. hahaha

Anyway last time my friend bought his daystar for around 6k plus also i think. And he really take care. Always very clean (cos he got nothing else better to do, everytime meet him he cleaning his bike. hahah) and sold for I think 2k or something. He was making a lot of noise about it (his pattern la) but in the end still let go cos he really dun wanna keep (drive car mah). Now he say he miss riding but cannot ride cos married all no money. hahaha

wah, is e talk **** session now..

YAY.

Have A Nice Day.

Hi

i am a daystar owner .. think met kan before ...my bike is the one with the fire design ... realli love riding it for a year odd now with no complain .. letting go my bike now at garage sales cos want to upgrade to a bigger class.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161525

the bike is great and i love daystar even though many compare with like phantom for pricing .. think you will have to love the out built of the bike to enjoy daystar cos honestly .. compare with phantom .. the bike is slower and more expensive but in terms of size and frame .. its super nice to mod esp if you have a nice paint work.. no one would think its a 125cc .

just my thought

joel

:angel: Ride Hard or Stay Home:angel:

haha ya i lazy. no more badminton... i think this month will be bowling.. wa lau all the sports i lousy one. always kana hantam. ok i will try and come out more on fridays. wah lau say daystar warriors so pai seh. i met 2 daystar riders on sat near ah boy, very friendly fellas. one of them was adam and he was telling me that that was his second daystar. and he was riding them for 4 years. he spent like 2k to paint it la. thats crazy!

doh!

guys ...if anyone's interested in a DayStar - i'm letting mine go at a very cheap price. i love the bike - but am relocating out of Singapore, so don't have a choice!

Please take a look at my post in the garage sale and call me at 8168 7336 if you wanna come down to view/test the bike.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164665

cheers!

...cruise with me baby...

Wow.. it looks like cxz6666 had a really bad experience w ur old daystar to be so biased against it.. but y did u keep it for one and a half yrs?

I nv owned a daystar, but my first bike was an FT magma.. a proud dragstar owner now.. b4 i started visiting e forum, i too tot i'd get a phantom, but turned out otherwise. performance wise, i believe too phantom wins hands down. but subjectivity? there juz too many phantoms ard, and really, u cant tell its a cruiser from far.. too small.. i once saw 8 phantoms parked side by side in NTU (no they'r not from some riding club) and i told myself nv will i touch a phantom. riding posture wise, for me the phantom is juz plain awkward.

i'm not even sure y u had to compare the prices CKA r selling their 2nd hand bikes w the selling price on the forums. the prices here r of coz low, due to wear and tear they have not bothered to change, coz e chrome is not shining, maybe a chip or 2 in the paintwork, and all the accumulated dirt they have not bothered to clean.. but i do agree CKA's pricing is still high even after the reconditioning.. if u r willing to put in some work yifanz, i'd suggest u get a 2nd hand daystar here in the forums and do it up urself.. paying not so much attention to the original outlook but the overall running.. personally i'd suggest u change the handlebars, haha.. i find e original ones so bent they look too uncle-ish..

Simple. Relativity. :) It was all relative speaking. Models aside. 40k to 20k is 50%. So is 7k to 3.5k. But if you look at it price wise, it's 20k vs 3.5k. Obviously that's isn't relativity.

Then we look at branding. Like how some ppl would spend 4-5k plus on a mac book pro when that amount can get you 2 or 3 kick ass asus laptops or a home build desktop PC etc. Or $200plus on a vintage nike or adidas shoe when a $25 one at queensway/peni/mustafa one would suffice. Or Levis vs FOX. Or Tag Haeur/Hauer/Hawer vs Casio. and so on.

End of the day, it comes down to how much you willing to spend and what you wanna be seen with.

I like short haired girls but long haired ones will do. heee.

If you compare Harley to Daelim, that is like comparing Arai to Zeus. Sure, if you sell your Arai, you may lose $200, but if you sell your Zeus, you may only lose $100. But you forgot to take into account the brand, safety, comfort and design of the Arai helmet that you gain from wearing it. Just like you forgot to take into account that the Harley is 1200cc and gives you more power, speed and torque.

You have lost track of your argument. Branding? You mean Daelim brands itself better than Honda? Tell me in what way Daelim as a brand is better than Honda. Harley Davidson is branded in its heritage and tradition. Its engine design and distinctive engine sounds are also patented.

I would pay a high price for Levi's, sure. But would I pay a high price for Baleno? I don't think so. When you ride a Harley Davidson, you get people paying attention to the bike. Even people who don't know much about bikes have heard of the brand. Daelim? Anybody who knows about bikes will know whether what kind of a brand that is.

Let me make this clear: To me, Daelim is like Baleno trying to price itself as a Levi's, get it? It isn't better in any way and yet tries to price itself above the market. Harley Davidson, on the hand, also prices itself above the market, but its branding, design and performance is worth the price. I hope it is clear

That rubbish aside, yes I do own one. I wouldn't say it was the right decision I made or my first choice or it isn't giving me problems or if I regretted it or not and so on but I dare say I look damn good in it. Muahahaha...*not shy*

I'm sure you look good on it

Wow.. it looks like cxz6666 had a really bad experience w ur old daystar to be so biased against it.. but y did u keep it for one and a half yrs?

I owned it for one and a half years because I could not afford to upgrade.

i'm not even sure y u had to compare the prices CKA r selling their 2nd hand bikes w the selling price on the forums. the prices here r of coz low, due to wear and tear they have not bothered to change, coz e chrome is not shining, maybe a chip or 2 in the paintwork, and all the accumulated dirt they have not bothered to clean.. but i do agree CKA's pricing is still high even after the reconditioning.. if u r willing to put in some work yifanz, i'd suggest u get a 2nd hand daystar here in the forums and do it up urself.. paying not so much attention to the original outlook but the overall running.. personally i'd suggest u change the handlebars, haha.. i find e original ones so bent they look too uncle-ish..

Why did I compare CKA prices with second-hand ones here? You just answered it yourself.

I did not openly compared Daelim with Honda and as I said, everything was hearsay relatively speaking. If I were to compare comfort and safety and style and all those factors, I'd buy a nice water bed and stay home sleep all day. Baleno did not price their jeans the same price as Levis, nor did Daelim as to Harleys, cc-wise aside, but it's 2+am and I'm too tired to continue the arguement if there was one in the first place even after I agreed with you that Phantoms are better than Daystars in all aspects so I'll pass and let you have it.

w y x m m

Again you are trying to compare the price of a 1200cc bike and a 125cc bike. If you think that is a fair comparison, cc aside, good luck to you. By the way, no brand of motorcycle prices its 125cc bikes more than a 1200cc Harley Davidson. So, what does that prove?

I used Baleno and Levi's as an example because both are selling jeans. Please, if you want to compare the price of bikes, compare bikes that are in the same class. It's like saying Ford does not price itself like a Ferrari, cc aside. What the hell does that mean?

You know what, you're right. You can't compare a Harley against a Daelim. I'm wrong and I apologize. I was just bullshitting my way through before just to clock post and create hype. My bad.

haha.. tuff talkin to biased opinions huh?

hi cxz,

1stly, i really appreciate all your pointers tat u had given and i think they worth alot to me. a big thankyou to u.

i really dont wish u guys to start a fight out of this.

a big thank you to all who left their professional views on this topic. lets not continue.

thanks and regards

Have A Nice Day.

Dude!!! Relativity!!!! Go read up on it. And cc aside means NOT comparing cc. gosh

If there is a 125cc Harley costing $10,000 versus a 125cc Daystar costing $8,000, then that is a fair comparison.

If a Honda Shadow 400 costs $14,000, but a Honda Shadow 600 costs $18,000, then cc aside, why is there a price difference? You work out the logic. The difference is in the construction of the bigger cc engine. That is why you can't just say cc aside, and still use the same price as a comparison. I hope that finally makes sense to you now.

Bottom line is that your logic is wrong. I rest my case.

haha.. tuff talkin to biased opinions huh?

Haha, if my opinions are biased, then why are there so few Daystar riders and why is the resale value so low? Just a thought, how many Daystar riders here bought their bikes brand new from CKA?

By the way, the foot positioning of the Yamaha Dragstar is in a much better feet forward postition. But of course, it's only my opinion. But I guess Yamaha can now charge 1.5 times the price of a Honda Shadow for its Dragstar, huh?

Oh yah, you are the same person who questioned why I compared the prices of CKA with second-hand ones here and then went on to tell the world exactly why they should think twice about buying from CKA. Tell me about being biased

hi cxz,

1stly, i really appreciate all your pointers tat u had given and i think they worth alot to me. a big thankyou to u.

i really dont wish u guys to start a fight out of this.

a big thank you to all who left their professional views on this topic. lets not continue.

thanks and regards

I don't really think it's a fight. It's about an argument on logic. But in respect to you as the threadstarter, the discussion ends here. I hope you got a good bike

Phantom

pros:

abundent supply of replacement parts

faster pick up and better top speed.

cons:

cornering less stable

too common

prone to theft

Daystar:

Pros:

Bigger in size

Nicer design

More stable

Unique

Cons:

Spare parts damn expensive

Feels under powered

One man's meat is another man's poison. Lets not judge another person by the bike he rides. Afterall, its not about the bike, its about the ride.

learning to be a better rider.